Favorite Actor?: Takeru Sato
Favorite Band: On/Off
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Yes I am a Witch...Deal with It!

Kamen Riders: The Chosen

Post by SpiritPink »

Hello everyone!!

About a month ago, I decided to channel my kamen rider love into a story. This story is still a work in progress. I would greatly appreciate any comments, critisism, and ideas you may have.

*huggles*

UPDATE:

Chapter 9 has been added. Please enjoy. :D Also, would like peoples opinion on something. Should all the Riders from Kuuga to Kiva appear, or can a few of them be left out?

And while I am here...

I want to thank Silentwolfdog for being my muse. *SUPER HUGS* You have given me so many ideas and inspiration. Thank you SO much, and I am looking forward to your continued assistance here.

My thanks also go out to Alara Moonrunner, for assisting me with the story, and coding it into HTML for me. You are Awesome!

Also, I'd like to thank my friend Jarnakel, for taking your time away from your own story to edit mine(And yes, I know I am phail in grammer and tenses, as well as numerous other things). And for agreeing to become a Rider in the story as well. Yet another complex character. Yay! Thank you SO much! :D
Last edited by SpiritPink on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 16 times in total.
SpiritPink
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger, Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: KR Kabuto
Dreamy: Takeru Sato

Episode 1

Post by SpiritPink »

Kamen Riders: The Chosen

Episode 1 – Unexpected Gift

He sat in a small, lonely room.

The man was not what one would call young. He was in his mid-40's, but still looked young for his age. His black hair was shiny, and was held in a small ponytail reaching the bottom of his neck. Having acquired a large amount of wealth and properties across the world, he would be what others would call a financial genius. But all of that did not stop what was inevitable to happen. So he was here in this small room, sparsely furnished, lit by only a small desk lamp sitting on a wooden crate used as a bedstand.

He was sitting on the cold tile floor, a large cardboard box sitting in front of him, open and unlabeled. He looked once again inside it and sighed loudly. For inside the box were items of power. Items used to protect and serve and defend the weak and innocent. Items that, in numerous worlds, were already well known. Except for in this world.

'Well,' he then thought to himself, 'They're known here as well. But only as items of fiction and make-believe. But not for much longer. Soon, their power will be active and wielded once again. But this time, with all of them in one world. To be worn by just men and women, to destroy the evil trying to take hold of their world.'

He then placed the small stack of envelopes he had written out, placed a single key inside each, and secured them. Then he took one envelope and secured it to one of the items. And did the same with each of the them til all of the envelopes were gone.

He then walked over to the small workstation that was sitting in the corner, and re-read the lengthy letter he had written to his Chosen that was sitting on the screen. Printing it out then stapling it, he placed it inside the nearly full box on the floor. After double, then triple-checking the contents, he sealed the box and wrapped it carefully in the brown wrapping paper.

Closing the Word document his letter was in, he then glanced at the picture that was still open on the screen of his computer. The picture was of a woman, nay a girl, and wasn't much to look at. She was as ordinary as they came. Medium complexion, dirty blonde hair. Blue eyes framed by nearly broken wire glasses. And only a small hint of a smile.

But it was the look in her eyes that convinced him to choose her for this great responsibility. Her eyes had the look of knowing how to handle power and the responsibilities that came with that power. And the small glint of mischievousness just added to it. 'Oh yes. You'll do quite well.' he thought as he picked up the pen sitting next to the box and used the last of it's magickal ink in to write her name and address on the box. As he finished, he watched the box disappear, heading to it's new home.

“Use it well, my Chosen Rider.” he whispered, his task now complete. He lay down on the small cot in the barren room and debated on his next move.
Last edited by SpiritPink on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpiritPink
7X

Episode 1 part 2

Post by SpiritPink »

It started out like any other day for Sandra Brown.

She sat in front of her laptop at the desk sitting in one corner of the living room, and watched an episode of Madan Senki Ryukendo. She glanced around at her personal items scattering the desk. For the living room also doubled as a bedroom for her, as the apartment was small and had only one bedroom. The bedroom was taken by her roommate, as her name was the main one on the lease.

But she really couldn't complain about the lack of personal space. She had a place to lay her head(albeit temporarily), had internet access(to download as many different tokusatsu as she could), and a reliable, if mundane, job at the nearby 7-11. She had her laptop computer, her books, and her beloved Anime DVD collection. So she was not without comfort and things to do.

But some days, she wondered about her situation. She could do better. At least, she should be able to be better off. But she was the type to be dependent on others, and not very independent. Her body may have been that of a normal 29 year old, but mentally, her age was in the teens. On a good day.

“Is a wonder I ever made it thru the Navy, the way I am.” she mutters to herself a bit sadly. “

So, early in the afternoon of one of her days off of work, she was finishing another Ryukendo episode when she heard a knock at the door. Confused, she quickly got up and put a robe over her near naked 5'3” frame. Her baby blue eyes looked thru the peephole and saw a UPS delivery man carrying a medium sized box.

“Can I help you, sir?” she asked him.

“I have a package here, for a Sandra Brown.” he replied, then handed her a clipboard to sign for it.

Sandra frowned as she took the pen offered. “Well, that is me.” she told him, then signed her name on the dotted line. Once he verified her last name, he handed her the box and quickly left. If Sandra had kept the door open a bit longer, she would have noticed that the delivery man disappear halfway down the steps, a smile on his face.

Taking the box inside, she closed the door. Setting the box in the middle of the floor, she grabbed a knife from the kitchen and quickly ripped thru the wrapping paper and cut the box open. Before she actually looked inside the box, she looked at the delivery paper to find out who sent it to her. But, surprisingly enough, there was no sender's name. Nor was there an address.

Shrugging, she disregarded it and peeked inside the box. What was on top made her squeal happily as she pulled them out, disregarding the rest of the contents. It was a replica of the Kamen Rider Den-O belt and Den-O black case pass.

“I wonder if this is the birthday gift Mamo-chan said he was sending. And kept his name off just to surprise me.” she muttered to herself as she finished examining the belt and pass. Not spotting any directions in the box, she then figured that it was known how to use it.

So, moving the box to the side, she held the belt with her left hand over the right part of her chest, like Ryotarou did in her favorite series. Then, as best she could, she slung it about her waist. And was pleasantly surprised when it worked perfectly, the belt going on and clicking into place fully.
Last edited by SpiritPink on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpiritPink
7X

Episode 1 part 3

Post by SpiritPink »

That was when the change happened. The belt glowed a bright white light, as did the pass in her hand. And that white light soon spread to cover not only her hand and waist, but her entire body. This glow lasted for only a few moments, then it faded.

