Too Damn cute!

*Secretly wants a Kotoha mini*
zeta_gundam
Save the life
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Re: Cute Shinkenger mini review

Post by zeta_gundam »

I like the way the box becomes a diorama.
Arigomi
Save the life
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

The bodies for ShinkenPink and ShinkenYellow are a little too "boyish" for my liking.

The "kiss" mark on Mako's cheek seems unnecesary and doesn't really fit her personality.

The back of Chiaki's head looks good on the front but I don't like how it ends up being perfectly round in the back.

The overall silhouette for Kotoha's hair bothers me. I tend to picture her hair being wider right below the ears and tapering down. Still, the slight curl on the ends of the hair is really well sculpted, giving the mini a lot of visual interest.

Sadly, the white bands that run along the sides of ShinkenPink's helmet ended up being pink on the mini.

I never noticed before how ShinkenGreen's helmet is such an odd shape. It seems the sculptor had a lot of trouble with this particular mini.

The keychains are extremely tiny if the larger mini is no taller than a AA battery.
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

Arigomi wrote:The bodies for ShinkenPink and ShinkenYellow are a little too "boyish" for my liking.

The "kiss" mark on Mako's cheek seems unnecesary and doesn't really fit her personality.

The back of Chiaki's head looks good on the front but I don't like how it ends up being perfectly round in the back.

The overall silhouette for Kotoha's hair bothers me. I tend to picture her hair being wider right below the ears and tapering down. Still, the slight curl on the ends of the hair is really well sculpted, giving the mini a lot of visual interest.

Sadly, the white bands that run along the sides of ShinkenPink's helmet ended up being pink on the mini.

I never noticed before how ShinkenGreen's helmet is such an odd shape. It seems the sculptor had a lot of trouble with this particular mini.

The keychains are extremely tiny if the larger mini is no taller than a AA battery.
But other than that good, right? Jeez.

They're all brilliant, I think Chiaki's is the best likeness :). I know someone who will be falling over for the Hiroki Aiba fig.
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Arigomi, join the overthinkingit.com crowd, you'd like it there XD

But seriously, his attention to detail is what makes him good at QC. And the comments are pretty true for the most part. The only thing I disagree with is the boyish body one, since I think desexualizing the girls increases the cute factor
harpdevil
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W / GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger

Post by harpdevil »

We probably just approached it in different ways, I was just looking at the pretty pictures and how cute they are lol. It's not easy to animize (a word i am coining for the first time here :P) a real person and still retain their likeness, I think they did a good job. Perhaps the paint job on some of them is a little sloppy, it's not a deal breaker though. I like that you can swap the heads onto the Shinkenger bodies, they havent taken their helmets off in the show yet have they?
Image Demon beasts called Horrors live in the darkness. This is a story of a Makai Knight who cuts down the Horrors. You better not look away.
DisneyKiller
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger/Ryuki
Dreamy: Kinoshita Ayumi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuzaka Tori
Favorite Band: UVERworld
My boom: SNSD

Post by DisneyKiller »

Kawaii! I want Kotoha so bad.
Here is a link to a place where you can buy it
http://plamoya.com/en/prop-plus-petit-s ... ?cPath=184
Ill save. After i finish my goal with Gundam, I will use the money i get from my birthday and save some more to get it.
Arigomi
Save the life
My boom: Board Games

Post by Arigomi »

takenoko wrote:Arigomi, join the overthinkingit.com crowd, you'd like it there XD

But seriously, his attention to detail is what makes him good at QC. And the comments are pretty true for the most part. The only thing I disagree with is the boyish body one, since I think desexualizing the girls increases the cute factor
My nitpicky tendencies actually make me a very difficult person to shop for.

The comment about the boyish body is really a personal preference since I like some differences between the male and female figures.

While I don't ooze enthusiasm, I can still appreciate the craftsmanship. I just look at them through the eyes of someone who likes to make things that require creativity, no matter the medium. My attitude is very similar to how professional comedians rarely laugh at jokes. They find jokes funny but experience has conditioned them to pick jokes apart to determine what makes people laugh so that they can learn from it and use that knowledge in their own material. Is it the delivery? What part of the material resonates with society today? How does the element of surprise take place? I go through a similar process when looking at these minis.

I do think these minis have charm and character. The Shinkenmaru charms strike a great balance between having enough details to be recognizable while being simple enough to be a sturdy cell phone charm (took me a while to realize they are not meant to be key chains). Ryuunosuke's jacket and pants have really detailed pockets.

Return to “Toys”