Kamen Rider Pepakura (Paper Models)

Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Kamen Rider Pepakura (Paper Models)

Post by Ashki »

I'm sadly quite addicted to paper modelling (bits of Gundam here, a half-finished Rocketship XL-5 over there, paper sea creatures littering my son's room, etc.). But after finding what equate to Perfect Grade kits (TF:RotF Bumblebee - with optional lighting! - Prime, and the Gundam Unicorn), I realised that the low-quality Terebi-style Kamen Rider models just wouldn't cut it. Just look at Accel. Granted, he has a bike mode and is somewhat posable using rubber bands, but he's also very boxy.

But there are some out there who are faithfully producing some quality Kamen Rider papercraft. If you go to Maira's blog http://maira001.blog113.fc2.com/blog-category-1.html, she's got some sweet models. There are full-size "working" models of the DCD and W Drivers (I haven't found instructions for the latter, but it shouldn't be too hard) and she's begun work on the OOO Driver. More importantly, she's made several of the trains from Den-O, complete with deployable weapons! She also designed them so that they can be mounted on a motor (and there's a video of her finished models running on a track out there to prove it can be done).

So far, the only other Rider-related papercraft I've seen are simple block figures and not much else. If anyone else finds some good ones (or is interested in learning to make some), I'd love to add them to my archives... and likely to any empty surface in the house as well! ^_^;;
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
ramza81
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Re: Kamen Rider Pepakura (Paper Models)

Post by ramza81 »

This is a really good find. Thank you very much. Any chance have you found gokai galleon papercraft?

Return to “Toys”