Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Marzgurl has a series some may want to watch

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

She's apparently doing a vlog where she'll watch a sentai episode a day, then talk about 7 at a time when the week is over. She's starting from the beginning of GoRanger, and the first episode's posted here: http://channelawesome.com/seeing-sentai ... sodes-1-7/
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Re: Marzgurl has a series some may want to watch

Post by Phoenix512 »

I'm going to ask the stupid question here. Who is Marzgurl and why should I care?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

She's one of the Channel Awesome contributors (Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, ex Spoony, etc).

Personally I'm not really a fan of her videos (just don't really like her style is all) and I can't forgive her for the one special they did where she spoke really cringe-inducingly bad Japanese so I'm gonna give this a pass. Honestly, if I really want to know about all the episodes I'll watch them myself.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Lunagel wrote:She's one of the Channel Awesome contributors (Nostalgia Critic, Linkara, ex Spoony, etc).

Personally I'm not really a fan of her videos (just don't really like her style is all) and I can't forgive her for the one special they did where she spoke really cringe-inducingly bad Japanese so I'm gonna give this a pass. Honestly, if I really want to know about all the episodes I'll watch them myself.
that's fair.

like the title says, "some" may want to watch. I doubt everyone's gonna like it. it was ok but not amazing for me, too, but figured someone might like it more than I did.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I can't say I actually like any of these Channel Awesome guys. While some might find it interesting to see what an outsiders opinion is, these guys never have any interesting opinions on anything.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Catastrophe wrote:I can't say I actually like any of these Channel Awesome guys. While some might find it interesting to see what an outsiders opinion is, these guys never have any interesting opinions on anything.
I realize those of us here tend more towards Sentai and such, but when you say that, are you including Linkara and his History of Power Rangers series?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's more for I don't care for the over the top caricature style reviews that all these guys do.

I did actually watch a couple of minutes of this particular video though, and it's done normally which I do appreciate.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Looks like Marzgurl released a document airing some behind the scenes problems at Channel Awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yIjg17A6Oo
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

takenoko wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:21 am Looks like Marzgurl released a document airing some behind the scenes problems at Channel Awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yIjg17A6Oo
Read the doc and the reactions. A few said "You KNEW what you were going into and you had no right to complain!" and a few said "I'm not watching Channel Awesome anymore."
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I had already stopped watching most of their stuff a few years ago, I guess this must have been because a bunch of people left in 2013. I was more a Spoony fan anyway, and he's got his own set of issues if you look at that Youtube guy's other videos.

It's funny because I had just gotten back into watching Linsay Ellis's stuff a few weeks ago. She's currently doing a Hobbit retrospective (postmortem) that I'm really enjoying.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

I've followed Down The Rabbit Hole's video on Spoony and for a month, his Twitter account. I drank a pint after going through his posts.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.

Return to “Sentai”