Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Cause there's like a lot of other Sentai too
CarterSensei
Gao
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:36 am

Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby CarterSensei » Sat May 29, 2010 3:07 pm

I happened to wake up early this morning and noticed that TV Asahi is running something they call Super Sentai vs. Series Theater from 6 to 7 am on Sundays.

The show is basically screenings of the various Verses movies that they've made over the years with the Goseigers acting as hosts. The showed Ohranger vs. Kakuranger this week (5/30) and next week is Ohranger vs Car Ranger.

I only bring this up because this seems like a good chance for TV-Nihon to get their hands on some of these films.

Here's the official website (in Japanese, naturally) http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/sentaivs/
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 22331
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby takenoko » Sat May 29, 2010 3:09 pm

We saw that when we were looking at the soundtrack and was wondering how the Versuses could have a theme song on their own
User avatar
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Posts: 2248
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:18 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite Band: Pat Benatar
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Location: Winthrop

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby Go-On Macaroni » Sat May 29, 2010 5:04 pm

CarterSensei wrote:from 6 to 7 am on Sundays.


Is that in your time or japan time?
Seen toku:
Rider: Amazon, ZX, Shin -> J, Kuuga -> Hibiki, Den-O, Kiva, W -> Gaim
Sentai: Dyna, Change, Flash, Dai, Kaku, Mega -> Magi, Geki -> Shinken, Gokaiger
Others: Cutie Honey the Live, Daimajin Kanon, Changerion (soon)
User avatar
Magenta
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Posts: 599
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:21 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Fourze
2ndFavoriteSeries: Boukenger
Dreamy: Nozama
Favorite Actor?: Takehito Koyasu
Favorite Band: 765 Productions
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Robots. Always.

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby Magenta » Sat May 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Japan's. It's the prelude to the NichiAsa Kids block where everything awesome airs.
ima sugu shutsudoukable
User avatar
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Posts: 22331
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:33 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector
Location: Yami ni umare, yami ni kisu
Contact:

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby takenoko » Sat May 29, 2010 5:17 pm

Wasn't that the time slot when they aired the Decade reairings/special and the Chou Den-O promo?
User avatar
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Posts: 2986
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:33 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Deadly Premonition
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby Kogashi » Sun May 30, 2010 2:02 am

... Who is getting up that early!? And on a Sunday!? I can barely pull myself out of bed by noon on a Sundays, and some people in Japan are getting up at 6, maybe before!? ... I swear if I lived in Japan my sleep cycle would be worse off than it already is = =;
Multitappers! Live on Twitch TV. Check Twitter for exact times.
Guardian07
Mega
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 12:46 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.
Location: the velvet room

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby Guardian07 » Sun May 30, 2010 3:05 am

:lol: From where I come from, waking up at 6 is commonplace. Waking up after 7 is weird. Anyway, If I'm not mistaken, Japan has long day periods. By 6 or 7am, it's already bright.

The Super Sentai vs theater thing sounds fun. I'm checking them out.
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
tennomichi
Salami Commander
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:39 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: deka,shinken,bouken
2ndFavoriteSeries: KR 電王,W,DCD
Dreamy: 矢島舞身、鈴木愛理、中島早貴
Favorite Actor?: yama-p
Favorite Band: MIWA,℃-ute,Buono!
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: This forum and fb
Quote: 東洋の魔女?ー鈴木&梅田
Location: Broga Hill

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby tennomichi » Sun May 30, 2010 3:10 am

Kogashi wrote:... Who is getting up that early!? And on a Sunday!? I can barely pull myself out of bed by noon on a Sundays, and some people in Japan are getting up at 6, maybe before!? ... I swear if I lived in Japan my sleep cycle would be worse off than it already is = =;



for god's sake it is for kids... not old people like us :roll:
オレは天の道を行き全てを司る男
i think i learned my lesson
User avatar
Lunagel
Converses with Carburetors
Posts: 5304
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:09 am
omg are u a girl?: Yes
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Magiranger
Favorite Actor?: Toshiro Mifune
Favorite Band: Gackt
Location: Japan

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby Lunagel » Sun May 30, 2010 3:11 am

Guardian07 wrote:Anyway, If I'm not mistaken, Japan has long day periods. By 6 or 7am, it's already bright.


Try 4:30 am. Sun goes down around 6-6:30 though, so night comes faster.
Guardian07
Mega
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 12:46 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Agito,W,Shinkenger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Hibiki,Garo,Blade
Dreamy: Shihoko Hirata
Favorite Actor?: Seiji Takaiwa!!
Favorite Band: Shoji Meguro
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: MegaTen games
Quote: We’re no longer children any more but, we’ll never fully become adults.
We can live on in that odd little transition.
Location: the velvet room

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby Guardian07 » Sun May 30, 2010 6:48 am

Lunagel wrote:
Guardian07 wrote:Anyway, If I'm not mistaken, Japan has long day periods. By 6 or 7am, it's already bright.


Try 4:30 am. Sun goes down around 6-6:30 though, so night comes faster.


Damn it, that's awesome :lol: !!
Ginga o Tsuranuku Densetsu no Yaiba!!!

Seijuu Sentai Gingaman!!!
That Guy
Save the life
Posts: 2341
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:16 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann
Location: Georgia, US

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby That Guy » Sun May 30, 2010 10:00 am

Kogashi wrote:... Who is getting up that early!? And on a Sunday!? I can barely pull myself out of bed by noon on a Sundays, and some people in Japan are getting up at 6, maybe before!? ... I swear if I lived in Japan my sleep cycle would be worse off than it already is = =;

They have DVRs in Japan, you know. XP
User avatar
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Posts: 2986
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:33 am
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Gaim
2ndFavoriteSeries: Shinkenger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Deadly Premonition
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher
Location: San Francisco, CA
Contact:

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby Kogashi » Sun May 30, 2010 4:16 pm

tennomichi wrote:
Kogashi wrote:... Who is getting up that early!? And on a Sunday!? I can barely pull myself out of bed by noon on a Sundays, and some people in Japan are getting up at 6, maybe before!? ... I swear if I lived in Japan my sleep cycle would be worse off than it already is = =;



for god's sake it is for kids... not old people like us :roll:

GET OFF MY LAWN! *shakes his walking stick in the air... than slowly falls asleep while standing*
Multitappers! Live on Twitch TV. Check Twitter for exact times.
User avatar
ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM
Faiz
Posts: 561
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:45 pm
Male: Yes
Favorite series: Garo/Shinkenger
2ndFavoriteSeries: Kiva/Kabuto/Blade
Dreamy: Takanashi Rin
Favorite Band: Too many to list
My boom: Gundam
Quote: We're not tools of the government or anyone elses. Fighting was the only thing i was good at, but at least i fought for what i believed in.-Gray Fox

Re: Super Sentai Vs. Theater

Postby ZGMF-X20A STRIKE FREEDOM » Mon May 31, 2010 11:45 am

Guardian07 wrote::lol: From where I come from, waking up at 6 is commonplace. Waking up after 7 is weird. Anyway, If I'm not mistaken, Japan has long day periods. By 6 or 7am, it's already bright.

The Super Sentai vs theater thing sounds fun. I'm checking them out.

Hence "The land of the rising sun".
Image
We Begin The Armed Intervention with Gundam

Return to “Sentai”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest