School help

Sakas
Quote: What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself.
Mark Twain

School help

Post by Sakas »

I have a research paper for a college comp class and need some people to fill out a survey about attitudes toward entertainment and was wondering if anyone here would please fill it out.
Sakas
Quote: What a wee little part of a person's life are his acts and his words! His real life is led in his head, and is known to none but himself.
Mark Twain

Re: School help

Post by Sakas »

1 Age ____
2 Gender M/F
3 Nationality______
4 What country do you currently reside in______________
Please circle y for yes and n for no and please feel free to use the additional space to explain you answers.
5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it Y/N?

6 What if that same movie was animated would that change your mind Y/N?

7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? Y/N?

8 Do you feel that cartoons are just for kids Y/N?

9 Did you watch cartoons as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children watch those same shows?

10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently Y/N? If so which ones? Would you let kids watch these shows?

11 Do you feel that comics (books, strips, etc.) are for kids Y/N?

12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children read those comics?

13 Do you read comics presently Y/N? if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics?

To anyone that reads this or takes this survey thank you
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

1 Age ____ 32

2 Gender M/F M

3 Nationality______ American
4 What country do you currently reside in______________ America

Please circle y for yes and n for no and please feel free to use the additional space to explain you answers.
5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it Y/N?
Y

N

7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? Y/N?
N

N

9 Did you watch cartoons as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children watch those same shows?
Y A bunch of 80s ones. Yeah, I'd let kids see them

10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently Y/N? If so which ones? Would you let kids watch these shows?
Y. My Little Pony and South Park. Y

N

12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children read those comics?
Not in particular

13 Do you read comics presently Y/N? if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics?
Very rarely. Just graphic novels. Maybe I'd let kids read them depending on the content
dat20091
Go Go!
Quote: "Where there is light, shadows lurk and fear reigns... yet by the blade of Knights, mankind was given hope..."

Post by dat20091 »

1 Age 17
2 Gender M
3 Nationality Vietnamese/Chinese
4 What country do you currently reside in United States
Y
Y
N
N
Y Too many to list, but like arther, yugioh, x-men, doreamon, scooby doo, pokemon, tom and jerry, etc
I would
Y One piece, hunter x hunter,The avengers cartoon, hulk and agents of smash, ultimate spiderman, kingdom(anime)
Some, but maybe when they're old enough I'll show the ones I wouldn't approve of
Y
N
N
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

1 Age 24
2 Gender M
3 Nationality Spanish
4 What country do you currently reside in Spain
Y
N
N
N
Y. Too many to list, raised by the TV. Yes, I would let my children watch them.
Y. Again, too many to list. I wouldn't let them watch all of them, just some.
N
Y. Spanish comics books (such as Mortadelo y Filemón or Zipi y Zape), Marvel (mostly Spider-man) and a little bit of manga that was published in that time (mostly Dragon Ball). Yes, I would let my children read them.
Y. As much as I can. I wouldn't let them read all of them, just some.
Garushia
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by Garushia »

1 Age 31
2 Gender M
3 Nationality Brazillian
4 What country do you currently reside in Brazil
Y
N
N
N
Y. Thunder Cats, Heman, Smurfs, Silver Hank, Most of Hanna Barbera, Wood Pecker, amoung others. Yes, I would let them watch it.
Y. I still watch some cartoon for children such Bob Sponge and Phineas and Ferb, this ones I would let watch, but regular Show I am not so sure if I would. I watch a lot of animes, and for sure I would not let children to watch.
N
Y. I read a local comic book called "Mônica" , and every brazilian kid grown up reading those stories for the last 50 years. I also read a lot of Diney stuffs. Yes, I would let them read.
Y. I still read "Mônica". I would Let them read.

Sorry for my broken English.
Klanoyt
Mega
Favorite series: Wizard
2nd Favorite Series: All Kamen Riders
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Klanoyt »

1 Age 29
2 Gender M
3 Nationality Filipino
4 What country do you currently reside in Republic of the Philippines
Y
N
N
N
Y. It's a long list mostly composed by American and Japanese cartoons. Yes, I'm already introducing a couple to my son.
Y. It's a long list but I always have my son to sit beside me when watching cartoons unless he finds it boring.
N.
Y. Marvel, DC and Image comics. Also a local comic book named "Funny Comics" that was published way back 20 years ago. If they're still being sold today, I'd buy them for my son.
Y. Mostly mangas at the moment since they're readily accessible online. I'd let my son read some of them.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

1 Age 25
2 Gender M
3 Nationality American
4 What country do you currently reside in America
Y

Y

N

N

Y, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, Tailspin, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, Muppet Babies, Angry Beavers, and Loony Toons to name a few. And aside from Ren & Stimpy, yes generally I would let my child watch the same cartoons.

Y, far more animes than I can consider listing, and only if I feel they are of proper age or maturity to watch them.

