Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Re: All Riders Versus All Rangers

Post by Aeikozz »

Ogiga99 wrote:I think that the sentai teams would win. Aside from having numbers people seem to overestimate the riders in terms of their strength against kaijin. While it is true that usually 1 sentai kaijin=5 sentai and 1 rider kaijin=1 rider. People assume that the kaijin have the same strength. If you remember back to the Kamen Rider Decade episode where they visit the Shinkenger world, Diend fights against an Ayakashi and gets beaten quite easily. This seems to be a pretty good indicator that rider kaijin are roughly 1/5 the strength of sentai kaijin.
Please reread the entire thread. It has been stated mutiple times that the only reason why that kajin was any bit powerful was because he got ahold of DiEnd's Driver. The "Kajin" your refering to isn't even a Kajin by that point. Episode 25 of Decade - 28 seconds in states "As I thought... a Kamen Rider has been born in the world too!" So yeah Technically that "Kajin" is actually a Kamen Rider so Prepare for his wrath in which Shinkenger needed Kuuga, Blade and Decade to Destroy.

Narutaki was of his rocker for most of the show until the last movie when we some of his wording made a little sense.

And Riders form changes don't take no where's as long to do as powering up weapons and organizing them in the right order does for Ranger finishers.
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

decade standing at the middle with PINK LASERS FIRING OUT OF NOWHERE,,, THAT'S FREAKING PINK LASERS OUT OF NOWHERE... destroys even those you so called "mecha killers" like den-liner, castle doran, hibiki's disc animal... and thats just one man artillery... include those like zolda, G3, G4, kaixa with side basher... plus they have philip on their side... looks up on each rangers weakness...

i also agree to the guy who said that Ryuki riders could just abduct the rangers and send them to advent voi... mirror world i mean... :mrgreen: ... rangers' helmets are mostly shiny and glossy....

there's also a lot of riders who had time manipulation like odin's time vent, den-o riders, hyper kabuto, kiva's castle doran...

but then again all seig has to do is say his "super kneel down to me"... end of the story...
DrowningFishy
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Silly Kaijiu. Kicks are for Riders!" - hunter-urufu

Post by DrowningFishy »

A very good point, not all riders are human. While only a scant few sentai can be considered notish (abaranger black giving leyway for him) or half. And we all know what happens when you piss off a non human or non full human rider. Sh!t hits the fan you drive a non/half-human rider over the edge and the following scene looks like prana (sp) tearing apart a helpless chicken.

I was watching Dekaranger the ep where their base gets high jacked. IT's not so much as the riders getting ahold of a mecha, it's what they'd do with it. Agian Riders play dirty.

Yes, Sentai do have a huge advantage with teams, but they are not used to fighting alone should most or all their team members fall. Early on Sentai are going to have the foot hold, but should the planet not exsplode the riders will break out once the Sentai's start wearing out.

Man this would make a GREAT video game. Screw Capcom VS Marvel we need Riders VS Sentai
Gunzy
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Ryukendo
Dreamy: Sayaka Isoyama
Favorite Band: Clazziquai
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Video Games
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gunzy »

DrowningFishy wrote: Man this would make a GREAT video game. Screw Capcom VS Marvel we need Riders VS Sentai
I'm gonna need you to go home with that nonsense.
ImageImage
markverendia
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Hana from Den-O
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: OOO
Quote: Ore futatabi sanjou!

Post by markverendia »

Gunzy wrote:
DrowningFishy wrote: Man this would make a GREAT video game. Screw Capcom VS Marvel we need Riders VS Sentai
I'm gonna need you to go home with that nonsense.
Whats wrong with his idea??

besides they already got that started with "Mugen" vs game...

just in case you dont know what Mugen is GOOGLE IT

mugen is basically whatever you want vs whatever you want in classic marvel vs capcom engine...
DO unto others

BEFORE they do unto you....

>:)
markverendia
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by markverendia »

I really hope people stop insisting the power sentai have coz of the mecha...

i mean COME ON! one final attack on any unlucky member of any sentai group practically kills their ability to summon a "fully functional" megazord.

the riders dont even need to kill em

1. ryuki riders can just grab one and take him/her/it to mirror world and leave him/her/it there.

