Kiki's Delivery Service 2014

WoodBetweenWorlds
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger, Kiva
Favorite Band: Relient K
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Big Hero 6
Quote: "So, physics! Physics, eh? Physics! Phyyyysics! I hope you're all getting this down!" - The Doctor

Kiki's Delivery Service 2014

Post by WoodBetweenWorlds »

These are a few random screencaps I got from the new live-action Kiki's Delivery Service film that came out this year. I was wondering if anyone had any clue as to whether this would see an English fansub at all. As you can see, the video has Chinese fansubs on it. The DVD and Blu-ray release has only Japanese subtitles and I can't get SubRip to pull the Chinese characters.

Has anyone here seen it? It would be great if anyone could help me out with obtaining English subtitles without actually buying the Blu-ray and doing it myself.
Check out my Tumblr where I review shows that I watch and talk about other random nonsense!

http://codenamewaffle.tumblr.com/
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Kiki's Delivery Service 2014

Post by MadCow »

o.O this actually exists?

(leaves the forum to search for it)
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I heard this wasn't too good but I haven't seen it yet myself. I think most fansubbers would stay away because it's linked with the Ghibli which is licensed by Disney, who has very rabid lawyers.
WoodBetweenWorlds
Go Go!
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger, Kiva
Favorite Band: Relient K
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Big Hero 6
Quote: "So, physics! Physics, eh? Physics! Phyyyysics! I hope you're all getting this down!" - The Doctor

Post by WoodBetweenWorlds »

Yes, this actually exists. The only thing out on the internet right now is Chinese fansubs. After thinking about it a bit, I agree with you, Luna, that this will likely never see an international release. I'm sure Disney has rights to the name in the U.S. and there is no way they are gonna touch this. Theoretically, another studio could get rights for the film from Disney but that would be a lot of work and money for little recompense. Fansubs, however, could be a different story. I don't believe the film has any actual ties to Studio Ghibli and should be okay with an English fansub. It might just be as you said, Luna: It might not be very good. That alone could be the reason why no one has subbed it yet.

This might be a project I take on myself as my first fansub project.
Check out my Tumblr where I review shows that I watch and talk about other random nonsense!

http://codenamewaffle.tumblr.com/

Return to “Off Topic”