Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Re: It's 2014, what would you like to see in toku hero diver

Post by KickHopper »

Social Justice Warrior. Tumblr is full of people fighting for one cause or another or many. Sadly most SJWs are incredibly combative and antagonistic, and you kinda have to fight fire with fire just get a word noticed sometimes. It's a disease, honestly. Need to remind myself of my mantra of "Be excellent to each other" sometimes.
ImageImage
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

What? Tumblr's used for more than just pictures?
Oh man! Just the name alone is enough to turn me away.
Sounds like a bunch of elitist fucks tossing their ideals down someone's throat.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7

Post by KickHopper »

Not all SJWs are like that, just the loudest ones. Honestly I've learned a lot of really great things from tumblr, I'm glad I'm on there.
ImageImage
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

The hilarious thing about tumblr is how it went from "imagehosting blog-type thing" to having a dark corner where people explode with rage over things and are told by a hundred other people that they are utterly correct in being mad. Like the tumblr about men who take up room on public transit. Yeah, some dudes are dicks and take up multiple seats, but some of us are just big. Sorry, tumblr, I have broad shoulders and I'm going to infringe on your personal space if we sit beside one another.

But for every horrible SJW tumblr, there is someone awesome trying to categorize Star Trek characters into Hogwarts houses.
The Virginian
Go Go!

Post by The Virginian »

KickHopper wrote: Yep. That makes you a transphobe.
You are clueless.
KickHopper wrote:If a transwoman says they're a woman, they're a woman.
Until they get SRS they are not a woman, they are a transwoman. Which you clearly stated, if they were a woman you wouldn't have referred to them as transwoman.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, that part of tumblr annoys me, but you got to take the bad with the good. And usually long posts of being mad are usually followed up with "Hey, here's the other viewpoint that needs to be considered."

It's just funny how people forget the golden rule online. If you don't like it when people talk to you in a certain way, maybe you shouldn't do the same thing with others.

Now, now, be nice Virginian. If you can't speak in a civilized manner, you shouldn't do so at all.
The Virginian
Go Go!

Post by The Virginian »

takenoko wrote:Now, now, be nice Virginian.
This is me nice.

If I wasn't being nice I would have told KH to smoke enough pot to lose complete control of his mental faculties then to go play on the highway during rush hour while wearing a frilly French Maid uniform with a dildo up his ass or I might have insinuated that his mother likes to pay for her crack by being an employee of the world's oldest profession.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

The Virginian wrote:
KickHopper wrote: Yep. That makes you a transphobe.
You are clueless.
KickHopper wrote:If a transwoman says they're a woman, they're a woman.
Until they get SRS they are not a woman, they are a transwoman. Which you clearly stated, if they were a woman you wouldn't have referred to them as transwoman.
The label of trans woman is because you're choosing to focus on their genitals. They're still a woman. Being trans does not make them any less of a woman. Even if they get SRS, they are still trans, which again still does not negate them being a woman. Maybe you should go back and read the article on transphobia I linked to, since you don't seem to get that you're being incredibly disrespectful toward women by valuing them as women solely by their genitalia. What about intersex women? Are they also "not real women" because they have male genitalia as well? As you said earlier, "they're not a woman if they have a penis". You say I'm clueless, but you're the one who needs to get a clue.
ImageImage
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

I feel like the conversation just needs to be dropped. It's clear each of you have your own views and aren't coming to a concensus anytime soon. No one's right and no one's wrong but I don't think this convo has a pleasant end.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

Revorse wrote:I feel like the conversation just needs to be dropped. It's clear each of you have your own views and aren't coming to a concensus anytime soon. No one's right and no one's wrong but I don't think this convo has a pleasant end.
Except going out of this, Virginian is still being incredibly offensive and discriminatory. But sure, let's drop the conversation and people can go on being ignorant.
ImageImage
The Virginian
Go Go!

Post by The Virginian »

KickHopper wrote:Maybe you should go back and read the article on transphobia I linked to
You linked to Wikipedia a highly unreliable source. Provide a legitimate source and I may consider reading it if I have absolutely nothing else to do.
KickHopper wrote:you're being incredibly disrespectful
Two part answer:

1. Since you like to link to Wikipedia i'll respond with this, which one of them applies to me..
2. So what.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight

Post by KickHopper »

Seriously? There's seriously people who say Wikipedia is "a highly unreliable source"? Ok, fine. Here's every single reference source used in the Transphobia article on Wikipedia. Take your pick.

