2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Watanabe Natsuna
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: miraculous
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Indonesian henshin hero?

Post by MadCow »

I didn't see a topic on this yet so I thought I'd mention. Here's the Youtube teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQG7WFO-uVw

Bima Satria Garuda (garuda knight ???). The enemy looks interesting, though voice acting seems over the top (but then again I'm not familiar with Indonesian shows). The transformation phrase ("berubah!") sounds a bit lame to me though... not sure how different Bahasa Indonesia is to Bahasa Melayu in Malaysia, but literally means a plain vanilla version of "change!" or "changing!".

Hope it gets some decent story and action instead of the slow, boringness of the Chinese Armor Hero.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Indonesian henshin hero?

Post by Lunagel »

Dude, Armor Hero was the shit. Best MST3K tokusatsu ever!
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kabuto

Post by MadCow »

lol I didn't actually have any problem with Armor Hero's story or approach.... but what bored me to tears was the slowness of everything. Slow-mo fights, slow-mo special moves, slow-mo gadget animations, even though we've seen their weapons transform a billion times already.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MadCow »

So the first ep showed up on Youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwWywyIUMoo

The video and sound quality isn't very good, but decent enough to get an idea of the show. I didn't fully understand the whole thing, but the design and effects look pretty good. Mook fights felt badly choreographed but the fight with that Destro-like villain near the end shows promise. I don't see much of a plot going on, at least at this point. Bad guys invade from another... err.. universe? reality? Hero is chosen for his selfless act and is given the power to henshin an protect the Earth. Pretty bog-standard kids action show plot so far.

And it ends in a cliffhanger... I'll wait for ep2 before I pass further judgement.
locuas
Crossing a Millennium

Post by locuas »

for what i heard, the bad guys are from an alternate universe with little or no resources, so they are taking resources from earth because they need them.
Also, the opening is one of thos openings whose lyrics are probably dumb, but are so catchy that i cannot stop listening.
MadCow
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by MadCow »

So ep2 turned up a couple of days ago, and I finally had time to sit down and check it out last night.

So the recurring villain is uchuu kaizoku Destro (well... Iron Mask or Metal Mask, based on what I hear) who has his own gokai galleon.

Our hero is always in communication with the other guy (a not-Phillip kun).

His henshin sequence is very kamen rider, but he makes a roll call after transformation like a super sentai.

From my limited understanding (and bad youtube audio quality), the dialog is corny. Sometimes cringe-worthy. "The power stone picked you! Therefore it is your destiny!"

The one-on-one fights are good and entertaining, though the hero's final attack came out of nowhere and without any explanation other than "I think it is time to use your hissatsu weapon!" (paraphrased).

The mook fights, as I mentioned in ep1, are still poor IMHO. I think this is due to both camera work and the stunt actors' movements/agility. In good toku fights you see a lot of movement and action, and good camera angles to avoid showing everyone too often. The fights end up looking believable as they only come at the hero one at a time while the rest are "dancing" in the background. Over here though, there's too much wide angle shots showing the mooks surrounding and coming at the hero simultaneously, while he has very little room to maneuver so it always looks like he is getting mobbed even though the show pretends he's dodging and fighting efficiently.

Well, overall it feels corny and more "lower age group" than what I am used to for toku... I don't think I'll be following this show on a regular basis but might check out the latest episode once in a while to see what's up.
bondanrastika
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Garo

Post by bondanrastika »

i heard it's a licensed show from bandai and ishinomori production. CMIIW though. because i don't really follow this show either. despite the fact that i'm living in Indonesia.

still lacking that "toku" flavour, IMO.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I've had a couple of looks at it. It's okay I guess. Presumably because I'm not accustomed to the language it sounds funny.

Definitely not on the same level as glorious Armour Hero though.
Garuda
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by Garuda »

this is probably the first serious attempt of localy produced tokusatsu in Indonesia...
a bahasa indonesia speaker myself, i agree that "berubah" is kind of lame :) actually I had been thinking of alternatives... and thought probably just to stick to "henshin" :)
they need to make the Indonesian language here more natural... they mix formal and informal languages, in rather improper context. IMHO
I agree with the comments above about the fight.. I do think for the first attempt, this looks very good!

I hope this is not the last attempt... and more to come with improvements. we in indonesia need more alternatives to junk soap operas that are flooding our TV Channels

I found this group SKYfansubs that provide english subs of this series... enjoy.

Return to “Other Heroes”