midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

shinkenger fanfic help

Post by midorininger »

so, im working on a fanfic for shinkenger. the concept is a guedoshu had arisen from the sanzu river. unaware that his master has long since been defeated he goes to the human world to collect lamentions to flood the sanzu river. this particular guedo has a skill which allows him to break swords. takaru, with the team goes forth to stop this MOTW, but in the process, his shinkenmaru is broken. the MOTW attempts to break more shinkenmaru, but in breaking 1 it took most of his energy and began to dry up, so thusly he retreats.

kaoru tells takaru that he must go to the mountains, there he will find the first family loyal to the shiba clan. the clan is that of a swordsmiths that use a metal mojikara. genta, ryunosuke, and takaru travel there and the family head is willing to help. however, he asks takaru for a small favor. the black smith's son wishes to be a samurai and serve the shiba clan. this particular clan was against battling from the start, but wishes to still somehow serve the shiba clan, and thus they are the ones who made the tools that they use. the father urges the lordof the shiba clan to duel his son and defeat him so he will realize his folly and practice his smithy skills rather than his sword play.

takaru chooses to instead have genta duel him, to test his skill against an unknown foe with a weapon he wouldnt recognize or know the abilities of. this when the son reveals he has created his own sudophone, and transforms into shinken??? he uses a longer version of the shinkenmaru with a pending name.

my need for help here is the kanji for iron, metal and steel seem a bit too complex for the helmet. so im looking for suggestions.

thanks!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: shinkenger fanfic help

Post by takenoko »

So what are you looking for? Just kanji like iron, metal, and steel but not?
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

well when i look up kanji for those words, the result seems too complex for a helmet visor. but, with some words when translated to kanji id imagine there would be more than 1 "symbol" for it. i also consider using "ken" but havnet looked at the kanji for it. i didnt want to deviate from the theme. (gold is both a color and an element) so "Shinken Iron" is most please but im still stuck on the helmet design. google translate helps but doesnt. know what i mean?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I mean, most the metal kanji are going to be gold/metal 金 with a radical next to it. In iron's case, it's Metal plus Arrow:
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

well i found 1 that was metal that was similar to the 1 you typed, save its missing the 2 slashes above the lowest line. i think ill go with that.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

全 ? That means "everything", it's not even remotely close to metal
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by midorininger »

hmm ... maybe i described it wrong..... but it saw that symbol on the wiki page for different versions of metal....

Return to “Fanfics”