Complacent masses
Favorite series: Fourze
2nd Favorite Series: DekaRanger
Favorite Band: Galneryus
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: What's your TN origin story?

Post by amaraochan »

I came across TV-Nihon while tying to find a way to watch Super Sentai in college. Started with the currently airing Dekaranger and shortly after I started Faiz and Justiriser after seeing some of the CMs.
prowlfire
Adventure

Post by prowlfire »

I've been around since 2004, so almost near the beginning of TV-Nihon. I had just graduated from college and all I remember is seeing a picture of PGSM Mercury (may have even been Darkury) thinking it was cosplay only to find out it was from an actual show. That led me to TV-Nihon and Deka/Magi is what got me to stick around. Never would've guessed that I'd still be here after all of these years, but I don't see myself hanging up my toku hat anytime soon, so I'll be here a while longer. I've completed every sentai series since then except for Gosei (only made it 15 eps in on that one) and almost every KR series since I started with Kabuto, which is still one of my favorites series ever despite the writing in the last third haha.

While Sentai/KR is what I mostly watch these days, to prove that hey I do watch other stuff TV-Nihon subs:
-RyuKenDo is must watch
-Rescue Force's 1st OP "Story" is criminally underrated
Reversemoon
There are four lights!
There are four lights!

Post by Reversemoon »

So I was always big into Power Rangers, but stopped watching around the start of high school (not because I stopped liking it, but because I wanted to sleep in on Saturday mornings), and one day one of my classmates comes in to my English class and says "Power Rangers is getting cancelled because the next season is too Japanese." That statement got me real curious about what that show was like. I looked it up on YouTube, was immediately hooked, and kept watching until... I caught up.

I eventually realized (because whoever was uploading the videos didn't remove the title cards), that TV-Nihon was responsible for subbing the show, and I've been here for 12 years.
(Shinkenger's crossover episode also introduced me to Kamen Rider Decade.)
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

ive been a member for 5 years, but im pretty sure i was downloading your stuff since before then as i think my first subs from you guys were transformers g1 japanese series. then i got myself into super sentai and here i am. i believe i use you guys specifically for all my sentai as your subs are still readable on a TV screen when i hook up my external to my TV or blu ray player.
jedimax
7X

Post by jedimax »

I stared watching during the year you guys were doing Kabuto, Boukenger, etc. It started with watching Faiz and MagiRanger that someone had posted on YouTube. Got the website name off those and have been a loyal follower ever since.
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

I´ve stuck like glue since you guys released PGSM, which was in late 2003 i believe?
Dax
Infinity
Favorite series: Gokai / Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Shinken / Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Avatar by me.

Post by Dax »

When I was a kid in France he had Bioman (and Bioman II (aka Maskman) and Bioman III (aka Liveman)) and some other tokus like X-Or (Gavan) or San Ku Kai (Uchū kara no Messēji: Ginga Taisen). Apparently when I was like under 6 I spent a lot of time raving about how Metalder (Choujinki Metalder) was awesome because he was never sick and he ate nuts and bolts with oil for breakfast. A few years later, when we got the French dub for Power Rangers, I was one of those kids in school who would tell the others who didn't know that "Power Rangers is just like Bioman but they have American actors instead of Japanese, look you can even see when they're transformed it switches to the Japanese show." I continued to watch that for a few years because we no longer had it directly from Japan, and then outgrew it not long after "In Space".

Jump to... spring of 2006 I think, I was living alone at the time and I'm not really sure of how exactly but I ended up thinking, "Hey, how are the original Japanese shows that the Americans transformed into Power Rangers? I remember I watched Bioman and others as a Kid, I'm sure nowadays with how there's lots of anime fansub I should be able to find some fansub of those series." And so I started to search, and found your releases uploaded to youtube at the time. Boukenger wasn't far along, and I started to watch in parallel Magiranger and Boukenger. Since Magiranger was finished though I concentrated on that and then switched to Boukenger towards the middle or end of the run. That's also when I decided to try my hand at Kamen Rider, so I watched all of Den-O.

By the time Gekiranger and Kiva were starting, I had seen all of Kabuto as well and was well underway into Dekaranger and I had switched to actually finding your site and downloading directly from the direct download links provided on the board. And I've been following your releases ever since.
Completed
Sentai: From Deka to Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider: From Ryuki to Zi-O
Other: GARO, Cutie Honey, Sh15uya, Tokusatsu GaGaGa
Tuss4
Train man
Favorite series: Faiz
Dreamy: Ayame Misaki
Favorite Actor?: Myself
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Tuss4 »

Been a fan since 2004. I grew up watching Power Rangers and Saban's Masked Rider and I remember looking up Masked Rider in a library and seeing an image of Faiz. After searching for this dope image, I stumbled upon TV Nihon, the Kamen Rider franchise and the Super Sentai franchise. Haven't looked back!

Skull Rider
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Other rider series
Favorite Band: Maximum The Hormone
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Funya~

Post by Skull Rider »

I've been following TN since KR Decade, so about 10 years.

It was a quick Google search for KR Decade with Eng sub.

And here I am.

Keep up the good works and thank you TN!
Completed : V3, Amazon, Black, Black RX, ZX, Shin, J, ZO, Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, Faiz, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim, Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid
That_FaizGuy
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by That_FaizGuy »

I came on board when you were subbing Faiz and was blown away by Blade! Been a rider/sentai fan ever since! Thank you!!!
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i know i've been here since it started but i honestly don't remember how my experince started.

All i seem to put together is Ivoidz.net, Hurricanger, and editing scripts on a WebTV on my very small room.
yes and Helping with the mIRC File Servers.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

I discovered toku in the form of Sentai around the time Power Rangers RPM came out and I accidentally found Go-Onger videos on YouTube while looking for RPM stuff. Then I just let the Japanese content fall into my subconcsious for a while.

I got back into Sentai near the end of ToQger and I figured "hey, those TV-Nihon guys make pretty stylish subs" and so I started downloading your subs.
My first full series was Ninninger, for better or for worse, and kept coming since.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

My friend got me into Super Sentai and the next day, I looked up the one he recommended, being Gokaiger. I saw this site, downloaded all 7 episodes at the time, and got hooked. I've been loyal ever since!!
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Seems like somewhere around 8 years. I was excited for the return of Power Rangers with Samurai, but heard that Shinkenger was a lot better, so I sought out where to get it, and landed here. Watched Gokaiger soon after, and never could get back to Saban. Later got into Riders as well. First Decade, then on from there. Wizard was the first one I was following live. I eventually watched some older stuff as well. Kiva was my favorite pre-Decade Rider, Dairanger my favorite pre-Shinken Sentai (though my pool right now is only Abare [Imagination Station] and Go-Onger beyond that). Eventually got into Garo as well.

Right now, I am holding off Zero-One to build a backlog so I can binge through it when the time is right.I am already watching Ryusoul so that is a weekly watch, though. My only other dose of Japanese media is One Piece. Gokaiger may have been over for many years now, but I still need my pirate fix from somewhere, and downloading unlicensed fansubs just does not cut it.

Speaking of which, I have a confession to make. Back when you did Shinkenger, you always plastered "Not for stream" on the sponsor message, but I used your MegaUpload DDL links to watch it through Megavideo all the time, to save me the hassle of downloading. These days, I just let my home server torrent it and then load it on my phone to watch on the train.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

If I remember correctly. The way I found TV-Nihon was from the Gekiranger subs. From that point I went back and watched everything you did before. Than started checking on all the side stuff. Like the Yugioh Toei series. Eventually diving into KR. Because, why not.

Return to “Off Topic”