Once the light fully faded, her face was even more confused. “Interesting side effect there.” she said. “I wonder if that is to make us think that it is actually real.”

'But it is real.' a familiar male voice said in her mind. And then a red ball of light appeared in front of her and took the solid form of Momotaros. The main Imagin from the series. But, as shocked as she was by his sudden appearance, she didn't faint. But she did sit down on the floor. Hard.

“Okay, now things are really starting to get weird.” she muttered.

Momotaros then gave a cocky smile. “This is just the beginning. You're in for a long, hard road. You up for it?”

“Up for it?” she asked, confused. “What exactly is it that I am supposed to agree to?”

“You've read the letter. Putting the Belt on is like signing on the dotted line. Den-O.” He then looked at her shocked face, and groaned. “You didn't read the letter. You're supposed to have read the letter. It explains it all.” And with that statement, he went to the box and quickly grabbed what he was after. He then handed her the numerous pieces of paper stapled together. “THIS letter. Go on...read it.”

As the imagin tapped his foot impatiently then began to pace, Sandra grabbed her glasses and began to read. 10 minutes later, she flipped the last paper back to the back. “Well damn...”

“Not that you can change the fact now,” Momo said, “But you up for it, Den-O?”

Sandra put the letter on the coffee table and then stood up, facing him. “I'm more than up for it. And I'd ask you the same question, but I already know the answer. I KNOW you're up for it. In fact, I'd venture a guess as that you are itching to fight.”

“You can say that again.” the imagin said. “I've been told I am getting rusty, so I've got to prove that I'm not.”

“Who the heck is in here with you? I heard a male voice.” Sandra and Momo heard, turning towards the voice at the same exact time. And when they did, the speaker dropped everything in her hands and just stared. “Uhhhh.” was all she could get out next.

“You know where I'll be at.” Momotaros said, then turned into a red ball of light and entered Sandra.

Sandra then smiled sheepishly at her roommate, Wendy. “I can explain...” she started, but was interrupted.

“No need. I think I'll do better to NOT know what the hell that was.” Wendy then picked up her items she dropped on the floor, then headed to her room and closed the door behind her. A moment later, she stuck her head out the door and looked at Sandra, who had yet to move, then at the box on the floor. “Just make sure you have that cleaned up and out of the way. Don't need anymore mess around here. And don't forget to do the dishes tonight either.”

“Will do.” Sandra said, watching as her friend closed the bedroom door and began talking to her 2 cats.

She then moved back to the box to look thru to see what else she would find. And was surprised to find so much in there. The main items being the numerous Rider belts and other accessories needed to henshin. And along with each belt was an envelope, containing the name, location, and key to a postage box. The only belt without one was her own, as all the information she needed was in the lengthy letter.

'Well, she certainly took it well.' Momotaros said in her mind.

“I agree. And I don't see her causing us any problems.” Sandra said quietly.
Last edited by SpiritPink on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpiritPink
7X

Episode 1 Part 4

Post by SpiritPink »

She then got up and knocked on the single bedroom's door. “I'm gonna ride up to 7-11 for caffeine. Need anything?” After getting a reply in the negative(and a reminder that she shouldn't be drinking as much caffeine), she put her jacket on, grabbed her keys and cash, and carried her bicycle from the living room to right outside the front door.

A few minutes later, Sandra was bicycling down the road. It was then that Momotaros first took full control of her body. Her clothing changed as well as her physical appearance. She was now clothed in a pair of black jeans, a red blouse, and a leather jacket on top of that. On her feet were black cowgirl boots edged in red. Her glasses disappeared, leaving her now red eyes unframed. Sandra's dirty blonde hair remained the same color but for a dual red streak in her ponytail.

'What's going on?' Sandra asked from inside her own mind as M-Sandra raced on the bike to the intersection. “Smells little like an Imagin. Though there is an odd overlying stench about it as well.” was said in reply.

Sandra went quiet for a minute when they reached the destination, where a monster was wreaking havoc with traffic, causing a few accidents and more than a few near misses. Sandra then found her voice again and thought 'We've gotta stop it!'

“What the heck you think I'm doing?” Momo said, the belt in hand and soon slung about her waist. The pass appeared in hand, the red button pressed as the Pass was swiped across the SetTouch of the belt, making it glow red and call out 'Sword Form'. A moment later, Den-O appeared, a small shock wave coming from the fully henshined form.

“Ore...Sanjou!” Den-O called out in his signature pose, then pointed at the creature in front of him. It looked very similar to the very first imagin fought by Momo and Ryotarou. Once the creature was spotted, it smiled.

“About time you showed up, Den-O. Now I get to destroy you.” it said, then made a dash for the new Rider across the heavy traffic.

“So you've been waiting to be destroyed by me. I'm touched. And I have to say, you'll be nice practice for us.” he intoned as he pulled out the pieces of the Den Gasher and formed his sword. And when the creature reached him, the sword immediately moved in front of them, blocking the first blow.

And the battle continued, going from one side of the road and across 3 empty lanes of road. Then they reached the large median. Sword and imagin continued to strike and block each other.

A few minutes later well into the sword battle in the median, Sandra got a good look at the creature and something clicked inside her. 'Haven't you fought him before?' she asked him. 'He looks like the bat imagin you and Ryotarou first fought together.'

Den-O made a heavy slash, knocking it aside, giving him a chance to get a good look at it. “What are you doing back here? I destroyed you. Twice.” he growled at the imagin, then struck at it, causing it to go into the other 3 lanes, which were full of tourists heading to various Disney theme parks.

“Block-head.” the creature said. “I am not who you think I am. That was my brother you killed. And I WILL avenge him.” It nimbly dodged the oncoming cars as it stood in the middle of them.

“Who you calling 'Block-head', you idiot?” Den-O said. “For that comment, you get to see my Hissatsu Attack.” He then rushed at the imagin, somewhat amazed that a sword battle and a monster wouldn't stop traffic. Apparently, families were more interested in going to Disney then they were on a battle in traffic.

“Oh I am SO scared.” it said mockingly as the 2 of them reached the other side of the road, and continued to battle.

“You should be.” Den-O said, swiping the Pass over the SetTouch, and 'Full Charge' was then heard. “Hissatsu. Ore no Hissatsu Waza...Part 2!” With that said, the sword left the hilt and went on to destroy the creature in front of them.

As the creature was destroyed in the blast of the attack, the blade returned to the hilt, which was then held against Den-O's shoulder, tapping lightly against it.

