Movie Trailers and spoiling

FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Movie Trailers and spoiling

Post by FangTrigger »

After recently watching Kamen Rider Ex-Aid's True Ending trailer and the trailer for Rings and also learning that [Don't click the spoiler tags if you plan on seeing it Rings]
Spoiler
the ending is in the trailer
, does anyone else feel like they put way too much information in them these days?

Take Civil War for example. The Spider-Man reveal should've been kept to the big screen instead of the Superbowl trailer. Personally, I feel like it would've made a bigger impact that way and boosted the sales.

Another example I can think of is the most recent XXX movie. The whole Ice Cube reveal in the trailer essentially robbed the climax of any impact because you knew he was going to show up.l and save the day. Its a great action movie nonetheless, but just the fact that you know what was going to happen kills the momentum.

The worst offender of this that I can think of is Smurfs: The Lost Village where they show that, surprise, it's a village full of female Smurfs IN THE DAMN TRAILER!

Someone really needs to teach the media industry how to keep things a secret, because they're doing s terrible job at it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Movie Trailers and spoiling

Post by takenoko »

I don't watch trailers for movies I plan to see.

Return to “Off Topic”