N

N

Y, mangas, not at all since a lot of them are 'mature' in one way or another.
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
durarara
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: Meat is justice

Post by durarara »

1 Age 18
2 Gender M
3 Nationality Indonesian
4 What country do you currently reside in United Kingdom
yes, why not?
no,
nope, if it is innapropriate like gore no
no,
yes, too many to list, yes they are what made me into the now me
yes, same as above
no, for everyone
yes, see answer 9
yes, too many to list, some probably not, like doujin XD
Aldaris
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: Decade/Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Favorite Band: JAM Project~
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Quote: "Per aspera ad astra"

Post by Aldaris »

1 Age: 23
2 Gender: M
3 Nationality: Brazilian
4 What country do you currently reside in: Brazil

5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it? Y

6 What if that same movie was animated would that change your mind? N

7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? N

8 Do you feel that cartoons are just for kids? N

9 Did you watch cartoons as a child? Y
Some from the 80s, early 90s~. Yes, I'd let kids watch them.

10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently? Y
Family Guy, To aru~ series and Another. Yeah, I'd~

11 Do you feel that comics (books, strips, etc.) are for kids? N
Some like Ikkitousen~, aren't made for children (just a random example, I've founded one chapter of Ikkitousen in the middle of the general mangas, some days ago... Even if here is 18+ rated )

12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child? Y
Tex, mostly~ Yes, I'd~

13 Do you read comics presently? Y
Tex, still. Would you let kids read these comics? Yep~
Last edited by Aldaris on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

1 Age ____32
2 Gender M/F M
3 Nationality______Canadian
4 What country do you currently reside in______________Canada
5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it Y/N? Y

6 What if that same movie was animated would that change your mind Y/N? N

7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? Y/N? N

8 Do you feel that cartoons are just for kids Y/N? N

9 Did you watch cartoons as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children watch those same shows? Y, Disney stuff, Batman, Y if appropriate age

10 Do you watch cartoons or animated shows presently Y/N? If so which ones? Would you let kids watch these shows? Y, mostly superhero stuff, again Y if appropriate age

11 Do you feel that comics (books, strips, etc.) are for kids Y/N? often, but it depends: there are ones for adults and ones for kids

12 Did you read comics (books, strips etc.) as a child Y/N? If so which ones? If yes would you let your children read those comics? N

13 Do you read comics presently Y/N? if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics? Y, superhero stuff & adult comics, it depends on the kid and the age appropriateness of the comics
DevGryphon
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: SKYRIM!!
Quote: Define normal...
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by DevGryphon »

1 Age 21
2 Gender M/F M
3 Nationality American
4 What country do you currently reside in America
Y
N
N
N
Y Pokemon, Digimon Yes I would let my children watch.
Y Family Guy, American Dad, King of the Hill Yeah, I would let my kids watch them but I would stress that some aspects of those shows are intended for adults.
N
N
N
Here's to cheating, stealing, fighting, and drinking. If you cheat, may you cheat death; if you steal, may you steal a woman's heart; if you fight, may you fight for a brother; if you drink, may you drink with me.
EddGee
There are four lights!
There are four lights!
Quote: 'There is nothing more provocative than minding your own business.' - William S. Burroughs

Post by EddGee »

1 Age ____49
2 Gender M/F ___M
3 Nationality____AMERICAN
4 What country do you currently reside in____AMERICA
5 If your favorite actor was in a movie of your favorite genre would you watch it Y/N?___Y

6 What if that same movie was animated would that change your mind Y/N?___N

7 Would you let a child see a movie just because it’s animated without looking into what it’s about and its rating? Y/N?___N

8 Do you feel that cartoons are just for kids Y/N?___N

Y ___Speed Racer, Herculoids, Space Ghost (original), Wacky Races, Scooby Doo, Super Friends___Y

Y___Adventure Time, Regular Show, Fairly Odd Parents, Wander Over Yonder, Gravity Falls, SpongeBob, ___Y

11 Do you feel that comics (books, strips, etc.) are for kids Y/N?___Y Though the choices have to be age appropriate for the child and should be subject to parental approval

Y___X-Men, Fantastic Four, Thor, Avengers, Howard the Duck, Batman, Legion of Superheroes, Teen Titans___Y

13 Do you read comics presently Y/N? if so what kinds/titles? Would you let kids read these comics?___N

TaelonZ
7X
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Akibaranger
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by TaelonZ »

Sakas wrote:1 Age ____
2 Gender M/F
3 Nationality______
4 What country do you currently reside in______________

1. 27
2. male
3. American
4. America
5. Yes
6. No
7. No
8. No
9. Yes, Too many to say, Yes
10. Yes, Too many to list, Not all of them
11. No
12. Yes, Too many to say, yes
13. Yes, Again, for the last time, far to many to list, and again not all of them.
Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

1 Age

2 Gender M/F
M

3 Nationality
Malaysian

4 What country do you currently reside in
Malaysia

Y.

N.

N.

N. As some cartoons were targeted to the adult viewer.

Y. Why not? There's a lot of great titles in the 80's and 90's.

Y. Danball Senki (LBX) W and Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls.
Y. But only Danball Senki (LBX) W.

Y. Originally. As I see it, as time goes by, the adult who still read comics are the loyal fan of the industry.

Y. Dragon Ball and Slam Dunk, to name a few, is a must.
Y.

Y. Naruto and Attack On Titans.
Y. But with a lot of guide and explanation.
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid

Return to “Off Topic”