“Now THAT is how to start our story together!” Momotaros said as they dehenshined in a secluded stand of trees nearby and Momo gave her control back of her body.

“I agree there as well.” she commented as she recovered her bike laying on the side of the road. After that, she began walked with it up the short road to the store, as she still wanted her caffeine. “But aren't you curious as to why it took that form? And why he said that he was expecting us. Like he KNEW we'd show up.”

'Doesn't matter. We destroyed him in the end. Doesn't matter at all.' he said in her mind. 'We proved to any monsters out there that we know how to kill them. And that we aren't afraid to do it!'

Sandra just sighed, not replying to that comment. In the back of her mind, unknown by Momotaros, lingered the fact that this wouldn't be the last battle. And her nervousness of the time ahead.

End of episode 1
Last edited by SpiritPink on Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 2 part 1

Post by SpiritPink »

Episode 2 – Hard Decisions

A week after the 1st battle with the enemy found Sandra with 3 more battles, all within a few miles of her home. That last battle of the week happened within minutes of getting off of work, which unnerved her a little. And that is where we find her now, right after the enemy was destroyed.

“I almost didn't get off work in time.” Sandra commented to herself as she came out from within the fenced in garbage area, fully dehenshined. “Don't know what my co-workers are thinking right now, seeing me race off like that.”

Momotaros didn't say anything, just humphed, leaving her to herself. So she grabbed her purse from the bike handle, slung it over her head so it hung across her chest, and began the ride home.

When Momotaros finally did speak, it was hours later, when Sandra was at home, browsing thru yet another Tokusatsu forum, looking for someone who instinct would tell her was worthy and able to become a Rider.

'Oi.' Momotaros thought to her. 'You know, you don't have to work anymore.'

“You mean, with THAT money at my disposal.” she said, going once again to the bank website that was written in the letter. And showing that she had 10 million dollars now. To be used solely for what was needed to make her life as Den-O easier and more manageable. “You know, I still don't feel comfortable enough using it. I mean, where did it come from?”

'But it clearly was left for you.' he then said. 'And with you not at work, it would be easier to battle. Not having to worry about your co-workers finding out who you are. AND leave you with more strength, not having 8 hours of work making you tired.'

“And what would happen after this is all over? If the money disappears after the end, I'll be stuck without a job, and with no money to my name. And I don't want to just sit around the apartment all day until a monster decides to attack. But” she said when she heard him moan, “Perhaps I should ask to be put on part time instead of full time. 2-3 days a week. Just enough to keep me busy, but not enough that it hinders my duties as Den-O.”

Momo was about to say more when Sandra squealed at the new Yahoo Messenger IM that popped up on screen. “Mamo-chan!” she said happily, then typed out a greeting to him.

And while she was talking to him, Momotaros was going to go to sleep when he noticed how much this friend was talking about Kamen Riders. That got his senses on alert and he paid more attention to him.

A few hours later, while Sandra and her friend were on break from writing one of their anime based fanfiction stories together, Momotaros got Sandra's attention by simply saying 'I think you need to send him one.'

That comment got her Rider instincts on full alert. She focused on her friend, and soon knew which one belonged to him. “How could I have missed something in front of my face like this?”

'Probably cause you were more focused on talking to him, as a friend, then you were determining him to be a potential Rider.' Momotaros mused. 'But you need to get the henshin device sent to him. He'll need to be trained up some. The more time for that, the better.'

Sandra fully agreed with him, and went thru her files and found his address under her small file of friend's numbers and addresses, under his last name. Speer, Dale. With that on screen, she pulled out the box and grabbed the one needed. Making sure the envelope was still securely attached to it, she then took out a smaller box and placed it inside. She wrote out his name, with the special pen included in her box, and address on the now closed box, leaving off her name and address, as per the letter's instructions. He, and all other riders she chose, were not to know that it was she who sent the device til after they became Riders. And then they had to learn it from their own instincts. Only then could she acknowledge it.

Once done, she set the box on the floor. Within moments, the box disappeared from the apartment and on it's magickal way to the item's new owner. As she cleaned up her mess, Sandra had a fleeting thought of what her Mamo-chan would think when he received it.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 2 part 2

Post by SpiritPink »

Meanwhile, on the other side of the country, Dale Speer was alone in his apartment, making some soup and sandwiches for his dinner. After they were made, he would go back to his desktop computer, which he had nicknamed 'The Monster', and continue the role-playing of a new anime story with one of his closest online friends, Sandra.

But lately, he had been getting tired of her continuous talk of Kamen Rider, her obsession for the past 2 months. He sometimes regretted introducing her to that certain aspect of tokusatsu, also known as 'live action'. Now she would not stop talking about it. Especially her favorite, Kamen Rider Den-O.

He was thankful that she had insisted on that particular story to work on, one of their original anime-based works, now posted on the fanfiction section of his website, SailorMoon America. They were well into the 6th chapter of the story and was anxious to see what would happen to the characters.

He carried his dinner back to his desk, and checked to see if Sandra was still there. Her internet was intermittent, often kicking her off at the worst time. More often than not, while they were in the middle of a story. But thankfully, she was still showing as online, so he went on to make the next post in the story, then messaged her in their 'conversation side box' that he was back.

While he was waiting for her to post next, a knock came at his door. Not expecting anything, or anyone, he got up cautiously and answered the door. On the other side was a UPS delivery man, carrying a small box.

“Dale Speer?” the delivery man asked, and was answered with a nod of the young man's head. “I have a package for you. Would you please sign here?”

Dale, still a bit suspicious, signed on the dotted line, and verified his last name. Once he took the box, he thanked the delivery man and closed the door. As soon as the door closed, the delivery man once again smiled and disappeared from view.

As he was taking the box to his desk to open it, he noticed that their was no sender's address nor was there a sender's name. Making him even more suspicious, he held the box to his ear, but heard nothing wrong. Just a 'Clunk Clunk' from the items inside.

Dale set the box aside for the moment when he saw that Sandra, impatient as always, having pinged him, wanting him to post next in the story. He read the messages, and saw her worry that she had lost connection or that he was ignoring her. She was a bit childish in that aspect, not liking being ignored.

Chuckling, he wrote his next posts in the story. Then he posted in the side box that he had been delayed because of a package that had arrived. And went on to tell her that the package had him curious, as it had no clue as to the sender. When asked what was in there, he replied he had no clue yet.

'Go on and open it then!' Sandra typed to him. 'I wanna know what's in it! I'm willing to put the story on hold while you open it.'

Dale then replied with 'Ok. Give me a second here and I'll let you know.' he then grabbed the box, sat in his desk seat and carefully opened it. What he found in there surprised him. It was a replica of an Advent deck, including all the cards, along with an envelope.