Jump up ^ Chakraborti, Neil and Jon Garland (2009). Hate Crime: Impact, Causes and Responses. SAGE Publications, Ltd. p. 77. ISBN 1412945682.
^ Jump up to: a b c d Chrisler, Donald R. McCreary, Joan C. (2010). Handbook of Gender Research in Psychology, Volume 2. Springer. p. 366. ISBN 1441913556.
Jump up ^ Wing Sue, Derald (2010). Microaggressions and Marginality: Manifestation, Dynamics, and Impact. Wiley. p. 224. ISBN 0470491396.
^ Jump up to: a b Beemyn, Genny (2011). The Lives of Transgender People. New York: Columbia University Press. p. 91. ISBN 0231143079.
Jump up ^ Julia Serano. Whipping Girl: A Transsexual Woman on Sexism and the Scapegoating of Femininity, Seal Press, 2007. ISBN 978-1-58005-154-5, ISBN 1-58005-154-5
Jump up ^ Norton, Jody (1997). ""Brain Says You're a Girl, But I Think You're a Sissy Boy": Cultural Origins of Transphobia". International Journal of Sexuality and Gender Studies. 2, Number 2 (2): 139–164. doi:10.1023/A:1026320611878.
Jump up ^ Demagogues of defamation Gay: Where is the outrage when cable TV’s talking heads trash trans people?
Jump up ^ McNamara, Mary (2001-02-08). "Transgender Artists, Work Gaining Acceptance". Los Angeles Times.
Jump up ^ "Transsexual to move to 'safer' LA". BBC News. 6 September 2005.]
^ Jump up to: a b Ansara and Peter Hegarty, Y. Gavriel (2011). "Cisgenderism in psychology: pathologising and misgendering children from 1999 to 2008". Psychology & Sexuality (Routledge University Press). doi:10.1080/19419899.2011.576696. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
^ Jump up to: a b Girshick, Lori B. (2008). Transgender Voices: Beyond Women and Men. Hanover and London: University Press of New England. pp. 133–144. ISBN 158465838X.
^ Jump up to: a b Bockting, Walter O. (2006). Transgender Health and HIV Prevention: Needs Assessment Studies from Transgender Communities Across the United States. CRC Press. pp. 41–53. ISBN 0789030152.
^ Jump up to: a b Salkind, Neil (2008). Encyclopedia of Educational Psychology. SAGE. p. 432. ISBN 1412916887.
Jump up ^ Driver, Susan (2008). Queer Youth Cultures. State University of New York Press. p. 88. ISBN 0791473384.
Jump up ^ Herman, Joanne (2009). Transgender Explained For Those Who Are Not. AuthorHouse. pp. 50–51. ISBN 1449029574.
^ Jump up to: a b Rudacille, Deborah (2005). The Riddle of Gender: Science, Activism, and Transgender Rights. Pantheon. pp. 164–180. ISBN 0375421629.
Jump up ^ Currah, Paisley (2006). Transgender Rights. University of Minnesota Press. p. 194. ISBN 0816643121.
^ Jump up to: a b c Bender-Baird, Kyla (2011). Transgender Employment Experiences: Gendered Perceptions and the Law. SUNY Press. pp. 5–24. ISBN 1438436742.
Jump up ^ Eng, David L. (1998). Q & A: Queer in Asian America. Temple University Press. pp. 232–233. ISBN 1566396409.
Jump up ^ DeCecco, John (2012). Looking Queer: Body Image and Identity in Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, and Transgender Communities (Haworth Gay & Lesbian Studies). New Jersey: Routledge. ISBN 0789004631.
Jump up ^ Ekins, Richard. The Transgender Phenomenon. p. 199. ISBN 1847877265.
Jump up ^ Schilt, Kristen (2011). Just One of the Guys?: Transgender Men and the Persistence of Gender Inequality. University Of Chicago Press. p. 167. ISBN 1847877265.
Jump up ^ McDonough, Katie (22 August 2013). "Media willfully misgender Chelsea Manning". Salon Magazine.
Jump up ^ Harrison, Kelby (2013). Sexual Deceit: The Ethics of Passing. Lexington Books. p. 12. ISBN 0739177052.
Jump up ^ Ansara, Y. Gavriel. Cisgenderism in Medical Settings: Challenging Structural Violence Through Collaborative Partnerships. p. 95. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
^ Jump up to: a b c d e Shapiro, Lila (28 August 2013). "Shouting Disrupts Vigil For Murdered Transgender Woman Islan Nettles". Huffington Post.
^ Jump up to: a b Di Menna, Hillary (16 September 2013). "Gender Block: Media misgendering and Chelsea Manning". This Magazine.
Jump up ^ Beam, Cris (January 2008). Transparent. Harvest Books. ISBN 978-0-15-603377-0.
Jump up ^ "NYC's Department of Homeless Services Issues a Trans-Affirmative Housing Policy". The Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Center. 5 February 2006. Archived from the original on 15 June 2006. Retrieved 6 September 2006..
Jump up ^ "FTM Informational Network". Retrieved 2009-11-24.
Jump up ^ "Injustice at Every Turn A Report of the National Transgender Discrimination Survey". transequality.org.
Jump up ^ "Victory in Tyra Hunter case". Retrieved 2009-11-24.
Jump up ^ Pazulka, Nicole. "17 European Countries Force Transgender Sterilization". Retrieved August 24, 2013.
