Did Toei offically merge the Kamen Rider and Super Sentai worlds together now?

Shaider03
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Double
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Zentreya
Favorite Actor?: Robert Downey Jr
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: My love for tokusatsu will never die.

Did Toei offically merge the Kamen Rider and Super Sentai worlds together now?

Post by Shaider03 »

Before their was always some cross dimensional gimmick that brought them together most of the time. So after the Ghost and Zyuogher cross over episodes where they didn’t use any portals or anything to meet each other. Did Toei just merge both world’s together from this point on? Is their any official world about it. After all the time space shenanigans Shocker caused during the Drive and Nininger crossover, Kamen Rider Taisen GP, and Kamen Rider Yongou. Could this be the catalyst to what happened in Ghost and Zyuogher. I know that it could have just been lazy writing but it feels like I can use my theory to fix their plot hole myself if worse came to worse. I’m planning to do a vid covering this but wanted to double check things before hand.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Did Toei offically merge the Kamen Rider and Super Sentai worlds together now?

Post by Phoenix512 »

I think you're dreaming of something that will never happen. Also there hasn't been any official news about it.
Shaider03
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: Did Toei offically merge the Kamen Rider and Super Sentai worlds together now?

Post by Shaider03 »

Phoenix512 wrote:I think you're dreaming of something that will never happen. Also there hasn't been any official news about it.
Wait did you just read the topic question when you gave me that answer. Because if you took the time to read the actual post you can tell I'm basically trying to fix their screw up. I even went so far to say it could all be just lazy writing. I'm also double checking if they did that damn thing where they just post something up in a mag an never say it in the show's. So I can know before hand so when I make my vid I can label it as a fan theory instead of a supplemental to my Tokusatsu Info vids.

So yeah for future reference all I needed was a clear answer. You can keep that smart ass crap to yourself. Shit this is why I hate forums people love to treat others like crap for no good reason at all.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

You can call it smart-ass if you want but all he's doing is telling the truth. Toei doesn't care about continuity or world mixing and will probably never give a definite answer as to whether they are the same world or different.

Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax."
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

Just imagine that Toei's Earth is 95% Japanese speaking countries, and every country has something different going on, and international newspapers don't exist.
Shaider03
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Shaider03 »

Lunagel wrote:You can call it smart-ass if you want but all he's doing is telling the truth. Toei doesn't care about continuity or world mixing and will probably never give a definite answer as to whether they are the same world or different.

Just repeat to yourself "it's just a show, I should really just relax."
Lets compare what you said to what he said. The manner of which he said it. Which was rude and condescending. Am I the only person with some damn manners on the internet.

Again every one seems to have missed the point of this topic entirely. At this point my niceness is gone so I no longer give two shits how this sounds. I was double checking if they officially said anything so I would know weather or not they did as fact. So I could label the vid as fan theory of maybe this how that moment was possible or how it should be done. Possibly for the purpose of patching up a plot hole if it keep's happening. If Toei didn't say so officially then I would unofficially consider my theory as a possibility. I was never angry at Toei but it was lazy writing that's just a plain fact. Its called critique maybe you've heard of it.

Ok first off you say Toei doesn't link worlds together uh yeah they have already. Have you forgotten Gavan VS Gokaiger, Gavan Type G appearing in two episode's of Gobusters, Oh what about Jirayah appearing in a regular episode of Nininger. When you start adding characters from another franchise in to a regular episode that is in continuity you've just official done it. So theirs a president for it.

I'm sorry but just because some people are dismissive of things doesn't mean I have to be. So their do you get it now. All I wanted was a simple answer and as usual people have turned this into a three ring circus. I didn't come here to debate this shit at all. All I wanted was a simple yes or no answer to know the fact's before I make my vid in peace. Everybody is obsessed with debating me so I guess I have to engage in this and fix the mess everyone else made.
Last edited by Shaider03 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's like Sliders, but all you need to do to travel dimensions is to go to a different town. Also, multiple Tokyos.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I don't think there is a reason. They just cross over. They don't really matter plot wise anyway.
Shaider03
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Shaider03 »

takenoko wrote:It's like Sliders, but all you need to do to travel dimensions is to go to a different town. Also, multiple Tokyos.
Interesting and thank you Takenoko for giving your opinion in a respectful and mature manor. I do remember Sliders I never finished it did they ever get home? I mean I know they did once but made a mistake and left.

Yeah I still plan to make the vid since they seem to be flirting with the idea at least. In Nininger and Drives crossover Nininger came into Drives world. Their was this plot of how they needed to get back home to their world. I need to watch it again but the Kamen Rider Taisen GP stuff was staring to happen(I know its for promo purpose''s but the timing fits in). I know they may never officially say anything but tying those events along with the Yongo miniseries(which possibly state's that they got back to their regular time to fix what happened in the GP film) wouldn't be a bad way to go if you wanted to link the worlds together from that point on. Marvel merged its Ultimate comics series with 616 because of the event's in Secret War.