He set it down and happily posted to Sandra that he had received a replica of the Ryuki Advent Deck. 'And a very nicely made one. Almost looks real. No clue who it's from though.'

On the other side of the country, Sandra smiled at his post. She very well knew that it was no replica, but indeed the real deck. And that is was from her. And all he had to do was put it on. So, when he posted the question on if they could break yet again so he could 'play with it', she agreed. But with a false reluctance, so he wouldn't guess that she WANTED him to try it on.

So, on extended break again, Dale took the deck out and began to examine it more closely. It really was a fine replica to the deck used in his favorite series. Before doing anything else, he took the envelope attached to it and opened it. It contained a single sheet of paper, on which was written the name and location of a post office box, as well as a single key. With the directions, the note stated 'Welcome Rider. Use the contents wisely. You are our Hope for the future.'

After reading the note, Dale's face went from curiosity to avid interest. He lay the note and key down, then picked the deck up again. He then went to a mirror. And it was then that the change happened, much as it did to Sandra, unknowingly to him. The deck began to glow white, covering first the hand that held the deck. Soon after, the glow covered his entire body.

A minute later, the light disappeared. Once it did, Dale's face was one of pure awe and joy.

“I wonder...” he muttered, but didn't get to say much more. For it was then that a red Chinese dragon, that he recognized as Dragreder, appeared in the mirror and just looked at him. By pure instinct, he pulled out the Contract card and faced it towards the mirror.

Almost at once, Dale was inside the mirror and face to face with the dragon, who then wrapped itself around him. Then, having made a contract with Dragreder, Dale was dressed as Kamen Rider Ryuki and was a full fledged rider.

Not wanting to risk having been seen by anyone, he quickly walked out of the mirror and reverted to his normal self. His eyes then looked at Sandra's IM window, and debated on if he should tell her about this new development. She would have a cow, knowing that the Riders were indeed real. At least, Ryuki was.

After a lengthy internal debate, he decided against it. Telling her would break the privacy code that came with the abilities of a Rider. He would just play as if the belt was a toy. He was sure he could keep the secret from her. Especially since if he told her, she would want to know how to get a real Den-O belt. And that he couldn't help her with. Unfortunately.

So he placed the deck in a hidden drawer next to his bed and went back to the computer and to Sandra. And while they continued their story, he did wonder on who sent him the deck. And began a search on the internet, to try to find the sender's identity.

But Dale wasn't able to get much work done.

First, Sandra had to quickly leave, saying that “Work desperately needed her.” So when he tried to edit what they had worked on, making it ready for online viewing, he suddenly stopped with his hands frozen over the keyboard.

Without another word, he grabbed the deck, putting it in his pocket. On instinct, he also brought the post office key. Then he raced out the door and began to run to where his new instincts were telling him to go.

Once there, he saw, and heard, a monster attacking an innocent victim in the Mirror World. So he ran to a deserted shop front and held out the deck. His V-Buckle then appeared on his waist, and he called out “Henshin!” as he placed the deck into the belt.

After transforming into Ryuki, he walked into the mirror, and went to the Ride Shooter. This vehicle then took him to the other side, to the world opposite his. The world known as the Mirror World.

The monster got a glance of Ryuki, who stood facing him, and smiled. “Lookie Lookie. I get to destroy me a Rider today.” it said with a smirk as it changed it's focus from it's victim to the new Rider.

“Not today you don't.” Dale replied. “In fact, it is the other way around. I get to use you as practice so I can perfect my technique. Killing you will be good warm up for me.”

“We shall soon see, then.” the monster replied, then began it's attack on Ryuki, who pulled a card from the deck and placed it in the Visor on his wrist. “Sword Vent” was then announced, and Dale was holding a sword, which he then began to use.

5 minutes later, the outcome of the battle was crystal clear. Ryuki had the monster weakened greatly. So he pulled out another card and again placed it in the Visor. This time, “Final Vent” was announced. He launched himself into the air and placed a well-aimed kick into the creature, bursting it into a large ball of flame. The energy that came from the now-deceased monster was devoured by Dragreder.

Once the battle was over, Dale found the spot he entered the world with, and left that world for his own. Noticing that he was near the post office box mentioned, he made sure he had the key on him, then walked over in that direction.

While Dale was walking to his new PO Box, Sandra was finishing another battle. This one right outside the gates of her apartment complex. 'The excuse of work needing me wasn't really a lie. Being Den-O is Work. So I didn't lie to Mamo-chan.' she thought as she walked up to her apartment, then dehenshined and took control of her body yet again.

'You just go on thinking that, rookie.' Momotaros said with a snark sounding in his voice.

“Oh, I will. Thank you.” she said with a grin as she went straight to the kitchen to find food. She was ravenous. Being a Rider made her appetite go thru the roof. So she rummaged thru the kitchen, her mind focused on how to best use the new money alloted to her.

End of Episode 2
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 3 part 1

Post by SpiritPink »

Episode 3 – Routine

Sitting in his room, a young man lounged on his mattress, drinking a beer and enjoying being off of work. He enjoyed the buzz the alcohol gave him. And the fact that there was little else to do in this small military town.

He wouldn't be what one would call handsome. He was roughly 6 foot tall and lanky. His brown hair almost looked military, but just a bit untidy and long for their standards. He lay on his air mattress and sighed.

After he finished his beer, he went onto one of his roommate's computers and logged onto MySpace, Gaia Online, then onto Yahoo Messenger. And within moments, he gets a message from Sandra, one of his Gaia friends whom he had put under the nickname 'Pixie'.

Chuckling, he responded, but was soon interrupted by the knock of the front door. “What the hell is UPS doing here this late?” he asked himself as he looked thru the peephole and unlocked the door.

“Erick O'Connell?” the man on the other side of the door asked.

“Yeah?” he asked with a bit of irritation.

“Delivery for you.” the man replied.

Erick looked at the box, then back at the man. “I didn't order anything. Certainly ain't expecting anything either.” he said with a snarl.

“Special Delivery. From a friend.” the man said patiently, then held out the pad for the recipient's signature.

Sighing loudly, Erick signed for it, then took the small package. Closing the door, he went back to the room and plopped onto his mattress. After putting the box to his ear to make sure it was safe, he opened the box, which strangely had no sender's name or address. And all he found inside was a small toy bat and an envelope.

“What the fuck is this? Some kind of prank?” he muttered, looking over the toy with mild disdain. Not able to get the toy to work, he then took a look at the envelope. Which held a key and a simple message located after an address 'Welcome Rider. Use the contents wisely. You are our Hope for the future.'

