Spoilers suck dawg

zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Enough with the bloody spoilers!

Post by zeta_gundam »

BTW, how do you people feel about those who use excessive spoiler tags? Like 13849372897 spoiler tags in one single post. I know takenoko gets pissed by them once in a while due to its redundancy.
KickHopper
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: KR W & Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Keitei Sousakan 7
Dreamy: Why yes I am
Favorite Actor?: Watanabe Hiroyuki
Favorite Band: Royksopp
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Film Noir
Quote: "Walking the path of Hell, the man who serves no one."

Post by KickHopper »

Spoiler tags should only be used for either massive image posts (and if you have more than like five images just put them in one spoiler tag, not one tag per image), or for hiding comments on something revealing in an episode that might be a surprise, but even then if you're reading comments to an episode you haven't watched yet you're asking for spoilers anyway. And again, less is best.
ImageImage
Supernova-IXA
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen rider Den-o
Dreamy: Touko Asano
Favorite Actor?: Nakamura Yuichi
Favorite Band: AAA
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Aruku Keitai
Quote: "My Appetite is Huge, but My thirst for Adrenaline rush and Kamen Riders is even bigger."

Post by Supernova-IXA »

Um, i guess for a newcomer here i ain't doing a good job for others by spoiling K7 and i have received 2 Warning Messages already.

I am gonna edit all my spoiler-posts starting now
YouTube Channel(Full of Reviews, Specials and MVs): http://www.youtube.com/SasukeKenzan

Takoyaki, Kobe, broth... There are 3,543,280 related results. What an interesting way of eating.

'W' Results in 5,937,631 related searches...
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Anything in an episode we haven't released is a spoiler. We remove what we deem as spoiler material. This is to individual moderator discretion (though we all agree on what's done anyway so there's no differentiation).

Read the rules folks. It's all in there.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
dragonair00
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Favorite series: oNe PieCe
2nd Favorite Series: KaMeN RiDeR

Post by dragonair00 »

LanEvoXRacer wrote:Do you know how much i hate spoilers? I hate spoilers so much that every time the ending preview plays, I close my eyes. I feel that if i don't watch the preview, I will feel happier watching the show that way. Maybe TVN should also cut the preview at the end and make that a separate torrent. XD Anyway, thank you people for expressing yourself about how you feel about spoilers. I was wondering when would someone bring this topic up.
i think its not a good idea..its ok to show a little bit preview for the next episode just to make people more eager to see the next episode.in fact..all movies has its preview before the show comes out..but dont tell the whole story..it will make the story becomes boring..
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

gh0stwrit3r wrote:
harpdevil wrote:
I would agree with you, but one of the rules that TVN has laid down is that no-one posts spoilers to episodes they haven't subbed. This might be brand new shows like Decade or Shinkenger, or it might be shows they have started retroactively but not completed, such as Faiz. I think that's fair enough, I would agree with you spoiler tags should be used, but they are for spoilers in currently subbed episodes.
I see. Then it only falls on the posters' fault, if they aren't updated on shows that are subbed by TVN other than Decade(like me), or anyone for that matter, that they tread carefully as to what sort of spoiler they would be posting. None the less, if such sort of information containing spoilers is to be posted, spoiler tags are needed, lest ye dare face the wrath of the mighty TVN forum admin/mods.

On the other hand, if questions that end in inevitable spoilers are to arise, it would be better to look for the answers somewhere else. It is the internet, after all. Heck, you can use Youtube's comment system to get spoiled or even spoil everyone else, if you're that evil. ^^;
Well no not really, its rather simple.
Only post about things that have happened in that episode and you'll be fine.
If you're posting in an episode thread with information you got from a later episode (providing it has been subbed by TVN) then put it spoiler tags.
If you are posting information from another season of a show that HAS been subbed by TVN then put it in spoiler tags.
If you are posting information from another episode or season of a show that HAS NOT been subbed by TVN, then don't, because it will get edited and you will be banned.

