Quote: If it wasn't for disappointment I wouldn't have any appointments
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: School help

Post by Gamera Ramen »

1 Age 15
2 Gender M
3 Nationality America, Italian family on mother's side
4 What country do you currently reside in America
Please circle y for yes and n for no and please feel free to use the additional space to explain you answers.
5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it Y/N?
Y

6 What if that same movie was animated would that change your mind Y/N?
N

7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? Y/N?
N

8 Do you feel that cartoons are just for kids Y/N?
N

9 Did you watch cartoons as a child Y/N?
Y
If so which ones? If yes would you let your children watch those same shows?
Pokemon, TMNT, Fairly Oddparents, Spongebob, Catdog, Ed Edd'n Eddy, many others I can't remember and yes

10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently Y/N?
Y
If so which ones? Would you let kids watch these shows?
Sailor Moon, Puella Magi Madoka Magica yes for SM, no for PMMM

11 Do you feel that comics (books, strips, etc.) are for kids Y/N?
Y (some of them)

12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child Y/N?
N

13 Do you read comics presently Y/N?
Y (occasionally)
if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics?
Sailor Moon, Godzilla maybe for SM, yes for Godzilla
dancercotillion wrote:I'm astounded how Kamen Rider manages to be a phenomenally great show every few years, considering it's a toy commercial for electronic pants-holders and plastic knives.
dancercotillion wrote: My OTP is Ryouma/his own reflection
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

1 Age 23
2 Gender M
3 Nationality: American
4 What country do you currently reside in: America

5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it Y/N?
> Y

> It depends.
If it was a toku movie then I might not wanna check it out, but a general film? I might still like it.

7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? Y/N?
> Maybe

> Just for kids? Nah.

9 Did you watch cartoons as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children watch those same shows?
> Y
Rugrats, Hey Arnold!, various Nick or CN cartoons, Yugioh, Pokemon, Digimon, etc.
Yes, I would.

10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently Y/N? If so which ones? Would you let kids watch these shows?
> Y
{Same as above}, various anime titles, Adventure Time, Regular Show, Spongebob, etc.
Yes, I would.

> It depends on the age-rating of the magazine.

12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children read those comics?
> Y, mostly stuff like One Piece.
And yes, I would.

13 Do you read comics presently Y/N? if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics?
> Y, though more manga more than US comics
Narutaru, Gunslinger girl, D.Gray-man, NANA, etc.
> I would and if the kid has some questions he/she would like to ask me, I'd be more than happy to answer them.
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

1 Age: 22
2 Gender: M
3 Nationality: Singaporean
4 What country do you currently reside in: Singapore

Y

N

N

N

9 Did you watch cartoons as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children watch those same shows?
Y. Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are some of the more memorable ones. And yes, I'd definitely let my children watch these if I have kids in the future.

10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently Y/N? If so which ones? Would you let kids watch these shows?
Y. Ben 10 Omniverse, Ultimate Spider-Man, Avengers Assemble, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H., Beware the Batman, Legend of Korra. Oh yeah, the DC animated movies as well. And yeah, I'd let the kids watch the shows too.

N.

12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children read those comics?
Y. The Yu-Gi-Oh! mangas. That's about it when I was a kid. Mmm, as to whether I'll let my kids read YGO, I dunno, probably not?

13 Do you read comics presently Y/N? if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics?
Y. A whole bunch, mainly the superhero genre. Yeah, I would definitely let them read the mainstream comics, but probably not the bloody ones like Red Lanterns.
- DC's New 52: Aquaman, Batman-Super, Constantine, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Green Lantern - New Guardians, Red Lanterns, Justice League, Justice League Dark, Justice League of America, Katana, Suicide Squad, The Flash. I also read one-off story lines such as crossover stories etc.
- DC's Digital comics: Injustice: Gods Among Us, Legends of the Dark Knight, Justice League Beyond 2.0 and Batman Beyond 2.0.
- Marvel: Avengers, Avengers A.I., New Avengers, Daredevil, Deadpool, Hawkeye, Superior Spider-Man, Scarlet Spider, Venom, Superior Spider-Man Team Up, Ultimate Spider-Man, All New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, X-Men. And like DC, I read a whole bunch of one-off story lines.
D_B
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Please delete this account.
2nd Favorite Series: Please delete this account.
Dreamy: Please delete this account.
Favorite Actor?: Please delete this account.
Favorite Band: Please delete this account.
My boom: Please delete this account.
Quote: Please delete this account.

Post by D_B »

1 Age: 38
2 Gender: M
3 Nationality: Asian American
4 What country do you currently reside in: USA

Yes

No

No

No

Yes
Gigantor, Spiderman (even the absurd "and His Amaxing Friends"), Go-Lion, Transformers, GI Joe, Inhumanoids, Visionaries, Gatchaman... there were SO many.
Yes

Yes
I have full collections of all my favorites (60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, etc). I also keep up with the DCAU series/films (they are typically excellent, aside from the current Teen Titans nonsense) and try to tolerate the Marvel animated crap they are currently serving. Also, Transformers: Prime was fantastic, and I hate that it recently ended.
I think most of these are okay for kids, yes.

