Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

R.I.P. Justin "JewWario" Carmical

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

dunno if you guys have heard yet, but this past Thursday, JewWario committed suicide.

I've no idea why he would. I met him only once, back in Otakon 2012, and he was the nicest guy. fun to talk to, and seemed like he was having fun. now, obviously, that's a large time difference, so who knows what's changed in his life that might cause this. either way, it's heartbreaking to hear of his passing. he will be missed.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: R.I.P. Justin "JewWario" Carmical

Post by Phoenix512 »

No offense but who is he exactly?
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Phoenix512 wrote:No offense but who is he exactly?
he used to be a reviewer on the thatguywiththeglasses site. he was a well known fan of Kamen Rider, and even managed to successfully run a kickstarter for his fan project Famikamen Rider, a Kamen Rider powered by the Famicom game system.

best I can offer is his tvtropes page. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/W ... anPlayThis
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Wow, I didn't really watch his stuff, but I saw his occasionally guest appearances on Channel Awesome. Truly tragic and unnecessary.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

Don't You guys know GekiDan? (Jefusion and Jefusion Stream Admin and Founder) also past away this month. anyway I also saw some of FamiKamen Rider project on some blogs. may his soul rest in peace
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

kyoichikiller90 wrote:Don't You guys know GekiDan? (Jefusion and Jefusion Stream Admin and Founder) also past away this month. anyway I also saw some of FamiKamen Rider project on some blogs. may his soul rest in peace
yes, they know. there's a whole thread for it in this section of the forum.
SuperSentaifan4ever
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by SuperSentaifan4ever »

I never got to know him personally, but I did go to his live chats whenever I could and when Twitch wasn't being a pain in the neck! Everybody that he worked with and was friends with really liked him and he had this atmosphere where you would want to be around him. Best info that we have is that he suffered from depression of some kind.

He got me into the world of import gaming and the first couple of games I got were Samurai Pizza Cats for the Famicom as well as the original Dragon Quest which was released here in the US as Dragon Warrior. I can tell everybody that he really cared about everybody as well as the fact that he really enjoyed having all of the fans that he did since he was also one of the first video game community people to actually take advantage of Youtube when it was still brand new at the time when people like AVGN, Nostalgia Critic, Spoony and many others were getting their start on there.

He really did open the doors for lots of people that didn't know anything about import gaming whatsoever or weren't aware of it!

He will be missed greatly!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

In Spoony's latest review he just silently pointed to a Jewario hat and then left it on the chair. It was perfect nod to his fallen friend.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Justin was actually a very close personal friend of mine. Last week was pretty hard, but we're all managing. I made a patch in memorial for him. I was helping him with his Famikamen Rider web series project, but have no clue what's going to happen with that now. Honestly I don't see continuing the show without him, but it was a really big dream for him to finish it. Maybe an animation or something, I dunno. But I'm dead set on paying homage to him whenever I get my own project rolling.
ImageImage
SuperSentaifan4ever
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Liveman
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by SuperSentaifan4ever »

takenoko wrote:In Spoony's latest review he just silently pointed to a Jewario hat and then left it on the chair. It was perfect nod to his fallen friend.
I saw that review as well as Linkara's Game Boy comic review that he did in tribute of JewWario.

Return to “Off Topic”