Post by takenoko »

Who would win, and why?
D-boy
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Faiz/W/000/HCPrecure
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Decade
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Riders in general
Quote: Real Men watch HeartCatch! Precure, Open My Heart!
Location: not all here, and not all there... sometimes you'll find me somewhere else.

Re: All Riders Versus All Rangers

Post by D-boy »

I'd say riders. they may not have numbers, but they have cunning, skill, and the balls to take on anything thrown at them. Not only that, but some have even been shown to take down enemies larger then themselves. Hibiki. Blade. Den-o. Kiva. Decade. W. 000. They could each take on a mecha or two on their own. XD (well, maybe not power against power in that case, but you'd have a harder time trying to fight a tiny guy with your 'megazord'... and do remember the green ranger and what he.... wait... technically that counts as a spoiler. ... mmm. I said nothing. move along)

Not that it wouldn't be a close fight mind you.

And EPIC!!!

... yes, i'm a fanboy. : p
Last edited by D-boy on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoutaro: "Are you dense? Are you retarded? I'm the God Damned Kamen Rider!!!"
-Kamen Rider W, as written by Frank Miller
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K

Post by Aeikozz »

>_>..

Riders have Decade and DiEnd. The 2nd Decade kills somebody they turn into a card. Passing those over to DiEnd would easily start summoning those into battle. Decade and The entire cast of Kabuto have Clock up. So they could easily take out a bunch of teams in a few seconds. Riders also have Den-O and as we all know Den-O never dies.

The only problem there might be is when Sentai starts summoning Mecha's. Even when they do as long as the riders have killed off a few teams of sentai before that happens they could still beat sentai.

Also Rider kicks have been known to destroy huge things before.
D-boy
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Faiz/W/000/HCPrecure
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Decade
My boom: Riders in general
Quote: Real Men watch HeartCatch! Precure, Open My Heart!
Location: not all here, and not all there... sometimes you'll find me somewhere else.

Post by D-boy »

YES! All Rider Kick FTW!

Beaten and bloody, but victorious and manly!

Kamnen Rider Forever!
Shoutaro: "Are you dense? Are you retarded? I'm the God Damned Kamen Rider!!!"
-Kamen Rider W, as written by Frank Miller
enel16
I am the new #2
I am the new #2
Favorite series: OOO
My boom: One Piece

Post by enel16 »

The numbers are certainly against the Riders and it would be a pretty intense fight, I mean every sentai team has atleast 1 mecha with exception of the first couple of sentai series. Most of the riders would be smart enough though to stay away from the mechas feet rendering them pretty much useless, I mean what use are they really if they can't even see the ant sized riders on the ground. Also the Decade thing where he turns people into cards and DIend can re-summon them. It would probably come down to the numbers being too much for the riders to handle, could you handle a 6 v 1 situation? The riders would most definately win 1 v 1 or even 3 v 1. The only chance they would have is getting some quick defeats and Decade sealing them then DIend summoning to try and even the number defisit.

I want to say Riders but i'm going to have to say Super Sentai.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Assuming giant robots aside, Riders, for the following attempted justification.

I have thought about this randomly on several occasions, and attribute it to the Kajin. In Sentai, it's usually 5 vs 1 to get a kill (usually, there are occasions of single moments of badassary, but those aside). Kamen Rider has traditionally had 1 vs 1 fights (some exceptions), so either the average Rider Kajin is 1/5 the strength of a Sentai one which would make 1 rider equal in strength to 1 Ranger, or the Kajin is full powered which means 1 rider=5 rangers.

Another thing would be the teamwork. Sentai teams function a lot of teamwork (which is always an underlying message), Riders are generally primed to go it solo, and any teamwork between Riders is for the most part, pain for the poor thing on the receiving end of that attack. Riders also generally posses more variation between series, so there would be a mixed haul of powers for this fanfic. Not to mention, most of the Hesei Riders (the main ones anyway), have all kinds of forms and other tricks. But mainly, a mix of powers (ie Mirror Riders with cards, W series with themed memories) vs combining weapons and side arm blasters etc. Also, the Riders would have Arc, who would dwarf a regular Ranger, likely to massacre several teams before being brought down. Not to mention, hax in the way of Clock Up and Kuuga (spoilers for Kuuga episodes)
Spoiler
Blowing up city kick

Also, a mecha counter, Jumbo + FFR Decade using TVK Final Attack Rider. Fuck. A giant Hyper Kabuto. I don't even think the cast of an entire SRW game would want to mess with that.
Slowking
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Favorite series: Magi/Geki/Gokai/Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gosei/W
Quote: Henshin!

