4. Kamen Rider Faiz – 9.3%
5. Kamen Rider Hibiki – 8.2%
6. Kamen Rider Decade and W – 8.0%
7. Kamen Rider Blade – 7.9%
8. Kamen Rider Kabuto – 7.7%
9. Kamen Rider Den-O and OOO – 6.9%
10. Kamen Rider Kiva – 6.2%
11. Kamen Rider Fourze – 5.8%

Fourze has the lowest ratings I have ever seen. It's probably because kids did not like the costume design for Fourze. But the highest rating that an Kamen Rider Heisei era has gotten was Kamen Rider Agito.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: the tv average ratings for the Kamen Rider

Post by takenoko »

I don't think that's a worrying trend. Den-O was second lowest, yet it had many movies to come. Plus you point out that some of the highest ratings were early on in Heisei, when there was less competition. Nowadays, there's other TV shows to watch and other distractions, like the Internet or games.

Without some comparative data, there's no good way to simply interpret it as kids not liking Fourze.

http://www10.atwiki.jp/shichouseiko/pages/530.html
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Nobody really gives a crap about the ratings, its the toy sales that are important. If we could compare that between series, that would be interesting.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Catastrophe wrote:Nobody really gives a crap about the ratings, its the toy sales that are important.
True but, I'm sure if anyone would care, the TV networks would. Or Bandai, 'cause they wanna make sure people are watching the show in the first place, in order to buy the toys.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I am, the numbers really don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Let's contextualize.

Last year, people could have easily said "OOO has some of the lowest ratings. Clearly this is a downward trend."

Or the year before Decade, Kiva had the lowest ratings in a downward ratings slope. They go up, they go down. It can be used as a measurement of trends, but that doesn't mean the next year show won't get the highest rating in five years.

Sorry if this is really obvious, but I think it's worth pointing these things out.
TheXev
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki

Post by TheXev »

Yeah, the only thing Bandai cares about is the toy sales, and I'm sure Fourze is right where they wanted it. Only thing I remember reading about toy sales was that Blades toys didn't sell as well as Faiz, which probably lead to all the late (after ep 30) badassery in that series to try and stimulate them. With all the Gachapon gimmicks they've been trying since OOO, I'm sure this is only helping more. I'm not sure if Wizard is doing the Gachapon thing too, but I'm guessing yes, so it must be a successful trend for them.

The other thing about ratings is, more and more people are watching shows on the net and via DVR, so its harder to measure... same problem state side shows are having. Only real judge is toy and DVD/Blu-ray sales.. and movie sales.

Return to “Kamen Rider”