Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toei keeps posting episodes to promote toys

Post by takenoko »

So Toei just posted an episode of DaiRanger on their youtube to promote a Byakko Shinken toy that's coming out. The thumbnail looked pretty sweet. But...

A) I can't watch the video since I live in America
B) I'd much rather have a 5 minute promo to showoff the toy
C) You're posting a video to capitalize on nostalgia to get consumers to buy your toy. Right, I get that. But why would I watch a random episode of your show (episode 44 in this case) on crappy youtube?

I dunno, I just worry that Toei is going to keep this trend up, instead of doing a cool video to show the toy. I like subbing those things. Like seeing Han Megumi be a normal person while talking about that mallet toy for Ninninger was pretty cool. Or bringing Tendou or Gatack's actors for the CSM belts. Those were cool videos too. The actors really put something into the promo to make it entertaining.

Sorry, but just dragging an episode out of the archive seems lazy.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Toei keeps posting episodes to promote toys

Post by Catastrophe »

So what is this exactly? My moon isn't good at all. The price indicates that it's just some display prop? On first guess I figured they would have just repurposed the Power rangers one with slightly higher quality. The page itself has some interesting shit on it, I think the Musou Sabre is Melon which is cool because they never released that.

Teaser is for Shinken Red by the looks of it, so they might do the Shinkenmaru next.

They still do the ads I'm pretty sure. They did one for the CSM Faiz belt but those are blocked on the page for that as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Toei keeps posting episodes to promote toys

Post by takenoko »

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000106315/

You mean this page? From what I can see, it's a higher quality version of some previously released toy. The thing that's weird to me is that it lists a bunch of other stuff and says that's from a gashapon series. Bwa? How big are these things?

Oh, looks like it's 180 mm or about 7 inches. Still tiny kid size, but better proportioned, I guess? At least the ZyuSouKen being short made sense, since that was a dagger.

Why go to the trouble and not make it adult sized?

Edit:
http://ameblo.jp/akipapa123/entry-12143854710.html

Here's someone's review of the gashapon series. Looks like they fit in the palm of your hand

Return to “Toys”