zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Hurricaneger 10 years later

Post by zeta_gundam »

We've been getting Hurricaneger's spelling wrong. Obviously it's Harikenger. :P

But really, awesomeness. A KR Blade story seeing Kenzaki again would be cool.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ur face is Harikenja
CeronosLive
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider OOO
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by CeronosLive »

I do have to say it's kind of awesome they're doing a 10 years later thing for a sentai, but I can't help but always think..

Why is Hurricaneger getting a special like this out of all the Sentai? Is it insanely that good/popular?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I haven't seen the whole series, but I think it might be because Nao is so popular. I mean, look at how many shows they stick her in. She's kind of a golden goose:
http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Nagasawa_Nao
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It must be a favorite in Japan. Why else would it get that well done two parter in Gokaiger?

Hoping there is some more Shurikenger goodness in this as well.
dgk3593
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Post by dgk3593 »

I would believe it immediately if today's not Apr 1st.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Kyoryuger, Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Drive
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by redfarmer »

Interesting they did this for Hurricaneger and not Gaoranger. I always heard Gaoranger is insanely popular.

Can we get a new Ryuki special that provides an alternate ending, kind of like what they did with Neon Genesis Evangelion? Also, some new Timeranger might be nice.

I am looking forward to this. I just wish it were for a series I've seen all of. I don't think Hurricanger or Abaranger have ever had a complete fansub release. Just a few small outfits who sub the first few episodes and then seem to lose interest after that.

Oh, and good point on the April 1.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger
Ryuki, 555, Blade, Kabuto, Fourze, Wizard, Drive

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
jolly_old_saint
Faiz
Favorite series: Gumby
2nd Favorite Series: Dengekibikifaizenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by jolly_old_saint »

Hey, Ryuki's ending was perfect. It explained that....*copies what I wrote ages ago*

Spoiler
You can trade the soul of one small girl to give her creepy mirror clone ten or so years of quasi-life in the real world, but it takes the death of a dozen grown men to extend that. And they have to hold a magic deck of cards which allows them to form contracts with mirror monsters created by you and said girl. Said contracts make these deck-holders more powerful, as they can draw strength from the mirror monsters. However, they can pass that power at any time. They can also form contracts with more than one monster, though the monsters need to eat for some reason so whoever does that will have to work overtime killing people and/or spare monsters who run around eating people. The deck holders are given spider-sense, though, so finding monsters will be easy. Also, whoever passes their magic card deck to someone else will probably be eaten by the monsters (it won't count towards the quasi-life death toll). At this point, the rules go into a gray area, but it WILL still count towards the toll if the deck is destroyed and subsequently its owner (though not before the death of the owner). If the owner dies and the deck survives, however....it still counts. Maybe? Also, you can remake the deck things, which are actually more like beltbuckles with a pocket for cards. You can make them stronger, you can stop them from working...oh, and you have a champion avatar who can't die until he fights the last deckholder. Though you can actually just pick anyone at any time, say they're the last, fight that person, and call it good. Really, the whole dozen people thing is just for kicks. Also, as another perk, you can command all the mirror monsters to attack in swarms. Or bugger off. Or kidnap people, they'll do anything really. And you can have a card that lets you go back in time. Wait, that's a little unfair...it causes memory loss? Yeah, that's it...if your avatar loses, the life extension goes to the winner, but since you aren't fighting you can at least pull a do-over.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

be really great if hurricanger could get the tv nihon touch. I am aware other sub places have done it, still not tv nihon this series is worthy of being in tv nihon's catalougue
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

How this thread became a wish list for new stuff for old series?
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

zeta_gundam wrote:We've been getting Hurricaneger's spelling wrong. Obviously it's Harikenger. :P

But really, awesomeness. A KR Blade story seeing Kenzaki again would be cool.
I thought that Super Hero Taihen had it cemented as Harrykenger.
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by redfarmer »

Phoenix512 wrote:How this thread became a wish list for new stuff for old series?
Probably the fact takenoko posted on the front page asking what else we'd like to see new stuff from.
Watched:
Dairanger, Kakuranger, Dekaranger, Magiranger, Boukenger, Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-busters, Kyoryuger, Jyuohger

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
redfarmer
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave

Post by redfarmer »

Aeikozz wrote:be really great if hurricanger could get the tv nihon touch. I am aware other sub places have done it, still not tv nihon this series is worthy of being in tv nihon's catalougue
Personally I'd love if all 37 series got the TV Nihon touch. They consistently deliver the best quality sentai subs I've seen. If only we could clone new takenokos for each series that hasn't been done yet.
Watched:

Watching:
Ohranger, Kyuuranger
Den-o, Ex-Aid
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Catastrophe wrote:It must be a favorite in Japan. Why else would it get that well done two parter in Gokaiger?
Same reason Go-Onger and Kakuranger got theirs. xP
redfarmer wrote:I don't think Hurricanger or Abaranger have ever had a complete fansub release. Just a few small outfits who sub the first few episodes and then seem to lose interest after that.
They both have complete HK subs but, you can prolly guess the quality of those.
Last edited by Go-On Macaroni on Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sentai”