18%

Total votes: 148
mrangel
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Re: All Riders Versus All Rangers

Post by mrangel »

Shinken Red wrote:
mrangel wrote: Lets count rangers! (Trusting wikipedia for ones I'm not familiar with)
Spoiler
(Note: I've counted allies who have a 'hero name' or can transform, but not assistant robots. For some of the earlier series, I've had to guess whether or not certain characters should count as rangers)
Goranger: 6
JAKQ: 5
Battle Fever J: 7
Denziman: 5
Sun Vulcan: 5
Goggle-V (+Junior Goggle 5): 10
Dynaman: 5
Bioman: 6
Changeman: 5
Flashman: 5
Maskman: 6
Liveman: 5
Turboranger: 5
Fiveman: 5
Jetman (+Neo-Jetman): 10
Zyuranger: 6
Dairanger: 6
Kakuranger: 6
Ohranger: 6
Carranger: 5
Megaranger: 6
Gingaman: 6
GoGo5: 5
Timeranger: 6
Gaoranger: 6
Hurricanger (+Gouraiger +Shurikenger): 6
Abaranger: 4
Dekaranger: 10
Magiranger: 9
Boukenger (+Aka red): 7
Gekiranger: 5
Go-onger: 7
Shinkenger (including Shinken-Brown): 7
Goseiger: 6

For a grand total of ... 209 rangers.

Umm ... so Kamen Riders have the greater numbers?
Uh, you included Shinken-Brown (who was a honorary but not a true Shinkenger...he doesn't even have any powers), but left out Abarekiller for Abaranger?
Trusting wikipedia was clearly a mistake :p (No, I've not seen Abaranger yet).
I counted Abarekiller, but the main page over there fails to mention that they have a Black in the team. (Well, it mentions him in the context of plot responsibility, but doesn't say that he's actually one of the rangers)
Reading through a more in-depth article, I discover that I've missed out AbarePink as well ... so that's 211 vs 210 if we're approaching it purely from a numbers standpoint.
Taskmaster
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Taskmaster »

Riders will win, hands down and with little casualties as well.

Let's say that the battle between these two groups occur in a urban environment (aka a city) and everyone has the intention to kill.

-Ultimate Kuuga's Pyrokensis can incinerate the Rangers before they can even touch him.

-Decade basically killed all the riders in the series single handedly which means his power level is 1x111 which basically means they only need Decade to win the battle for them.

-Time Maniplution/Speed Augmentations is a nail on the coffin for the Rangers with several riders able to perform Time Manipulation and Speed Augmentations, enabling them to take 2 to 3 groups each (or maybe even all.

-Zolda can basically end the match with a missle and laser barrage.

-OOO's Gatakiriba Combo can make up for numbers, Ratoratah for Speed Killing and Sagozo Combo for basically planting them into the ground.

-Ryuki Riders can trap the rangers on the other side of mirrors and we all know that you can't cross over if you don't have a Rider Deck, effectively killing them (they can also trap the Mechs in the mirror world as well)

-Amazon and Gills can feast on their armorless bodies.

-J's Meteor Kick is a match ender.

-Arc can take care of 5 groups of rangers, no problem.

-Denliner vs Ranger Mechs = Denliner winning. Why? Because the Denliner is much more manueverable than their slow moving mechs and can fire a whole lot of things at the mechs and at the rangers below.

-Faiz Blaster Mode's Rider Kick has an AoE Effect that can slice anyone near the point of impact.

-Let's not forget the Stun Effects that the Faiz Rider have when they use their Pointers.

-Almost every rider has a crowd control skill.

-Riders have Cannon Fodders like Riotroopers and Zect Troopers (shockers are not included)

-DiEnd can supply endless troops if not taken out first.

-Kamen Rider Core can join in the fight since he technically counts as an Evil Rider which basically fucks the chances of the Rangers of ever winning.

-RANGERS HAVE NO ARMOR! I've seen several riders getting their armors damaged, broken or melted which means the Rangers are fucked if that happens to them.

-Take note that the more Rangers that uses their Mechs, the less ground troops they will have. Keep in mind that if all Rangers stay in one place like a mech, they are easy targets for giant killer riders.

-Majority of the riders are not human such as Showa Riders, Agito, A.Agito, Gills, Odin (He's basically God), Blade, Chalice, Kiva and Den-o (If used by the Imagines)

-The Riders have Gackt on their side, nuff said.

And that's only a few of the gimmicks they can do and I only mentioned a few riders (mostly Heisei Riders).

Let's face it, the Riders have too much of an advantage with just gimmicks. Even if they use their skills, their gimmicks alone can multiple their chances of winning by two, tens or even hundreds.

P.S Rangers takes hits like little girls.
Last edited by Taskmaster on Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaijumaster

Post by Kaijumaster »

wait, didn't Decade show that Everyday Sentai monsters are incalcubly stronger that Rider monsters? I mean you take some of the POWERhouse teams, and some of the "Killing monsters is out busines....and business is good" teams like Geki and Shinken and the riders just fall.
Taskmaster
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by Taskmaster »

@Kaiji: Not really since that Kaijin got DiEnd's Weapon which made it stronger than usual.

