Goodbye 2018 / Hello 2019

Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Goodbye 2018 / Hello 2019

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Nothing really big happened to me this past year, besides my sister moving out to go live with a friend a few towns over. We still text each other but, I've had to get used to living by myself. Hey, maybe in 2019, I'll get my own house; I'll see what happens.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

Vim Crony wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:08 pmHey, I was wondering has there been interest in subbing any of the Darna series? That would get me excited. :-) Just a suggestion.
Old movies? 2005 series? Or 2009 series? To me, it's a BIG no for several reasons.

I know I watched some of Darna series on the local TV network, but from what I know they didn't release the TV series pretty much on VCD (lesser than SD) and/or DVD. I saw most of the raws are crappy TVrip uploaded to YouTube. So I guess the Filipino locals outside are low on video resources, or did they.

XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

My 2018 was quite a busy one. spent a lot of time training to run my first half marathon, which I completed in 1hr 55min in less than desirable rain. Spent some time traveling to other countries again, including the very beautiful Malta for some winter sun. I also managed to complete 1000 miles of running in 2018

As a result of that, I havent had the time to watch much toku, only recently finished watching Garo S1. Might be able to change that this year, but that might be difficult as I am currently in training for a Duathlon and then 2 half marathons later this year.

I should also be making a return to America this year with a visit to San Francisco, where I am scheduled to do a half marathon over the golden gate bridge. And with any luck, meet up with noko and Triple M.

I will have to see how my dealings of depression go as to if I can make a return to fansubbing this year. Running has helped greatly with it. But its a daily battle.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

XIII wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:12 amI should also be making a return to America this year with a visit to San Francisco, where I am scheduled to do a half marathon over the golden gate bridge. And with any luck, meet up with noko and Triple M.

I will have to see how my dealings of depression go as to if I can make a return to fansubbing this year. Running has helped greatly with it. But its a daily battle.
Ground rules, no one gets stabbed in the dick.

But yeah, if you ever feel up for it, we'd love to have you back! That door will always be open.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

2018 was a doozy for me.

started out unemployed, got a job offer the day my unemployment ended.

moved out and away from a now former friend who turned into an extremely toxic roommate. now living on my own. struggling, but I keep thinking if my finances stabilize, I have a shot.

love life is going ok, could be better, could be worse.

if I've never said it before, I want to thank you guys. you're an amazing fansub group that has stayed in the game FAR longer than most others, and it shows. from your professionalism, to your sheer knowledge, I am grateful every week when I come here to feed my obsession(s) and discuss.
Kurokage X
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Garo Makai Senki
Dreamy: Kiriko
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Yakuza Video Games
Quote: "Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present." Unknown
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Kurokage X »

2018 was not a completely good year on my end

finished my first semester in computer science classes then the next semester came and I dropped it. Haven't been to the gym too often, which would be even less since I'm in a podcast.

A game I looked forward to came to pc so I can finally play it and visited my relatives in a different country.

Now I hope this year can be much better since I'm starting to take more action. With the help of the people in here and in other places, I hope things turn out well for me
Currently Watching
Super Sentai: Kiramager
Kamen Rider: Saber
Ultraman: Z

Finished Watching
Super Sentai: Go Onger-Gokaiger, Kyoryuger Onward
Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Kabuto, Kiva, Fourze Onward
Ultraman: Gaia, Nexus, X, Orb-R/B
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sounds like the struggle has been real in the last year. Keep at it guys! Nothing's ever going to be completely easy, but hopefully things will get better!
teku
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz, Kabuto
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFP Healer

Post by teku »

Mixed 2018... our 10th anniversary with my wife & 4 wonderful kids. My parents got the chance to perform hajj, my MIL had a stroke and still recuperating slowly... being ridiculously audited at work by internal auditor is very troublesome...

Enjoyed watching Build and Zi-O plus R/B with my kids but no answer for “when next R/B will come” kind of question.
Change of gov’t on 9 May 2018 is a big thing here. After 60+ years.... Celebrated by many initially but it is mixed now – loads of unfulfilled election promises.

Not much contribution to this forum, just strolling around and download the episodes via torrent only.

Happy 2019 everyone :D !
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

R/B is moving sloooowly. Wish I could give a more detailed response!
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

if my calculations are correct i am looking for shinkengers 10th year movie :P
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:48 pm
XIII wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:12 amI should also be making a return to America this year with a visit to San Francisco, where I am scheduled to do a half marathon over the golden gate bridge. And with any luck, meet up with noko and Triple M.

Ground rules, no one gets stabbed in the dick.

But yeah, if you ever feel up for it, we'd love to have you back! That door will always be open.
Just keep Triple M away from the beer, i think he might be the frisky one
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
summoner2183
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by summoner2183 »

2018 has been a pretty good year I think... 2019 is a brand new start since my twin daughters start school for the 1st time on the 14th this month XD.
neonblue2
Gabu
Favorite series: A lot
My boom: Kitties!

Post by neonblue2 »

takenoko wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:11 pm Hey double congratulations on that!

Return to “Off Topic”