No.

Yes.
Almost every Marvel title (until Spiderman was said to be a clone and Wolverine lost his adamanitum... I gave up after that) and most of the Justice League related DC titles.
I could list a novella worth of Manga titles, but I don't think that is relevant to this project?
Yes, I think most of those would be great for kids today, too.

No.
Not all that long ago I tried to get back into them with the DC "New 52"... and did not enjoy it. Then I tried Dan Slot's "Spockto-Man" (Dr Octopus in Spider-man's body) and wanted to kill someone... so no more comic books for me, no.
I would discourage kids from reading most of the wretched crap being printed today...
KamenWriter
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Magirangers
Dreamy: Ankh
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: Emilie Autumn
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: yaoi
Quote: Coexist - we are all heroes.

Post by KamenWriter »

1 Age - 26
2 Gender - F
3 Nationality - American
4 What country do you currently reside in - America
Please circle y for yes and n for no and please feel free to use the additional space to explain you answers.
5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it Y/N? Yes

6 What if that same movie was animated would that change your mind Y/N? No

7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? Y/N? No

8 Do you feel that cartoons are just for kids Y/N? No

9 Did you watch cartoons as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children watch those same shows? Yes to both

10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently Y/N? If so which ones? Would you let kids watch these shows? Yes - sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Tokyo Mew Mew.

11 Do you feel that comics (books, strips, etc.) are for kids Y/N? Yes and no - some are for kids, some are geared more towards adults.

12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children read those comics? Yes - Catwoman, batman, and a few others. Yes I would let my children read them

13 Do you read comics presently Y/N? if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics? Yes - Sonic, Megaman, Steed and Mrs. Peel - Yes I would let children read them.

To anyone that reads this or takes this survey thank you - You're welcome!
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

1 Age 23
2 Gender M
3 Nationality African American
4 What country do you currently reside in? America
5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it? Y. Depending on the actor I'd watch it, because I know that he or she will be able to fit the roll fine.

6 What if that same movie was animated would that change your mind? Y.

7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? N. Some animated problems aren't for kids, but sometimes kids need to see adult things.

8 Do you feel that cartoons are just for kids? N. Cartoons are forms of entertainment the same as movies and live action shows; they give awards for them afterall.

9 Did you watch cartoons as a child? Y. If so which ones? If yes would you let your children watch those same shows? Batman the Animated Series, Transformers Beast Wars, DBZ, Tenchi, Fighting Foodons, etc... Y.

10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently? Y. If so which ones? Would you let kids watch these shows? Anime. Y.

11 Do you feel that comics (books, strips, etc.) are for kids? N. Actually, with some of the storylines and dark and edgy stuff coming out they might not be suitable for kids.

12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child? Y. If so which ones? If yes would you let your children read those comics? Manga, not really American comics. Definitely.

13 Do you read comics presently? Y. if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics?
One Piece, Sonic The Hedgehog, D. Gray-Man, Bleach, Beelzebub, Kenichi and Fairy Tail. Maybe not D. Gray-man. That's a bit too dark.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
StereotypeAsian
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Ultraman Leo
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Favorite Actor?: Takano Hassei
Favorite Band: Bon Jovi
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Toku in general
Quote: 热忱之心不可磨灭,体恤弱者,互相帮助,无论与哪国的人们都能成为朋友。不要丢掉那份感情,纵然这感情被背叛过几百回,这是我不变的愿望

Post by StereotypeAsian »

1 Age 20
2 Gender Male
3 Nationality Chinese
4 What country do you currently reside in US
5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it (Y)/N?
6 What if that same movie was animated would that change your mind Y/(N)?
7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? Y/(N)?
8 Do you feel that cartoons are just for kids Y/(N)?
9 Did you watch cartoons as a child (Y)/N?
If so which ones? If yes would you let your children watch those same shows?
Bunch of Chinese cartoons and whatever was imported. Yeah, the were fun and some educational, so yes.
10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently (Y)/N?
If so which ones? Would you let kids watch these shows?
Some like Pokemon and whatnot, I'd like my kid watch.
Others like Attack on Titan or Hell Girl, no way in hell.
It's more on what the show is about.
11 Do you feel that comics (books, strips, etc.) are for kids Y/(N)?
12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child Y/(N)? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children read those comics?
Didn't have any back then.
13 Do you read comics presently (Y)/N? if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics?
All of the Superman titles, Superior Spider-Man, Hulk, Nightwing, Justice League. Those I'd see if they're appropriate.
Dilbert I also read. I'd like my kid watch it, but I doubt if he/she will get it.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Kamen_Rider_Shiki wrote:Maybe not D. Gray-man. That's a bit too dark.
While it does get plenty serious...

