Toku Beginnings and Finding TVN

takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Toku Beginnings and Finding TVN

Post by takenoko » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:19 am

That's a pretty intense sig.

PowerFeud
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Favorite Band: the GazettE
Alignment: Neutral
Quote: Don't hate, appreciate.

Post by PowerFeud » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:30 pm

takenoko wrote:That's a pretty intense sig.
Mine? Yeah, I've been into graphic design for quite a while now (since early February). I make tokusatsu related signatures from time to time. I've done some for Meteor, Fourze, Kiva, Dragon Ranger, etc.

Lunchboxx
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: All Sentai
Dreamy: To many to list!
Favorite Actor?: To many to list
Favorite Band: Van Canto
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: ASIAN GIRLS!
Quote: Elwood: "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."

Jake: "Hit it."

Post by Lunchboxx » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:18 pm

ReversedSentai wrote:Even so, the amount of seeders for Shinkenger SD should still be enough for you to download the batch without problems. It might take a few hours, but it shouldn't be to the point where there's not enough for the file to even download completely.

Shinkenger wont be a problem because it will take a couple of hours like you said. W however, everytime I download the torrent batch, I download 5 or less episode at a time. and even when I do THAT, the download speed only comes up to about 35 kb/s, which is VERY low for my usual average speed of about 700mb/s. Strangely, this is the only torrent file that does this.

If you wanna pm me to continue this discussion you can, but I don't wanna continue it here because this is not the thread to discuss it out of respect for the mods. :wink:

Image Image

Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:46 am

I grew up watching Power Rangers and then in 2003 I found out that it was derived from Sentai,but I wasn't interested in Sentai for long because then I got into old ITV regions and opening titles and Saturday morning shows and stuff[So quite a British interest]. But I still got Jetix Magazine,and the November 2005 issue had a Power Rangers SPD DVD with episode 1 on it. I watched it and was instantly hooked. So then I started to seek out Sentai. And occasionally I would read or see things about Kamen Rider and thought ''I must watch that one day''. So one day I watched episode 1 of Den-O,and about a month or so later I watched episode 2. But then in November/December 2007 I saw episode 1 of Kabuto and I thought ''Wow,this is amazing'' and then I was hooked on Kamen Rider. I'm generally not that interested in Ultraman,I watched episode 1 of Nexus because I heard it was supposed to be good but I didn't think much of it. BUT I did watch episode 1 of Cosmos about a year ago and that I did genuinely enjoy[especially the OP] so maybe one day I'll get round to watching Ultraman. I've also watched about 40ish episodes of PGSM and I haven't got round to finishing it,I've seen about 4 or 5 of Sazer-X,episode 1 of Sh15uya,bit behind on Garo and I've seen all of Ryukendo. I didn't really like the Tomica Hero series.

Joosche
Go Go!
My boom: High Fantasy

First contact with tokusatsu

Post by Joosche » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 pm

Kamen Rider Black was the first tokusatsu show that I remember seeing on television, back in 1991. Of course at that time I wasn't able to understand what heck was going on in the show, but it was so cool for a 6 year old boy. Only years later I was able to rewatch and understand the plot (amazing by the way).

At that time I didn't see the end of the series because my older sister took me to spend a few days at the beach in a diferent city and the house where we spend those days the channel where this show was broadcasted was not available. I can still remember how much I cried on that beach.

The strongest memory about the show was the random encounters between the protagonist and antagonist. When the good guy (Kamen Rider) and the bad guy (Shadow Moon) shared the scene was just mind blowing.

*recalling*

Joosche
Go Go!
My boom: High Fantasy

Post by Joosche » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:40 am

... and can't remember how I found TN. Probably by a torrent site. It was 2004/2005. I read some article about the new tokusatsu made by Toho (Gransazer) and with a few search I found this group.

Return to “Off Topic”