Post by Slowking »

Sentai because of teamwork and mecha...
Behold the Emperor!
lonegamer7
Save the life
Favorite series: Transformers
2nd Favorite Series: Mythbusters

Post by lonegamer7 »

Catastrophe has a couple valid points. Riders have quite a bit of versatility, moreso Heisei (look at OOO - over 300 possible combos), but Sentai would be evenly matched if they team up their members correctly. Mecha-wise, Sentai looks to edge out but considering the difficulty of hitting something smaller than the equivalent of the fingernail on your pinky, a very lucky Rider could easily slip into the gaps and start messing around with the machinery (mess up the correct hoses, you can very well bring a big rig to a stop after its momentum bleeds out). There's always other Riders hitching a ride on those with actual rides (Castle Doran, some of the Mirror monsters, Den/Zero-Liner) or hitch a ride with those that can fly (Kiva, Kabuto, some judicious usage with Decade's FFRs). Kamen Rider J + FFR Decade would cut down the Rider numbers though, since J/Decade needs them to perform his Rider Kick.
Last edited by lonegamer7 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Sloth MD »

That's very hard to tell. D:

....But, probably barely Riders since they have a bit of a better arsenal, not to mention the fact that Eiji could just go Gatakiriba and help with the numbers part.

But in reality it'd be the Good Riders/Rangers vs the Evil Riders/Rangers.

And that just wouldn't be fair.
victorstillwater
IXA
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Hibiki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by victorstillwater »

Kamen rider Black RX in Biorider mode could, presumably, turn into some kind of flying energy plasma.

All he'd have to do to disable the robot-type mecha would be to enter the main body and slash wiring. :)
Victor Stillwater:
Former Professional Blogger and Tech Support Rep. Giant Robot Pilot. Kamen Rider-in-training.

Visit my NEW blog of games and geekery at http://iamstillwater.wordpress.com
kokowaks
Salami Commander

Post by kokowaks »

i hate this when they mention this on KR series vs series but i guess i would hold on to CLOCK-UP...

plus shin has the deadliest attacks here... no sparks.. just splatter...
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

Both sides would spontaneously explode due to the high concentration of awesome.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

I'm gonna call this one right up the middle. My reasoning is because I believe that the sides would be to evenly matched Kamen Riders are known for their ability to take down boss or at least commander level monsters on their own, sometimes needing the help of other riders to make sure they stay down, yet at the same time, some Sentai warriors could do the same, but only when they really need to stand out from the others.

In terms of powers, Kamen Riders are somewhat on the better end of the scale because of Kabuto series Clock Up and the Time Vent card from ryuki, witch it pretty much over kill when you also factor in the hyper clock up's ability to stop and rewind time. Also, there's Faiz's Accel form, but still, thats on a timer. Speaking of, has there been a set time limit as to how long Clock up can be used?

Putting the mecha aside, sentai has been known for beating enemies on a mass scale, sometimes without the use of the megazord or any mecha for that matter. Most battles will normally end up with a megazord fighting somewhere to the end. sometiems it's 5 or 6+ (Deka ranger had 9, and yes, I'm counting the temporary ones as well). Also, we do have some skills that could disrupt the flow of battle, like Gosei Blue's Camomirage. Using that to transform one or more Sentai into riders or vice versa could easily confuse some riders. After that, I can't really think of any others (please add on some.)

By the way,
Sloth MD wrote:But in reality it'd be the Good Riders/Rangers vs the Evil Riders/Rangers.
Have their really been any 'evil' rangers? Most of the one's that started bad became good towards the middle of a series. Only time I can think of any truly evil rangers was during PR in space(Megaranger), when they had to fight those aliens that we're set to destroy each of their same color and in Wild Force (Gaoranger) when they had to fight their 'shadows.' Only evil one i can count is Brajira, but he's just a power hungry villain.

And i know that this is technically a Japanese Sentai Vs Kamen Rider, but can we also count Power Rangers as well? When you think about it, they are an American version of sentai, the difference being the Battleizers, skipping Jungle Fury And RPM, and the fact that the first series of PR had three different sentai's at once. Wouldn't that off-set the Sentai team's numbers in their favor?
LonelySoldier
Gabu
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Ryukendo
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: AKB48
Quote: Being forgotten is much more painful than being hated...

Post by LonelySoldier »

Well, it's kinda hard to choose, but I'll go for Riders, since they have a God-kicker, a lot of mirror explorers, badass mutilators, a world destroyer, a super lucky thief, a group of well-trained musicians, an undying train man, a man who walks the path of Heaven, a moon-kicker, and of course... double-boiled EXTREEEEEEEEEME!!! :lol:
What I've learned from watching Kamen Rider OOO :
Don't be greedy, except for Bandai's stuff...
Sloth MD
Douza Uru Zazaado
Alignment: Neutral

Post by Sloth MD »

FangTrigger wrote:Have their really been any 'evil' rangers? ?
I'm counting 'kind of two' since they had been atagonostic (That's spelled wrong.) towards their respective rangers. As I said, not a fair fight at all.

Return to “Other Heroes”