At the same time: Image
Biogirl
Go Go!
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider...Kabuto
Favorite Actor?: Yamamoto Yusuke
Favorite Band: Funky Monkey Babys
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Otoko nara darekano tameni tsuyoku nare. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h5OlXS8IzI

Post by Biogirl »

1 Age _27_
2 Gender M/F
3 Nationality__American____
4 What country do you currently reside in______America________

Among many others, I watched: Darkwing Duck, Gummi Bears, Talespin, Duck Tales, Arthur, Samurai Pizza Cats, Cardcaptor Sakura, Gargoyles, The New Adventures of Batman and Superman, Static Shock. Yes, I would let my children watch these shows.

Attack on Titan, Bleach. Not until they were older.

Some of them are and some of them aren't. It's just like normal books.

I don't remember all of them but I know I read Bone and Garfield. Yes.

Mostly shonen manga: Bleach, Attack on Titan, Kamen Tantei. Not until they were older.

To anyone that reads this or takes this survey thank you
Tokusatsu kotatsu party!
BuraddoRun
7X
Favorite series: Go-Onger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Takeshi Kitano
Favorite Band: Momoiro Clover Z
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MLB
Quote: "Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool." -Isaiah 1:18

Post by BuraddoRun »

1 Age 33____
2 Gender M
3 Nationality American_____
4 What country do you currently reside in USA______________
5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it Y/N? Yes

6 What if that same movie was animated would that change your mind Y/N? No

7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? Y/N? No. I dpn't have children, but I have a nephew and hope to have children one day, and I would definitely get informed about the content of any movie I would take them to or allow them to see (up to a certain age of course). As a teenager, I would give them more freedom to decide on their own, but I would still discuss things with them if I felt it necessary and deny the ones that are explicitly adult

8 Do you feel that cartoons are just for kids Y/N? No

9 Did you watch cartoons as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children watch those same shows? Yes: He-Man, G I Joe, Transformers, Thundercats, Voltron, Scooby Doo, Pound Puppies, The Mysterious Cities of Gold, etc. Yes, i would allow my children to watch them.

10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently Y/N? If so which ones? Would you let kids watch these shows? Yes. Hard to specify as I don't watch any regularly. I do watch anime here and there. I would allow kids to watch some of them, while others I feel are not suitable for children.

11 Do you feel that comics (books, strips, etc.) are for kids Y/N? Yes and No.

12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children read those comics? Yes. I read Garfield & The Far Side (strips) and lots of Marvel Superhero comics as well as random non-superhero comics from dark Horse and other companies. Just as with animated shows, I would evaluate which I let my children read. Certain comic strips are kid-friendly (Garfield) while maybe some others are not, but I think the strips aimed at adults won't appeal much to kids anyway humor-wise. Mainstream comic books nowadays however, are mostly all aimed at adults. There are smaller special sections for the kid-friendly comics in stores now. I may let them read some of the mainstream comics at some point, but I definitely wouldn't allow young children to read most of them. The ones I read as a kid were mixed. I had "bad ones" my mom didn't know about, but mostly I liked the superhero ones, which are much darker today than they were when I was a kid.

13 Do you read comics presently Y/N? if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics? I don't really read them much anymore. Up to a year or so ago I was reading a lot of DC Comics' mainstream titles like Green Lantern and Batman, and I would not let young children read those. they could read the DC Kids comics though. Honestly, i think the main key in all of this is that parents need to be aware of what their children are exposed to. Being a good parent means being engaged and setting the right limits. When I was a kid, my mom always said "when you get older" regarding me watching or reading certain things, while she allowed me to watch and read certain other things. I don't believe that sheltering kids is the way to go, but letting them run free is not good either. You have to find a balance based on your child's maturity, struggles (if you have a child prone to violent behavior, maybe cut down on the violent shows you allow him to watch), and your family's beliefs (religion, etc.). And always be willing to communicate your feelings and thoughts on subjects brought up in entertainment. Again, be engaged. Children are their own person, but they are also a part of YOU, the parent. So teach, raise, love, and be a part of their growth.
Ambadi
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Hade ni... KITAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Post by Ambadi »

1 Age ____25

2 Gender M/F M

3 Nationality______Malaysian

4 What country do you currently reside in______________Malaysia

Y but I also take into account its plot, direction & critical reception

N

N

N but some cartoons aren't suited for children

Y. Batman the animated series, Superman tas, Digimon, Tom & Jerry, Pokemon, X-Men, Dragon Ball and many more... Y for some of them

Y. MLP Friendship is Magic, One Piece, Avengers Assemble, Total Drama All-Stars, Family Guy, Beware the Batman and many more... Y for those appropriate

Do you mean JUST for kids, N. Some are for kids, some for adults & some for all ages.

