Quote: "Henshin."

Fukumen Sentai OniRanger

Post by Kamen Rider Aranu »

SuperOniBlue and Kamen Rider Aranu present

覆面戦隊
鬼レンジャー
Fukumen Sentai
OniRanger
Over millennia ago, an ancient clan known as the Ningen were faced with the task of protecting their race from the horrible creatures known as Oni. The Oni tribe that stood against the Ningen were dark shamans known as the Kurayami. For years, these opposing tribes fought for the rights to be the dominant creatures of the world – and to send what was left of the defeated tribe into the shadows forever.
Twelve shamans from the Ningen tribe sealed the power of eleven Oni into masks that would grant them the power to fight the Oni, by using there own powers against them. The strongest warriors of the Ningen tribe used the masks to drive the Kurayami back into the shadows. However the battle cost the lives of ten of the warriors. The remaining warrior used the magic of the eleven masks to seal the Kurayami tribe leader, Jigoku no Shitetsu, within a twelfth mask. She sealed the masks, and herself, within a statue to insure that the Oni remain within the Shadows.
During a high school field trip to a local museum, two students find themselves in front of the first Oni to appear in over a thousand years….
Now the masks are free and scattered around the world. It is up to the Ningen warrior and the two students – unknowing descendants of the Ningen tribe, to gather the masks and seal the Oni away once more.

ImageImageImage

Starring
Tetsuya Hideo/OniRed
Yamagata Eiji/OniYellow
Sanjo/OniBlue

Izumi Gin/The Caretaker

Visit SuperOniBlue's DA page
Special Thanks to RiderB0y of deviant art kishaku or Rangerboard
ImageImage
Kamen Rider Aranu
Mega
Favorite series: OOO
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Kizoku Kodomo[Aranu]
Favorite Actor?: Matt Smith
Favorite Band: Alice Cooper
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Super Sentai

Episode One - Creeping Shadows

Hikarienma, the city that was built on top of the forgotten war between Human and Oni. It is a quickly growing city that always has a sunny day. The heart of Hikarienma's success belongs to the Izumi family - and Izumi Isshin. The family owns most of the property around the city, and constantly keeps in looking brand new.

A school bus is seen parking in front of the Hikari Museum - Izumi Isshin's proudest building. Most of the artifacts were discovered by the man himself – some more priceless than even the most beautiful Precious.

The bus opens, and twelve young teens are seen exiting, followed by their teacher.

"Some of you are here voluntarily to help set up for the museum's latest unveiling. Many of you are here as part of detention, to help set up for the museum's latest unveiling.

Once last warning before we enter. Some of these artifacts are worth more than any scholarship the Izumi would provide. Breaking anything hear could send the school to bankruptcy." The teacher gave a stern look. She had an uptight look to her. She wore a bland skirt and blouse. Her eyes were covered by thick black lenses that curled to a point at each end.

"Now go inside and wait for our host. March!" The teacher barked, pointing to the entrance.

The crowd stared blankly at the teacher. The students were evenly separated already, those that had volunteered, and those that were forced to attend. The detention students were already making plans to ditch the crowd. In the center of that group, a boy stood with his arms folded, paying no attention to the group. On the bus, the teacher had taken his boombox – the one thing he had hoped would keep him occupied for the next few hours.

Of those that volunteered to help at the museum stood there with great interest – except for a boy off to the side. He was only there for extra credit. If his history marks got any lower, the school had threatened to kick him off of the soccer team. He did not want to be there any more than the detention kids but he knew he was stuck if he wanted to make captain next semester.

"Good Morning!" Came a voice as a young man in a very expensive looking suit entered the lobby to great the class.

"Not yet, it's not!" The detention boy yelled out, causing the rest of the troubled youths to laugh and earning a rather stern look from the teacher.

The man simply smiled and continued. "My name is Izumi Gin, I'm the caretaker of the Hikari Museum. This week, we will be opening a very special exhibit. Your school has agreed to send some volunteers here to help decorate for the grand opening. That would be you." He motioned his hands to his audience.

"So what's so special about this one that there needs to be a party?" This time it was the soccer player who spoke up.

"Ah." The caretaker exclaimed. He motioned them to follow. "There's still a lot we are trying to figure out about what we've found, but I'm sure you'll like what we have."

Gin stopped at a large tapestry. It bore three images - to the left, the right, and one right above them. "Sometime during the Heian period, there was a group of forest dwelling people known as the Ningen clan. They did not live under Imperial ruling, nor did they recognize any other authority but their own."

Gin motioned towards the first image - a group of men and women in armor, apparently in battle with the image on the right. "Luckily, they stood for maintaining balance in the world. Because of that, they soon found themselves in a war with the ruthless Kurayami clan." Gin pointed to the image on the right. Dark and twisted images of people who looked more like monster than man, fighting the image on the left. "They were ruled by a bloodthirsty man who wanted to blacken the sky."

"The two tribes fought for years over who owned the right to rule over the forest. They more or less killed each other off until eleven of the Ningen's strongest warriors defeated the Kurayami leader." Gin pointed to the top image, showing eleven people in white, all wearing a different colored mask. In the center of them was the shadowy image that represented the Kurayami lord.

"And well, that's about all we hear about them. We cannot find any other record of the Ningen clan or the Kurayami clan in Japan's history. They eventually just...went extinct." Gin gazed back at the group.

"Now, enjoy the museum." Gin turned and walked off without another word.

---

"Ah Mou!" The leader of the detention kids moaned as he rested his weight on the mop he held. The detention kids were put on mop duty and the boy was left to clean the main exhibit's floor. "What a crappy way to spend a Saturday"

"Well that's what you get." The soccer player replied. The volunteers were to decorate the museum for Monday's opening of the exhibit. He stood upon a long ladder, hanging gold streamers around the entrance. "Maybe if you didn't pull that stunt in school you'd be out causing trouble somewhere else."

"Oi, I didn't have anything to do with that, jock-boy!" The boy retorted with anger.

"Yeah, I'm sure. And it's not Jock-Boy; it is Tetsuya, Tetsuya Hideo." Tetsuya sighed as he climbed down the ladder. "Everyone at school says it was you, you know. You have a reputation" As the soccer boy turned around, he was startled to see the other boy grab his shirt and pull him close.

"They don't know a damn thing about what happened, and I'll be damned if I let some stupid thing as a reputation get in the way of Yamagata Eiji." Eiji glared at Tetsuya as if he were about to strike. But Hideo was faster. Grabbing Eiji's wrist he yanked the boy free and pushed him back. Eiji fell to the ground.

"You should watch who you're trying to pick fights with, Yamagata." Tetsuya rolled his eyes and walked off to grab more streamers from the box beside them.

Eiji sat there for a moment before finally standing up. "Tch. Forget this." The boy turned around and headed for the large wooden doors. He pushed, then pulled, but the door wouldn't open. 'H-hey!" He yelled, shaking the doors hard. "They got us locked in here."