If Kaito was not obsessed with his treasure hunting and fought the Kaijin instead, he could have killed it singlehandedly.

Decade had a problem with it because it had the DiEnd Driver, basically powering up the Kaijin.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's not because it had the DiEnd driver, it's because he used it to freakin transform into a Kamen Rider, a feat known to multiply baseline power. It has been shown in the past that monster that transform into Riders are more powerful than humans that transform into riders (Nega Den-O and the first Dark Kivat being prime examples). He was already a monster that could go toe to toe with Decade, so if his power increased by transforming, of course it'll take more to take him down.

You guys really need to think and attempt to justify why you bring up points, otherwise this just turns into fanboys arguing.
Wing Form Decade
It's not even funny
It's not even funny
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider 555
Dreamy: Riki from Kiva
Favorite Actor?: Yusuke Yamamoto)
Favorite Band: Super Junior
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: SHINee's Onew
Quote: this is the drill that will pierce the heavens

Post by Wing Form Decade »

Again Timeranger and Dairanger can nullify the clock-up ability time ranger can slow down time and if they use hyper clock up DaiYellow will just do the same also time ranger and go back in time as well hence the name TIMEranger. Also the HUNDREDS of Gaoanimals dont need people to be in them they can take out the forces with just themselves as well as the GekiMechs and the Engines they don't need people in them to be active also the sentai with elemental abilities like all the rangers that use wind or air if they were fighting to win they could just suck the air out of the human riders lungs. also Gaosilver has a stunning effect with his finisher. and The sentai's take a lot more damge then get back up and win then the riders do
Kamen Rider Birca
Favorite series: Shinkenger, Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz,000,Go-Onger
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: I'm just a passing through Kamen Rider...

Post by Kamen Rider Birca »

D-boy wrote:
Kamen Rider Birca wrote: Okay thanks for the clarification!, speaking of helpers, how about the other imagin then (whoever Den-O or Zeronos or New Den-O isn't using)? Do they count as the peanut gallery, or do they count as riders? See Farewell Den-O for the gist of what I'm getting at.
Den-O is the rider. Imagine are peanut gallery till they are in the suit.

... of course they could pull an Ore Tanjo XD
For all of the people claiming the riders win via the imagin, please go back a couple of pages to read my logic!

But anyhow, with counting Go-kaiger and Decade,
they would STILL DESTROY EACH OTHER, just due to decade and go-kai cancel out
The easygoing dreamer! I'm Engine Birca
Shinken Red
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Go-busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Luka/GokaiYellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Foo Fighters
My boom: Akibaranger

Post by Shinken Red »

I think this argument of Riders vs Rangers will add a new wrinkle once Goukaigers come out, since they are supposed to be the Sentai equivalent of Decade. I also think that with the imaginative power of Modikara, Shinkengers can improvise and come up with creative ways to help the Sentais win the battle (like how they were able to bind Doukoku in Act 49 with their shodo phones).
Kamen Rider Birca
Favorite series: Shinkenger, Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz,000,Go-Onger
Favorite Band: JAM Project
Quote: I'm just a passing through Kamen Rider...

Post by Kamen Rider Birca »

Shinken Red wrote:I think this argument of Riders vs Rangers will add a new wrinkle once Goukaigers come out, since they are supposed to be the Sentai equivalent of Decade. I also think that with the imaginative power of Modikara, Shinkengers can improvise and come up with creative ways to help the Sentais win the battle (like how they were able to bind Doukoku in Act 49 with their shodo phones).

True, with all of the banter of who would win, we forgot most of sentai's powers
Modikara COULD KNOCK OUT CLOCK UP and anything else, see shinken v. go on for some of the best uses
The easygoing dreamer! I'm Engine Birca
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Wing Form Decade wrote:Again Timeranger and Dairanger can nullify the clock-up ability time ranger can slow down time and if they use hyper clock up DaiYellow will just do the same also time ranger and go back in time as well hence the name TIMEranger. Also the HUNDREDS of Gaoanimals dont need people to be in them they can take out the forces with just themselves as well as the GekiMechs and the Engines they don't need people in them to be active also the sentai with elemental abilities like all the rangers that use wind or air if they were fighting to win they could just suck the air out of the human riders lungs. also Gaosilver has a stunning effect with his finisher. and The sentai's take a lot more damge then get back up and win then the riders do
That makes no sense. TimeRangers can travel through time, yes, but so can the Den Liner, Zero Liner and Gaoh Liner and King Liner not to mention G-Den O can travel through time without the aid of a Time Train, which would be able to out number the Time Rangers. Also, Kirin Rangers Time Manipulation ability is A) only shown to be able to reverse 15 or so seconds and B) Had been stated taxing on his Ki, being unable to do it rapidly. Frankly, your arguement about them being able to out time manipulate the Riders is flawed because the Riders simply posses a larger amount of members that can take advantage of this (All of Kabuto and Den-O), and to a better degree in Kabutos case.

