Which Kamen rider series do you recommend?

For the Riders we have not graced with our touch...yet
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Re: Which Kamen rider series do you recommend?

Post by DrowningFishy »

Plus it is best that you watch Decade before the other series so that you'll be able to enjoy it. I found the majority of people who found it meh, or good were people who didn't get to watch much KR yet. Your in a unique situation take it.
Sheldon131
7X
Favorite series: Abaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Quote: The smart thing is to prepare for the unexpected.

Post by Sheldon131 »

DrowningFishy wrote:Plus it is best that you watch Decade before the other series so that you'll be able to enjoy it. I found the majority of people who found it meh, or good were people who didn't get to watch much KR yet. Your in a unique situation take it.
Yeah. I only watched from the previous nine Kamen Rider series, Kamen Rider Ryuki.
So next: Kamen Rider Decade.
rizefall
Swedish Meatball
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by rizefall »

Decade is actually quite good. May not live up to the hype but it is my favorite show of them all.
"Lady Luck is smilin"
HyperRangerFinish

Watching Heisei Kamen Rider, what next?

Post by HyperRangerFinish »

So I just got through the fan subs of Faiz. Has anyone got any reccomendations as to watch next? Please, no spoilers, just suggestions. Before I got through Faiz I watched Dragon Knight which I actually really liked, I was thinking about watching Ryuki to see how it compared, but I'm not sure if I want to do that right away. I kind of want to stay away from more recent series though, like Kiva, W, OOO etc, and I probably want to give Decade a miss as well untill I've had the chance to see the actual series' them selves.
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Survive Forms

Re: Watching Heisei Kamen Rider, what next?

Post by Spinster »

HyperRangerFinish wrote:So I just got through the fan subs of Faiz. Has anyone got any reccomendations as to watch next? Please, no spoilers, just suggestions. Before I got through Faiz I watched Dragon Knight which I actually really liked, I was thinking about watching Ryuki to see how it compared, but I'm not sure if I want to do that right away. I kind of want to stay away from more recent series though, like Kiva, W, OOO etc, and I probably want to give Decade a miss as well untill I've had the chance to see the actual series' them selves.
Using that criteria, your options are Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, and Den-O. Those happen to be my favourite of the Heisei era Riders, so I'd say you can't go wrong with any of them, but if I absolutely had to rank them, it'd be Blade at the top, followed by Den-O, Hibiki, and Kabuto.

A quick run down of the moods of 'em:

Blade: Dark and serious, explores themes of identity and what makes one human.
Den-O: Lighthearted series about time travel and the impact one person can have in history; has a lot of tongue-in-cheek reference to classical Japanese folklore.
Hibiki: A very non-traditional series for Kamen Rider, explores the nuances of a Master/Student relationship and the issues a young adult has when coming of age.
Kabuto: Good ol' superheroes fighting against monsters (and each other, a bit). Extols the virtues of strength and determination.
HyperRangerFinish

Time travel? Den-O sounds pretty interesting! Time travel just happens to be one of my favourite themes! Will be interesting to see how it plays in KR. Thanks, I think Den-O it is!
squashy
Gabu
Dreamy: Koyomi-tan~
Favorite Actor?: Takamasa Suga
Favorite Band: Fall Out Boy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Chokushi no Magan
Quote: I'm full of motivation!

Post by squashy »

Kiva also has parallel time storyline: the 1986 and 2008 stories constantly switch place :) I'm watching it and wow it's actually good, the OST has some really good violin and symphony-like pieces! The only thing that bugs me is that they didn't manage to place the comedy very fitting, sometimes I think it makes the film pace slower.

@Spinster: Heck, you didn't recommend Kuuga and Agito? Old schools still kick it!
btw I play dragcave and I name one of my dragons Sphinster lol Image
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Survive Forms

Post by Spinster »

squashy wrote:Kiva also has parallel time storyline: the 1986 and 2008 stories constantly switch place :) I'm watching it and wow it's actually good, the OST has some really good violin and symphony-like pieces! The only thing that bugs me is that they didn't manage to place the comedy very fitting, sometimes I think it makes the film pace slower.

@Spinster: Heck, you didn't recommend Kuuga and Agito? Old schools still kick it!
btw I play dragcave and I name one of my dragons Sphinster lol [ Image ]
I've not actually seen Kuuga and Agito yet! I interpreted HRF's post as not wanting to watch anything Ryuki or earlier, but now that I look at it again, I see it was just Ryuki.

Spinster's actually a holdover handle from my years on the Beyblade circuit, hahaha.
HyperRangerFinish

From what I can tell Agito is on hold and Kuuga only has four videos up, so that's probably why! I didn't want to watch Ryuki as I've only just watched Dragon Knight not too long ago, so I want to wait a while and come back to Ryuki to see how it compares. Not really feeling Den-O at the minute, has a completely different feel to Faiz, it's a lot more superhero ish and doesn't seem to take it's self too seriously, but I'm gonna give it a chance. Knowing me Faiz and Dragon Knight will probably end up my favourites and I'll not like any of the others lol. I wanted to watch Faiz as the synopsis just caught my attention, turned out I really liked it, just hope it doesn't end up my favourite but that can't be helped if it does I guess.
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

Faiz's ending is a killjoy. Well not many series managed to bring a good conclusion anyway...

You should give Blade a shot if you like Faiz. They both have similar serious tone. Kuuga has been completely subbed by another team, but the quality and effect can't be compared with T-N's :P Google for yourself if you are curious.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Spinster wrote: I've not actually seen Kuuga and Agito yet! I interpreted HRF's post as not wanting to watch anything Ryuki or earlier, but now that I look at it again, I see it was just Ryuki.
Oh god KR Ryuiki will forever be burned into my mind, more paticular towards the end. ;_; Poor Kido.
Sheldon131
7X

Post by Sheldon131 »

DrowningFishy wrote:
Spinster wrote: I've not actually seen Kuuga and Agito yet! I interpreted HRF's post as not wanting to watch anything Ryuki or earlier, but now that I look at it again, I see it was just Ryuki.
Oh god KR Ryuiki will forever be burned into my mind, more paticular towards the end. ;_; Poor Kido.
Oh no, I'm at episode 30.
DrowningFishy

Post by DrowningFishy »

Sheldon131 wrote:Oh no, I'm at episode 30.
Can't say I spoiled anything cause I didn't mention what I was poor Kido about. I mean poor guy has it tuff the whole story as is unless you already know-[zip]
Sheldon131
7X

Post by Sheldon131 »

DrowningFishy wrote:
Sheldon131 wrote:Oh no, I'm at episode 30.
Can't say I spoiled anything cause I didn't mention what I was poor Kido about. I mean poor guy has it tuff the whole story as is unless you already know-[zip]
Yeah, but I can imagine that he will end bad, really bad ... :lol:
squashy
Gabu

Post by squashy »

nah, Ryuki survived til the end, kicked Odin ass and used his rewarded power to revive all the dead folks. In the finale his Contract Monster even combined with Ren's into a humongous mech armed with heat beam and hypersonic cannon, while Odin's Goldphoenix was constantly spamming explosive feathers and reversing time. Fishy was probably refering to the fact that Shinji keeped being called 'baka' by Ren n times when Odin spammed Time Vent.
Image RIDER HEADBUTT!!!

Return to “Kamen Rider”