Kamen Rider timeline and worlds question

For the Riders we have not graced with our touch...yet
soulinfinity
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Kamen Rider timeline and worlds question

Post by soulinfinity »

Can someone explain me the Rider timeline and the lists of Worlds? Including all Riders (showa and heisei)

this is what I know (please correct me if im wrong XD)

Ichigo to Wizard :Main Timeline / Earth (Main)

Version of Kuuga to Kiva in Decade Series :Alternate timeline / Parallel Worlds
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Kamen Rider timeline and worlds question

Post by zeta_gundam »

This is gonna be a tricky one.

I'm referring to the individual series here.
- All the Showa Riders are in one world.
- Kuuga/Agito share the same world.
- From Ryuki to Kabuto, each Rider has their own world, as no reference is made to the previous Riders.
- It's questionable if Den-O and Kiva are in the same world or not. For some odd reason, Den-O and Kiva had a crossover. But it was only in the movies.
- Then Decade came along and the yearly crossover movies became a trend, with the subsequent Rider being introduced during each crossover.
- But the W that first appeared in Decade's movie came through a parallel world/dimension portal thingum.
- It's probably safe to say that W to Wizard are definitely in the same universe, with the movie wars and Foundation X.
- But then again, some of the movies don't seem to be canon.
- And also because of Decade, the Showa Riders are now seemingly in the same universe now.
- And I bet I just made things even more confusing.

Basically... Don't think too much. Time travel and parallel world theories are just too confusing in a children's show.
Last edited by zeta_gundam on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Don't most Rider shows take place in the year that they air? Kiva takes place in two timelines so that might be an exception.

Up to Decade, all the Heisei Riders basically take place in their own continuities.

Decade is mostly alternative universes so they have nothing to do with past series (except for in a few exception cases).

From Decade forward, it seems like they're trying to make it so all Rider series exist in the same continuity.

- Kuuga/Agito share the same world.

This is actually incorrect, as explained in Decade. To be more precise, they definitely don't share the same continuity. The set up for Agito's story has some similarities to Kuuga's, but also some details that contradict them and makes it impossible for those two stories to be a a part of the same thing.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

takenoko wrote:- Kuuga/Agito share the same world.

This is actually incorrect, as explained in Decade.
Eh, no. I think the Decade explanation was for the Kuuga-Agito universes WITHIN the Decade series.

In the Agito series, it was mentioned that G-3 was based off Kuuga. I think when G-3 first appeared, they mentioned something about how the anti-Grongi bullets were ineffective as well.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

takenoko wrote:Don't most Rider shows take place in the year that they air? Kiva takes place in two timelines so that might be an exception.
Here is how i see it
actually, for simplicity, people tend to pretend it takes place in the same year it airs. but if we go for comic book time. then it's a little bit more complicated.
to put it simple, they are not placed in any specific time period.
For example W has a time skip in the final episode, but OOO appeared in the movie. Now, put aside the dates of W and OOO, and just focus on the fact that OOO was active during W and after W.
maybe i'm overcomplicating things a little. but the point is, there is no specific dates between series. Kiva does not "take place in 2008 and 1986" it takes place "after Den-o and before W with something happening 22 years ago as important for the backstories"

also, Decade was like a DC comics event, it just made thing more confusing.
Last edited by locuas on Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

They never mention Grongi or Kuuga directly. Just the unidentified life-forms and Number 4.

Yeah, they're obviously giving a wink at Kuuga, but there's certain reasons why it doesn't make sense for Kuuga and Agito to share universes. It was just a push off point to get Kuuga fans hooked onto Agito. They never mention anything Kuuga related again beyond the first two episodes.
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies

Post by zeta_gundam »

I think they do mention small references now and then, but I can't recall off hand.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I would like to say that Kiva's past timeline year is 1986 not 1988.

Return to “Kamen Rider”