OOO Premium Medals Collection or Complete Selection Os!

Skiks
Faiz

OOO Premium Medals Collection or Complete Selection Os!

Post by Skiks »

Yeah last year we got a T2 set and a normal dopant memory set. This year we get every Core medal and cell medal in on cool package. And the best part is they do work with the DX OOO driver!
In spoilers due to the movie stuff it contains:
Spoiler

More pics here as well info anyways:
Spoiler

Pre-order start: Jul 25th 2011, price: 18,900 yen.
Also the T2 set iirc is doing another pre-order round this time too so you still have another shot at it. Who knows they may do the same for this set if it gets popular too. Which it should. OOO stuff sells like hot cakes.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: OOO Premium Medals Collection or Complete Selection Os!

Post by Catastrophe »

It's cool they work with the driver. I'm assuming the last two columns of medals (the grey and orange ones) are movie ones that we haven't seen yet.

Although, to be honest, to get the complete medal set, it would probably be cheaper to get the DX ones (even with the spinner taken into account). Despite that, they look quite a bit more detailed from that second image.

Ahhhh. Can't decide.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

If it helps you decide easier I'll give you some of the pros. These medals are made of much sturdier stuff and you can't see through them. Very show accurate and it even has one cell medal from none of the other DX stuff has sold. Oh and it comes with the case that held the original OOO driver from the show.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

We were talking about it in the channel. I guess it's nice for collectors, but for that price, I think I'd rather see an adult sized OOO driver put out. That said, I'm sure this sort of thing will sell a lot better than a belt would.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

It really is for a collector that say may not want to buy and pay for shipping of all the candriods and DX weapons used in the series just to get the cell medals. Or just not pay for the shipping cost of the taja spinner. Last year cost me a lot in shiping when I bought W items for memories.
Usually these sets contain surprises so we'll see if they announce any mystery core medals.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Speaking of, when was the last time they did an adult sized belt? Den-O?

Still undecided. The memories had more of an individual impact to me. I'll wait and see though.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

The last time we got a Complete Selection for transforming was Hibiki.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

That's the thing that makes me scratch my head about this set and the W Memories from last year. I only own a few Medals and Memories that came with the magazines, but for the most part, they're pretty heavy and sturdy feeling. I've never felt "Well gee, this is obviously a toy for stupid little kids". I guess they can always make it look a little more show realistic, but if you're someone that collects toys, wouldn't you have a lot of these things from buying the DX toys or the Gashapon versions?

That said, if they put out a box of show-correct Blade cards. I'd buy that. But I don't think that'd cost over 100 dollars either.

I guess my long rambly point is, for about 200 bucks, couldn't they put out something more fancy than slightly better trinkets and a fancy box to put them in? I'm sure there's an audience for stuff like this, but it seems like they could have put out something better for that price point.
Caine_Tobias
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Miki Saotome
Favorite Actor?: Tony Jaa, Jet Li
Favorite Band: Gackt, Miyavi
My boom: Swords

Post by Caine_Tobias »

gonna talk to my middleman friday
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

takenoko wrote: That said, if they put out a box of show-correct Blade cards. I'd buy that. But I don't think that'd cost over 100 dollars either.
They have actually have but iirc they cost nearly that much if you want the entire set. Well it's kinda fair since it's an old series now.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Did they? I remember they put out the cards that work with the Rouzers, but as far as I know, the only show correct cards were the four that came with the CD box.
Skiks
Faiz

Post by Skiks »

It's possible I saw the ones from a CD box but if you look around I'm sure you'll find them in auctions. I think there was a box of cards they sold similar to Ryuki which said TV edition I should go back and find them.
joker_joker_extreme
Go Go!
Favorite series: kamen rider W, kiva
2nd Favorite Series: shinkenger, den-o
Dreamy: Akiyama Rina
Favorite Actor?: Scott McNeil
Favorite Band: tetra fang
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: all kamen rider
Quote: ore...sanjou!

Post by joker_joker_extreme »

cs toys just showed off a medal usb drive with the medals being closer to show accurate in size and look, if this was a case of medals like that I'd pay 200 for it.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

USB? Really? It was cool when it was the Gaia Memories (for obvious reasons). That seems kinda silly.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I think the USB medals are a different toy line. The stuff in the complete collection are probably going to be more show accurate, so a usb thing sticking out of it wouldn't work very well for that.

Return to “Toys”