Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Sentai Ranking

Post by takenoko »

Saw this:

https://iris-14cheonsa.tumblr.com/post/ ... isei-super
Ranking held a poll for “Favourite Heisei Super Sentai Ranking” involving 6753 participants across an age range of 10~50, as detailed in this article. Here’s the top ten results, as provided by Google Translate
  1. Shinkenger (popular among women in their 40s)
  2. LuPato (popular for men in their 20s and 40s)
  3. Gaoranger
  4. ToQger
  5. Gokaiger
  6. Hurricanger
  7. Dekaranger
  8. Timeranger
  9. Kakuranger
  10. GoGoFive
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Sentai Ranking

Post by Catastrophe »

I would agree with 8 out of 10 of those. LuPat has no business being in there and Gaoranger is pretty bland in comparison to some of the other titles.

I'm surprised Kyoryuger didn't make it in given how well it was received compared to some of the more modern ones. Also a little surprised that Kakuranger was the oldest entry over say DaiRanger or Jetman.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

Agreed. I really liked LuPat and Toqger, but those feel like the result of recency bias. They're fun and all, but not outstanding, like say, a Go-Busters was. Interesting they have statistics on the age and gender of the people voting.

I'd have put a MagiRanger or a GekiRanger on there too.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

"2. LuPato (popular for men in their 20s and 40s)" Ha, i wonder why that was... /s

I'm glad Toqger is on the list, interesting it ended up higher than Gokaiger somehow. Of course Go-Busters would be woefully underappreciated as it usually is and i'm shocked that Kyouryuuger isn't on there. Maybe it's cause they're sick to death of it? what with the .5, brave and ryusoulger being so blatantly similar?

Not surprised at all that Shinkenger is on top, that show was awesome, it's patriotic as fuck and i can practically hear all the housewives salivating over Takeru lol. Interesting how basically all the ones that were patriotic were on this list somewhere.
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I'm not sure if "patriotic" is really the right word here. Shinkenger was definitely chock full of traditional JP feeling but that's not really patriotic in the same sense as flag-waving USA USA USA!

Honestly most people in Japan aren't patriotic in that sense. Oh, there's pride in the country and what fellow Japanese people do, but anyone who goes around waving a flag is usually a nutter that gets mostly ignored.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:00 am I'm not sure if "patriotic" is really the right word here. Shinkenger was definitely chock full of traditional JP feeling but that's not really patriotic in the same sense as flag-waving USA USA USA!
/me tells Luna to serve her lord
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It taking until 2009 until they did a Samurai themed series really boggles my mind.

Return to “Sentai”