Decade is rather a different monster because it has past seasons actually within the show itself, to which I would recommend only talking about things that happened in that particular episode to avoid banning. This does not include the next week previews, they are counted as part of the next episode and can not be talked about in episode threads.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
gh0stwrit3r
Kamen Knight
My boom: Grounded

Post by gh0stwrit3r »

^that's... what I would've wanted to say. o.o;

So yeah, the bottom line is, stick with what happened in that particular subbed episode minus the previews. For any other vital information that's not from the episode at hand, use common sense. Use spoiler tags. They are free, btw. xD
antiemo19
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-o
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Edward Norton
Favorite Band: R.E.M
My boom: Kuuga

Post by antiemo19 »

Takenoko is Fontaine!!!! But seriously I personally wait till at least 2 weeks after something has been released to talk about it outside of the current episode threads and if it is anything major i use spoiler tags or use hints that only people that have seen the show can interpret. I also just don't talk about stuff outside of tv nihon releases.
Anime_freek22
Train man
Favorite series: GARO/Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Fuuma no Kojirou
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: well dressed pickles
Quote: "You were right all along Finn. Now I'm going to cut out Bubblegum's heart, and make out with it."

Post by Anime_freek22 »

Oh snap. The admins and mods have become super adamant about this. This really will help with spoilers. Even if you haven't read the rules, you need to be blind not to see that.
I lost The Game!
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito

Post by Dengar »

Erm, you are forgetting the people who do not know what a spoiler is, or simply can't understand why spoilers are a bad thing.

Yes, people that stupid do exist. And those people will ignore these rules and get themselves banned, but sometimes not before doing their damage.
ExodusSaint
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Dreamy: .
Favorite Actor?: is you =3
Favorite Band: Pendulum
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Halo Reach
Quote: "JUST.. EXXXXXPLAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNN!"

Post by ExodusSaint »

As Dengar says, there are people dat dum.. wish they would just get some common sense T.T

Maybe there should be a separate forum that you CAN post spoliers, like ~~~SPOILER ZONE~~~
Spoiler

TAKEN IN FALLOUT 3 (PC) USING THE KAMEN RIDER MOD, So uh no need for pm's yeah? :)
SiegeDragomon
Honey System
Favorite series: Stargate Atlantis
Dreamy: Azrael
Favorite Actor?: Yes I like Cheese
Favorite Band: HarkleFarkle
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by SiegeDragomon »

Why would anyone want a spoiler zone?
Sometimes it's best to just go along with it and avoid the explosions, other times it's fun to be the one with the detonator and an evil laugh.
den-o
7X
Favorite series: Den-O 電王, Kabuto カブト

Post by den-o »

SiegeDragomon wrote:Why would anyone want a spoiler zone?
No idea about that... What are they gonna do, brag about knowing something before others? >.>

Anyway, why do some people even read the comments to a certain episode before even watching it, and then go crying about seeing "spoilers"? IMO, that's just as retarded as posting (and bragging about) spoilers...
Pedoleon
Go Go!
Favorite series: Ultra Galaxy
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Monsterpocalypse

Post by Pedoleon »

The only instance I can possibly imagine where a separate discussion for spoilers even makes sense around here is in one area: toys. Bandai is pretty good about not releasing stuff ridiculously out of sync with TV appearances, but it does happen. For example, in the Final Form Ride series for Decade, Ryuki inexplicably came out before Kiva did. In fact, Kiva Arrow still isn't out yet, when the series has already moved on to Blade's World.

And that's to say nothing of all the numerous shots of toys in Decade, from magazines and solicitations, that are of even more spoiler-y nature.
Sanjou
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com

Post by Sanjou »

You guys should just make a spoiler section of the forum.

Limiting what people can't do say or do is almost like a communist regime here. It just makes people hate Nihon more.

"YOU CAN'T POST MUSIC!"

Return to “Off Topic”