“Ummm, okay.” Erick muttered, then put the envelope back into the box with the toy bat and placed the box in a far corner of his room. “I'll deal with this joke later.” he said as he went back to the computer and began chatting with his friends.

Aboard the DenLiner a few days later, Sandra lounged in the diner car, and thought about how much her life had changed in just over a week and a half. She had gone from a lowly full-time sales associate in a convenience store to a part time associate and full-time Kamen Rider. And not just any Kamen Rider. Her favorite Kamen Rider. Den-O.

And that was the cool part. Not to mention being a part of the action. Interacting with the imagin that she had only seen in episodes. Having them possess her. Fighting in all the cool forms. Killing the bad guys. Getting back into shape and losing weight.

But of course, she did worry a bit about a few things as well. Most importantly, the 2nd package she sent out, to an online friend whose presence just screamed Kiva to her. From the feeling she got, Kiva has yet to activate the henshin for the first time. And the letter clearly stated that she would know when it was active.

“Just what does he think he's doing?” she muttered.

“Who who?” a purple imagin asked, overhearing her. “You talking about a bad guy? Can I arrest him?” he said gleefully.

Sandra just sighed and shook her head. “Not a bad guy, Ryuutaros. A good guy. At least, I think he's a good guy.”

“Well, some fish take longer to be reeled in.” Urataros commented. “Patience is the key.”

“She shouldn't have to wait. He should accept it NOW!” Momotaros said with a bit of heat.

“Well, I suppose I am thinking like Momo. I don't have much patience as I thought I did.” Sandra said, sipping on the colorful juice Naomi had served her.

“Either that, or you made a wrong choice.” Kintaros said. “It does happen.”

Sandra just sighed again, wondering what she would do next.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Central United States, Dale had just finished another battle as Ryuki in the Mirror World.

Like Sandra, he was starting to notice how the enemies were specifically trying to kill him, and unknowingly dropping hints that that was their main mission. And how the battles weren't in his hometown, but were indeed following him. Another hint that he was a target.

“Something fishy is going on here.” he muttered as he walked out of the parked car's window and strode towards his new Harley. He still chuckled a little on how easy it was to obtain. And was amazed on having the ability to buy it. Especially with the way the current economy was declining. But he also knew to not to take advantage of the sudden wealth. He would only use it if it was necessary.

Getting on his bike, he drove off in the direction of Florida. “Usako is going to be so surprised to see me.” he thought as the wind blew through his face. “And boy, am I GLAD I started my karate training again. A person has to be fit to be a Rider.”

And so he continued his ride cross-country. When the day tuned to night, Dale found the nearest motel and parked his bike. After securing a room, he used the motel's gym, meager though it was, to practice some katas. He knew that if he wanted to become stronger, he's have to train. And this was the best way he knew how. Outside of battle, that is.
SpiritPink
7X

Cha[ter 3 part 2

Post by SpiritPink »

Sandra walked into her apartment, via a closet door, and turned to watch DenLiner leave before closing the door and plopping down on her mattress. Looking around made her smile a little. All her items, except for her mattress, were packed and ready for the move. Which was why her laptop sat on the floor where the desk used to be.

She was excited about this move, despite her problems with he who would be Kiva. Using the money in her Rider Account, she had been able to convince her roommate to talk the complex into changing the lease from the 1 bedroom to a 2 bedroom. With her own room, Sandra would finally have a bit of privacy. And the ability to keep her stuff out instead of packing it away every day before work.

As she was contemplating all this, her roommate opened her bedroom door and walked out, looking at Sandra. “Didn't hear you come in.” she commented.

“I was quiet.” Sandra replied, with Momotaros making a snicker inside her mind. “When are the Movers getting here?”

“Half an hour. I was getting worried you weren't gonna come back from wherever you went to all of a sudden.” Wendy said.

“Sorry 'bout that” she said. “Want I should move some of the smaller things into the car now, so we'll be loaded when the movers get here and we'll be out of the way?”

The other woman shrugged. “Can if you want.” And the keys were tossed her way.

Sandra caught them easily and waited til Wendy brought all her items for the car by the door, then closed her and her cats into her room. Once the door closed, Sandra loaded her arms and hands with all the bags and assorted items then grabbed the keys. Once outside, she was surprised to hear Kintaros speak, who was oftentimes asleep when in DenLiner.

'You know, this is good training right here.' he started. 'The more you lift heavy things, the better we will do in battle. Especially when using my Ax.'

Before Sandra could reply, Urataros's voice came in. 'I have to agree for once. The more you work-out your body, the better we all fight. That being said, perhaps you need me to take over, so you can work-out your voice as well, with all these good looking guys here.'

“Ummm. No.” Sandra stated firmly. “I'm married. I don't need to work-out my voice on them.” Having reached the car, she unloaded her items onto the sidewalk, and unlocked the car door.

'Just because you don't need to doesn't mean you can't do it.' Urataros replied, then just went silent after sensing her displeasure.

Sandra finished loading the pile she brought down, locked the car again, and started back up to the apartment. She was on the 3rd stair when she got a tingling from her senses that told of a nearby Imagin.

'Allow me.' Urataros said and took control of her body as they raced to the location of the creature. Her hair was now in a professional bun, but for a good sized strand of it on the left side of her head. This strand was tinted both light and medium blue. Her sweats had changed into a black form-fitting dress, with a jacket that was dark blue that hung over it, and black heels that gave her an extra inch in height.

Once at the location, she stared at the creature wrecking havoc at the pond inside the complex. “Mind if I reel you in?” she asked as she pulls out her belt and flings it about her waist. She pressed the blue button and passed her pass over it, turning the SetTouch blue and transforming her into Den-O, Rod form.

Once henshined, she pulled out the pieces to DenGasher and formed the choice weapon for this form, and the one that she knew how to use the most, the staff. And waited till the imagin attacked her, then began to attack.

15 minutes later, Sandra, still possessed by Urataros, was walking back to the apartment, thinking of the comment the now destroyed imagin said in the course of the battle. 'We will get you eventually. Won't let you or your friends get in our way.'

“Hey there pretty girl.”

Her thoughts were interrupted by the male voice. Looking over, she saw a couple of men following her. She winked at them and sent a flirtatious smile their way.

“Hey there back.” she said, and began to flirt with them.

Sandra, a little annoyed she hadn't thought of taking control of her body back, growled and immediately gained control again.

“Sorry.” Sandra then said. “I'm married.” And with that, she left the men to walk up the stairs to her apartment.

