XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Oct 22, 2019 T-N turns 17!

Post by XIII »

Whoops, completly missed this thread while on epic vacation in San Francisco and LA. Well, at least myself and Triple_M had an unofficial drink to mark this even if we didnt know fully while we were hanging out with Takenoko in a very hot city.

Its been a crazy journey for a lot of us that have been here for so long now, we have seen so many people come and go over the years, seen so mant good and bad shows cycle. The change in technology over the last few years as well has been crazy. I rememeber having to investigate and learn how to do blu-ray decryption and encoding.

Here is to another few years (id raise a glass, but its too feckin cold after getting back into the UK and now dealing with jetlag)
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:45 am My own business just recently turned 20. So I can safely say that no group or organization makes it this long without some big challenges along the way.
Ah yes, what might have been, the choices that I and others could have made differently. Definitely feel like there were a bunch of things I'd do different now than I would have in my youth.
XIII wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:40 pm Its been a crazy journey for a lot of us that have been here for so long now, we have seen so many people come and go over the years, seen so mant good and bad shows cycle. The change in technology over the last few years as well has been crazy. I rememeber having to investigate and learn how to do blu-ray decryption and encoding.

Here is to another few years (id raise a glass, but its too feckin cold after getting back into the UK and now dealing with jetlag)
Yeah, I gave myself last weekend off (totally forgot we had a break in TV airings so that helped too) and hung out with a couple guys from the group. I met az last month in England for the first time, and this was my first time meeting triple m in person. Pretty crazy to think we've known each other over the internet for more than a decade.

Oh yeah, and the change in tech too! I'm currently archiving my divx/xvid fansub collection from my CD/DVD burns to an external harddrive. Remember the days when you could store 3-4 episodes per disc? Jeez.

Haha, sounds like someone's gotten spoiled by the California weather
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

Aye, its been a good number of years and was good fun, maybe we can get a few more people together in Vegas in a couple of years time

The weather did spoil me while i was out there, this morning it was 0c/32f when I went off to Parkrun.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
darkaura
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Type: INFP Healer

Post by darkaura »

Speaking about leap in tech. Remember how you guys use to have to manually start and stop the capping. And then once that got automated then having the friio freak out on you guys, moving to a better capper hardware. Then finding a way to do webrips. Man in just the time I've been here which was like 7 years give or take we've come a long ways.

Return to “Off Topic”