Heisei kamen rider novel sequels

For the Riders we have not graced with our touch...yet
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Heisei kamen rider novel sequels

Post by locuas »

http://www.jefusion.com/2012/10/heisei- ... pdate.html
It seems they heard about the expanded universes of some western franchises (Star Trek, Star wars, Doctor Who) and decided to give it a try. Releasing sequel novels of the heisei rider series. Starting with Kuuga("No fear, no pain"), Kabuto, W(Which seems that will have Kamen Rider Cyclone) and ooo, with the head writers of the former three returning to write them.

this...is actually a pretty good idea, in my opinion. A novel is not exactly something that takes a lot of money to make. The writers tend to have more freedom than in a Tv series. you can explore things that you couldn't during the series, etc. ...the problem is if the novel will actually be good.
But i doubt any fansub is gonna take the pain of translating it.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Heisei kamen rider novel sequels

Post by takenoko »

I sort of think this will be a bad idea. I love my Heisei Riders, but their stories are pretty terrible for the most part. They basically exist as the flimsiest of framework to justify the special effects.

Plus, I'm usually in the camp of "Tell your story and then end it." Don't drag things out artificially, since those stories are never any good. I can see W having more stories since that show was an episodic crime series. But why would Kuuga and Kabuto need sequels? And OOO had a pretty good epilogue in the Mega Max movie.

Sorry, but I watch toku shows because the visuals are an essential part of the formula. Maybe if they did this in manga form, but a novel? I really don't see this going anywhere. It's just Toei trying to eke out a little more money out of the franchise. It'll most likely be half assed and not be worth the attention. I mean, how many times can you do stories about Mari getting raped by Kusaka?
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

http://henshinjustice.com/2012/10/13/he ... as-novels/

Linking this since there seems to be some info the OP link missed; notably,
Sho Aikawa, the main writer for Kamen Rider Blade, tweeted that he would not be writing the Blade novel. He did receive an offer, but it was eventually cancelled.
takenoko wrote:But why would Kuuga and Kabuto need sequels?
Maybe not sequels but, seeing what Godai or Tendou or say, Shouichi are up to nowadays would be pretty interesting.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Star Trek, Star Wars, and Doctor Who have extended universes because they LITERALLY have entire universes to explore. You can totally have a novel about a minor character in Star Wars or the children of the original characters and it will work. I kinda feel like this is impossible for Kamen Rider because the focus of the narrative is always on the main Rider and once the bad guy is totally defeated, well, there's not much for him to do besides cut grass. It's the reason why Mario and Link have such formulaic games, they have already established the big baddie and now there's not many other people they can defeat besides them.

But at least that's a game and there can be some innovation in them. I'm sorry, I love Tendou, but there's only so many different ways you can write down 'And then Tendou pointed at the sun in a badass manner and it was awesome'. Tokusatsu is a special effects show and really requires that visual medium. I'm with Takenoko, I don't think a novel series would work very well except maybe in W or possibly one volume of OOO just so we finally can resolve that big plothole with Ankh in MegaMax
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Yeah, Take and Luna have said all that I was gonna say on the matter. I think the only Heisei Rider you could get an interesting post-series story out of would be Ryuki, and I'm only saying that because the shipper in me wants to see Shinji and Miho end up together in that Rider-free world, and what kid (The target demographic for KR) would want to read that?
HW-DiEnd
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: Luka Milfly
Favorite Actor?: Anna Nagata
Favorite Band: Motörhead
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Yorozuya Gin-Chan
Quote: "The world is a lonely place,you're on your own..."

Post by HW-DiEnd »

They could make a Fourze novel.So they can give an end to all those ''Presenters'' thing.I hope those new novels don't follow the path of the Faiz novel.

I heard that in the Faiz novel Masato rapes Mari and Impregnates her.Is that true?

Anyway,anyone know where i can download a translated version of this itl?I only know about that story because i have a friend that cames from Japan,so he told me about it.

And in a W novel,why Cyclone?Why can't we have a Kamen Rider Fang?It would be AWESOME!
TheLastTatlFan
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Dekaranger/Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger/W
Dreamy: Mao Ichimichi
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider/Sentai
Quote: "There is no justice in this battle. There is just a single, pure wish."

Post by TheLastTatlFan »

Cyclone so that Shotaro and Philip can do their Final Attack Ride from Movie Wars 2010 outside of crossovers with Decade.
OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

HW-DiEnd wrote:I heard that in the Faiz novel Masato rapes Mari and Impregnates her.Is that true?
Yes it is true. I'm not sure about impregnating her though.

Return to “Kamen Rider”