'What you do that for?' Urataros thought to her. 'I was enjoying myself.'

'Didn't you hear her?' Momotaros said rashly. 'She doesn't want you to flirt. Get over it.'

'She is remaining true to her one love.' Kintaros added. 'And doesn't need the attentions of any other man.'

And with the four imagin arguing inside her mind, Sandra unlocked the door and walked in, to see her roommate waiting for her, somewhat impatiently. The apartment was already being moved to the mover's truck in the parking lot.

“Took you long enough to get the few boxes in the car. The mover guys have already started.” Wendy said. “Where'd you go this time?”

“I...uh...had some business to take care of.” Sandra finally stuttered.

“Whatever. You stay here and supervise. I'll drive the car over and unpack it.” Wendy then said, then rushed out of the apartment with an annoyed stride, slamming the door behind her.

'What the hell is wrong with her?' Momotaros said gruffly.

“Just one of her moods, I am thinking. She tends to get them quite regularly.” she said, then stopped the movers from taking the box of belts. She took it from the man's hands and smiled.

“I'll hold onto these. Thanks.” she told the young man, who shrugged and went to get another box instead.

“I have a feeling that it's gonna be a long day.” she muttered while checking the box contents.

Meanwhile, in another part of the country, an older man sat at his desk and thought back to the day, just over a week ago, when his raid failed.

He stood in the doorway as he watched the small group of people searched a small, dark room.

“He's not here.” one young man said to the superior officer, who stood by the doorway, while saluting.

“And neither is his box of treasures.” another member of the raiding party said. “Must have taken it with him.”

“No.” the superior officer said, an edge of anger in his voice. “He sent them off already. They are in circulation. Damn it! Damn it all to Hell!”

The other members cringed at the outburst as they finished their job.

“Excuse me sir.” a female voice said, interrupting his thoughts. He looked up at the sharp looking brunette in front of him. “I have the information you were asking. As well as the list of potentials.”

He looked at her, and ran his hand thru his graying hair. “Thank you.” he said. After saluting him, the woman left him alone, closing the door behind her.

He picked up the file on his desk and smiled. A smile that frightened many. “Now, let's see what we can find. Or rather. WHO we can find.”

End of Episode 3
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 4 Part 1

Post by SpiritPink »

Episode 4 – Acceptance

Erick woke up at about noon the next day, and just lay in his bed, and stared at the plain white ceiling above him. Yet another day off, and he wondered how he was gonna spend it.

'Roommates are still asleep and will be for quite some time. That leaves them out.' he though to himself. 'Perhaps someone is online I can talk to.'

Deciding to do that, he rolled himself off his mattress and his feet hit the box he had thrown in the corner almost a week back. The box then jerked, even after his foot left it. Not paying it any attention, he sat down at his computer and went about logging into his various messengers and websites.

As he was logging into something, he heard a crash, and looked around for what caused it. His question was soon answered when he found the mysterious box tipped over. And empty, after a quick peek inside.

“Oi. Why'd you leave me me in there for so long?” a male voice rang out, and had Erick looking for his male roommate. But with no roommate in sight, he was even more confused.

“Who said that?” he asked, and soon felt something hard hit the top of his head. “What did you do that for?”

“To get your attention, Mr. Clueless.” the voice said again, and Erick turned to the sound of the voice. And saw something that scared the shit out of him. The toy bat that had been in the box was now flying on it's own, and staring at him in what seemed to be a glare.

“This can't be real. You're just a toy.” Erick said, and the bat signed loudly.

“I am no toy, boy. I am your fate. Now hurry up and accept me.” the bat said, but watched as the young man shook his head as if trying to shake something off.

“I'm hungover. That's what's wrong. I'm still hungover.”

“No you're not.” the bat said, and flew down to hover in front of his face. “You are sober. And had best remain that way.”

Erick chuckled. “Cool toy!” he said as he lunged for the bat. “Gotta show my roommates this cool little toy!”

The bat easily flew out of range and stayed up by the ceiling. “And once again I am not a toy. My name is Kivat Bat the Third. But you just call me Kivat.”

“Kivat, huh?” Erick replied. “How come you are alive? You got some kind of artificial intelligence inside you to keep you going like that.”

“A bit to difficult for me to explain. And for you to understand. Just understand that I....” Kivat started, then stopped in mid-sentence. “We've got trouble.” he stated, flying down and hovering by the door.

“WE have trouble?” Erick asked. “You mean YOU have trouble.” And with that, headed back to his computer. And was stopped in his tracks by Kivat.

“We have trouble.” he repeated. “If you don't believe me now, fine. But you will understand, and believe, if you'd only follow me.”

Erick sighed. “Fine. I'll go. But if it's all a trick, I will throw you away.” he said as he followed the bat out the door and over to his car.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 4 Part 2

Post by SpiritPink »

They soon arrived outside of town, at a small gas station. What Erick saw confused him even more. 2 people laying on the ground. But all he could see were their clothes, as the rest of them was invisible.

“What the hell?” Erick said, then stopped in his tracks when he heard, then saw something. A creature came from around the corner. It was large, about 6 foot, and appeared to be made of stained glass. A 3-D, living stained glass picture. The creature spotted him, and smiled broadly.

“About time you showed up.” it growled, then lunged towards him, barely giving him time to dodge out of the way.

“You need to henshin and fight!” Kivat yelled at him as he yet again dodged an attack.

“Henshin?” Erick muttered. “What the hell does henshin mean?”

“Transform, you stubborn boy. Hold out your hand and call my name. If you don't, you're gonna be dead.”

“Fine. Fine.” Erick said, standing and held his left hand in the air. “Kivat!”

Kivat flew to the open hand. “Bite!” he said, then bit it. “Henshin.” he then said

“Ouch! That hurt!” Erick said, but that was all he was able to get out. Bits of color soon framed Erick's face, and a belt formed from chains around his waist. Out of instinct, he put Kivat in his place. And posed, unknowingly to him, just as Kiva would.

“Finally. A real challenge.” The Fangire said, and went towards him again.

Inside of Time, Sandra sat in Den-Liner's Diner car, sipping juice from a colorful cup while coloring a picture with Ryuutaros. Kintaros was in his usual seat, snoring softly with the occasional loud snort which everyone ignored. Urataros sat sipping his colorful coffee while arguing with Momotaros about something or another.

Sandra was about to reach for the purple crayon when a flash went off in her head, her hand going still. And in this flash of knowing, she saw Kiva, fighting a fangire. Or rather, dodging a fangire.

