gekiwaza
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Keitai Sousakan 7
Dreamy: The KS7 female cast
My boom: mic

Re: Enough with the bloody spoilers!

Post by gekiwaza »

I have to agree with most of the people on here. The discussions are for things that have been released by TN, not for things like "This guy/team gets a new -insert weapon, mecha, form, power, team member, etc. here- sometime in the next 20 episodes." If you want to discuss spoilers, there are forums out there that have threads for spoilers. TN's forum is NOT one of those forums.

Slightly off topic, but something that is also against the rules that happens a lot: If you watch the episode RAW, don't bring it up in the episode discussion or any where else on the forum and chat. Mainly due to the fact, that no one here really gives a shit. This is a huge pet peeve of mine, because I hate post like "I watched this RAW. I didn't really know what was going on, because I couldn't really understand what they were saying. But I did see that -insert random event- occurred in this episode."
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

wow a member who is peeved off with spoilers,

The mods would have an easier job if people didn't spoil so much, hell I think a record number of people suffered bans just for spoiling the first two eps of Decade,

It would be nice if people didnt post spoilers since it wouldnt make me a grouchy mod all the time

As for series that aired years ago, spoilers are gonna be expected, but we are abit touchy should you infringe on a series that we are subbing but havent finished such as Kuuga and Ryuki
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Azazel wrote:As for series that aired years ago, spoilers are gonna be expected, but we are abit touchy should you infringe on a series that we are subbing but havent finished such as Kuuga and Ryuki
Some thoughts on that. Within the context of Decade, I don't think these things should be considered spoilers if they appear. For example, the mystery rider who appeared in a silhouette in episode 3, or the Ryuki riders from episode 6 that we haven't seen yet, or any of Kuuga's forms. I think anybody who asks a question like "Who is that?" should be entitled to an answer. "Oh, that's [name] from Ryuki. He hasn't appeared in our subs yet, so no talking about him outside of this forum" or "That's Kuuga's [name] Form...".
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

There are rules in the Decade forum about what or what you can't say because we knew about these problems. The rules are there. If you break them, it's your own damn fault.
wingform84
Go Go!
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Decade
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz or KR Den-O
Dreamy: Queen (Saki Kagami)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Model Kits

Post by wingform84 »

I hate spoilers too, but then there is one problem with the rules of "spoiler" on the forum. Along the same thread that CarterSensei was saying back in his post sometimes what the mods consider not a spoiler, because TV-Nihon has completed the project, may be a spoiler to some people. At this point, other than being way behind on Ryuki (only watched up to 22 :lol: ), I've actually watched all of the Kamen Rider series that TV-Nihon has done, including those few episodes of Kuuga, so as far as I go, I can't really be "spoiled" on these series.

But say Bob just found Kamen Rider when Decade started, wanted to go back and watch the ones he could find, DLed them all and watched some of it, but not all. So say he's just starting Blade, only up to episode 10 or so, and doesn't know very much about what happened. True while it is an AU version of the Blade world, there still will be talk about how they became riders in the original or Decade, or several other things that could be said about the big noticeable differences between the two. So that spoils the series for poor Bob.

I dunno, as much as I hate spoilers too, in a way it doesn't seem like "protect the people who doesn't wanna be spoiled" its "protect what we're working on" :lol: Either way its still a spoiler, but just because it's completely done by TV-Nihon (or a partner group, I know they have at least one.. maybe two?) doesn't mean everyone that will see the thread will have seen it.

Though I do wonder about one little thing. When it comes to Ryuki, didn't someone say that TV-Nihon did the complete series years ago, but were now re-doing it with just better quality DVD rips or somthing? So technically, shouldn't it be considered a complete series? while sure newer people never saw the old version, some of the older ones did :lol:
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Post by XIII »

wingform84 wrote:Though I do wonder about one little thing. When it comes to Ryuki, didn't someone say that TV-Nihon did the complete series years ago, but were now re-doing it with just better quality DVD rips or somthing? So technically, shouldn't it be considered a complete series? while sure newer people never saw the old version, some of the older ones did :lol:
We have never completed Ryuki, we are only now working towards finishing it
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
ShadowX7
NagoSan
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Fourze, P4A/G
Quote: "Misunderstandings happens all the time, more so on the internet."

Post by ShadowX7 »

Even though I'm immune to spoilers (kinda) I guess it's a bad thing if someone got spoiled because they didn't watch previews to save the suprise for the next episode or getting spoiled by people who saw the raw version.

Okay, so it's considered a spoiler (in the Decade forum) to mention rider's name that TV-N haven't subbed right? What about people who haven't watched all of TV-N's Kamen Rider sub? And also, what if "X" rider appeared in Decade (Not hidden or in a sillhouette) and his name wasn't mentioned but someone said it in the forum? Is that a spoiler as well?

P.S. Just because I'm immune to spoiler doesn't mean that I agree in spoiling stuff for other people or spoil stuff to other people (at least I think I never spoiled anything to other people)
"You count the medals, one, two, and three! Life goes on, anything goes, coming up OOO!"
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

Inevitable spoilers should be put in
Spoiler
spoiler
tags, right?

