WHAT IS WITH ALL THE SISTER COMPLEX?!

For the Riders we have not graced with our touch...yet

Do you want riders to have siscom?

Yes! Riders are lonely! They need emotional support from family! And siscom is hot.. I mean heartwarming..
50%
No! This cliché is boring ... AND it's poisoning our children 's innocent mind!
25%
Whatever, I'm waiting for Seto Koji kissing Mizushima Hiro. Right girls?
13%
What is siscom?
13%

Total votes: 8
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

WHAT IS WITH ALL THE SISTER COMPLEX?!

Post by squashy »

As to celebrate another Valentine of a loner like me, I roll in my blanket counting up all the fun I have had with tokusatsu till now. It's not like I'm not saying I'm an otaku who does't have a life without mangas or sexy always-wear-miniskirt toku actresses or anything.

And you know. Valentine. Love. I unconsciously link love stuff together. Hmm, Kamen Riders never last long with typical romance... Wonder if that's true...

- First one I watched is Blade. Never finish it though. Partly because that Amane keeps crazing about Hajime. Poor guy, you won't get no girls if they see you with a kid like that.

- Ryuki. Full of hard gay humor. Understandable since there are 13 sweaty guys wearing spandex rubbing on each other. Obviously no on-screen romance here.

- Kiva. Again, haven't finished. Nonetheless it focuses on family relationship so romance is neglected.

- Kuuga. Ah, Yuusuke've got a little sister. Ah. Why must she be his sister anyway?

- Kabuto. I have absolutely no idea whatsoever why people call Tendou and Daisuke roricons. I swear to Mudkip. Also, what's up with Tsurugi's constant "Misakinu!" ?

- W. So I guess being siblings grants you telepathy and make you laugh awkwardly. Cool. Anyway Shotaro and Terui are too busy going gay over Philip so no one gets a gal. Speaking of which I'm pretty amazed that the staff even gave Terui's dead family a sister with a name (Haruko?). Japanese just do things so serious.

- The Next. FROM DEAD FAMILY TO MUTATED IDOL LITTLE SISTER!!!

Hey I just figure out something! If a rider has a little sister, he will not have a girlfriend! Which makes sense since they need riders to be cool loner! So that's why bunch of them got little sisters!

No wait...
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Re: WHAT IS WITH ALL THE SISTER COMPLEX?!

Post by OOOKaiser »

you do know Kamen Rider is a kids show right? (except Kamen Rider the first and the next movies) If it wasn't a kids show then there would be lots of sex and deaths in it... plus Kiva has romance in it I think you need to finish the show first before you judge .-.
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

So I guess you never bothered to watch any of W's movies or payed any mind to Akiko's fawning over Ryu late into the series??
Spoiler
She and Ryu get married.

And I got some serious sis-con vibes from Ryu around the time Isaka's arc was ending. Seriously, that flash-back to when they were at the zoo? And the girl he stops obsessing over revenge to protect happens to look like her (Which was specifically pointed out)? And even before that (Or was it after? Don't really remember...), the nightmare the Nightmare Dopant gives him? Of Haruko getting married.

And while I'm only twenty one episodes into Faiz, every now and again there'll be an un-subtle hint about Takumi/Mari, Keitaro's in a love triangle with Yuka and Yuka because he's too dumb to ask what "Osada-san's" given name is, Yuka has a major crush on Kaido for no reason, and Kaido really likes Mari.

So it's a love-, like, dodecahedron, only full of people I don't care about.
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Ah, well, I'm watching W. It's just that yesterday I watched the part where they show Ryuu's flashback of his family and that a sister poped up in it just makes me impossible to avoid writing this. I mean c'mon, it's like they just try to stuff an imouto wherever they can.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

first of all... what the heck is siscom? and second why you don't like sister complex and third Kamen Riders need to be lonely otherwise they'll be too distracted with their personal life. See this is why Shōwa Riders are better than Heisei Riders.
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Of course siscom is sister complex. Like, isn't that obvious?

