takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kamen Rider Double (W) (11th Heisei Kamen Rider)

Post by takenoko »

Doesn't Amazon get his powers from that arm thing? How's that different from Kuuga and his belt?
GarTkEZ
Salami Commander
Favorite series: BLACK/Jetman/AGITO
2nd Favorite Series: Blade/Hibiki/Bouken
Favorite Band: Switchfoot
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Adventure Time

Post by GarTkEZ »

takenoko wrote:Doesn't Amazon get his powers from that arm thing? How's that different from Kuuga and his belt?
*original Amazon spoilers*

Spoiler
The chieftain of the Inca village where Daisuke/Amazon lived in surgically bonded the GiGi Armlet onto him

As with Kuuga, didn't the Arcle fuse with OU Yuusuke after he put it on?
IKKAN KENJO!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Right, and how does that make one a bio and another a mystical type? You didn't really answer my question
StagBeetle
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Agito
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider BLACK
Dreamy: Kazashiro Miu
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: everything...

Post by StagBeetle »

The difference would be IMO, Amazon's bracelet cause his body to change (biological), while Kuuga's arkle sort of forms the armour ON Yuusuke's body.

Agito & Gills both have the same source, but the Agito seed causes change to Gills's body, instead of mystically forming the armour like Agito. That's why they're different types, even though they're source is the same.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Agito isn't a damn wizard. This is why the mystical explanation is stupid. Besides, you can see in Another Agito that all Agito and Gills are biological types. It's not armor, he physically becomes Agito.

Kuuga isn't a mystical type either. You see parts of his body changing into Kuuga in the first episode. Since he becomes that Rider, I'd say he's a biological type.

The mystical explanation doesn't work because it mixes paradigms. It confuses source of power and type of transformation, and I don't think you can really explain source of power. It's hard to explain some aspects of Kamen Rider, but I wouldn't say that magic's ever really been a factor within the Heisei Riders. It just doesn't fit
antiemo19
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-o
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Edward Norton
Favorite Band: R.E.M
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kuuga

Post by antiemo19 »

Well robo can be explained as armor over the body, bio as the body itself changing and mystic is the required middle ground where it's a bit of both.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

antiemo19 wrote:Well robo can be explained as armor over the body, bio as the body itself changing and mystic is the required middle ground where it's a bit of both.
Reread what you wrote and tell me how that makes sense to you. How can you be both a part of the armor and not a part of the armor? And I don't think other people are using mystic the way you define it
antiemo19
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Faiz
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-o
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Actor?: Edward Norton
Favorite Band: R.E.M
My boom: Kuuga

Post by antiemo19 »

takenoko wrote:
antiemo19 wrote:Well robo can be explained as armor over the body, bio as the body itself changing and mystic is the required middle ground where it's a bit of both.
Reread what you wrote and tell me how that makes sense to you. How can you be both a part of the armor and not a part of the armor? And I don't think other people are using mystic the way you define it
The armor is not part of the body but it is not entirely unconnected, like a second skin. I believe in one of the episodes tv nihon subbed of kuuga he mentions how the bullets feel like small stings hitting him, if this was armor and it penetrated to the point of feeling it would cause injury of it wouldn't be felt. I can't really go into bio because neither agito or amazon are subbed by tv nihon and shin is a bit underdeveloped.
IanPro
Kamen Knight
Favorite Band: High n' Mighty Color

Re: Rider Types [spoilers] Split from Kamen Rider Double

Post by IanPro »

I always wondered myself if the riders could be categorized like this. The way I see, Tech=Use of technology, Bio=Involves biological changes, Mystical=Basically unexplained magic'ish stuff.
My personal view on this is that you gotta distinguish between the "source" and the "form", and that many of the riders "sources" and "forms" overlap into these different categories.

Example..