"Relax, they probably just don't want anybody else touching this stuff." Tetsuya looked around the room. There were several tools, old armor, and of course the large tapestry. However his attention turned to the statue on the far wall. Even though the room's lights were on, there were several lights hanging around the statue, keeping it bathed in a bright glow.

The statue was large, round, and had what looked like twelve fossilized masks. He had to admit, they looked pretty cool. But why all the lights? Even the window above it would be enough to make it eye catching. Tetsuya looked up at the window, only to see that it was pitch black outside. "It's not night already is it?" Tetsuya looked at his watch. "We haven't been here that long"

The room shook violently, causing many of the artifacts to fall from their tables, smashing. Eiji covered his head and watched. "I didn't do that either, I am not getting the blame for that."

The lights in the room shut off, leaving only the emergency lights and the lights around the statue on. Eiji ran closer to the large statue. Standing in the glow of the lamps, Hideo and Eiji looked around for what they both thought they just heard. Something was in their

"Kukuku, I've finally found you!" A voice echoed in the room. A black cloud rose up from the shadows. As the cloud faded, revealed a woman in black robes, with wild blonde hair. Her face was white, with black lines running along her face in an intricate pattern, The woman would be called human were it not for the two large horns on her forehead. A closer look would show that her face looked more like a mask than real.

Tetsuya and Eiji jumed back as the woman walked through the shadows. She was carrying a black and gold paper umbrella in her hand, which she unfolded as she approached the large statue. She seemed to be completely ignoring the two boys beside her. "My lord…" She muttered, standing just outside the lights reach.

"H-Hey!" Tetsuya called out. "Get away from that!" He did not know why he spoke those words, and was immediately regretting it as the woman looked his way. He saw her eyes, deep and black – not like real eyes at all.

The woman sniffed the air. "Ningen Clan?" She hissed under her breath. "Still around after all these years?"

"Ningen?" Eiji repeated. "No, no, no, it's Yamagata! Ya-ma-GA-ta! You got the wrong guy!" The boy took another step behind Tetsuya.

The strange woman turned back to the statue. Her eyes flashed bright green for only a second. The lamps exploded, one at a time until the statue was left in darkness. "It only takes one second of darkness to-"The woman reached for the top of the statue, pulling one of the masks from its stone prison. The woman laughed as she looked back at the two boys.

"Tah." Was all she said before sinking back into the black cloud, slipping back into the shadows. At the same time, about a dozen more clouds rose up. As the clouds slipped away, twelve creatures stood infront of the boys.

The creatures had no real shape, but looked more like shadows that had risen up from the ground, each taking on a humanoid shape.

Tetsuya and Eiji assumed a fighting stance. They took a moment to glance at each other, surprised that they had both thought of the same thing. "Mabye you do know me a little." Eiji smirked.

---
"I think we're winning!" Eiji yelled, swinging a fossilized dagger around at the shapeless shadows that now were attacking them. So far, they had avoided getting killed by arming themselves with whatever they could find in the small room.

"No, we most certainly are not!" Hideo retorted, having armed himself with two swords. Whenever he slashed at one of the shadows, they did stop moving. However any slash would simply turn once shadow monster into two.

The two teens were slowly being cornered by the increasing army of shadows. Even Eiji knew that this could well be the end. They walked backwards – getting pushed towards the large statue, holding the useless weapons in their hands. Eiji closed his eyes as he embraced oblivion. However instead he was met by a warm glow on the back of his neck. Not daring to open his eyes, a large blast from behind him nearly knocked him off his feet. Opening his eyes, he watched as a new figure seemed to float passed them.

From head to toe the newcomer was draped in long white robes. The person's face was covered by an oddly shaped blue masked pressed against the robes, so only the eyes were visible. The person swung a long blue staff, slicing through the monsters with the gold, circular blade on top of it. The monsters faded into the shadows as they were sliced in half.

"Who is that?" Hideo asked, mostly to himself. He looked back at the statue. A large hole had appeared in its center, where another one of the masks had rested. This was all very confusing.

"He's saving our lives, who cares!" Eiji said. "Get them…whoever you are!"

The blue masked warrior kept slashing at the large army, who were now backing off. For some reason, her weapon was affective against the creatures. "Oni Chant!" The figure yelled. Eiji and Hideo were both surprised to hear a woman's voice. "Akaruimahou!" The woman swung her staff forward. The four silver rings that hung from the golden blade began to glow brightly, shooting a beam of light into the sky. The monsters backed away as the light grew brighter, trying hard to stay in the shadows.

The remaining monsters began to group together. There shapeless bodies began to merge into one large being. This form was no longer shapeless, but resembled a cross between an ogre and a lion. Its face was covered by a white mask, with only two small holes for eyes, and two long horns. With a mighty roar, it sent out a shock wave, knocking the three humans back. It seemed unaffected by the ball of light that now floated in place above them

"We've come for the masks." The creature said with a soft growl. "It is time for the Oni to rise again.

The woman stood up, looking back at the two boys. "They will have to do" She said to herself quietly. Raising her staff again, she pointed at the statue. "If you want them, go and find them." The rings on her staff began to glow once more. "Oni Chant, Musakuiyusou!" The statue began to shine brightly, before shattering into several sections, each dissapearing one at a time.

"Oh, you are going to pay for that, Ningen!" The lion-creature charged.

---

He didn't know why, but Hideo ran towards the lion, holding both swords high. A red light swam around him as he slashed at the monster. The swords shattered, but the demon was sent staggering back. The boy looked up, amazed by what just happened.

Eiji was speechless at what he just saw. "W-well, I guess we have a fighting chance after all!" He said with a smirk. He looked down at the useless weapon in his hand. He tossed it aside. "Its either this or die." The boy ran towards the lion monster, unaware of the aura of yellow that floated around him. With some stylish moves, he kicked and punched at the monster. The blows packed more of a punch than he had thought it would, pushing the monster back even farther.

"I-impossible! More Ningen?!" The lion stammered.

"Ningen? I don't know what that is, other than the literal meaning." Hideo exclaimed. "I just don't want you killing the girl that saved my life."

"And I don't want to spend an endless detention trapped with a smelly cat!" Eiji added.

"The masks are gone, Kurayami - I've sent them randomly around the world, there is no way you'll be able to find them. However, it seems two have found their way back already." The woman spoke, standing between the two boys.

She looked to her left and right. "To their Ningen Warriors."

The boys looked down as the same glow that sent the staue away began to glow in their hands. A red mask and a yellow mask floated infront of them.

"Take them." She whispered "It is your right."

The boys looked at each other, unsure.

"Oh..." Eiji muttered. "What the hell." The two boys grabbed the masks and put them towards their faces.

"Ningen Chant." The woman cried. "Oni Release!"

All three masks began to glow - brighter than the ball of light that floated in the air.

