For the Riders we have not graced with our touch...yet
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Re: Did Kamen Rider lose its mojo?

Post by resop2 »

In terms of being dark and gritty, I think one factor is the time slot. This is a show that runs in the same block as Super Sentai and Pretty Cure. Can it really be allowed to be that dark? The original Amazon was cut short because parents objected to how violent it was. Even Hibiki drew a lot of complaints because in the first episode Hibiki's powered up form tried to BBQ a MOTW by spitting fire. I think that was the last or next to the last time that character used that move.

I am happy that we are seeing what KR could be if it was for instance an HBO or Showtime series. I hope that Amazon streaming considers it a success and continues it or even does another series. But, I don't see the super hero time version of KR changing much.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

The point about the timeslot really doesn't matter since even Kuuga aired at the same time as Ghost.
Renigami
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Renigami »

Phoenix512 wrote:The point about the timeslot really doesn't matter since even Kuuga aired at the same time as Ghost.
It is not the matter of what time of day, but more of the views and expectations of a show that follows Super Sentai.

Return to “Kamen Rider”