Toei Company Supaidaman 1970's japanese version of spiderman

It's more than just Kamen Rider and Sentai
SSCat
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Quote: I watch Super Sentai and Karmen Rider for the cheesiness!

Toei Company Supaidaman 1970's japanese version of spiderman

Post by SSCat »

http://marvel.com/tv/show/128/japanese_spiderman

i do not know if it's been posted before I'm new. The link has episodes to 1970 spiderman. The one that had the giant robot. It's funny as heck. Looks like a Karmen Rider and Super Sentai episode with a SpiderMan costume.

Thought I would let know that yes this was the Toei Company production.
Last edited by SSCat on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GenaroOz
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Liveman
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Be water, my friend.

Re: Toei Company 1970's japanese version of spiderman

Post by GenaroOz »

Actually, Spiderman (a.k.a Supaidaman) is a pretty big deal in tokusatsu productions. He had a giant robot before Sentai series...
Even Stan Lee has talked in interviews about the alliance with Toei.
SSCat
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Re: Toei Company 1970's japanese version of spiderman

Post by SSCat »

GenaroOz wrote:Actually, Spiderman (a.k.a Supaidaman) is a pretty big deal in tokusatsu productions. He had a giant robot before Sentai series...
Even Stan Lee has talked in interviews about the alliance with Toei.
That is why I wanted to share this link. I did not know where to put it or what to truly do with it. I've been watching the episodes and love it. I found it while trying to look for the very first Super Sentai. I figured it was a big deal. I know for me I'm just learning about the older stuff Toei has done. I love the Spider car that thing rocks I would love to have it.

So is it true that no Super Sentai series had giant robots or is that because they were so new at the time that the plot had not come to be? i had a debate with my roommate about it and he is of the belief that they had Giant Robo shows before so it wasn't that big of a deal it wasn't the first.

BTW it reminded me so much of the Karmen Rider more then the Super Sentai because of the way the Army was set up. Every time I see Iron Claw I think Da Shocker.
GenaroOz
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Liveman
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Be water, my friend.

Re: Toei Company Supaidaman 1970's japanese version of spide

Post by GenaroOz »

So is it true that no Super Sentai series had giant robots or is that because they were so new at the time that the plot had not come to be?
You mean the first Sentai series, Goranger? Well, the first Giant Robo appear in Battle Fever J (third Sentai generation). So, basicly, Goranger and JAKQ are just Sentai, while every team after them are known as Super Sentai. For me, Goranger is the first Super Sentai; and that's all, hehehe. You can see this:
Spoiler

About Giant Robo, I think the very first one is from a series named Ganbaron (but I haven't seen it, so...). And one of my favorite live action releases about robots is Tetsujin 28-Go. Man, I love robots!
SSCat
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by SSCat »

I am bad with Giant Robo series to. Voltron was the first giant robot series I saw. I think that is why when I was younger I liked the original power rangers. I had been a anime fan, but not into giant robo series. Then when I found out how bad America screwed it up I was mad. I started to watch the original Super Sentai. Tv-nihon exposed me to what true Super Sentai and Karmen Riders were. I have been a true fan of it every since. My only problem is my roommates make fun of me because of my love for Giant Robo series. Thanks to fansubs I was exposed to how great japanese series like these are.
GenaroOz wrote:
So is it true that no Super Sentai series had giant robots or is that because they were so new at the time that the plot had not come to be?
You mean the first Sentai series, Goranger? Well, the first Giant Robo appear in Battle Fever J (third Sentai generation). So, basicly, Goranger and JAKQ are just Sentai, while every team after them are known as Super Sentai. For me, Goranger is the first Super Sentai; and that's all, hehehe. You can see this:
Spoiler

About Giant Robo, I think the very first one is from a series named Ganbaron (but I haven't seen it, so...). And one of my favorite live action releases about robots is Tetsujin 28-Go. Man, I love robots!
Mifune013
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Dreamy: Makoto Okunaka
Favorite Actor?: Take a guess.
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "In all Chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order" ~Carl Jung

Post by Mifune013 »

I still want to play a superhero tabletop RPG with a character based on this Spiderman. Probably do without the battle cry activated webslingers though (and giant robot...and battle car).

Return to “Other Heroes”