Ant Crown
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: KR: 555
2nd Favorite Series: KR: Den-O
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: Toku Beginnings and Finding TVN

Post by Ant Crown »

Saejima Kouga wrote:
Ant Crown wrote:YEARS later...I started reading a Kim Possible Fan fic in 2005 and in my bored stuppor I was confused....What was Kamen Rider?
A Kamen Rider Gumo fanfic I'll bet!
Actually it was Zodiac Knights: Animorph (The author changed it to : ZKD: Heavenly Trio)
Super Nassau!
Gao
Favorite series: GekiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ore, Sanjou!
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: HTC Touch Pro

Post by Super Nassau! »

This is my first post, so I felt what an appropriate place to start. I was a semi fan of Power Rangers, until a friend put me on to GekiRangers (the best damn sentai I have ever seen in my life). I always knew of sentai but I had no way of accessing it. Then I found this wonderful site. I then caught up on Boukenger (one of the best in my opinion) while watching Overdrive and realized how shitty the american version was. I've been trolling these boards for about a year now, and while taking advantage and watching Boukenger, Hurricanger, Dekaranger, Kabuto, Goonger, Rescue Force, and Downloading Geki and Den-O I felt it was time to register and show my appreciation for the wonderful job you people do here.
Ore, Sanjou!

AFL
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Neat. Welcome~
DaikaijuSokogeki!
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Favorite Actor?: Ken'ichi Matsuyama
Favorite Band: Orange Range

Post by DaikaijuSokogeki! »

I was looking around on Tokyo Monsters when I came across a direct download link for TV-Nihon's sub of Kamen Rider Kabuto episode 1. I've been a fan of Ultraman and Godzilla for over 10 years, so I thought I'd try another genre. I liked the episode but never found episode 2 (this is before I knew of torrents). Flash forward to about 5 months later and I looked up "Japanese Power Rangers" on YouTube (I was going across a phase of wanting to see PR again). I came across Super Sentai and watched a bunch of the openings. Then, I looked up "Japanese Masked Rider" and found Century Kings' Kamen Rider Black episode 1. I enjoyed it a lot and did some more searching for "Kamen Rider episode 1". I came across Kamen Rider 555 and Kamen Rider Kabuto and devotedly watched all three shows. Plus I found Kamen Rider ZO and watched it three times....RAW. Then, I found Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger and Mahou Sentai Magiranger.

Now, I was watching all of these shows (although I stopped watching Magiranger for a while) and then I came across something terrible. There were no more episodes of Kamen Rider 555 on YouTube past episode 12. So, I looked up this group that did the show called TV-Nihon and found torrents for it. I downloaded BitTorrent and became an avid follower. Now here I am, two years later. I'm still into TV-Nihon. Despite my occasional angry rant. :mrgreen:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Re:

Post by takenoko »

DaikaijuSokogeki! wrote:Despite my occasional angry rant. :mrgreen:
Well I'm glad you stuck around, it's boring to not have anyone to argue with. lol

Maybe I should make a banner to thank youtube and wiki while I'm at it
Ryuta
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ryuta »

Been Lurking here since Magiranger. I found TVN when I was looking around for SPD episodes, and found something called Dekaranger, a huge improvement on Power Rangers. I fell in love and have been lurking ever since.

Why did I only join today? Simply because of the GTO Picture. Pure Win.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's alright, lurkers are people too.

Raise your hand if you're not here!

See? They're all there
rennkousaka
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: sentai!
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider series
Dreamy: rina aizawa
Favorite Actor?: shinwa kataoka
Favorite Band: project.r
Alignment: Neutral Good
Location: japan... roaming around with our trailer... ginjiro #1!

Post by rennkousaka »

hmm... toku beginnings...

the first toku i watched was Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman... when I was just 6 years old back then...

it was aired in the philippines... (i'm a filipino by the way)

and too bad it was cancelled after the episode when the five got the five tectors...

and then Choujin Sentai Jetman was next and it ran till the end...

then Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was aired but on another channel... i had fun watching that show... until in 2004... i discovered Super Sentai... and 2 years had passed, i watched my third sentai on youtube called Tokusou Sentai Dekaranger that was subbed by TVN... then came Magi, Bouken, Geki and Go-on...

I never thought that these kind of shows are also subbed... I only thought animes were the only ones that are subbed... hehehe...

after that I became addicted to sentai and toku shows... and stopped watching Power Rangers...

Thanks TV-Nihon for subbing those great shows and make Geki vs Bouken subbed since i'm waiting for it like forever... onegai!! =)

Go-on!!
cheers to my successor... Ryuunosuke Ikenami. Good Luck Shinken Blue!!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Wow, where'd you get those pictures of Sousuke, Saki, and Gunpei
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

rennkousaka wrote:Make Geki vs Bouken subbed since i'm waiting for it like forever... onegai!! =)

Go-on!!
NeVaR!

o_o; Gunpei looks young! XD
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

garfield15
Save the life
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Saki-chan
Favorite Band: FLOW
My boom: Nintendo Wii

Post by garfield15 »

Since this is my first post (I've actually been around the forums for a while but for some reason never joined up) I figured this would be a good way to start as this site not only let me see the real show but I had some different views on the many anime series as well.

I'd say it was around two or three years ago. I was just a young boy who, coincidentally became hooked on the whirlwind anime sensation known as Naruto. i watched it all the episodes on youtube (this was back when youtube didn't delete everything that had the word "english sub" in the video title). Anyway, Naruto was my addiction back then so of course you could imagine how I found out about Bleach...and then One Piece (which is better than both of them in my opinion)

"But garfield15, what does this have to do with tvnihon" you might ask. Well if you keep reading you'll find out.

Through me finding and watching nearly every episode of these three great series, I began to crave more and more anime. (Previous to this, I only watched dubs of everything on TV...did I mention this was two or three years ago?) I started watching all kinds of shows on other sites. Imagine my surprise when I saw the complete 4th season of Digimon subtitled. "Wait, what the heck?" I thought "this is much better than the stuff i used to watch. (later I watched most of the other series in subtitled). With this, I began to notice the various edits in anime I used to love (RIGHT YU-GI-OH?) i also found other stuff like Beyblade, Beet the Vandel Buster, Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana...

And a certain anime that I was watching at the same time I was watching this anime called KIBA

An anime entiltled "Onmyo Taisenki"

"But garfield15, that's still anime. That has nothing to do with toku and tv-nihon" Hey, i said keep reading okay?

Possibly the greatest creature-controller anime I've ever seen, i loved watching it and I loved every minute of it. So much so that I wanted to know the site who subtitled it (I was very bad at using the net back then. i could have just looked at the title.) At the same time i was watching this, I saw a rerun of that episode of Dino Thunder when they watch the...ahem...japanese version of their show. At that episode I remembered something my dad told me when I was a child watching Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (damn that addicting theme song)

"Dad wasn't today's episode cool?"
"Son, don't you know that this isn't really an American show?"

It didn't take too long for me to put two and two together. Upon going on wikipedia, I learned of a series called Bakuryuu Sentai Abaranger. "Hey, is this Dino Thunder?" I thought. Upon more research, I learned that these "Sentai's" were only available in Japan. So I'd never be able to actually see it. Then upon watching Onmyo taisenki, I saw a link to a site called tv-nihon at the side. Once again, putting two and two together. I figured out who did this awesome show.

And then i found it. "GoGo Sentai Boukenger." Blowing me away with its storyline, I found myself wanting see more. So it went like this. (boukenger-dekaranger-abaranger-gekiranger-magiranger-go-onger). And here we are now. Coincidentally, thanks to youtube, I have memorized the openings from Zyuranger to Go-Onger which are fun to sing when I'm bored. I was also pretty pissed when I found out Japan gets a new movie every year and America only has two. And I saw the real Forever Red. You know the one.