Y. Doraemon, Dragon Ball, Slam Dunk, Crayon Shin-Chan & many more... Y for some of them

Y MLP FiM, Naruto, One Piece, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, W.I.T.C.H., some webcomics & many more... Y for those appropriate

To anyone that reads this or takes this survey thank you[/quote]
NasRULE
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Ahim de Famille
Favorite Actor?: Tetsuo Kurata
Favorite Band: HnMC
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Megane no Onna
Quote: Shibiruwaaaa~~
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by NasRULE »

1 Age 26
2 Gender M/F M
3 Nationality Malaysia
4 What country do you currently reside in Malaysia
Y
N
N
N
Y - depends on the show
Y - depends on the show
N
Y
N
cquizzle
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Quote: the king stay the king

Post by cquizzle »

1 Age-27
2 Gender-M
3 Nationality-Filipino
4 What country do you currently reside in-USA
Y

N

N

N

N

Y; Fairy Tail, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Ultimate Spider-Man, Jackie Chan Adventures, Batman Beyond, Digimon, Transformers Prime, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gundam, Full Metal Panic, Justice League, Simpsons, Family Guy, South Park, and many more, I know some of these are probably not on TV right now, but I rarely watch TV to begin with and only watch these on Netflix or Hulu or online if I can find them; It really depends on the show, I wouldn't let them watch all of the shows I watch, but most of them, I feel kids can watch.

N

Y; Superman, Batman, Iron Man, Spawn, and Garfield; Definitely Superman and Garfield and maybe Iron Man, Batman and Spawn it'll be hard to say, mainly b/c both of them scared me when I was a kid.

Y; Avengers, Green Lantern, Justice League, Aquaman, Anything by Garth Ennis, Detective Conan, Deadpool, One Piece, Walking Dead, Invincible, Locke & Key, Scarlet Spider, Batman, and Animal Man; It depends on the comic, Definitely nothing by Garth Ennis or Walking Dead or Animal Man or Locke & Key, probably not Detective Conan, Deadpool, Invincible, Aquaman, or Batman, I don't have a big problem with kids reading Avengers, Green Lantern, Justice League, and One Piece.

Arawynn
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Garo, KR Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kouga, Tetsu

Post by Arawynn »

1 Age ____ 29
2 Gender M/F === F
3 Nationality______ Indian
4 What country do you currently reside in______________ India

5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it Y/N? == Yes

6 What if that same movie was animated would that change your mind Y/N? == No

7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? Y/N? == No

8 Do you feel that cartoons are just for kids Y/N? == Heck No!

9 Did you watch cartoons as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children watch those same shows? == Yes . Disney stuff, He-man, Tom and Jerry etc cartoon network programs, Superhero series. There was no anime channel in my country when I was a kid so did not get into it till way later. I would certainly let my children watch the old Disney movies and new ones as well as He-man (both the old and new series). And I would introduce them to a few other animated movies (superhero series) age appropriately.

10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently Y/N? If so which ones? Would you let kids watch these shows? == Yes. I am presently watching Inuyasha which was on my to-watch list for a really long time. As for letting kids watch it I have no problem with that but that depends on their age whether they can appreciate the story of the said anime/cartoon

11 Do you feel that comics (books, strips, etc.) are for kids Y/N? == No

12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children read those comics? == I read very little comic books as a kid. Mainly because there was limited access to such literature where I lived when I was a kid. Ones I read were in my regional Indian languages. I would let my kids read those but I doubt the comics are still published anymore.

13 Do you read comics presently Y/N? if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics? == Yes. Nothing on the reading list at present. But I do like to look for the mangas on which animes I like are based. If I find them translated to english then I read those. (such as Rurouni Kenshin)

I had fun answering the questions. Good luck with your assignment/project. :)
KR - Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-o, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze Sentai - Dai, Time, Gao, Hurrican, Aba, Deka, Magi, Bouken, Geki, Go-on, Shinken, Gosei, Gokai, Gobust Other: Garo, Garo: Makai Senki
death705
Favorite series: gurren laggan
2nd Favorite Series: kamen rider faiz
Alignment: Neutral Evil

Post by death705 »

1 Age: 24
2 Gender M/F: M
3 Nationality: AMERICAN
4 What country do you currently reside in?: AMERICA
Y
N
N I would look up ratings and reviews to see if it's appropriate for their age range

N
Y Stuff like pokemon and tons of 90's stuff. yes for most of the shows i watched, the others would be a case by case thing.

Y Mostly anime(K project, Shingeki no kyoujin ect.). It would depend on the contents of the shpw and the maturity of my fictional children

Y/N There are many comics out there suited for children just like there are for adults so i can only give a flimsy answer

N

N

Return to “Off Topic”