Ryuki: S-Tech/Mystical F-Tech/Mystical (Mystical from the contract monsters)
Faiz: S-Tech F-Tech (maybe Bio from for S also cause doesnt it draw from their DNA?)
Kiva: S-Mystical F-Mystical (its a mystical piece of armor isn't it?)
Hibiki: S-Mystical F-Bio/Mystical
Shin: S-Bio F-Bio
Blade: S-Tech/Mystical F-Tech/Mystical/Bio (all three for the form cause if I remember correctly doesn't the armor also fuse with their cells?)
1 & 2: S-Tech/Bio F-Tech

Anyways those are just how I categorize them in my head, others probably have different ideas.
I can dance too!
Kuro
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Kuro »

I only differentiate between tech rider and bio rider.
Tech rider being someone who transforms with a (man-made) mechanical device (Faiz Gear, blay buckle, Ixa knuckle, etc.)
Bio rider being everybody else
christopherjohn
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
My boom: Prop making

Post by christopherjohn »

IanPro wrote:I always wondered myself if the riders could be categorized like this. The way I see, Tech=Use of technology, Bio=Involves biological changes, Mystical=Basically unexplained magic'ish stuff.
My personal view on this is that you gotta distinguish between the "source" and the "form", and that many of the riders "sources" and "forms" overlap into these different categories.

Example..

Ryuki: S-Tech/Mystical F-Tech/Mystical (Mystical from the contract monsters)
Faiz: S-Tech F-Tech (maybe Bio from for S also cause doesnt it draw from their DNA?)
Kiva: S-Mystical F-Mystical (its a mystical piece of armor isn't it?)
Hibiki: S-Mystical F-Bio/Mystical
Shin: S-Bio F-Bio
Blade: S-Tech/Mystical F-Tech/Mystical/Bio (all three for the form cause if I remember correctly doesn't the armor also fuse with their cells?)
1 & 2: S-Tech/Bio F-Tech

Anyways those are just how I categorize them in my head, others probably have different ideas.
Ryuki: Tech/Bio. The Contract monsters aren't mystical. Their more organic then that.
Faiz: Agree
Kiva: Bio. Kivat is an organic being before mystical. Also his design and use of Organic beings in powers would lend to Bio long before mystical.
Hibiki: Agree enough to not argue.
Shin: Agree
Blade: Tech/Bio for use of the undead cards.
Decade: Tech The use of the cards isn't dimentional its meant to reproduce the power of the riders. He doesn't actually become the riders just just mimics their power.
Dien: Tech as he produces drones
大変身
Save the life
Favorite Actor?: Nobuyuki Hiyama

Post by 大変身 »

I go between Mystical, Organic, and Mechanical

a mystical Rider (one that draws power from ancient technology or mystical methods),
an organic Rider (one whose anatomy changes to become a Rider)
and a mechanical Rider (one who is either a cyborg or uses advanced technology to fight).
Twitter
iamawesome.com
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Why don't we go by the card game definitions (from RANGERS STRIKE) which are more generic in nature? If you go specific, you'll never find a satisfactory result.

Kuuga, Agito, Hibiki, Kiva -> Mystic Arms: Draws power from legendary or mystical forces
- So immediately their armors are more organic in nature.

Ryuki, Blade -> Wild Beast: Draws their power from animals and creatures
Faiz -> Earth Tech: Weapons and abilities created by science and Earth's technology.
Kabuto, Den-O, Decade -> Over-tech: Technology from the future that surpasses Earth's current technology.
- All of these guys have armors that are more mechanical.

If you're wondering about the Showa riders, I think all of them are Earth Tech other than Amazon, which falls into Wild Beast and Mystic Arms. I'm guessing that it's Earth Tech cause they were all modified using scientific methods. That said, Showa and Heisei riders are different things altogether IMO, and shouldn't be classified the same way.

Lastly: what's the point of this again?
mateo360
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Den-o
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Favorite Band: GACKT
My boom: Kamen Rider

Post by mateo360 »

I call a tech rider one who uses something developed by an in-show company (i.e. Smart Brain-Faiz, Zect-Kabuto, G3(Probably the most tech of all))
I call a bio rider one who has there body physically change (i.e. Hibiki, Kiva, Gills, Shin)
Then I place Mystic as those I cant expain fully
Do Not Underestimate the Power of Tommy's Ass.
monritche
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: KS7, Ultraman, KR
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai Series
Dreamy: Yumi Sugimoto
Favorite Band: Orange Range
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: mouse-clicking

Post by monritche »

How I love taxonomy. Maybe we should give them scientific names too.

I remembered an instance when Godai had a medical check-up, the doctor found out that his DNA is similar to the Grongi. Would that make him Bio too? Well, we have to have an operational definition for bio, tech/mechanical and mystic.

Return to “Kamen Rider”