Oh yeah, and after lurking in other sites, I noticed that quite a few Sentai fans were into this show Kamen RIder...
------------------
Thank you TV-Nihon for the release

(This way I don't have to write it every time and I'm still showing appreciation!")
bondanrastika
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo

Post by bondanrastika »

the first toku show that i watched would be dai sentai goggle v. (i didn't remember what i was thinking, but back then goggle v was so damn cool.) it was still in beta format, (that's right, betamax, not VHS. and not even close to DVD.) it was japanese language, indonesian subs. (the subs were fckn' crappy.) back then i was an elementary school student (1984). then, i also remembered watching kamen rider super-1, denjin zabogar, space sheriff sharivan, and gavan. (gee.. what a flashback..) years later, the local tv station here (in indonesia) aired kamen rider black and followed by rx. but the worse part is, it wasn't Subbed. instead, it was Dubbed. and it sucked. then, i thought kamen rider and super sentai shows were "dead".

but not so far from the timeline, the local tv aired mighty morphin power rangers. at first i was "WTF? american sentai??" cos i know i was a japan freak since i was 4 years old. i can already tell that power rangers must have copied japanese sentai in some ways. however, i can't get enough information source, cos at the time, the internet was still an expensive thing to have here. and so i watched mmpr, without knowing that zyuranger existed. and there were also american kamen rider show, titled masked rider. and i know this one is a copy of kamen rider black rx, cos i watched rx first. however, after some years, i grew older and starting to forget about those toku shows. i only remembered the last kamen rider that aired on local tv here was kuuga. but mmpr still continues airing on local tv until jungle fury. (and later found out that it was actually jyuken sentai gekiranger.)

so then, it was late 2007. nowadays the internet is pretty much more affordable. i was at my friends' place, when i suddenly saw he was watching kamen rider kabuto. and i was like : "holy SH*T!!! i thought kamen riders were "dead"!!! can i borrow this??". then i borrowed his dvds, and watched kabuto from eps 1 to final. i asked my friend "where did you get these stuffs??" he said "of course, tv nihon!" at that time i wasn't paying that much of attention. i was just so excited that i can watch these shows again. and all i thought about was "oh hell yeah, it's japanese language, english subs. and the subs just rocks!" after finished watching kabuto, i asked my friend again "do you have anything else? another kamen rider maybe?" and then, like a miracle, he showed me his collection. he said "here's faiz, blade, hibiki, ok you've watched kabuto.. and the current kamen rider is den-o, btw, do you like sentai also?" omigod. did he just said those 6 letters? s-e-n-t-a-i. i was like.. "YOU HAVE SENTAI??? damn! i missed to many good things in this world!" i was like.. "gotta watch 'em all".

and now, 2008. i finally got my own broadband internet connection at home. i remember asking my friend, "hey, what was the name of the site that you got those toku shows from?" he said "tv nihon, http://www.tvnihon.com" and then i opened it. now i can watch kamen rider kiva, engine sentai go onger, and keitai sousakan 7, and other shows, without any trouble understanding the story, thanks to tv nihon subs, and my friend who told me about tv nihon. later on, i found out that you guys have a discussion forum. so i signed up for it as well. although there are other fansub groups that also doing subs for kiva and go onger and keitai, i find it that tv nihon does the best subs. let's say.. "the next best thing after sliced bread" :D
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's neat. It's kind of amazing to think of what a difference the Internet makes, especially when applied on a global scale.
bondanrastika
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo

Post by bondanrastika »

^ yea, i think technology advances faster than kabuto's clock up. i still remembered how i used to spend hours looking for japanese toku shows in a public computer internet rental.. and found nothing :|

y'know.. i was imagining like.. 10 years from now..
my son : "dad, what kind of tv shows do you watch?"
me : "here you go, son.." *points his internet browser to http://www.tvnihon.com :lol:

Return to “Off Topic”