“It's about time.” she muttered to herself, then went back to her picture as she began wondering who should be next to receive a belt.

Erick was getting his butt handed to him. Which was unsurprising, really, seeing as how he had no experience in fighting and no belief in his abilities in this form. He went to dodge yet again, but wasn't fast enough this time and got hit straight in his chest, sending him thru a pile of rubble and hard against the nearby wall.

Erick shook his head. “Now THAT hurt.”

“Now you going to take this seriously?” Kivat asked from his place on the belt.

“Suppose I need to.” Erick said. “What do I need to do?”

“Pull out the Blue fuestle to combat his speed.” Kivat suggested, and Erick followed the directions given to him.

After placing the Fuestle properly, and hearing Kiva call out “Garulu Saber”, he then grabbed the Saber from out of the air. Almost immediately, he was transformed into Garulu Form and used the saber to counter the fangire's speed and allowed him to greatly wound the fangire.

Erick then placed the saber into Kivat's mouth, which turned the saber the same cobalt blue as his form after Kivat called out “Garulu Bite”. After which he pulled the blade out and held it in front of him, then placed it in his mouth. With a growl, he jumped into the sky and spun, causing the blade to slash the fangire and release it's energy. With the energy released, Castle Doran came out of nowhere, consumed the energy, then went back to where it came from.

Erick detransformed and stood for a moment, taking it all in and breathing a sigh of relief. He then turned to Kivat, who was flying nearby.

“Hey, Kivat. Can you teach me more about all of this?” He then asked.

“Will do what I can.” Kivat replied, and the 2 of them went back to Erick's car for the drive home.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 4 Part 3

Post by SpiritPink »

In a different part of Florida, a young woman sat in front of her laptop, her fingers a blur over the keyboard. Her hazel eyes, framed by a pair of dark gold glasses, stayed on the screen as she was intent on finishing this report before the end of the day. When a strand of her hair, a medium brown, fell from the ponytail, she paused just long enough to push it behind her ear before continuing to write.

A few hours later, the door to her room opened and an older woman smiled as she saw her daughter still at her desk. She tapped her on her shoulder, as her daughter, she knew, could not hear her. Her daughter was deaf.

The young woman looked up as she saw her mom with a tray carrying her favorite snack and drink. “You finished your report yet?” the older woman signed as she placed the tray on the table next to the desk.

Maeko grinned broadly as she took the glass of Diet 7-Up and took a nice long sip. “Just finished actually. All I need to do is print it and put it in my bag for the morning.” she signed back to her.

“You need a break from the computer for awhile?” her mother then signed, worried that her little girl spent too much time glued to the screen. “Perhaps get a little fresh air. Rest those eyes a little.”

Maeko grinned and nodded her head. “Perhaps I will. Then I need to get to work QCing the newest episode of Decade for the website. The natives are a bit restless for it.”

But first she made quick work of the cinnamon buns and soda on the tray. When finished, she took the empty tray to her mom in the kitchen, smiled at her dad sitting on the couch reading a newspaper, waving at him, then headed to the front door.

But as soon as she opened it, a young delivery man stood there, his hand poised to knock. He chuckled then put the package on the ground before beginning to sign to her. “Maeko Morrison?”

“Yes. Can I help you sir?” she signed back, wondering in the back of her mind how he knew she was deaf.

“I have a package for you, ma'am.” he then told her, then handed her the pad for her signature.

Maeko grinned and took the pad from him and signed her name and handed it back to him. He then picked up the small box and handed it to her. “Have a wonderful day.” he said, then walked away from the door.

Maeko was so excited at getting a package, she didn't watch the man before she closed the door. If she had, she would have seen the smile on his face as he walked off.

But she didn't pay attention to the delivery man. Foregoing her afternoon walk, she raced back to her bedroom and closed the door. She sat down on her bed and tore at the wrapping paper, anxious to see what was sent to her. She loved getting packages.

Even more so when the package was related to one of her favorite loves. Anything Japanese, especially anime and tokusatsu. Which included Super Sentai and Kamen Rider, among other things. So when she saw what lay in the box, she grinned like a child in a candy store.

In the box lay a belt. One that she recognized to belong to the Kamen Rider series that aired from January 2004 to January 2005. Kamen Rider Blade. One of her favorite series. Even though she couldn't hear the show, she could read it, as it was subtitled by a group of fansubbers known on the internet as TV-Nihon, of which she was a contributing member. This group was responsible for subbing Tokusatsu shows and other interesting Japanese shows for the non-Japanese speaking fans.

She took the belt out and examined it. It really was an excellent replica of the belt. She unclicked it and put it on. And pleasantly surprised when it fit her perfectly. As if it was made for her.

As soon as the click sounded in the room, the change happened. But unlike the change that happened to the other 3 riders, she was covered in a dark light for what seemed like forever. When it finally dissipated, she felt no different.

Or so she thought. Her head began to pound as she started hearing a voice inside her head. A voice that 'suggested' she do a number of things she wouldn't normally do. Like attacking people. Children, Older people. Innocents. And, to her even more confusement, Riders.

'No. I refuse to harm anyone. I love this world. I want everyone in this world to live happily.' she thought, but her mind continued to assault her with the dark thoughts and dark deeds to be done.

And the battle within her mind lasted for over an hour, as Maeko had a strong sense of what was right, and a dislike of all that harmed others. She loved the world, and everyone who lived there.

But the darkness that claimed her as she put on the belt was relentless as well. It patiently continued it's assault, waiting for the moment when her will cracked or lessened for even a fraction of a second. And when it finally did, it jumped at it and widened the crack enough to allow it full entry inside her, body and soul and mind.

Maeko cried out when the dark thoughts pushed her aside and took full control of her body. Right after it had control, she stood up and smiled, in an evil way.

'Oh, we are gonna have so much fun causing havoc and despair. Especially for the Riders, both awakened and those not yet awakened.'

Dark Maeko then flipped the buckle over to where a spade showed and mentally called out “Henshin”. A black field with the picture of a beetle came from the belt and stayed a few feet from where she stood. And, with her now green eyes full of mischief, she stepped thru the field and transformed into Kamen Rider Blade. A Dark Kamen Rider Blade.

'Just what the heck is going on here?' Maeko cried from within herself, unable to control what was happening to her.

“Just wait and see.” the Dark that controlled her replied as she walked straight out the front door to the house, ignoring all the odd looks from her parents.

“The fun is just getting ready to start.”

End of Chapter 4
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 5 Part 1

Post by SpiritPink »

Episode 5 - Arrival

“Ore...Sanjou!” Den-O called out, after transforming, yet again, in the parking lot of Sandra's store. He looked straight at the imagin and cocked his head.