Who said I don't like siscom? Ò w Ó
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

You shouldn't be making conclusions about stuff you haven't finished. There's deeper meanings with Amane's relationship towards Hajime in Blade. Ryuki has a female Rider so it's not 13 guys in spandex. Kiva had so much romance in it. Kuuga I can't comment on. I can't tell if you saw all of Kabuto or not. And someone already covered W.

So basically watch the damn shows in their entirely before making a thread like this.
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Ok, sry about making conclusion involving unfinished stuff. Since Kiva is so slow and kinda boring I just wrote whatever came to mind using my so-far impression. So Wataru will get romance treatment huh, interesting. But we are not talking bout that.

Femme's just there to show ya how Kamen Rider won't go well with girl and love involved.

I was totally joking bout Blade.

Kabuto is obviously the star of my thread.

And you don't strickly need to finish all the shows to list out how many shows have imouto-like characters popping up calling your riders oniichan right?
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

squashy wrote:Ok, sry about making conclusion involving unfinished stuff. Since Kiva is so slow and kinda boring I just wrote whatever came to mind using my so-far impression. So Wataru will get romance treatment huh, interesting. But we are not talking bout that.

Femme's just there to show ya how Kamen Rider won't go well with girl and love involved.

I was totally joking bout Blade.

Kabuto is obviously the star of my thread.

And you don't strickly need to finish all the shows to list out how many shows have imouto-like characters popping up calling your riders oniichan right?
there is no point to this topic if you say all of that...
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Yes there is? The poll is up there. And you are free to express your opinions bout toku script writer's tendency of making any possible character a little sister. Seriously, what's the point?
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sister complex in my Kamen Rider?!
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

lol I dunno XP. I never really thought about it deeply or cared about it. What's the big deal, though? Also explain in detail what is sister complex. Not everyone here is well acquainted with the term.

Riders that have sisters or kinda-like-sisters that factors in to the storyline
-Kazami Shiro/V3
-Murasame Ryo/ZX
-Minami Koutarou/BLACK
-Godai Yuusuke/Kuuga
-Tsugami Shouichi/Agito
-Kanzaki Shiro is not a Rider but his relationship with his sister Kanzaki Yui is an important aspect of Ryuki
-Aikawa Hajime/Chalice
-Tendou Souji/Kabuto
-Nogami Ryoutarou/Den-O
-Terui Ryu/Accel
-Izumi Shingo is not a Rider but has a sister Izumi Hina

That's actually a lot O_o, I have to say.

Interesting note; in all of the above examples except for Amane still having a mother, and V3 and Accel, all of them are orphans. ALL of them. Though, the only ones that I think qualify as sister complex is V3, ZX, Kanzaki Shiro, Kabuto, and Accel. For Chalice and Shingo, it's Amane and Hina having brother complex(Amane more brother and father).
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

You forgot Tsurugi/Sasword. He is my top fav rider until they made him blurt out "I am the man standing at top of [insert whatever exists]". But when he expressed his desire to date a woman resembling his sister, I just have to RAGE!!!

And Philip. But since he didn't know about his true relationship with Wakana it's kinda justifiable.

Just what are the script writers trying to achieve by recycling this factor over and over ... and over? =_____=
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Guardian07
Mega
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.

Post by Guardian07 »

Ah dammit, I knew I forgot some XP.

lol honestly I don't mind Tsurugi being cartoonized, even though I think I should. I guess it's just the actor is sooo good at being goofy I didn't mind it derailing everything that was built up about him...wait a sec >_<...

Like I said, not all of them have sister complex. For example with Kuuga, yes Godai and his sister have a close relationship and she was worried sick every time he went out to fight, but I wouldn't say there's any sister/brother complex going on. This is the same with most of them. Tendou, on the other hand...

What's actually puzzling is how many sister characters have popped up. Almost every Heisei show has one, and W had two...no three...no make that four(Kirihiko's sister) XP .
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Wataru doesn't have one right? At least that's as far as I watched. Please, King of Vampire having sister complex is so lame.

Yes, the number of sister character is pretty overwhelming. The case with Kuuga is exactly what I'm trying to say. Why couldn't she be a close childhood friend or even a girlfriend/ex? Her role would still remain the same. But she just have to be his imouto. >__>
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider”