Shout! Factory Releasing Chojin Sentai Jetman & Hyakuju Sentai GaoRanger DVDs In 2018!

TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Shout! Factory Releasing Chojin Sentai Jetman & Hyakuju Sentai GaoRanger DVDs In 2018!

Post by TorchWood »

(Mods, please move to appropriate forum)

Per this post from TokuNation (and I haven't seen it elsewhere), GaoRanger is slated for release in December, 2018. This isn't unexpected, as it's the next series after TimeRanger.

However, slated for release in September is... Jetman! This is a bit of a surprise since it is essentially Power Rangers Season Zero. And I think that we all know the history behind that.

In checking Amazon, all I see for upcoming releases is TimeRanger for July 31st. Hmmm..... in checking TVN's Wiki page, it doesn't list MegaRanger, Gingaman, GoGoV, or TimeRanger as licensed.
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Shout! Factory Releasing Chojin Sentai Jetman & Hyakuju Sentai GaoRanger DVDs In 2018!

Post by Catastrophe »

I already thought that the Jetman release was announced some time ago?
aresef
Go Go!

Re: Shout! Factory Releasing Chojin Sentai Jetman & Hyakuju Sentai GaoRanger DVDs In 2018!

Post by aresef »

Catastrophe wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 5:57 am I already thought that the Jetman release was announced some time ago?
No, only announced this week
TorchWood wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:30 am (Mods, please move to appropriate forum)

Per this post from TokuNation (and I haven't seen it elsewhere), GaoRanger is slated for release in December, 2018. This isn't unexpected, as it's the next series after TimeRanger.

However, slated for release in September is... Jetman! This is a bit of a surprise since it is essentially Power Rangers Season Zero. And I think that we all know the history behind that.

In checking Amazon, all I see for upcoming releases is TimeRanger for July 31st. Hmmm..... in checking TVN's Wiki page, it doesn't list MegaRanger, Gingaman, GoGoV, or TimeRanger as licensed.
But Mega, Ginga and GoGoV are all already out. And actually, Saban first tried to bring Bioman over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcn5Iemz0SU

Even though this pitch uses Zyu footage, there are hints that other footage is reused from earlier pitches.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by TorchWood »

aresef wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:57 am But Mega, Ginga and GoGoV are all already out.
A hint for someone to update that Wiki page.
aresef wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 8:57 am And actually, Saban first tried to bring Bioman over.
True, but Bioman was the mid-80s adaption attempt following the success of Voltron (from GoLion), and we see the initial concepts that were later incorporated into MMPR adaption. Having said that, I had also heard that Jetman was also supposed to be the last Super Sentai series due to the poor performance of the previous few series of Super Sentai, so the producers at the time decided to eff it, pull out all the stops, and go out with a bang, and instead got one of the most popular and beloved Super Sentai series.... that almost got adapted into MMPR. So, I will stand by my argument that Jetman is MMPR Season 0.

Of course, we all know how well the adaptions got nerfed for American audience, which is why we prefer the Japanese originals with subtitles, thankyouverymuchTVNihon.

So rather than argue over semantics, lets plant this ear worm.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvwKKYUCwQk
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by TorchWood »

Jetman is now up for pre-order at Amazon.

No sign of GaoRanger.

Return to “Off Topic”