When I did the Information videos on my youtube channel(Excile2K, yeah I know shameless plug) to help explain different Toku shows for new fans looking to break in. I think it would be weird for me not to talk about this in some way since I have talked about the continuity of each respective franchise already in Info vid's. That and its fun for me to try an put the pieces together if I see possible threads forming.
Last edited by Shaider03 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaider03
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Shaider03 »

Catastrophe wrote:I don't think there is a reason. They just cross over. They don't really matter plot wise anyway.
We'll we live in a post Avengers movie world. So their is money to be made long term if you have clear continuity. How many marvel films will people watch even if they don't like a character just because it's directly linked to the next Avengers film in some way. Even WB's TV shows on CW are doing well because not only are they good but they have continuity with each other. They start to have a shared established audience that will follow each show to get the whole story. You reward your self and your viewer base with a big event that ties it all together.

Its a time tested formula that American comics have used for years that has now turned into box office cash. Thiers a reason WB is trying to do it in their comic book movies now. Why Fox wanted to do it with Fantasic Four and X Men. Hell their even trying to make a cinematic universe with old horror movie monsters. Have they gotten by with out it sure but we never even got Kamen Rider and Super Sentai cross overs at all in the past. We didn't have strange Super Sentai cameos in Kamen Rider exclusive cross over films until Super Hero Taisen did well for them in the box office.
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

I think your intent is well meaning and it's a lot of fun to speculate and find pathways to connect worlds, but I would not presume Toei has the same business mindset as a Western company. What Marvel chooses to do surely has no bearing on Toei's decisions, as they're working with radically different material, history, and culture.

I would say to you: work with what you have, and compose a great continuity. But there will likely never be any official word from Toei, as their main concern is fanservice and money. If it means nonsensical crossovers, I'm not sure they bat an eye.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Zychotic »

The in-series crossovers are generally just once off specials that are never referenced again in the series (except for the movies which is generally non-canon to the the tv episodes).

The one exception to this is Ninninger (and Gokaiger). They referenced Kakuranger/Hurricanger/Jiraiya many times after the crossover episodes thus officially setting those series in the same world.

If Ghost were to appear again or at least mentioned in Jyuohger, then yes, we could consider those worlds the same.

Talking specifically about Ghost, you could say it exists in the same world as Drive and Ichigou because they've mentioned them multiple times in episodes (either through flashbacks or toys to promote movies).
Shaider03
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Shaider03 »

VerusMaya II wrote:I think your intent is well meaning and it's a lot of fun to speculate and find pathways to connect worlds, but I would not presume Toei has the same business mindset as a Western company. What Marvel chooses to do surely has no bearing on Toei's decisions, as they're working with radically different material, history, and culture.

I would say to you: work with what you have, and compose a great continuity. But there will likely never be any official word from Toei, as their main concern is fanservice and money. If it means nonsensical crossovers, I'm not sure they bat an eye.
However making it easy on themself's by making it one world would make it simpler to keep doing cameo style stuff like they have with GhostXZyhouger.

I already figured they would never say anything officially but I needed to check the facts before I did my vid. Actually all Neo Heisei stuff is linked to each other and to Showa. They already have done plenty to confirm that. Every Sentai shows have been the same world.
Shaider03
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Shaider03 »

Zychotic wrote:The in-series crossovers are generally just once off specials that are never referenced again in the series (except for the movies which is generally non-canon to the the tv episodes).

The one exception to this is Ninninger (and Gokaiger). They referenced Kakuranger/Hurricanger/Jiraiya many times after the crossover episodes thus officially setting those series in the same world.

If Ghost were to appear again or at least mentioned in Jyuohger, then yes, we could consider those worlds the same.

Talking specifically about Ghost, you could say it exists in the same world as Drive and Ichigou because they've mentioned them multiple times in episodes (either through flashbacks or toys to promote movies).
Actually all Neo Heisei stuff is linked to each other and to Showa. In Every Neo Heisei movie crossover the previous Riders story is an epilogue to their respective series(which continues off the end of their shows. so much so that their are way to many spoilers in it not to be.) They put 7 Showa Riders in the OOO and Fourze film, which is cannon since Fourze used the Super Rocket form in the show. Now you have the Ghost and Ichigou film to boot. They already have done this plenty of times to confirm that. Every Sentai show has been in the same world for years now if Gokaiger doesn't hammer that home nothing will. So yeah I think I know a thing or two about continuity and it seems to me I'm one of the few people here that do.
Last edited by Shaider03 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaider03
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Shaider03 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11hq1SGvsP0

Well here’s the vid with my Theory like I talked about. I figured I’d put this up for a few reasons. 1. To show I am indeed a man of my word. 2. To provide some clarification to what I’m trying to say for those that my still be confused. 3. Well cero miedo.

If you dig this theory great. If not that’s fine I’m not interested in changing anyone’s mind. Just don’t expect me to listen to you if you want to cry to me about it. Ok I’ll be hitting the old dusty trail on this topic so don’t expect anymore comments to any of your post regarding this. I don’t want to be stuck here replying constantly. Do I seem rude right now maybe. I just don't believe in people much. I know this will spiral out of control if it goes on too long. So for the sake of stopping future flame wars I'm going to end this here.

Return to “Off Topic”