I mean, that's why they're there, right? :3

Like, if someone asked who're these riders who appears as silhouettes, or who's this rider who has a crap load of minions with him, you should answer him /her who it was, but put it in spoiler tags like so:

Spoiler
That's KR Delta from Faiz and KR Taiga from Ryuki or that's KR Imperer

the spoiler would be there, but it is presented in a way so other forum readers are given the option to spoil themselves or not. xD Also the spoiler should be limited to the answers to the given question ONLY. Any other info regarding as to how or why this guy has this or that should be answered if it was directly asked(Or better yet watch the damn show yourself). xD
LanEvoXRacer
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Back-On
My boom: Cardfight!! Vanguard
Quote: "Henshin!"

Post by LanEvoXRacer »

Do you know how much i hate spoilers? I hate spoilers so much that every time the ending preview plays, I close my eyes. I feel that if i don't watch the preview, I will feel happier watching the show that way. Maybe TVN should also cut the preview at the end and make that a separate torrent. XD Anyway, thank you people for expressing yourself about how you feel about spoilers. I was wondering when would someone bring this topic up.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:Inevitable spoilers should be put in
Spoiler
spoiler
tags, right?

I mean, that's why they're there, right? :3

Like, if someone asked who're these riders who appears as silhouettes, or who's this rider who has a crap load of minions with him, you should answer him /her who it was, but put it in spoiler tags like so:

Spoiler
That's KR Delta from Faiz and KR Taiga from Ryuki or that's KR Imperer

the spoiler would be there, but it is presented in a way so other forum readers are given the option to spoil themselves or not. xD Also the spoiler should be limited to the answers to the given question ONLY. Any other info regarding as to how or why this guy has this or that should be answered if it was directly asked(Or better yet watch the damn show yourself). xD
I would agree with you, but one of the rules that TVN has laid down is that no-one posts spoilers to episodes they haven't subbed. This might be brand new shows like Decade or Shinkenger, or it might be shows they have started retroactively but not completed, such as Faiz. I think that's fair enough, I would agree with you spoiler tags should be used, but they are for spoilers in currently subbed episodes.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

LanEvoXRacer wrote:Do you know how much i hate spoilers? I hate spoilers so much that every time the ending preview plays, I close my eyes. I feel that if i don't watch the preview, I will feel happier watching the show that way. Maybe TVN should also cut the preview at the end and make that a separate torrent. XD Anyway, thank you people for expressing yourself about how you feel about spoilers. I was wondering when would someone bring this topic up.
I'm totally the same, I do that for Doctor Who as well. Now THERE'S a show its hard to avoid spoilers for. You have to skip the next week preview, dodge the adverts that come on all the time, glance over everything you read (even national newspapers) to make sure there's nothing that sounds like it's leading to a spoiler. Season 3 was spoiled for me by wikipedia and some jumped up kids tv presenter that was inexplicably on a morning talk show. He had seen some episodes before they aired and thought he was being really coy with his little clues as to what was going on, but even the presenter that had him on as a guest knew exactly what he was talking about, as did we all.

The tv guide as well! Ohhh the tv guide, every time an enemy returns they plaster pictures all over the front page. Most notable was in the episode when the Cybermen returned. Throughout the episode they just showed bits of them at a time, out of focus and building up to the great reveal at the end. The TV guide had had a full body picture of them on the front cover all week. Season 4 comes around and they have storylines for every episode before the first one has even aired! Luckily this was easy to skip over as I had been warned about it before, but then they have a bloody PICTURE of a returning character right at the end! THAT was not so easy to miss, even out the corner of my eye I knew exactly who it was, and thus another spoiled season.

And then there's chat rooms, forums, radio shows (and not DW specific ones either!), it drives me nuts, I have to go into bloody seclusion just to watch my favourite show in peace.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

harpdevil wrote:
I would agree with you, but one of the rules that TVN has laid down is that no-one posts spoilers to episodes they haven't subbed. This might be brand new shows like Decade or Shinkenger, or it might be shows they have started retroactively but not completed, such as Faiz. I think that's fair enough, I would agree with you spoiler tags should be used, but they are for spoilers in currently subbed episodes.
I see. Then it only falls on the posters' fault, if they aren't updated on shows that are subbed by TVN other than Decade(like me), or anyone for that matter, that they tread carefully as to what sort of spoiler they would be posting. None the less, if such sort of information containing spoilers is to be posted, spoiler tags are needed, lest ye dare face the wrath of the mighty TVN forum admin/mods.

On the other hand, if questions that end in inevitable spoilers are to arise, it would be better to look for the answers somewhere else. It is the internet, after all. Heck, you can use Youtube's comment system to get spoiled or even spoil everyone else, if you're that evil. ^^;
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

LanEvoXRacer wrote:Do you know how much i hate spoilers? I hate spoilers so much that every time the ending preview plays, I close my eyes. I feel that if i don't watch the preview, I will feel happier watching the show that way. Maybe TVN should also cut the preview at the end and make that a separate torrent.
A separate torrent of 30 seconds doesn't really make much sense... Just switch off the player or change the video when you hit the previews.
sydwert
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by sydwert »

is talking about a preview of a subsequent unreleased episode in the latest subbed episode a spoiler? cuz my post got edited for that
the post was something like this:
"what about xxxxx that is to appear in the next episode?"
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

^ yes, it is clearly stated in the rules. No talking about the previews in the subbed episode.

Return to “Off Topic”