Anyone feel the show could have gone on longer with an OVA?

DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Anyone feel the show could have gone on longer with an OVA?

Post by DarkRobin »

The series only had 37 episodes, which is a little bit fewer than the average lifespan of an Ultra series.

Does anyone think they should have had more episodes?
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Is there an Movie or OVA episodes made after the series?

Post by DarkRobin »

Does anyone know is they made a movie from the series, or an ova episode after the end of the series?

And I don't mean the Ultraman Next movie that showed prior to the series; the very movie the series' based on.

I once found a DVD on ebay auction and missed it. It had picture of Ultraman Noa and Dark Zagi on it. And the title of the auction was movie for Ultraman Noa, so I'm just wondering if they made anything to extend the series for a bit.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The show was supposed to be a lot longer but due to bad timeslot placing, it was reduced to 37 episodes. You would get poor ratings for placing an adult show in an early morning timeslot.
Godot
Go Go!
Favorite series: Mostly all of TVN's!
Dreamy: Naomi! =O
Favorite Band: AAA, Jam Project

Post by Godot »

All I know about is the EX episode that takes place around early episode 30's thats focused on one of the crew members. I forgot her name though since it has been a long time since I watched the series. Other than that I don't think theres anything else out there.
All men wear masks - whether it be over their faces, or over their hearts..
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Re: Anyone feel the show could have gone on longer with an OVA?

Post by Jim Ballard »

DarkRobin wrote:I once found a DVD on ebay auction and missed it. It had picture of Ultraman Noa and Dark Zagi on it. And the title of the auction was movie for Ultraman Noa, so I'm just wondering if they made anything to extend the series for a bit.
That disc is total bullshit. It's actually a copy of Episode EX that I uploaded to the internet (I know this because I messed up the encode and it had a horrible screech right at the start, which is present on this DVD). The subtitles are also god awful. Download the much better TV-Nihon version.

The ordering on the DVDs places Episode EX between Episodes 31 and 32. The episode list published in one of the books shows the same. So, I would consider this the "official" position. But, since it deviates heavily from the main storyarc, it could probably fit anywhere in the latter half of the show quite easily. The star of the show was Night Raider Shiori Hiraki.

Aside from Episode 29 Directors Cut and Episode EX, there are really no original video episodes, nor are there planned to be at this point in time. NEXUS was supposed to run for around 50 episodes, give or take. The timeslot was not the fault of Tsuburaya Productions. They had originally agreed to produce a primetime series, but it was the CBC network who ultimately decided to run the show at 7.30am. Tsuburaya strongly disagreed with this decision.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

Jim Ballard wrote:
DarkRobin wrote:I once found a DVD on ebay auction and missed it. It had picture of Ultraman Noa and Dark Zagi on it. And the title of the auction was movie for Ultraman Noa, so I'm just wondering if they made anything to extend the series for a bit.
That disc is total bullshit. It's actually a copy of Episode EX that I uploaded to the internet (I know this because I messed up the encode and it had a horrible screech right at the start, which is present on this DVD). The subtitles are also god awful. Download the much better TV-Nihon version.

The ordering on the DVDs places Episode EX between Episodes 31 and 32. The episode list published in one of the books shows the same. So, I would consider this the "official" position. But, since it deviates heavily from the main storyarc, it could probably fit anywhere in the latter half of the show quite easily. The star of the show was Night Raider Shiori Hiraki.

Aside from Episode 29 Directors Cut and Episode EX, there are really no original video episodes, nor are there planned to be at this point in time. NEXUS was supposed to run for around 50 episodes, give or take. The timeslot was not the fault of Tsuburaya Productions. They had originally agreed to produce a primetime series, but it was the CBC network who ultimately decided to run the show at 7.30am. Tsuburaya strongly disagreed with this decision.
So did you buy or run the auction of the DVD I mentioned?

Also, thanks telling me about the details about the episodes, and the situation the ended the series.
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Post by Jim Ballard »

DarkRobin wrote:So did you buy or run the auction of the DVD I mentioned?
I bought it. Whoever produced the disc used the DivX I uploaded.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL. Small world
Kurenai Wataru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Mio Suzuki
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang

Re: Is there an Movie or OVA episodes made after the series?

Post by Kurenai Wataru »

DarkRobin wrote:Does anyone know is they made a movie from the series, or an ova episode after the end of the series?

And I don't mean the Ultraman Next movie that showed prior to the series; the very movie the series' based on.

I once found a DVD on ebay auction and missed it. It had picture of Ultraman Noa and Dark Zagi on it. And the title of the auction was movie for Ultraman Noa, so I'm just wondering if they made anything to extend the series for a bit.
Not sure about this but there's a movie call Ultraman 2 Requiem but then due to performances of Ultraman Nexus ... Ultraman 2 Requiem was cancelled

Spoiler
ULTRAMAN > Ultraman Nexus > Ultraman 2 Requiem
Kamen Ride : Decade
Climax Form Completed
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Okay, your evidence for this?
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Post by Jim Ballard »

During the theatrical run of ULTRAMAN: THE NEXT they ran a short teaser after the end credits which stated a 2005 roadshow for "ULTRAMAN 2 REQUIEM", but this was removed from the DVD/Video release.

Thought I had something about it in print somewhere, but can't seem to find it :? If I find it I'll scan it.

Return to “Ultraman Nexus”