Favorite series: Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze
Dreamy: Sawada Shione
Favorite Actor?: Ryo Yoshizawa
Favorite Band: Spiv States
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Learning
Quote: "Kamen Raidā Meteo, Omae no sadame wa ore ga kimeru!"

Re: Not many women in Sentai, are there?

Post by Enter the Meteor »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Enter the Meteor wrote:That is why they made "Smile PreCure!". It is a girly version of Sentai, even though I am a male, I love it!
Actually, "Yes Precure 5" was a 5-girl squad before "Smile Precure".
Cool! I just have watched "Smile PreCure!" and then on. So, "Dokidoki! PreCure" is what I am watching now! It is a super-great show!
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

I got pretty far with Heartcatch, that's the only one I've made considerable progress on, but I never got round to finishing it. I also quite like the original.

But Shugo Chara is my all-time favourite magical girl show.
Ahoge-dono
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Faiz, Dekranger
2nd Favorite Series: Double, Magiranger
Dreamy: Lucca Milfy
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Rider Chips
Quote: "Do you have the courage...to ride with the devil?"

Post by Ahoge-dono »

A little more than 20.

Blue shaded meaning male suit actor, pink meaning female.

Yeah, I was disappointed by the revelation that Gokaiyellow's suit actor is a man.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Sengoku Ryouma
Favorite Actor?: Jinnai Sho
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Persona 4
Quote: Ware wa kage, shinnaru ware.

Post by butyoumight »

Ahoge-dono wrote:A little more than 20.

Yeah, I was disappointed by the revelation that Gokaiyellow's suit actor is a man.
That graphic is completely missing Liveman's Blue Dolphin. Who has the same suit actor as GokaiYellow, actually. Because Hachisuka Yuichi is a god.
dekamaster
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: magiranger
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: sentai/kamen rider

Post by dekamaster »

Ahoge-dono wrote:A little more than 20.

admittedly the amount of male suit actors did surprise me, especially gosei pinks since toei found a female substitute for him at one point.
series I've watched

sentai:Live,Dai,deka,magi,geki,go on,shinken,gosei,gokai,go busters

kamen rider:ZX,ryuki,Decade,W,OOO,fourze
Tomos
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
My boom: Languages/singing

Post by Tomos »

It doesn't bother me that much if the suit actors are male.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Makes all the people drooling over GokaiYellow hilarious when you realize it's not that cute young woman jumping around, it's a 49-year-old man.

I think it's preferable to have women playing the women characters. The heavily costumed ones, like Vancuria, okay, sure. The suits are so sculpted it doesn't matter in the end. But there is a slight difference in builds between men and women, and I feel like it's just more authentic to have the suit actors match the character's sex. As an artist, I'm all about authenticity. But maybe there's just not enough high-level female stunties in Japan to have them play every woman on these shows, I have no idea.

Anyway, at least KyouryuuPink is an actual woman, and it was immediately obvious to me the instant she struck the roll call pose. (It was also immediately obvious it was the same woman for Go-on Silver, but hey, that's just me. I notice body language a lot.)
toni2212
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Post by toni2212 »

dancercotillion wrote:Makes all the people drooling over GokaiYellow hilarious when you realize it's not that cute young woman jumping around, it's a 49-year-old man.

I think it's preferable to have women playing the women characters. The heavily costumed ones, like Vancuria, okay, sure. The suits are so sculpted it doesn't matter in the end. But there is a slight difference in builds between men and women, and I feel like it's just more authentic to have the suit actors match the character's sex. As an artist, I'm all about authenticity. But maybe there's just not enough high-level female stunties in Japan to have them play every woman on these shows, I have no idea.

Anyway, at least KyouryuuPink is an actual woman, and it was immediately obvious to me the instant she struck the roll call pose. (It was also immediately obvious it was the same woman for Go-on Silver, but hey, that's just me. I notice body language a lot.)
This post just makes me realize of what is Hitomi Sanae's current role. She apparently joined Fourze's cast as Nadeshiko's suit actor and then as a villain in Gavan's movie,but after that no news. Makes me think that despite there's an availability of female suit actor, Toei still doesn't get them.
OnmyojiOmn
Adventure

Post by OnmyojiOmn »

Dragonfan wrote:
OnmyojiOmn wrote:http://imgur.com/a/E70FI

Not safe for work! I'll understand if this gets deleted.
I can't believe you forget Go on silver/Sugimoto Yumi! XD

I hope Shokotan will be the Pink ranger in the future.
Looks like they added like a hundred pics since I posted. The internet is a magical place.
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by butyoumight »

toni2212 wrote:
dancercotillion wrote:Makes all the people drooling over GokaiYellow hilarious when you realize it's not that cute young woman jumping around, it's a 49-year-old man.

This post just makes me realize of what is Hitomi Sanae's current role. She apparently joined Fourze's cast as Nadeshiko's suit actor and then as a villain in Gavan's movie,but after that no news. Makes me think that despite there's an availability of female suit actor, Toei still doesn't get them.
That theory doesn't hold weight when you consider the previous post pointing out that Nogawa Mizuho is KyouryuuPink right now. Last year she was Escape Evolve (I remember I knew that it HAD to be her because Jinnai Sho was noticeably taller than her, but he's about average height in general, while Mizuho is quite tiny!), before that she was GokaiPink.

Just because the one female suit actor you mentioned hasn't been working doesn't mean Toei is outright refusing to use them, or that she's even "available", there could be any number of personal reasons why she's not working right now. The same goes for any suit actor.

I figure the reason they keep using Hachisuka Yuichi is because he's damn good at it.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

considering we are supposed to think the actors(or characters) are the ones fighting, i do not think toei actually gives a damn about the gender of the suit actors as long as they can pull off what they are asked for. but it is just my guess
butyoumight
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog

Post by butyoumight »

locuas wrote:considering we are supposed to think the actors(or characters) are the ones fighting, i do not think toei actually gives a damn about the gender of the suit actors as long as they can pull off what they are asked for. but it is just my guess
I think you are right on there.

Return to “Sentai”