Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: ...super sentai battle???

Post by takenoko »

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/181277 ... oritaka-ai

I like two of those actors. Should be fun!
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Lack of colour diversity. It's probably due to actor availability, but why 3 reds?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Red's always the one that stands out the most, probably easiest for the kids to remember.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

NinninRed stands out for bad reasons and JyuohEagle is the blandest white bread.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Still, what I take away from this is that they're trying to move back the new Sentai air date by over a month. LVSP will have 51 episodes despite having 3 break weeks and with these 4 episodes that means Ryusouger begins March 17th. LVSP began February 11th. I've always thought the middle of February is a shit time to launch a new toy line, too soon after Christmas and no holidays around. With this they should be able to get the end/beginning of the school year. Let's see if it works out for them.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

51 episodes? Jesus.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I just saw this mentioned on the front page.

In a word: WTF?

I'm not necessarily opposed, but this seems like it's coming from the middle of nowhere?

With so few details there's definitely a chance I'm jumping to conclusions. But given Toei's propensity for team-up fan service works, this feels like it's a net movie run amok. A small side project (e.g. Kamen Sentai GoRider) that's suddenly getting thrust into the spotlight. Which makes me very nervous, as those team-up projects have been more miss than hit as of late. There's a good chance that Lunagel is right and that this is meant to pad out the schedule and start the next series later.

I'm also struggling to find something nice to say about some of the casting choices. I get why they have what they have - they clearly wanted to get as many reds as possible - but the outcome is suboptimal. Marvelous is fantastic (and the only reason this works), and ToQpink is fine so long as she's kept in check. But NinninRed and KyuuOrange? Those guys were insufferable. JyuohRed is okay, if bland. He doesn't have to lead this crew, so that might work out to the writers' advantage.
Lunagel wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:30 pm I've always thought the middle of February is a shit time to launch a new toy line, too soon after Christmas and no holidays around. With this they should be able to get the end/beginning of the school year. Let's see if it works out for them.
But isn't the advantage of the current schedule is that they're done with the toy line just in time for Christmas? If they start and end later, then that would mean that most of the last quarter of the show would be too late for Christmas.
Catastrophe wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:32 pm 51 episodes? Jesus.
Woah. I just hope this doesn't mean the last 10 episodes end up being padded out... :shock:
Last edited by ViRGE on Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:33 pm
Lunagel wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:30 pm I've always thought the middle of February is a shit time to launch a new toy line, too soon after Christmas and no holidays around. With this they should be able to get the end/beginning of the school year. Let's see if it works out for them.
But isn't the advantage of the current schedule is that they're done with the toy line just in time for Christmas? If they start and end later, then that would mean that most of the last quarter of the show would be too late for Christmas.
Yeah, but alternatively the first quarter when toy sales should be the highest is in a bit of a holiday slump. People will buy toys for Christmas regardless, so if they just fiddle with the release of power-ups in-show then I don't think there will be too much of a difference.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 6:02 pm
ViRGE wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:33 pm
Yeah, but alternatively the first quarter when toy sales should be the highest is in a bit of a holiday slump. People will buy toys for Christmas regardless, so if they just fiddle with the release of power-ups in-show then I don't think there will be too much of a difference.
True. I guess it's a question of when you want to take your sales hit: at the start when you're just ramping up, or at the end when you're trying to get your inventory off the shelves to make room for the next series? Toei and Bandai obviously know what they're doing, but if this is to move around toy sales, I'm going to be surprised that starting later improves sales.:o

Return to “Sentai”