Jump up ^ JoAnna McNamara (30 August 1996). "Employment discrimination and the Transsexual". Willamette University. Retrieved 10 September 2006.
^ Jump up to: a b The Transgender Community Health Project (18 February 1999). "Sociodemographics". Descriptive Results. HIVInSite. Retrieved 7 September 2006.
Jump up ^ Barbara Findlay, Q.C. (June 1999). "Transgendered people and Employment: An equality analysis". Barbara Findlay Law Office. Retrieved 10 September 2006.
Jump up ^ Ronald L. Wilson (23 October 2000). "Oliver v. Winn-Dixie Complaint". Retrieved 15 October 2011.
Jump up ^ Jacques, Juliet (25 August 2010). "'No wonder many transsexual people end up in sex work'". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 March 2012.
Jump up ^ Transgender woman Fernada raped in a Danish centre for asylum seekers
Jump up ^ http://www.religioustolerance.org/transsexu9a.htm
Jump up ^ http://www.religioustolerance.org/transsexu15.htm
^ Jump up to: a b c Raymond, J. (1994). The Transsexual Empire (2nd ed.). Teachers College Press
Jump up ^ Van Gelder, Lindsy; and Pamela Robin Brandt. "The Girls Next Door: Into the Heart of Lesbian America", p. 73. Simon and Schuster, ISBN 978-0-684-83957-8
Jump up ^ Sreedhar, Susanne (2006). "The Ethics of Exclusion: Gender and Politics at the Michigan Womyn's Music Festival". In Scott-Dixon, Krista. Trans/Forming Feminisms: Trans/Feminist Voices Speak Out. Toronto: Sumach Press. pp. 164–65. ISBN 1-894-54961-9. OCLC 70839321. Retrieved September 30, 2013
Jump up ^ http://www.egale.ca/index.asp?lang=E&menu=34&item=1147
Jump up ^ http://www.rapereliefshelter.bc.ca/issu ... akeman.pdf
Jump up ^ Perelle, Robin (February 14, 2007). Rape Relief wins: Supreme Court refuses to hear trans woman's appeal. Xtra.
Jump up ^ Sayer, Susan (1995-10-01). "From Lesbian Nation to Queer Nation". Hecate. Retrieved 2012-04-07.
Jump up ^ Ross, Becki (1995). The House that Jill Built: A Lesbian Nation in Formation. University of Toronto Press, ISBN 978-0-8020-7479-9
Jump up ^ Jeffreys, Sheila (1997). Transgender Activism: A Lesbian Feminist Perspective. "Journal of Lesbian Studies", Vol. 1(3/4) 1997
Jump up ^ Judith Butler: Gender Trouble: New York: Routledge: 1990.
Jump up ^ Judith Butler: Bodies That Matter: New York: 1993.
Jump up ^ King, M., Webster, B., & Winter, S. (2007). Transprejudice in Hong Kong: Chinese Attitudes Towards Transgenderism and Transgender Civil Rights (under review)
^ Jump up to: a b Weiss JT (2004). GL vs BT The archaeology of biphobia and transphobia within U.S. gay and lesbian community. Journal of Bisexuality, 3, 25-55.
Jump up ^ Sears, J.T., and Williams, W.L. (1997). Overcoming Heterosexism and Homophobia. New York: Columbia University Press.
Jump up ^ Fone, B.R.S. (1998). The Columbia Anthology of Gay Literature: Readings from Western Antiquity to the Present Day. Columbia University Press, ISBN 9780231096706.
Jump up ^ Meyerowitz, Joanne (2002). How Sex Changed: A History of Transsexuality in the United States. Harvard University Press ISBN 9780674009257.
Jump up ^ Taormino, Tristan (13 September 2000). "Trouble in Utopia". The Village Voice. Retrieved 7 September 2006.
^ Jump up to: a b Weiss, Jillian Todd. "GL vs. BT: The Archaeology of Biphobia and Transphobia Within the U.S. Gay and Lesbian Community". Retrieved 7 July 2006.
Jump up ^ Rafkin, Louise (June 22, 2003) Straddling Sexes: Young lesbians transitioning into men are shaking the foundation of the lesbian-feminist world. San Francisco Chronicle.
Jump up ^ Mantilla, Karla (October 1, 2000). Michigan: transgender controversy. Off Our Backs.
Jump up ^ “Ticked-Off Trannies,” and detractors, take on Tribeca, Edith Honan, Reuters, April 25, 2010; accessed October 5, 2010.
Jump up ^ Henry Rubin (2003). Self-made Men: Identity and Embodiment Among Transsexual Men. Vanderbilt University Press, ISBN 978-0-8265-1435-6.
Jump up ^ Geri Nettick, Beth Elliot (1996). "Mirrors: Portrait of a Lesbian Transexual." Badboy Books ISBN 978-1-56333-435-1.
Jump up ^ Ruiz MD, Pedro (2009). Disparities in Psychiatric Care: Clinical and Cross-Cultural Perspectives. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. p. 111. ISBN 0781796393.

I'm done here.
ImageImage
The Virginian
Go Go!

Post by The Virginian »

KickHopper wrote:Seriously? There's seriously people who say Wikipedia is "a highly unreliable source"?
Any moronic Joe Blow can edit it, therefore it is not reliable and never will be.

http://isites.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?ke ... page346376

KickHopper wrote:I'm done here.
Thank you.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

TV-Nihon's forums are an academic research forum, you heard it here first, folks.

Return to “Off Topic”