Also, the whole Sentai takes more damage thing and gets back up is crap. I find it hard to be used effectivly when it happens nearly every single episode. It's a writing thing to make scenes more dramatic. If anything, they can't get the damned job done right the first time, and the monster gets sloppy and underestimates him.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

Goukaiger needs not to be counted. As they haven't even made a cameo apperance nor a the first Episode debut. But let me go ahead and play devil's advocate here, even with Goukaiger. They are just summoning rangers. I seriously doubt they are going to be killing off older rangers like Decade was. That Killing off and turning your opponent into a card is basically what makes Decade the powerhouse that he is. Sorry but Goukaiger does not equal Decade.
Wing Form Decade
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Catastrophe wrote:
Wing Form Decade wrote:Again Timeranger and Dairanger can nullify the clock-up ability time ranger can slow down time and if they use hyper clock up DaiYellow will just do the same also time ranger and go back in time as well hence the name TIMEranger. Also the HUNDREDS of Gaoanimals dont need people to be in them they can take out the forces with just themselves as well as the GekiMechs and the Engines they don't need people in them to be active also the sentai with elemental abilities like all the rangers that use wind or air if they were fighting to win they could just suck the air out of the human riders lungs. also Gaosilver has a stunning effect with his finisher. and The sentai's take a lot more damge then get back up and win then the riders do
That makes no sense. TimeRangers can travel through time, yes, but so can the Den Liner, Zero Liner and Gaoh Liner and King Liner not to mention G-Den O can travel through time without the aid of a Time Train, which would be able to out number the Time Rangers. Also, Kirin Rangers Time Manipulation ability is A) only shown to be able to reverse 15 or so seconds and B) Had been stated taxing on his Ki, being unable to do it rapidly. Frankly, your arguement about them being able to out time manipulate the Riders is flawed because the Riders simply posses a larger amount of members that can take advantage of this (All of Kabuto and Den-O), and to a better degree in Kabutos case.

Also, the whole Sentai takes more damage thing and gets back up is crap. I find it hard to be used effectivly when it happens nearly every single episode. It's a writing thing to make scenes more dramatic. If anything, they can't get the damned job done right the first time, and the monster gets sloppy and underestimates him.

Time ranger has 5 Time Jets Time shadow and v-rex they still out mnumber their meachines that go back in time .
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

the machines can go back in time but the rangers can't. that was part of the whole catch 22 of that series. Apparently that technology doesn't allow it.
Wing Form Decade
It's not even funny
It's not even funny

Aeikozz wrote:the machines can go back in time but the rangers can't. that was part of the whole catch 22 of that series. Apparently that technology doesn't allow it.

oh well thats kinda lame i never really got into timeranger
Ogiga99
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by Ogiga99 »

I think that the sentai teams would win. Aside from having numbers people seem to overestimate the riders in terms of their strength against kaijin. While it is true that usually 1 sentai kaijin=5 sentai and 1 rider kaijin=1 rider. People assume that the kaijin have the same strength. If you remember back to the Kamen Rider Decade episode where they visit the Shinkenger world, Diend fights against an Ayakashi and gets beaten quite easily. This seems to be a pretty good indicator that rider kaijin are roughly 1/5 the strength of sentai kaijin. Also consider how Narutaki believes that Takeru (ShinkenRed) alone is a match for Decade. While yes the Riders do have powered up forms, the sentai teams do as well. If you include all of the battlizers and weapons from the American Power Rangers than sentai would easily be able to match super modes. Also if the sentai use there mechs smartly, and instead of trying to step on the riders just use their finishers to blow up the entire country, the riders would have no way of surviving. People also forget about the sentai wild cards who we do not know the full extent of their powers. For instance AkaRed has the power of 30 red sentai and we only get a glimpse of his power. Also we have yet to see the power of the Gokaigers, who appear to be the sentai equivalents of Decade, meaning that possibly the strongest team has yet to prove its power. Another point is that Riders tend to de-henshin much more easily than sentai. consider how easily the Faiz and Blade riders lose their form, and how easy it is to remove the belts that are necessary for the transformation. We have seen Ryuki, Faiz, Kiva, Decade, Diend, and OOO fall victim to easily broken transformations. Overall 1 sentai is approximately of equal strength to one rider, not including super modes and weapons. With numbers and teamwork the sentai have a major advantage. Not to mention that when Riders change forms they need to use devices that require time. In such a huge fight, Double would have difficulty switching memories, Ankh couldn't give OOO medals, Decade wouldn't have time to use the K-Touch. Ryuki, Blade, Decade, and Diend wouldn't be able to use their cards. Also while Kabuto riders have Clock Up, their have been countless times when sentai teams have had to face enemies with super speed. I say victory goes to Super Sentai.

Return to “Other Heroes”