When the light faded, Three new figures stood, each wearing a different colored tuinic with a gold face staring back at the lion. Over black helmets, the three masks rested.

The three warriors stood, staring at the monster. The only source of light was floating above them, created by the woman's magic. Hideo and Eiji, stared down at the gloves that had appeared over their hands.

"There is no time to explain. Just follow my lead." The woman in blue looked to her left and right at the two boys before dashing towards the lion monster. "YuraYura Kanabou!" The blue girl yelled as she swung her club, striking the monster hard in the torso. "Toguyura!" Sparks began to fly as the club began to spin, grinding the gold spikes across the monsters torso.

Hideo and Eiji followed, striking their spinning clubs across the monsters chest. The monster flew back onto the ground.

"Y-you little bitch!" The lion stammered as it tried to get up.

"I'm afraid this is where it ends, Kurayami." The girl's mask lit up for a moment as her blue staff appeared in her hands once more. "Ningen Chant. Kanpu Mahou!" Oni blue swung her staff upwards, sending a wave of blue energy across the ground.

Just as the monster regained its bearings, it was struck by the blue wave. The monster fell to its knee, most of its body had returned to a shadowy state. "I am not finished." He roared as the shadows wrapped around him. The monster sunk back into the ground, fleeing for now.

Light filled the windows once more and the power returned. The three stood in the main exhibit room as it had before the monsters appeared. Everything looked normal, except the large statue was still missing.

The woman reached for her mask. The masked dissolved into a blue light, taking the rest of the suit with her. The light spun around into the palm of her hand, reforming as a round black case, linded with gold. On the face, it had the same embem as their bet buckle, a little Oni face engraved in gold. The device looked old and damaged.

The boys copied the girl's actions, removing the red and yellow masks from their black 'helmets'. Like the woman's mask, theirs dissolved - along with their outfiits, into small black boxes, each as rusty and damaged as hers.

The two looked over to the woman, and were quite suprised by what they saw.

She once again wore the long, whote robes. However this time, she was not wearing her mask.

Hideo had thought she'd be more of an...adult, but the girl was their age - a high school girl. She looked tired, and sad.

"Well, well, well. This is a problem." said a voice. The door had finally opened up and it was opened by Izumi Gin. He stood there, arms folded.

"Sir, I can explain." Hideo spoke up, but was cut off by Gin.

"I think you three better come this way, before your teacher finds you. She's really kind of annoying." He said with a smirk.

Gin lead the three to an elevator. Inserting a key into the wall, the doors opened up. "Going down?" He asked

The four crammed inside and Gin pressed a small red button. "Way down." He answered his own question with a grin.

The akward silence as they decended was broken by Eiji. "Okay...will someone please tell me what the hell is going on?"

"Oh, not much." Gin replied. " The return of demons long forgotten and a looming threat of a war between good and evil. The usual stuff."

The doors opened up, revealing a large, circular room. In the center, was a large tree trunk, connecting to the one in the lobby.

"And you three have to stop them, using those three masks and the masks she sent off to God-knows-where. He pointed to the girl. "Isn't that right? Ningen no Sanjo?" He asked as they reached the center of the room.

Sanjo looked up at the boy in shock. "Okay." She said. "What do you know?"

Gin smirked. "Its the end of the world, and its time for the Ningen warriors to rise up once again as the Fukumen Sentai OniRanger!" Gin exclaimed, with what was almost joy.

"Ehhhh?!" Eiji groaned.

---Fin
ImageImage
Kamen Rider Aranu
Mega

Episode Two - Blood Brothers

"And now, for the real story." Gin said as the four gathered around the large tree trunk. "Of the Ningen and the Kurayami."

"Real story? So what you told us when we arrived was false?" Hideo asked, with his arms folded. The situation was already confusing enough without lies added ontop of everything.

"Not much of a history exhibit if the story is fake." Eiji added as he leaned against the tree.

"Well, the story is pretty much the same, actually. Gin said, scratching his nose. "There was a war between the two tribes. But the Kurayami wern't just a group of evil warriors - they were Oni."

"Oni?" Hideo said, scoffing. "You mean blue-skinned, with little horns and large wooden clubs?

"No, these demons were much more powerful. Brought to life from animal spirits tainted in shadows, these monsters were on the verge of taking over before the Ningen began to resist them.

Gin looked over to Sanjo, who remained silent this whole time. "The masks were created using the same magic that created the Oni, because only their magic was strong enough to defeat one."

"In the final battle, the masks were used to seal away the Oni Lord, forcing the Oni to retreat into the shadows for all this time."

"How long?" Sanjo finally spoke up.

"Oh..well.." Gin thought about it We're guessing about a thousand years now...

Sanjo looked suprised, but said nothing as she lowered her head again.

"So, why are we here?" Hideo asked.

"Well, obviously the Kurayami have risen again." Gin stated bluntly. "The masks have called on the nearest Ningen decedents to fight again. It seems that means you."

There was a silent pause for a few minutes.

"Pass." Eiji said, pushing himself away from the tree. "I'm going to see if the coast is clear, then I'm going home."

"H-Hey!" Gin stammered as he watched Eiji head for the door.

"Yeah, sorry. This is to weird for me." Hideo added, following Eiji. "This wasn't how I planned on passing History."

"B-but you guys got to save the world!" He yelled out to them as they waited for the elevator to close.

"No, let them go." Sanjo said, untying the large sash around her waist. "I don't want their help."

Gin turned around to look as Sanjo, who was removing the white robes, revealing a blue kimono underneath. "Y-you're not serious too?!" He exclaimed.

"I need the help of true Ningen warriors, not blood that has been diluted over a thousand years."

Gin sighed as he moved to an old oak table, sitting down. "This wasn't how I pictured it..." He said, looking at the three black boxed that rested on the table. They were the containers that Sanjo and the other Ningen warriors used a thousand years ago hold the power of the masks. Now they were old and rusted. Gin had planned to repair all three, but now...

---

Eiji and Hideo had escaped the museum rather easily. The rest of the class had left already and Hideo knew he was going to be yelled at on Monday. However, that wasn't much of a concern at the moment. "Maybe we shouldn't have left those two." He said, mostly to himself.

"That girl can take care of herself. She saved our lives easily enough." Eiji said, stretching his arms. "I have more important stuff to do anyway. So long, Soccer-san." Eiji half saluted Hideo as he ran off in another direction.

"What, you don't think saving the world is cool enough?" Hideo said, folliwing him.

"I told you already, you don't know me!" Eiji snapped, jumping down from the overpass they were now crossing.

Hideo looked over the edge, watching as Eiji got comfortable on the roof of a truck. "Say hi to the Oni for me!"

---

"So how did you know so much about this?" Sanjo asked, as he watched Gin tinker away at one of the black boxes.

"My father found most of this stuff a year ago. I've been studying it all this time." Gin said simply. "I put the pieces together, and did all I could to keep the masks safe. There were all sorts of security measures in place to keep those masks from getting taken. But I guess it wasn't enough." Gin looked up at Sanjo. "I don't know any magic, sorry."

Sanjo smiled a little and shook her head. "It is my fault they are gone. I could have used the masks against that Oni, instead they are at risk of being taken by them."

"Except another already got to the statue and stole the Oni Lord's mask already." Gin had heard the story of what happened from Hideo and Eiji. First a mysterious woman appears and steals one mask, then the lion monster appears to kill the Ningen warriors. It didn't make much sense.

"I will just have to make due with these three masks, until I can locate the others."

"One girl, three masks, and an army of shadows in your path...Good Luck." Gin leaned back, away from his work. "There's always Plan A."

"Those two?" Sanjo asked. "No, I don't need anyone to help me fix my mistake."

"So that's why you were sealed away? To fight alone when the monsters rose again?"

---

Hideo wandered around town - half thinking about what had transpired and half looking for Eiji. The more he thought about it, the more he knew that he had to go back and at least hear Gin's plan.

Hideo's deep thinking was starting to get drowned out by loud - annoying hip-hop music. The more he walked, the louder the music got, until he finally heard a familiar voice.

"That's it! Good!" Hideo heard Eiji yell out over the music. Turning a corner, the boy watched Eiji as he danced ontop of a large piece of cardboard. Laying beside him was a large, old school beat-box machine.

Several children were standing around, watching the boy as he moved around the board. His dance partner was another one of the children, a girl no more than ten years old. She was dancing equally well as Eiji. The music finally stopped and the children moved in closer. Eiji and the girl congratulated each other with a high five.

"That was so cool Eiji, can you teach me that too?" One boy exclaimed.
Morning
"No me, I'm next!" Another cried out.

Eiji laughed, folding his arms. He looked over to Hideo, who was now watching with amusement.

---

"I'm just saying, the masks chose them to fight. You might as well convince them to help." Gin said, standing up. It was starting to get late now. "I have a spare room you can sleep in. I"ll have some new clothes for you in the morning." Gin handed Sanjo the three cases. "You're going to like 2011. There's a lot of cool stuff and great places to eat. The people aren't so bad either."

With a smile, Gin headed for the elevator. "I'll be back in a bit. There's snacks in the pantry."

----------

"I told you, I'm not doing it." Eiji said. The two boys were standing in the street, alone. It was night time now and the children had all left.

"I don't think it's a good idea either, but you saw what that monster was like. Maybe we should be helping - if its our blood right." Hideo leaned against the wall. They were at the end of an older street in the city.

"Tch. Don' get me started on blood." Eiji moaned, getting angry again. This time he got right up close to Hideo again. "I don't believe in any of this Ningen crap." He pointed to one of the larger houses on the street. "That's where I grew up, along with a dozen other orphan kids. If I were some hero's decedent I wouldn't have lived like that.

Hideo looked over at the building. Through a window, he saw many of the kids that had been outside, watching as the ten year old girl copied the moves Eiji had danced with her a little while ago. Hideo understood.

"Oh, how touching" Came an evil sounding voice. From the shadows, another large group of shapeless shadow monsters rose up, followed by the Lion Monster from before. "But if you don't want the responsibility, I will gladly rid you of it."

Eiji and Hideo took a step back, raising their fists to attack. Hideo knew that it was pointless, without the masks, they wouldn't be able to hurt the Oni.

But before Hideo could react, Eiji was already running towards the monster. "Get away from here!" He yelled, swinging at the lion like he had in the museum. The monster grabbed the boys fist and lifted him from the ground. "Not so strong without a Fukumen, huh?" He chuckled.

A blue flash of energy struck the demon in the side, sending a wave of sparks flying. The monster dropped Eiji as it stumbled back. "Who-?"

Eiji, Hideo, and the monster all looked to see who attacked. Sanjo jumped down from a roof, landing next to the boys.

"You too?" Eiji moaned..

"Sanjo." Hideo said. "I'm beginning to rethink Gin's offer."

"As am I" Sanjo replied, looking at the boy. She pulled out one of the black cases. It looked as good as new, with a gleaming red gem on the top. "I may need some help."

"I guess I have no choice but to respect my older relative's wishes." Hideo smirked, grabbing the device.

Eiji looked up, as if having an epiphany. He looked over to see both the other two staring at him.

"You know I guess that makes us related too." Hideo said. "Why does that amuse me?"

Eiji rolled his eyes, reaching out. "Fine." He sighed as Sanjo handed him the other case, one with a yellow gem.

The thee took a step forward. "Ningen Chant! Oni Release!" The three called out in unison. A bright flash enveloped them, clading them in black. Red, Blue, and Yellow tunics appeared, each bearing a gold face. Gloves and boots of the same color appeared the same time as their gold belts. Finally, their heads were covered by black helmets. Outlines of their masks flashed in their hands as they attached the masks to their helmets.

The light faded, and the Fukumen Sentai OniRanger stood ready.

"Time for round two then." OniRed said, removing the club from his side. "YaraYara Kanabou!" He called out as all three swung at the shadowy monsters that attacked.

"Toguyura" The three cried out as their clubs began to spin, grinding through the shadow monsters.

Soon, only the Lion monster remained.

"We're not letting you get away this time, Kurayami." Sanjo exclaimed. She twirled her Kanabou around as it spun. The spikes lit up with blue energy as they spun. "ToguToguYura" She called, swinging hard at the monster, sending him flying up into the air.

Eiji and Hideo jumped, following the monster as he began to fall back to the ground. Both of their clubs also lit up with their respective colors, smashing the demon in unison. The monster flew back up, roaring in pain. A large crack appeared in its mask a moment before it exploded in the sky.

By now, the children from before had all gathered outside. They watched as the three OniRangers regroup.

"I guess that's that then." Hideo said, folding his arms.

Eiji was silent. He glanced back at the kids. From inside his mask, he grinned as they stared at them with amazement.

---

"So, are you in?" Gin asked Hideo and Eiji. The OniRangers had regrouped back at the mansion following the attack.

Hideo nodded. "The world is in trouble, I cant ignore that no matter how hard I try...apparently."

Eiji folded his arms, not saying anything.

Sanjo took a step forward. "Eiji, that Kurayami was nothing compared to what we are going to face. Once that woman figures out how to use the Oni Lords mask, there will be no telling what's going to happen..."

"Yeah, yeah!" Eiji moaned, trying to shut Sanjo up. "That monster came really close to the people I care about. I'm not letting them do that again."

"Then it's settled!" Gin yelled with joy. "Go home and get some sleep, OniRangers! We have a lot to do tomorrow!"

----Fin
ImageImage
Kamen Rider Aranu
Mega

Episode Three - Instinct

Footsteps echoed though a long, dark corridor. A woman in black robes slowly made her way down the hallway, towards a set of large, metal doors. The woman's face was covered by a white mask with a black, intricate design that wrapped around two large blue eyes and two long white horns.

In her hand, she held the black and red mask that she had acquired a few days prior from the Hikari Museum. She carried it close to her chest, guarding it with her heart - if she had one.

The large metal doors opened, revealing a large, circular room. The room was lined with rows of stone pews, all positioned to face a large, empty throne. The pews were filled with a few dozen creatures. Most of them were the same shadowy figures that she had sent upon the two children who had made it passed her magic barrier. The remaining two figures also wore black robes, and masks similar to the woman's - but each with their own unique design.

"It took you long enough, Kibala" The tallest said, with a hiss. His mask had yellow eyes, with green lines going down the masks - as if they were tears. He moved closer to the woman, extending a gloved hand. "Give it here."

Kibala took a step back. "It is not your place to touch Our Lord with such filthy hands, Ohjah." She scoffed, walking passed Ohjah as he hissed.

"Enough, Ohjah." The remaining figure said. His mask had three green eyes, with a gold line connecting them together - like a triangle. "She brought us the mask, but did you bring us our sacrifice?"

Ohjah looked back at _, before returning his attention back on the third figure. "Yes." He hissed. "I've been keeping him here for quite some time. A little older than I had wanted him to be -"

"Very well." The unnamed figure cut Ohjah off. "Prepare him for the ceremony. There is still one more piece we need." The figure turned his head to a group of the shadowy foot soldiers. "Go now - as you were ordered."

The dozens of monsters swirled together, like one large dust cloud. The cloud spun through the large metal doors, and out of sight.

The three young heroes stood in a large, empty construction lot. Hideo and Eiji stood, transformed by the ancient masks they wore on their helmets. Sanjo stood in front of them, arms folded.

She now wore a modern outfit, a pair of tight jeans, a blue t-shirt, and a grey vest. She was not used to wearing such clothes. "If you two are going to fight using the masks, then you have to learn how to use them." She said, with a demanding tone in her voice. "So far, you've been lucky enough not to get yourself killed. The last Oni we fought was nothing compared to what we could face next."
"Hey, I thought we did okay!" Eiji said. "Transform, swing our clubs, no big deal."

"If that was all the masks were capable of, I wouldn't have been guarding them for all this time." Sanjo stated, pushing Eiji's helmet with her finger before walking across the lot.

She took her place next to Gin, who was wearing a baseball uniform. By his feet was a large metal bucket of baseballs. Each was colored either red or yellow.

"So...what does that have to do with baseball?" Hideo asked.

His question was answered by a loud crack as Gin smashed a red ball with his bat. The ball spun towards Hideo, who had to duck to avoid it. "H-Hey!" He yelled.

"Sorry!" Gin yelled back. "We don't have any real monsters to shoot at you." He grinned as he picked up a yellow ball.

"You need to learn to focus and use your masks properly in battle." Sanjo said. "Once you've mastered that, you can use the masks's abilities to summon your weapons." A blue glow swirled around Sanjo's hand as her staff appeared out of this air. "Like this."

"We kicked an Oni's butt. I don't think a baseball will be much threat. Eiji said with a laugh. His smug attitude was cut off when Gin launched a yellow ball. The ball smashed against Eiji's helmet, knocking him to his feet.

"I've put a spell on Gin's club. Any thing he swings at will be more than enough to keep you distracted.

"Uh, Sanjo. It's a bat. A bat, not a club." Gin muttered into Sanjo's ear. He had been spending the past few days trying to familiarize Sanjo with modern day life. So far, it was proving to be difficult.

"Let's get started!" Gin called out.

For an entire hour, Gin launched ball after ball at the OniRangers. Each time that he did, his enchanted baseball bat launched a ball towards Hideo or Eiji. They tried their best to dodge and weave around the red and yellow balls that zoomed passed them, but they only got faster – and hurt more and more each time the boys were hit.

"This isn't a speed exercise!" Sanjo yelled. "Focus!" Sanjo swung her staff. As she did so, its four silver rings lit up.

The dozens of balls that were scattered around the lot floated up into the air for a moment. Eiji and Hideo watched them carefully.

"Oh, this can't be good." Eiji mumbled.

The balls magically launched themselves towards them all at once.
Hideo's mask flashed as he reached for his club. "YuraYura Kanabou!" He commanded. With a surprising burst of speed, he swung the club with precision aim, striking every ball that Sanjo had attacked them with. The baseballs were demolished on contact, sending rubber flying in every direction.

"Woah!" Gin exclaimed.

Eiji lowered his arms from the attack and stared at Hideo. "Show-off."

"The Red Fukumen grants its wearer amazing accuracy and precision." Sanjo explained."Eiji, you need to relax more. The masks will rely on your instincts. Don't spend time covering your head."

"Tch." Eiji scoffed as he reached for the yellow mask on his helmet. He pulled the mask away as it dissolved into a yellow light, along with the rest of his OniRanger attire.

Hideo shook his head and pulled his mask off as well. He was about to say something supporting to Eiji, but the sound of explosions in the distance had distracted everyone. "What was that?" He asked, turning to Sanjo.

Sanjo watched as smoke climbed into the air. "I can sense Oni Magic. They are making their next move – let's go."

In a large business area of the city, hundreds of lawyers, pencil pushers, doctors, and other pedestrians, all ran for their lives. Shadowy figures were chasing the people through the streets, creating a panic.

Hideo, Eiji, and Sanjo arrived in time to see a Kurayami Oni walking up a set of stairs, towards one of the large buildings in the area. The monster looked like the Oni that Hideo remembered reading about – only this one had many characteristics of a Praying Mantis.

"Kurayami!" Sanjo called out. "Stay where you are."

The mantis monster looked back at the three. The creature sniffed the air. "Ah, Ningen clan." The monster spoke, with a high voice. "I was wondering if it was true. Ningen no Sanjo is still around after all these years."

Sanjo said nothing as she gave a cold glare at the monster. She turned to the others, pulling out the black device that would transform the group. Gin had repaired them at Sanjo's request. He had been talking about upgrading them – with the possibility of adding something he called a 'cell phone'.

""It is time." Sanjo said as Hideo and Eji removed their black devices as well.

"Ningen Chant!" The three spoke in unison. "Oni Change!"
In a flash of red, yellow, and blue, The Ningen warriors were transformed. Their clothes were replaced with tight, black armor. Tunics in their respective colors formed over their black suits, each bearing a menacing, golden face. Black helmets formed over their heads, followed by the three masks of Red, Blue, and Yellow.

"Let's go." Sanjo said, grabbing her club; "YuraYura Kanabou." The three called out, charging towards the monster.

"Hmph." The monster snorted. "Attack, Kagedorōn!" He yelled, pointing at the OniRanger.

The shadowy monsters swirled around the rangers, cutting them off from the monster. The rangers attacked, smashing through the shadows as they tried to make their way to the monster.

"I don't get it." OniRed said as he knocked one of the drones back. "I thought these things couldn't go into the light!"

OniBlue pushed hard against a shadow with her club. The club was spinning, grinding against the monster, sending it flying into oncoming shadows. "The Kurayami are growing stronger. Something has changed."

"Oh great. Like we didn't have enough problems on our hands." Eiji complained as he smashed a Kagedorōn with the base of his club, which was soon followed by a hard spin kick at the monsters head.

"Use the power of the Fukumen." Sanjo ordered. Her mask flashed bright blue. "Mystic Staff!" She called out as her blue weapon appeared in her hands. "Ningen Chant. Nami Mahō" Sanjo swing the staff upwards, sending a wave of blue energy along the ground, cutting through several of the shadowy monsters.

"Right." Hideo replied. His mask flashed bright red as a slender sword appeared in his hand. "Skilled Sword!" He called out as he ran through the group of monsters. His movements were almost like a blur as he cut through five of the monsters with the same precision as he had with the baseballs. "Ningen Chant. Kanpekina Odori

"My turn!" Eiji called out as his mask flashed bright yellow. A large metal club appeared in his hands. Spikes likned the top and the bottom of the club, which was almost as large as Eiji. "Strong Ha-uoah!" Eiji could not keep the club in the air, nearly losing his balance as the weapon smashed into the ground, creating a small crater.

"Woah, woah." Eiji snapped, tugging at the handle of his hammer. "What the hell!" Eiji's efforts were cut short as two of the monsters slashed OniYellow's back, knocking him to the ground.

"Eiji!" OniRed yelled, slashing through the remaining few monsters away with his sword. He ran towards Eiji, crouching down to check his condition.

OniBlue looked back at the steps. The Mantins Monster had ran off.
"Damn!" Eiji muttered as OniRed helped him up. Oni Yellow ripped the mask off his helmet, which dissolved back into his OniChanger along with his yellow attire. "What's the point of having a hammer that I can't even pick up!" He protested.

"I told you," Sanjo explained sharply. "You need to let your instincts take over. You are still just trying to show off." Sanjo removed her mask. "Hideo. We're going to look for the Kurayami. Eiji…go back to the museum."

"Ehh?" Eiji moaned. "I'm not hurt, I can still –"

"If you can't use your Fukumen power then you are no use in battle. Go back until you get it right!" Sanjo yelled, before storming off.

Hideo sighed as he pulled off his mask."Go on, Eiji." He said as the red light faded back into his Changer. "Before she ends up swinging at us next."
---

Eiji wandered the halls of the museum, paying no attention to the small groups that walked by. "Stupid Sanjo." He muttered as he stuck his hands in his pocket. He stopped his steady pace as he dug through each of his pockets, over and over. To his dissatisfaction, Eiji had forgotten his headphones. "Great. Now I have to go down there." He signed, walking towards the elevator.

Within minutes, Eiji stepped out the elevator again, entering the large circular room that was now their "Base." Gin had redecorated since the first time they arrived. There were a few couches now, placed alongside the walls. In the center, four computer terminals were placed around the large tree trunk that extended up through the ceiling. The rest of the tree was floors above. Eiji did not know if it was real or not, but it was positioned under a large skylight.

"Oi, Caretaker!" Eiji called out. The room was empty. He wandered around the room until he found what he was looking for, his pair of large, yellow headphones. He was just about to turn his music on, when he heard a large crash coming from a small tunnel opposite the elevator doors.

The boy ran, dropping his headphones back on the couch. Moving down the small hallway, Eiji entered a smaller room. This room was cluttered with large computers and many artifacts similar to the ones on display upstairs. There was also a large cloud of dirt and dust floating in the air, as if something had fallen.
"Gin?!" Eiji called out, coughing through the dust.

"Over here!" Gin called out. "Help!"

Gin has pinned under a very large statue. The statue looked like it was once a mighty Oni monster. It was large and looked very heavy. It had fallen in such a way that Gin was face to face with the monster. The monsters large arms had Gin pinned under the statue, pushing its weight down on the caretaker's chest.

Eiji crouched down, and pulled on the statue. The large stone figure was intent on laying there. "How the hell did you end up under there?"

"I was examining the gem on this monster's head." Gin grunted, looking at the large red gemstone that made up the monster's only eye. "It wouldn't budge. I just kept pulling and pulling until…" Gin tried to push the monster off of his lungs one more time. "I must have pulled to hard."

Eiji pushed and pulled the statue as hard as he could. The stone warrior would not budge. "I guess I have no choice then." Eiji said as he removed his OniChanger from his pocket.

--
Hideo and Sanjo regrouped after splitting up to find the monster. They stood on a small bridge above a long river. By now, the sun was starting to set.
"Still no sign of that bug. Whatever the Oni was looking for, he must have found it." Hideo said as he leaned against the rail. "Don't you have something up your sleeve that can track him down?"

Sanjo shook her head. "It must have slipped back to their world. My tracking spell won't pick them up unless they step out of the shadows." Sanjo lifted her hand, revealing a small ball of pale blue light. "Once I finish putting these along the city, we will be able to catch it the moment it enters our world."

As if on cue, three circular blades of energy were launched at the two Ningen. Hideo pushed Sanjo out of the way, narrowly missing the attack as it sliced through the railings.

The two stood back up. Downstream, they could see the Mantis Kurayami preparing another attack.

To Be Continued in Episode 4 – "Swing, Batter!"
ImageImage
Kamen Rider Aranu
Mega

Episode Four - Swing, Batter

Sanjo and Hideo stood face to face with the Mantis Kurayami. Behind them the bridge they had just been standing on collapsed, destroyed by the monster’s green energy blades. Had they not noticed the attack in time, they would have been killed for certain. However it seemed that they might be so lucky next time.

Surrounding the Mantis were several Kagedorōn – shadowy, humanoid grunts with barely any features. They were the mindless Oni grunts that made up the gross of the Kurayami clan. Those that were strong enough would eventually devour the rest of its group, becoming strong enough to evolve into a true Kurayami Oni – such as the Mantis Kurayami that led them now.

The Mantis was a green figure. It had a head similar in shape to a Praying Mantis. It had large, frightening yellow eyes that glared at the Ningen warriors. Its humanoid mouth was guarded by four, pink pincer like fangs. Its long arms ended at its waist, where they attached to two large silver scythes. The monster had an extended abdomen, where its six insect legs folded into two humanoid. From head to toe the monster looked like a threat to the Ningen warriors. And with night falling, the shadows would only get stronger.

“Ningen.” The Mantis said in a high, raspy voice. “You escaped my Kagedorōn, but now I’ve come to finish you off.”

“What were you doing in the city, Oni.” Hideo asked. He had taken a defensive stance alongside Sanjo, waiting for the Mantis to launch his next attack.

“Heh. I’d tell you, but I don’t see the point. After all, you won’t be around much longer to do anything about it.” The Mantis swung his blade-like arms in the air. Each swing sent two circular blades of green energy at Sanjo and Hideo.

Moving in synch, the two warriors jumped out of the blades paths, where they spun off back into the sky. Tumbling back, they revealed two round devices. They were black, palmed sized, with a solid gold stripe surrounding a gemstone –one red and one blue. The OniChangers.

The warriors stood up and held the devices close to their faces. “Ningen Chant. “ They exclaimed as the bottoms of the OniChangers slid open, revealing two small masks. “Oni Change!”

In a flash of red, and blue, The Ningen warriors were transformed. Their clothes were replaced with tight, black armor. Tunics in their respective colors formed over their black suits, each bearing a menacing, golden face. Black helmets formed over their heads, followed by the three masks of red and blue.

“Kagedorōn, go!” The mantis hissed, pointed his blade-like hand at the OniRangers.

“You take care of them,” Hideo said, now OniRed, as the shadow drones began to approach. “I’ll take care of the bug.”

“Be careful,” OniBlue replied. “And remember your Fukumen powers.” Sanjo ran towards the Kagedorōn. “Mystic Staff,” Sanjo commanded. As she did so, her mask flashed bright blue. At the same time, a long blue staff appeared in her hands in a flash of the same blue light. At the end of the staff was a large, gold, circular blade. From the blade hung four, smaller, silver blades.

OniRed nodded and ran towards the Kurayami. “We sure could use Eiji right about now.” He thought quietly to himself.
-----

Under the museum Eiji was dealing with his own troubles. After failing to figure out his Fukumen power, Sanjo sent Eiji back until he could figure it out for himself. However not long after he arrived he was surprised to find Izumi Gin, caretaker of the museum and the OniRanger respectively, trapped under a large statue.

The statue looked like it was once a mighty Oni monster. It was large and looked very heavy, and had fallen in such a way that Gin was face to face with the monster. The monsters large arms had Gin pinned under the statue, pushing its weight down on the caretaker’s chest.

“I’ll have you out of there in no time, Gin.” Eiji said as his OniChanger flipped open. “Ningen Chant, Oni Change!” In a familiar flash of yellow light, Eiji was transformed into OniYellow. “I’ll just have to smash you out.” He said as he reached for the club that hung from his belt.

“No, don’t!” Gin exclaimed in-between gasps of air. “This thing is a priceless Ningen artifact!” The look on Gin’s face showed he seemed to care more about losing money than the lack of air in his lungs.

“Yeah, well this artifact is crushing you to death!” OniYellow complained. “Ah Mou! Hang on.” He sighed as he placed his hands on the shoulder of the statue. “It can’t be that heav-“

As OniYellow tried to pull up the statue, he could hear his own spine pop. Eiji let out a yelp as he grabbed his back.”Damn, that’s heavy. Kind of like...” Eiji thought back to his last fight. When he attempted to pick up his “Strong Hammer” he could not lift it. It was just as heavy, if not more.

“Eiji!” Gin wheezed “Do something! I can’t breathe!” Gin was turning a very unnatural shade of purple as he tried to gasp what little air he could. Eiji watched, trying to come up with a solution.

-----
“Ningen Chant, Nami Mahō!” OniBlue called out as she swung her staff upwards. A wave of blue magic shot across the ground, striking several Kagedorōn. The monsters were enveloped by the blue wave, clearing out more than half of the remaining shadow monsters that surrounded her. Three more closed in on her, striking her in the back and front with their shadowy claws.

This stunned OniBlue only for a moment. In a clean swing, she struck the monster in front of her with her Mystic Staff, cutting it in the chest with the circular blade. Without missing a beat, she swung around, cutting through the two monsters behind her with another swing. The three fell to the ground, evaporating into a shadowy mist around her.
OniRed was holding his own against the Mantis Kurayami. With his Skilled Sword he was able to match every swing of the monster’s scythe like blade-arms.

“Try this!” The demon hissed as he swung his arms four times, sending green blades of energy at OniRed. The Ningen warrior stood there for a moment, watching the blades get closer.

“Sorry.” He said as his mask flashed red. OniRed stepped around the blades with ease, moving closer to the Mantis as he easily spun around each attack. “Ningen Chant!” He said as he jumped behind the monster. “Kanpekina Odori!” OniRed swung his sword across the Mantis monster’s back, leaving a red aura in its wake. The force from the attack was enough to send the monster flying forward.

More Kagedorōn surrounded the Mantis as it struggled to stand up. “Curse you and your cheap tricks!” The Kurayami hissed. “But we have our tricks to. Go!” The Mantis monster pointed at the OniRangers as the Kagedorōn ran towards them. However this time the drones began to melt into a thick, shadowy wave that wrapped itself around the two OniRangers. The shadows tightened around the Rangers, turning into a solid cocoon, leaving only their heads exposed.

“That was easier than I thought!” The Mantis laughed as he approached the OniRanger. “Now I can take your Fukumen as well.”
Hideo and Sanjo could only watch as the monster’s blade-arm inched closer and closer towards their faces.

Then, from the corner of his eye, Hideo saw a yellow blur speed towards the back of the monsters head. The Mantis lurched forward, yelping in pain.”What the hell was that?” It roared, turning to see the source of the ambush. By his feet, a yellow baseball rolled past.

“Home Run!” Yelled a voice above. Standing on top of the hill, Gin rested the enchanted baseball bat on his shoulder. “And with the bases loaded, too.” He was once again.

“Gin, get out of here.” Hideo called out. “You can’t take him on!” OniRed and OniBlue both struggled to free themselves from the shadow cocoon, only causing them to fall over.

“Don’t worry, I’m not.” Gin smiled. “He is.”

Stepping into view, Eiji appeared. “Typical. You guys are totally useless without me.” He mocked with a smile on his face. Reaching into his pocket, Eiji grabbed his OniChanger and jumped down from the hill. “Oni Change!” He cried out in mid-air, landing in front of the Mantis as OniYellow.

“Eiji, you fool!” Sanjo yelled. “You are no match against him without your Fukumen power!”

“Yeah, yeah!” OniYellow replied, dismissing Sanjo’s warning with a wave of his hand. “Says the one who is on the ground.” Eiji turned to face his comrades, who lay at his feet. “Now shut up while I save you.”

“Hah!” The Mantis laughed. “Do you really thing you are going to do better than these two? Don’t be ridiculous.” The Mantis swung its blade at Oni Yellow, like a guillotine aimed at his head.

“Yeah.” OniYellow said, grabbing the monster’s blade right before it hit his head. “I do.” OniYellow’s mask flashed brightly as he swung his open palm forward; pushing the Kurayami with a force so strong that it rippled the air around them. The monster crash landed in the river, skidding across the ground. The impact left a crater trail in its wake.

“See?” Eiji asked the monster. “Didn’t I tell you?”

“Eiji!” The other two OniRanger exclaimed.”You figured out your Fukumen Power – how?” Sanjo asked.

“Eh?” Eiji grunted, turning to look at Sanjo. “Oh, right. That part was easy enough...”
-----
OniYellow still tried to move the statue off of Gin. It was starting to look hopeless. But Eiji didn’t stop trying to get the statue off of Gin. By now the caretaker had passed out, and Eiji knew he was out of time.

Eiji released his grip from the statue and took a few steps back. “Sanjo’s right.” He said. “I’m useless as an OniRanger. I can’t even lift a statue.” Eiji thought back to the group of young kids he danced with on the street. He could imagine them being taken away by the Kurayami, and he knew there was nothing he could do about it if it happened.

He clenched his gloved fists tight and looked back down at Gin. “No.” He said out loud. “I’m not letting the Kurayami win, and there’s no way in hell I’m letting a piece of rock beat me!” OniYellow grabbed the statue again. “Hold on, Caretaker!” Eiji pulled with all his might. He pulled for what seemed like minutes in his head.

Finally, a cracking sound could be heard as the statue began to budge. At the same time Eiji’s mask began to flash a yellow light. With a loud grunt, Eiji began to lift the statue higher and higher. It was not long before OniYellow was holding the statue clear over his head, by its shoulders. “Woah....” Was all Eiji could muster up. It took him a few seconds to remember that Gin was still on the unconscious on the floor. “Gin!” Eiji exclaimed as he set the statue back on the ground.

-----

“Then I performed CPR and we headed straight here.” OniYellow explained.

“Good thing you bugged this part of the city, Sanjo.” Gin added. “We would never have found you!”

“You did all that?” Hideo asked, with doubt in his voice.

“He did!” Sanjo exclaimed. “The Yellow Mask’s power is strength! It projects the wearer’s inner strength into physical power.”

“And now I’ll show you just how strong I really am.” Eiji said, extending his arm in front of him. His mask began to flash again as his palm light up. A large, club like weapon appeared in Eiji’s hand. “Strong Hammer!”

“Hah, just another dumb club?” The Mantis monster said as it stood back up. What’s the difference between that one and the ones on your belt? I’ll just slice right through it!”

The Mantis Kurayami jumped at Eiji, swinging its blade arms towards the yellow warrior. Eiji grabbed the handle of his hammer with both hands and swung it towards the demon’s attack. The blades shattered like cheap glass as the Strong Hammer made contact with the Mantis monster.

“Ningen Chant, Soudai Funsai” Eiji said as he swung again. As he did so his hammer began to glow bright yellow. Once the hammer made contact with the Mantis Kurayami, the yellow aura was launched from the hammer, pushing the monster back even harder. Broken and beaten, the monster landed in the bridge rubble.

“Amazing...” Hideo muttered, watching Eiji’s display. “He defeated the Kurayami.”

“I know.” Eiji said as he approached his comrades. “Now, to shatter this thing.” OniYellow raised his club above the shadow cocoon. However, before he had a chance to swing, the shadows released their grip from OniRed and OniBlue

“I’m afraid it is not over yet.” Sanjo said as the two stood up. They watched as the shadows slithered towards the Mantis Kurayami, who was climbing out of the rubble.

“I’m not through yet.” The monster hissed as the shadows began to crawl around his body. More shadows began to swim around him as more and more as the monster began to grow.

“What’s going on?” Eiji asked.

“A Kurayami’s last effort.” Sanjo answered. “It is using the Kagedorōn to grow bigger.”

“How much bigger?” Hideo asked.

“Very.” Replied Sanjo as the monster suddenly sprouted upwards.

Taller than most of the buildings in the city, the Mantis Kurayami let out a might roar.”Let me see you try and crush me now, Ningen bugs!”
“So what do we do now, Sanjo?” OniRed asked.

“The Kurayami can grow, and using their magic so can we,” OniBlue glanced at OniYellow. “Now that you’ve both figured out your Fukumen Powers.”

The three stood in a straight line, with Hideo in the middle. To his left was Eiji and Sanjo was to his right.

“Now, focus and repeat after me.” Sanjo said, reaching for her mask. “Oni Dai Henge!”

Watching OniBlue, the other two also reached for their masks and repeated the words. “Oni Dai Henge”

Their masks began to glow as the three rangers were enveloped by lights of their respective colors. Jumping into the air, the three balls of light flew towards the giant monster. The lights began to grow as they crashed back into the ground. As the lights faded, three new figures stood.

Standing as tall as the monster, three Titans of red, blue, and yellow stood above the city. Their heads just barely towered over the large skyscrapers.
“What is this?” Hideo asked, looking down at his large, silver hands. He had transformed into a fiery demon, with a large gold mask hanging from the top of his head, revealing a silver, humanoid face.

“The true power of the Fukumen –transforming us into Oni Titans.” Sanjo replied, her agile, blue form turning to face the others. “We cannot maintain this form for long, so we must end this quickly.”

“Got it.” Hideo and Eiji said in unison as the three scattered.

The giant Mantis Kurayami charged at OniYellow’s bulky yellow titan, extending its blade-like arms. “Let’s see how strong you are now!”

The Red and Blue Titan’s grabbed the Mantis by the arms, keeping the blades away from their comrade. Clenching his large fist, the Yellow Titan swung his arm at the monster, upper-cutting the monster right in the jaw. The monster was flown back, skimming buildings as he fell back onto the streets below.

“Now!” Hideo said as the three stood side by side. Each of them extended their arms as their gold masks slid over their metallic faces. “Kage Gekitai!” They called out in unison. From the center of the Titan’s respective chests, balls of light began to form. Following the path their arms lead, the beams were fired towards the Kurayami, converging into a single beam right before it struck the beast.

The monster stumbled for a moment, reaching out for the Titans. “D-Damn you, Ningen Clan!” It gasped as the monster fell to the ground, exploding into a shadowy puff of smoke.

The three titans stood over the rubble, lifting their golden masks from their faces.

“And that is that.” Sanjo said, satisfied.

As the sun began to rise, Hideo and Eiji watched as Sanjo used her magic to restore the small bridge. They had returned to their civilian clothes, ready to take a break.

“It looks like the Kurayami aren’t much of a threat after all.” Hideo said as he stretched out along the grass. He had been laying for a while now, completely exhausted.

“Yeah, now we have Titan Form!” Eiji exclaimed as he attempted to untangle his headphones.

“Don’t get over confident.” Sanjo said as she restored the final piece of the bridge with a wave of blue magic. “They know we are getting stronger, and it won’t be long before they overpower us. We still need to track down the other Fukumen.”

“Don’t worry guys.” Gin said, still toying with the enchanted bat. “I have the archeologist blood in my veins. If there is a treasure to hunt, Izumi Gin will find it!”

Sanjo grabbed the bat from Gin’s hand and smiled. “Then let’s start the adventure.”

---FIN
ImageImage

Return to “Fanfics”