Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Shinken-Oh cosplay.

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Wasn't sure where else to put this, nor a better group to ask. Has anyone here (or someone you happen to be acquainted with) attempted a Shinken-Oh cosplay...or anything even close? I want to attempt it for the fall of this year. I have found a single other person who has done it thanks to Google, but unfortunately I can find no information about who it is nor any way to contact them for input.

I would think it could be done with papercrafting for the most part, but as much of a rookie costumer as I am I seek advice from the experts first.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Shinken-Oh cosplay.

Post by Lunagel »

That looks like Makuhari Messe to me, I think that particular cosplayer is likely Japanese
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

I was assuming as much, partially due to the accuracy and craftsmanship. What would you say the main material is?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Mmm, some kind of foam? I'd ask on a cosplay forum, they might be able to identify the material.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Oh man. That's great. Except the sword is a little short but I imagine a full size one is not practical for a convention.

Return to “Off Topic”