Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

International Woman's Day March 8, 2016

Post by takenoko »

What toku ladies (or pop culture ladies) do you appreciate? Post pics, make this interesting!

For me, I think Inamori Mayu from Kamen Rider Wizard would be my choice. Never before had I wanted a sub plot to be the main plot as badly as I did this one.

Bonus appreciation for actress Nakayama Erina for playing both Medusa and Mayu.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: International Woman's Day March 8, 2016

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

takenoko wrote:Bonus appreciation for actress Nakayama Erina for playing both Medusa and Mayu.
Along those lines, I'd toss appreciation for Mina Asami who had to play the roles of Maskman's Mio/Princess Ial and Igam.
And while Ial was stuck in an ice-cube for almost all of the series, Asami still managed to make each of the two distinct from each other (she didn't play Igam the same as how we saw Mio in flashbacks, and such). That deserves props.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

Anyone know what Runa Natsui, who portrayed Shiba Kaoru in Shinkenger, is doing these days?
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

TorchWood wrote:Anyone know what Runa Natsui, who portrayed Shiba Kaoru in Shinkenger, is doing these days?
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Natsui_Runa#Work
Looks like she was in a movie last year called Death Forest Kyoufu no Mori 3 and a TV show called Tenshi no Knife.

She recently turned 20 last November and changed her blog to Ameba
http://ameblo.jp/runa-natsui/

In her most recent post, she apologized for not posting many pictures lately. She complains about the pollen in the air, and also talks about how her hair is long now, despite being cut just last December.

Then she says "Cute is justice" and says that girls are coolest when they're cute.

From her blog, you can see she's sniffling.

That was fun. If anyone else has a request on an actor or actress they want to know about (or anything else that you want me to investigate) just let me know! Make a post on the forum or just edit it to my talk page on the wiki:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/User_talk:Takenoko
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

I didn't even realise Medusa and Mayu were the same actress until I looked it up. She played them so differently I actually thought they were sisters!
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

It would be a first to have twin in a Toku show. I remember KirinRanger (they also were both in Kakuranger) and GekiBlue (the twin also played AkibaRed II and both were on Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V)
takenoko wrote:That was fun. If anyone else has a request on an actor or actress they want to know about (or anything else that you want me to investigate) just let me know! Make a post on the forum or just edit it to my talk page on the wiki:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/User_talk:Takenoko
Kuriyama Wataru, Nanri Miki and Inoue Masahiro.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Sumiko Ozawa form Agito. Badass, super smart and doesn't take shit from anyone.
Linguistic Massacre
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Quote: The loaf that attempts to twist fate is not a loaf at all, but is, in fact, a pretzel.

Post by Linguistic Massacre »

From Toku I'd definitely agree with Mayu. Wizard would've been a much better series for me if her subplot were the main plot. Nakayama Erina also did a fantastic job playing both Mayu and Medusa/Misa.

In general pop culture though, I am like the biggest fan of Matsui Rena, formerly of SKE48. I'm glad I can still follow her career in acting after her graduation. The most perfect thing for me would be if they cast her as a main role in a Kamen Rider series, but I doubt that will ever happen... which may be for the better because I might die from happiness if it did.

The thing that really made me a fan of Rena was her acting as Gekikara in the AKB48 drama Majisuka Gakuen:

Return to “Off Topic”