Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: DekaRanger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sigurd
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: It's 2014, what would you like to see in toku hero diver

Post by CuervaLocura »

Well, hope dies last and your arguments sound reasonable. Let's cross fingers that the kids in Japan will change their minds and view yellow as a cool guy colour again, not a girl colour so we can have a strong, manly yellow again in 2015. Or 2016...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Sentai_Ranger_Chart

Has it really been since MagiRanger that we had a male yellow?
The Virginian
Go Go!

Post by The Virginian »

I don't care if yellow is male, female, or like the donutshop owner.

I just want there to be a minimum of two females (the kind without penises).
KickHopper wrote:If you want to ship them, that's your prerogative. But the show has indicated they're interested in women, not men.
I don't remember that. I don't do ships, complete waste of time plus I rather watch it (and only if at least one female is involved preferably more than one), if I can't ain't worth the effort.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

The Virginian wrote:I just want there to be a minimum of two females (the kind without penises).

???

Are you making a wish upon an unreliable genie?!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Man you shouldn't be watching Sentai if you don't like having one woman on the team. Are you really that insecure that it bothers you there's only one woman on any Sentai team? Did Go-Busters make you uncomfortable or GekiRanger or Go-Onger in the beginning because they had only one woman period?
xanzerxiii
7X
Quote: Nn~ Aah~ Ecstasy!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by xanzerxiii »

Sentai itself originally have only one female in the team. Its normal. But it is NOT WRONG wanting more sentai with two original female member. Just that I am not agree with the "without penises" part. I mean what if he is a transgender acting as a female? Or an intersexual?
KickHopper wrote:
If you want to ship them, that's your prerogative. But the show has indicated they're interested in women, not men.
I don't remember that. I don't do ships, complete waste of time plus I rather watch it (and only if at least one female is involved preferably more than one), if I can't ain't worth the effort.
What do you mean by you don't remember? Are you indicating that you don't remember that they love girls? I'm a bit confused here.

And while we are at if why not a pink male sentai or a black/green female sentai. That would be great. I mean there's Decade, and if there is a male pink, the color would be like Decade (fine he is magenta), maybe a lighter shade but not like the normal pink, a bit darker.
I will never give up ze yo!
The Virginian
Go Go!

Post by The Virginian »

Phoenix512 wrote:Are you really that insecure that it bothers you there's only one woman on any Sentai team? Did Go-Busters make you uncomfortable or GekiRanger or Go-Onger in the beginning because they had only one woman period?
My desire to see more than one person with breasts who henshins has nothing to do with my security in my heterosexuality.
xanzerxiii wrote:Just that I am not agree with the "without penises" part. I mean what if he is a transgender acting as a female? Or an intersexual?
I have one unequivocal & unwavering standard for female, she must not have penis at that particular moment, if she had one in the past that doesn't matter.
xanzerxiii wrote:What do you mean by you don't remember?
I don't remember them showing any desire for female companionship in sexual adventures which may or may not include a bed.
xanzerxiii wrote:And while we are at if why not a pink male sentai or a black/green female sentai. That would be great. I mean there's Decade, and if there is a male pink, the color would be like Decade (fine he is magenta), maybe a lighter shade but not like the normal pink, a bit darker.
I would love to see a parody Sentai where the Pink Ranger is like Bravo. That would be hysterical.
takenoko wrote:Are you making a wish upon an unreliable genie?!
Genie's as in the magical evil creatures don't exist. Did meet a person named Genie once, such a bitch.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

The Virginian wrote:
xanzerxiii wrote:Just that I am not agree with the "without penises" part. I mean what if he is a transgender acting as a female? Or an intersexual?
I have one unequivocal & unwavering standard for female, she must not have penis at that particular moment, if she had one in the past that doesn't matter.
So you're a transphobe. Ok.
The Virginian wrote:
xanzerxiii wrote:What do you mean by you don't remember?
I don't remember them showing any desire for female companionship in sexual adventures which may or may not include a bed.
Yesterday for Shotaro, Wakana for Philip. They showed obvious attraction to both until they found out who they were.
ImageImage
The Virginian
Go Go!

Post by The Virginian »

KickHopper wrote:So you're a transphobe. Ok.
Nope.

Women have vaginas. If a person born male wants to transition to female they are not female until they get SRS.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

The Virginian wrote:
KickHopper wrote:So you're a transphobe. Ok.
Nope.

Women have vaginas. If a person born male wants to transition to female they are not female until they get SRS.
Yep. That makes you a transphobe. If a transwoman says they're a woman, they're a woman. You don't get to make that decision based on what you know or don't know about what's between their legs. What's between their legs isn't any of your business.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_woman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transphobia
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Let's not call people names, guys. You can convey your point without getting accusatory, since that'll just bring down the discourse that we're having.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

KickHopper wrote:
The Virginian wrote:Nope.

Yep. That makes you a transphobe. If a transwoman says they're a woman, they're a woman. You don't get to make that decision based on what you know or don't know about what's between their legs. What's between their legs isn't any of your business.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_woman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transphobia
Thank you for taking care of the smackdown for me, KickHopper.

Yeah, no, seriously, genital situation has absolutely no god damn influence on gender identity.

Do you know how dangerous SRS is? Not to mention how ridiculously prohibitively expensive?

Do you make the same distinction for transmen? So, say, "Men have penises. If a person born female wants to transition to male they are not male until they get SRS." Does that fly? Even though SRS for transmen is notoriously less tested, less safe, nearly TEN TIMES as expensive as SRS for transwomen?

Not all trans* people get SRS, for any number of reasons. And it is totally, 1000000% NOT UP TO YOU to decide whether that makes them "real" or not.

Please, PLEASE educate yourself, or don't speak. Because what you are saying is not just insulting, it's god damn dangerous.
Let's not call people names, guys. You can convey your point without getting accusatory, since that'll just bring down the discourse that we're having.
Calling a transphobic person transphobic isn't 'calling people names', it's just stating the obvious. If someone has a problem/is insulted by being called transphobic, maybe they should be a little less transphobic?
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

Would we be telling people to not be calling someone out by saying they're a racist if they were using the n* word, or by constantly making black jokes whenever Suika Arms is used in Gaim? Would we be telling people to not call someone out by calling them a homophobe if they started constantly referring to a person or a character as a f*ggot?

And I'm sorry, I may be taking this a little personally since one of my best friends is a trans woman, but I'm going to call it like I see it.
ImageImage
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No, you're just being unnecessarily mean. Like I said, you can make your point without trying to make a person feel bad. No one's going to listen to you if you come off as just a preachy jerk. Do you feel like you've enlightened this guy by talking down to him? Or that he'll listen to what you have to say for giving him an internet beat down over expressing an opinion?

You'd probably get a person to listen to you more if you didn't attack the guy, call him names, and tried to shame him into joining your point of view. Like telling me that I'm the same as people who defend homophobes and racists isn't particularly endearing me either. Work on your sermon, preacher.

We're just trying to have a conversation here. No one is anyone else's enemy.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

You're right. I apologize for the labeling. I think I've been on the SJW part of tumblr too long.
ImageImage

Return to “Off Topic”