MEGA MONSTER BATTLE: ULTRA GALAXY LEGENDS

It's more than just Kamen Rider and Sentai
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

MEGA MONSTER BATTLE: ULTRA GALAXY LEGENDS

Post by Jim Ballard »

Popular series ULTRAMAN MEBIUS and ULTRA GALAXY come together in the new movie MEGA MONSTER BATTLE: ULTRA GALAXY LEGENDS - THE MOVIE, which opens to screens in Japan this December.

The movie sees three popular Ultra heroes facing off against over 100 kaiju and a new evil Ultraman.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2009 ... the-movie/
Wolf-man
7X

Re: MEGA MONSTER BATTLE: ULTRA GALAXY LEGENDS

Post by Wolf-man »

My brother was telling me about this earlier today. This should be a lot of fun. I like the idea of the Ultramen teaming up with Daikaiju from their past. Can't wait till it comes out on DVD and we can get some subs!
Battra
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultra Seven
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Tiga
Dreamy: Sakura Nishihori
Favorite Band: Akira Ifukube
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Ultra Seven

Post by Battra »

Interesting that their their saying this Belial is the first villainous Ultra in the history of the franchise, I guess their Retconning all those Dark Ultra's in the Tigaverse along with with the ones in Nexus. Also interesting choice in hiring Sakamoto to direct the movie, I wonder how his experiences with the PR franchise will shape the movie?
Defeat the Great Fire-Breathing Monster... use your Ultra Beam and... STRIKE!
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Post by Jim Ballard »

Battra wrote:Interesting that their their saying this Belial is the first villainous Ultra in the history of the franchise, I guess their Retconning all those Dark Ultra's in the Tigaverse along with with the ones in Nexus.
To be honest, I think Tsuburaya are just being really anal about their definition of "Ultraman". I realise a lot of the evil Ultras in the Showa series were imitations, but the ones in TIGA: FINAL ODYSSEY and ULTRAMAN NEXUS should really count. I suppose their excuse is that they "didn't come from M-78", but then that kind of implies that Tiga, Dyna, Gaia, Cosmos, Nexus, et al aren't really Ultramen, since they're not from M-78 either.

Whatever. If it sells tickets...
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Oooo... New movie! And I spot Seven and Ultraman with a coat! Could it be that they have been promoted in the Space Garrison? Good thing that it's after my major exams at the end of the year! XD
teku
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz, Kabuto
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFP Healer

Post by teku »

It'll be great since there is no new Ultra Series airing currently.

But I wonder, to understand the movie I've to watch Ultra Galaxy & Ultra Galaxy NEO first. Where can I find those series? I've tried their daikaijyu sites, but the video is not playable. Any comment?
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

Pray T-N picks it up in the long run? Haha.
teku
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by teku »

Pray if it's put into DVD... I don't think such pay-per-view online airings like that will be marketed in DVD...
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Post by Jim Ballard »

My review's now on SciFi Japan:
http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2009 ... ra-galaxy/

Awesome movie!
chubbysentaihero
Why are we all 15?
Why are we all 15?
Favorite series: Flashman
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Ki Ranger
Favorite Actor?: Daita Ooiwa
Favorite Band: Coheed and Cambria
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: Yogurt
Quote: Boukenger! Boukenger!! Boukenger!!!

Post by chubbysentaihero »

Is MEGA MONSTER BATTLE a tv series? or just a movie and game? The Wiki page of the Ultraseries says it is a series and already has two seasons, but at times wiki can be unreliable. I am asking cause i cant find any downloads on the series or youtube stuff other than some random stuff that probably is from the movie. Anybody could help?
teku
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by teku »

It is not a movie. As far as I understood, it's an online, pay-per-view show.
Jim Ballard
Go Go!

Post by Jim Ballard »

It's a whole franchise, so it depends what you're talking about.

It began as a card-based video game series entitled MEGA MONSTER BATTLE: ULTRA MONSTERS (Daikaiju Batoru ULTRA MONSTERS), which has now had several spin-offs.

It was then adapted into a 13-part TV series in 2007 called ULTRA GALAXY: MEGA MONSTER BATTLE (Urutora Gyarakushii Daikaiju Batoru), and followed in 2008 with another 13-part TV sequel series ULTRA GALAXY: MEGA MONSTER BATTLE NEO (Urutora Gyarakushii Daikaiju Batoru NEVER ENDING ODYSSEY). These were broadcast on the satellite TV station BS11 digital.
Series 1 Official Website: http://www.daikaijyu.com/galaxy1/
Series 2 Official Website: http://www.daikaijyu.com/galaxy/index2.html

Today (December 12th) a new feature-length movie opened in theatres in Japan called MEGA MONSTER BATTLE: ULTRA GALAXY (Daikaiju Batoru Urutora Ginga Densetsu THE MOVIE). This movie was directed by Koichi Sakamoto of POWER RANGERS. If you want to learn more about the movie, a couple of days ago I translated all of the official press notes for the movie into English and included several big images and 4 new TV commercials: http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2009 ... ess-notes/
Official Movie Website: http://www.ultra-legend.com/
William_Duel
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Faiz
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: The World.

Post by William_Duel »

Man I saw this and it is great. I hope it gets subbed soon. But without spoiling anything, I'm not much of an Ultraman fan, I watch the movies occasionally and have a vague interest (Ultraman Next and the last one with the 8 ultramen were good movies too) but this one is great and I recommend it to anyone who likes action. And not to harp on too much but the decade movies, I've seen the one TVN subbed and it was great don't get me wrong, but the Kamen Rider franchise could learn a thing or two from how the Ultraman franchise does movies.

EDIT: and oh to answer some of those last questions, the Ultra Galaxy was a two season show that tied into Ultraman with direct references and such. Basically as the movie title implies, this movie ties in with that franchise too.
Soldat Veritas

Return to “Other Heroes”