2. tiger's freeze vent :)

3. Goseiger is practically useless against gai's confine vent >:)

4. SaGoZou scanning charge anyone?

5. Sieg.... YOUR HEAD IS HIGH MOFO!

6. Have you guys forgotten that phillip can look up anything? he can just go like "That ranger's weakness is...." or "That ranger has stinky feet" blah blah

the only REAL threat to the riders is Banba(Big One) and Aka (Red)
DO unto others

D-boy
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Faiz/W/000/HCPrecure
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Decade
My boom: Riders in general
Quote: Real Men watch HeartCatch! Precure, Open My Heart!
Location: not all here, and not all there... sometimes you'll find me somewhere else.

Post by D-boy »

There is also the teamwork issue. Without bring all the off screen hibiki riders (which i don't think should count anyway, but that's just me) into this, the general counts so far have it at a rough 2-1 ratio for sentai and riders. Now, true there are some sentai that could easily equal one rider (Takeru comes to mind), there are many that don't. More so, with that 2-1, the sentai can't make as strong of a use of their team tactics. Not that they couldn't, it just wouldn't be the all powerful asset some have made it so far.

To be fair, I don't think all the riders are equal to one Takeru either. Maybe if we examined each one individual, there could be hope for some of the sentai XD
Shoutaro: "Are you dense? Are you retarded? I'm the God Damned Kamen Rider!!!"
-Kamen Rider W, as written by Frank Miller
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

There are a couple of Rangers that would be more powerful than the rest. Off the top of my head, Abare Killer, DekaMaster and MagiShine (and maybe Wolzard Fire) could probably go toe to toe with a Rider, just because they ooze with strength over the others in their team.
markverendia
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by markverendia »

The Greatest power house in all of sentai...

a demonstration of BIGONE's power.... and that stupid roll coll sentai has to do EVERY SINGLE TIME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcvo1vdmmKo

rat cannon owns >:)
DO unto others

markverendia
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by markverendia »

OH POOP I FORGOT!!!!

V3 AND BANBA IS THE SAME PERSON XD

i wonder which part will he choose to play... hmmm >:)
DO unto others

Raitaro
Post Monkey
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Gaoranger
Dreamy: Jasmine (DekaYellow)
Favorite Actor?: Renn Kiriyama
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: Dekaranger
Quote: Now Count Up Your Sins!-Kamen Rider W
Mind If I Reel You In?-Uratraros
F**k This Man I'm Going Into Anime-Nostailga Critic

Post by Raitaro »

markverendia wrote:OH POOP I FORGOT!!!!

V3 AND BANBA IS THE SAME PERSON XD

i wonder which part will he choose to play... hmmm >:)
banba and aoranger are also the same person
Active
KR- Hibiki OOO
SS- Zyuranger Carranger Timeranger Gokaiger
mrangel
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by mrangel »

D-boy wrote:Without bring all the off screen hibiki riders (which i don't think should count anyway, but that's just me) into this, the general counts so far have it at a rough 2-1 ratio for sentai and riders.
Well, I don't really think they should count either; I was just being silly including them.
So lets settle on all the riders who are named "Kamen Rider ?????" (ignoring other rider-like heroes); and rangers who transform or have a (team)-(colour) designation. That gives the rangers closer to a 3-2 advantage in numbers
D-boy wrote:Now, true there are some sentai that could easily equal one rider (Takeru comes to mind), there are many that don't.
Unfortunately, in the absence of direct 'vs' episodes, its very hard to comparatively assess any characters' strengths.
You can probably put all the 'vs' eps together, and come up with a big list of "Attack X does more damage than attack Y", and "Armour X can withstand Attack Y but not Attack Z" ... but that's not really enough information.
If you wanted to do some kind of simulation (which I think would be kind of fun, though time consuming, to set up ... but then I'm a game theory geek), the best you could probably come up with is a massive list of "Attack X (is/isn't) powerful enough to (damage/demolish/damage) a (bridge/road/building)" ... which then allows you to at least rank the power of certain attacks into classes.
D-boy wrote:More so, with that 2-1, the sentai can't make as strong of a use of their team tactics. Not that they couldn't, it just wouldn't be the all powerful asset some have made it so far.
Teamwork is an advantage, but also a disadvantage.

