4%

Total votes: 312
selphiesboy
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Re: How do you watch our subs?

Post by selphiesboy »

selphiesboy wrote:
takenoko wrote:Even with the new shows? I assume it's the SD that you download?
yes it is the SD, The 360 won't even load the HD. its only when i stream it thru the Xbox. once i burn it and play off the computer or DVD player its fine.
I just checked my settings and noticed there were two options that were turned on that cause problems. Do you know how long this has been happening and with which shows?

for as long as i've downloaded from TV Nihon. I first noticed it with my old Gekiranger Episodes. i forgot about it, then tried Decade, same issue. W and OOO as well. i sort of forgot about it after i got a DVD player that could read burnt Data Disks of the episodes, but i recently started streaming them thru the Xbox to save time, and i realized it still did that, i thought it was the Xbox, not the actual files.
GenBoy
Go Go!
Dreamy: Momochi Kasumi
Favorite Actor?: Sammo Hung
Favorite Band: Linkin Park
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: ~Searching~
Quote: Every technology ages, John. The only thing that never gets old is connecting with people.

Post by GenBoy »

it depends, cause i checked three boxes. but most of the time i watch the show in streaming site, and if i have time (and money), i DDL the show not from MU but from a local hosting files in my country. and the last of it is a fourth option, but the term "someone else" in this mean someone else burn it to DVD and sell it a.k.a. i watched a kaizoku version dvd. Kaizoku version dvd is so fuzzy because they compress it, and as a result i cannot read some colored fonts in the video, example: your Mole Imagin colored font.

And do you archive the file after you watch it (burn to CD/DVD or put on an external HD, etc), or just watch and delete?
i am a pack rat a.k.a. i'm always save the movie and subbed PV file(s) that i like to my oniisan external HD.
umrain

Post by umrain »

Azazel wrote:
umrain wrote:1. Get from Usenet. (a bit surprised that everything still ends up posted there but it does)
O.o

just did a search and couldnt see anything for our releases
[T-N]Heartcatch is up there at least. (in alt.binaries.multimedia.anime.highspeed) I only started using it again recently so I don't if anything else is actually there.
gnomekingofpain
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
My boom: gachapon
Quote: Needs must when the devil drives.

Post by gnomekingofpain »

JustiFan wrote:
gnomekingofpain wrote:I stick the episodes on an external drive until there is enough to fill a DVD and then make a burned backup. I don't trust hard drives they all fail eventually...
I'm in the same boat. I've not had the best luck with external hard drives: the one I'm using to back stuff up on at the moment is one that's prone to random data corruption, replacing stuff with weird files & folders named as random characters, and when I open those folders it actually brings up a duplicate of the root folder again - I right-click on the drive and go to properties, and stare in amazement as my 250GB hard drive apparently has 2...3...4...5TB of stuff on it and just keeps on climbing! :shock:

I was getting a lot of use out of a 320GB external that I could plug into the TV, then watch whatever I had stored on there directly through the TV. Great for quickly watching downloaded stuff on something that wasn't my computer, but all of a sudden that packed up as well... :(
I'm actually surprised at how many people are trusting hard drives. Even the best quality one is going to break eventually. My main computers have been laptops (mostly Macs) for over a decade so I have used a lot of external memory for a long time and it is a simple fact that they all have a secret countdown running until they break your heart. Generally the longer they last just means the more you lose and the harder the data is to replace when it fails. I've actually fallen way behind on making backups and it is actually starting to make me twitchy. Time to pick up a 100 count DVD spindle and get to work.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, but it's not like DVDs last forever either. Scratch it and it's ruined. Plus who knows how long the dye lasts?

Harddrives fail, but they shouldn't be failing constantly. Plus externals are relatively cheap. I have a back up and I back up my back ups. So even if my main computer dies, I'm not going to lose everything
gnomekingofpain
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
My boom: gachapon
Quote: Needs must when the devil drives.

Post by gnomekingofpain »

Sure if you have the space for backups you can be safe but no matter how much I seem to add in externals there always is more to down load to fill them. At a rough estimate to take what I've got right now on DVDs and hard drives I need at least 100tb in drives just to have one copy and one backup. Even with as cheap as drives have gotten there is no way I could pull that off. Certainly others my have better luck but I have never had an external last more than 4 years. On the other hand I have had decent luck with not scratching DVDs and they are convenient since we watch most stuff via the PS3, 360, or old modded first gen xBox. (sadly the old xbox is the most cross compatible since it runs a version of mplayer, but it can't handle newer files, mostly HD ones). I can plug my cmputer into the TV and run it directly but the set up is a pain in the ass and I like be able to look stuff up while we watch shows and it only works right if the screens are mirrored so that is out.

Ultimately it just goes to show that different solutions work best for different people.
famicomman
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuranger
Dreamy: Megumi-san!!
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Nihongo

Post by famicomman »

I just download them via the torrents, drag and drop the MP4 file onto a USB and plug the USB into the back of my TV. Plays like a dream.
NIPPON BANZAI!! JOIN THE REBELLION!!
RetroJaro
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Super Sentai
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider

Post by RetroJaro »

Usually torrent new releases, but mostly I DDL.

I also try to archive them. Save them to my external or something.. Is there even a place to request burned DVDs?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

We don't burn DVDs, but sometimes people get friends with greater bandwidth to burn them episodes.
EndlessWaltz24
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Dreamy: Hirata Yuka (Mele)
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by EndlessWaltz24 »

Lol, can't wait til people start burning blu-rays. You'll have several series in just one disc XD
Derachi
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Myself
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: 80 Ghosts!

Post by Derachi »

I utorrent all of it, then store it all on an external hard drive. I have all of TV-Nihon's Rider and Sentai stuff (except the few Timeranger episodes, which I'm getting now) on said drive, HD versions when applicable. To watch it, I stream it through my Xbox 360 to my TV, but I'm looking into PS3 Media Server stuff.
guile_bio
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite Band: Weezer
Alignment: Neutral

Post by guile_bio »

I torrent most of the time, but in rare cases, I use DDLs.

I've deleted alot of the shows I've downloaded, making GARO the "only" complete show that I have.
bill157698
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Kiva/W
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Doctor Who

Post by bill157698 »

Personally I use torrents then move over to external HD then watch it on my blu-ray player but for some reason it digitizes the older sentai series.
Watching: Gokaiger, Dairanger, Zyuranger, Abaranger, Jetman, Liveman, Faiz, Hibiki
Completed:Shinkenger, Goseiger, Magiranger, Dekaranger, Decade, Boukenger,Go-Onger, Ryuki, Blade, Gekiranger, Den O, Kabuto, W, OOO
SeonArikale
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Favorite Band: UVERworld
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Mecha

Post by SeonArikale »

As one of the newer viewers of the awesome subs you guys have been putting out, I have a couple ways that I view the subs. Generally I'll download them either through BT or a DDL, then using PS3 Media server, I'll stream them to the TV connected to my PS3 so I get to sit back and relax. For the HD stuff this is probably the most enjoyable way to watch. Once I finish with a series if I enjoyed it enough I'll back it up to an external drive. If not well..then i kinda just delete it.

Return to “Off Topic”