midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

? on s.h. figarts shinkengers....

Post by midorininger »

so i got a shinken red for $33 shipped off ebay. having since received the figure i know wish to get the rest of the team, which is where my question comes in:

why was/is shinken red so cheap, yet the rest of the team is $50+? were there more of red made than others? id assume he'd be more because his rekka daizantou is a big chuck of plastic. however today when i looked for shinken blue, the cheapest were 50 as i said and then i tried other colors only to find all about the same.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: ? on s.h. figarts shinkengers....

Post by Catastrophe »

Red and Gold where standard releases. The rest of the team where Tamashii Web exclusives, which means the aftermarket prices are high as they NEVER reissue the exact same web exclusive figures.

Best bet is to just constantly look around. I find Mandarake the best place for getting any figure that had a low production run for the best possible price. But just keep in mind that web exclusive figures are always going to be expensive.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

i didnt know they were web exclusive. i guess that goes the same for the super versions? and red hime, i saw for cheap so im assuming mass produced as well?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

She's surprisingly easy to find, so she usually goes for around 2000 yen
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

well i saw $33 im not sure what the conversion for that is.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

That conversion is about right. She was a Web Exclusive as well but wasn't as popular, hence the lower price.

I don't think the Web Exclusive Shinkengers got Bluefin releases either, which contributes to the higher price.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

ive seen that term before, bluefin, what does it mean? really she wasnt popular? she was 1 of the things i liked about the series.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Bluefin is a group that secures Japanese toys for Western release, including figuarts.

On of the things they can do is secure what would be a Tamashii Exclusive Figuart (Such as Kiba Ranger) and make it a normal release in the west (as White Tiger Ranger), meaning there are better numbers available.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

.... would this happen to be the sticker on the side of a gundam box in which the small pic on it is a thin blue line thats is curved, im assuming making a blue fin?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm not sure. I've never purchased anything bought over by them.

http://www.bluefincorp.com/catalog/ is the website. Check to see if the logo is the same.

Return to “Toys”