Most of the rangers' ultimate attacks are "team bazooka" type things. Now, if you assume they're equally matched to start with, then both teams will suffer 10% losses in the same arbitrary time period (lets call it a "turn").

So ... first turn over. Riders are down to 110, rangers down to something like 190. But of those rangers, you've got (*does statistical number crunching*) 19 'full' squadrons, 17 teams with 1-3 members down, and 2 guys standing around wondering where all their friends went.

For the riders, taking out 10% of their numbers means their firepower goes down by 10%.
For the rangers, taking out 10% of the numbers reduces their effective firepower by about 30%.

Even if the diminished rangers manage to give as good as they get in subsequent turns (maybe the emotional boost they get from losing comrades gives them an advantage to compensate), by the end of turn 5 you're looking at about 60 riders remaining, and 1 complete ranger squadron.

Oh ... one more thing occurs to me.
What kind of attack is most useful in a massed battle? I don't think I've ever seen a ranger with an effective AoE. (Not sure if someone already mentioned that, though)

I would be seriously interested in putting together a simulation of all this ... putting together a perl script to model the battle as accurately as possible given known information. If anyone's curious or bored or insane enough to help out, we could go through all the available specials coming up with "Attack X beats object Y" (where object Y might be an enemy or a building), and construct a corpus of known data. Then, sensibly, it would be possible to get a computer model to assign semi-random power levels that fit the known criteria. I'd say that's about the best you can get without introducing preconceptions about whether we *think* an attack should be stronger than another.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I like the AoE mention, your right, I don't believe any Sentai characters posses any attacks of that designation, although I can't think of too many riders that have one either (OOO LaToraTah heat burst attack is the only one that pops into mind immediately).
mrangel
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by mrangel »

Catastrophe wrote:I like the AoE mention, your right, I don't believe any Sentai characters posses any attacks of that designation, although I can't think of too many riders that have one either (OOO LaToraTah heat burst attack is the only one that pops into mind immediately).
I know I had a couple in mind his morning. Kiva's Zanbat-sword can certainly take out several enemies at once, though that's more multiple attack than area.

On a similar note, the super sentai mecha seem to concentrate on a single massive bolt or sword-swing to take out giant kaijin, whereas the riders' machines (notably Denliner and Castle Doran) can lay down a fairly intense barrage of various types of projectiles. I suspect that they'd be pretty effective for crowd control / covering fire, too.
JapzLapeno

Post by JapzLapeno »

The Riders each effectively have the strength of one of the Sentai's monsters-of-the-week, and a lot of them have proved effective in crowd control. That means it would generally take one Sentai team to take down one Rider. A select few Sentai members could probably take on one Rider or at least double team one. Still, if you count all the secondary and movie Riders (including all the Den-O Imajin being active and therefore having almost every Den-O form on the field) and Sentai members, i'm pretty sure it's an even match between strength and numbers.

Then you have to factor in that all Sentai are effectively 'good guys' and tend to not fight dirty, which is not true for most of the Riders which gives them an edge in tactics. You also have to factor in Heisei Riders' and Sentai's powered up forms, but i think the advantage there still goes to Riders as their final forms tend to boost their power a LOT more powerful than the Sentai's, and a good number of secondary Riders have at least one powered up form.

As far as mecha goes, the Sentai won't call those in unless there's an enemy of that size to fight (again, the 'good guys' disadvantage), so unless the Riders are calling in Denliner and whatnot, the Sentai won't resort to that. Also, as has been mentioned, most Sentai mecha don't run on autopilot, so you'd generally need a whole team able to summon their combined mecha. Only a few have really proved effective without combination, but if they do resort to that (and decide to disregard their 'good guy' honor and squash a few Riders underfoot), that COULD swing the tide in the Sentai's favor.

Even if you insist on factoring in every ability every character in this fight has, they really only cancel each other out because for every ability a Rider has, there's a team or individual Sentai member that has something just as strong and unique, or something similar. I'm fairly certain that if the Riders don't pull out the Heisei mecha, the Sentai won't resort to their own. Unless Big One stays in the fight long enough to decide they need the mecha and to hell with a fair fight (because he's the only one who might). Aside from that, i say Riders win, even if barely.

Return to “Other Heroes”