Favorite Band: Coldplay
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Filmmaking
Quote: "If you do not fight, you will not survive!" - from Ryuki

Best and Worst of Heisei KR Movies?

Post by Nnnkingston »

Best:
Kamen Rider 555: Lost Paradise
I have literally watched this movie five times. I can't get enough of it. I honestly believe that this is the best of the best when it comes to Rider movies. Intense action sequences, the true feel of the series, small moments of humor to make you laugh and a few OSHI- moments. Also the inclusion of the second new Rider was a little rushed but the ending is more satisfying than the ending of the actual series.

Worst:
Kamen Rider Kiva: King of the Castle in the Demon World
Just one long awkward movie. Is it ever explained why Otoya and what'sherface are brought to the future? Was there really a point to it? The Legendora were beaten way too easily and too early in the movie for my liking, considering how "special" they were supposed to be compared to other Fangire. And Kamen Rider Arc being so much taller than Kiva was just a bad idea. It looked really awkward when they were fighting and wasn't that intense at all. It was more of a "HEY I'M GONNA STOMP" you than a fight.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Re: Best and Worst of Heisei KR Movies?

Post by kokowaks »

i agree with the paradise lost movie being the best..(though i've never seen project g4)...

it has a great premise and it is stand alone... one does not need to be knowledgeable to the series inorder to appreciate it...
Darkster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
Favorite Actor?: Jackie Chan
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: takoyaki
Quote: Because Takumi is Takumi.

Post by Darkster »

Paradise Lost was definitely the best. The worst would be... anything with Dikeido in it.
LonelySoldier
Gabu
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo
My boom: AKB48
Quote: Being forgotten is much more painful than being hated...

Post by LonelySoldier »

It was really hard to choose between God Speed Love and Ore Tanjou as the best (yeah, Ore Tanjou is the best Den-O movie so far, for me...). They are awesome in almost every aspects... the CGI, musical score and OSTs, battles, drama, epicness...

Now, for the worst : Cho Den-O and Decade, since it lost so many great things from the 'real' Den-O, ruined what has been showed and told in Saraba (not forgetting all the 'final's in it), and it had the worst DC version ever...
What I've learned from watching Kamen Rider OOO :
Don't be greedy, except for Bandai's stuff...
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

i wouldnt put decade on the worst part since he is probably the only plot where we can see an allrider kick...
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

I think God Speed Love was one of the best Heisei KR movies. It required little series background to understand and presented a fantastic story that is more AU than most Rider movie AUs while in fact being canon, and at the same time does a good job of standing on its own. Paradise Lost was also good, but I just don't like it as much as God Speed Love.
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Post by ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM »

God Speed Love was the best of the Heisei Rider films. Visuals and story were pretty darn good. The post apocalyptic setting looked pretty real and all and the BGM was epic (Especially when Tendou appears in the beginning) and i love Koji Kikkawa's "One World" ED.

The worst of the Heisei film for now ,Kamen Rider Den-O And Kiva: Climax Deka.....it was just pointless, and disappointing because Den-O's cast hogged all the damn screen time leaving whoever they got from Kiva to appear in it with next to nothing, making them merely cameo's. So it really made expectations about Chou Den O and Decade to be quite low since we now expect any KR film entitled Den-O and (Insert rider name) to be mainly a Den-O movie period....
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam
Darkster
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
Favorite Actor?: Jackie Chan
My boom: takoyaki
Quote: Because Takumi is Takumi.

Post by Darkster »

ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM wrote:God Speed Love was the best of the Heisei Rider films. Visuals and story were pretty darn good. The post apocalyptic setting looked pretty real and all and the BGM was epic (Especially when Tendou appears in the beginning) and i love Koji Kikkawa's "One World" ED.

The worst of the Heisei film for now ,Kamen Rider Den-O And Kiva: Climax Deka.....it was just pointless, and disappointing because Den-O's cast hogged all the damn screen time leaving whoever they got from Kiva to appear in it with next to nothing, making them merely cameo's. So it really made expectations about Chou Den O and Decade to be quite low since we now expect any KR film entitled Den-O and (Insert rider name) to be mainly a Den-O movie period....
It seems that you're missing out on Paradise Lost. I admit God Speed Love has some good parts in it and overall it wasn't a waste of time. It was much better than the actual series, but Paradise Lost is in a league of its own because of the drama and the final dramatic fights. The CGI was not the best, but it was an early Heisei movie, so if it was to be retouched for effects now, it would be better. However, you must keep in mind that the CGI does not make the movie. I also kind of like Ryuki's Episode Final for its action, but it's not good as a stand-alone since you need the series to understand the characters.
honorthief
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Quote: Heroes of hope

Post by honorthief »

TO me most of the movies of the Kamen Rider Series were the best.
Spinster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Blade
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
My boom: Survive Forms

Post by Spinster »

Plot-wise, it probably wasn't that terrible, but for me, Missing Ace was one of the worst films. I (unfortunately) watched it right after completing Blade as a whole. I was on such a high from the ending of the series, and Missing Ace basically did away with all of that. It just ruined the phenomenal conflict resolution the series' finale had.
Xander Blaze
Kamen Knight
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: W / Kuuga
Dreamy: Tendou Souji
Favorite Actor?: Kikkawa Koji
Favorite Band: Tetra Fang
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Ultimate

Post by Xander Blaze »

Best = God Speed Love

Worst = All Rider vs Dai-Shocker

p.s. ONORE DIKEIDO!!!!
天の道を往き、総てを司る!
Ten no michi o Iki, Subete o Tsukasadoru otoko!
Walking the path of heaven, the man who will rule over everything!

Yes, I'm back
Truthfully.
Disappeared since the end of Kamen Rider OOO

Return to “Kamen Rider”