“Welcome to the party. You ready to die?” Den-O asked, then immediately charged the creature.

“You're the one who is to die.” the imagin said, and attempted to hit the Rider with its hand, which was in the shape of a sword.

And missed. Within just a few minutes, the imagin was kneeling on the ground. Den-O didn't hesitate, and passed the Den-O Pass over the SetTouch, setting the sword up for the final attack.

“Full Charge” was called out and Den-O raised the sword and said in his cocky voice “Hissatsu..Ore no Hissatsu waza...Part 3!” And proceeded to slice the weak imagin, killing it instantly.

Tapping the sword on his shoulder, he chuckled. “Seems to me that they are getting weaker.” he said while looking for a spot to dehenshin. And turning around, he sees another rider walk up to him.

“Hey, what did you think...” he started, but didn't get to finish as the rider aimed a kick at him that made him fly to the woods and land hard against a tree. He got up from the ground and dusted himself off.

“What the Hell you do that for?” he demanded of the new rider, who began to attack him. And, on instinct, began to fight back, counter move for move.

'Looks like you made a bad decision with your Blade choice.' Kintaros said as she and Momotaros fought.

'That's just the thing. I didn't send out the Blade belt. Just the Henshin device for Hibiki.'

'You sure? You know how your memory is. Like Kume-chan's.' Ryuutaros added with a giggle.

“Oi, get your head back in the game, rookie! And you all should stop distracting her.” Momotaros said as he once again hit the ground.

'But it's so much fun!' Ryuutaros said.

“Shut up, Brat! Block them out and help me fight!” Momo said in an irritated mood. So Sandra, in interest in staying alive, blocked the others out of her mind and tried to focus on the battle in front of her.

Dale had just finished checking into his hotel room and on his way to get groceries at the nearby 7-11 when he heard the sounds of battle. Curious, he began to jog to the area, and hid behind the trees once he arrived there. What he saw there shocked him. In both a good and bad way.

Currently fighting were 2 Riders, much like himself. Den-O was currently fighting what looked to be Blade. And Den-O looked like they were in some serious trouble. As he had a hard time standing up after the latest punch to his armor. But, as it appeared to be a duel, Dale stayed out of the fight.

That is, until Den-O got slammed into a tree, and struggled, and failed, to get up yet again. Dale ran out in between the two riders, and held out his arms. “Leave him alone! Can't you see you've already won?”

Dark Blade saw the young man step between her and the other rider, and mouth something. But, unable to read what he said, she just shrugged and began to start her final attack again. But, after she pulled her sword out, the guy in between the 2 combatants surprised her.

After not getting a reply, Dale figured the other rider didn't care. So he continued to stand there, between the dueling riders. 'Can't transform to help. I can only fight in the Mirror World. I can be of no use to him. But I can serve as a distraction to gain Den-O some time.' he thought to himself.

Dark Blade chuckled inside her mind as the man continued standing there. 'Looks like I get to destroy a Rider AND an innocent. This must be my lucky day!' And continued readying her attack.

'NO!' Maeko cried out loud enough to have Dark Blade stop and hold her head in her hands. 'Fine. I'll concede this battle. But I WILL get him next time.' Blade thought as she walked away from the battle, to the confusion of the remaining person and rider there.

“Hey Den-O, are you...” Dale started as he turned around, then saw that the other Rider had disappeared as well. “Well damn.” he said before walking back to the store.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 5 Part 2

Post by SpiritPink »

Den-O limped to a secluded spot near her store and dehenshined. She winced when she saw all the bruises starting to form. Sighing heavily, she grabbed her bike and started walking it away from her store “Got my ass handed to me there.” she muttered.

'Well, that's what you get for spacing out.' Momotaros humphed, then went silent on her.

Changing her mind, Sandra started walking back to the store. She was hungry and had remembered there was no quick food in the new apartment. She parked her bike outside the store and was entering it when her cellphone rang.

“Hello?” she answered, and was pleasantly surprised by who responded.

“Konnichi wa, Usako!” the male voice greeted her, and Sandra grinned.

“Konnichi wa Mamo-chan!” she replied happily, then as she was going down an aisle, saw the person she was on the phone with who didn't know she was there. Suppressing the giggle, she quickly went to the other side of the store but still in view of him.

“Guess where I am at?” he asked as he browsed the soda selection and finally decided on a Pepsi.

“How about a few feet away from where I am currently standing?” she said, and waved when he quickly turned around and found her.

He walked over to her and hugged her tight. She barely managed to hide the wince from the soreness from the last battle. “Fancy meeting you here.” he said.

'Looks like he's as clueless as you are.' Ryuutaros briefly commented.

“I agree. Want to hang out over at my apartment, so we don't take up space here?” she suggested, ignoring the imagin's smart aleck comment.

“Sounds like a plan.” and with that, the 2 friends bought their respective items and walked out the door and to where his bike was parked close to hers.

“Follow me.” she said, and waited til he got on his bike and had it started. She then got on her own and rode home, with him following her closely.

Meanwhile in Missouri, a young man was sitting in the counselor's office at the local high school. But this young man was not getting counseling or advice on college choices. Instead, he was the one giving the advice.

Michael Williams was one of 4 counselors for the high school, and was happy to have been offered the position here in his hometown of Kansas City. And at the very school he had graduated from what seems like forever but was only 8 years ago. So he knew very much what the students were going thru, as he had gone thru the same thing only a short time ago.

At first glance, one would think him a student still. He was short, a mere 5'6”, and a youthful look about him. But it was his eyes that caused more than a few of his students to sigh. His eyes were a light gray, and seemed to peer into the very soul of a person. His hair was a shiny black that was cut short, and always seemed to be windblown even though he always combed it.

A knock on the door to his office interrupted his train of thought. He straightened his desk a little, and ran his fingers through his hair, before replying with “Come In!” in a cheerful voice.

A red-haired young woman poked his head in the door, then came all the way through. “Konnichi-wa, Sensei.” she greeted him as she bowed.

Michael bowed slightly at the student. “Konnichi-wa.” he replied in turn. “Need help with something?”

“Just wanted to go over some of the club stuff with you, if I could.”

“Not a problem.” Michael said, and gestured to one of the guest chairs.

The young woman sat down and the two began to go over various meeting times and activities of the club that Michael had founded and co-sponsored. The club was called the Nihon Society, it's focus being the Japanese culture and those who admired it, as well as the different Japanese shows they watched two to three times a week. It varied between different genres of Anime and Tokusatsu.

Michael loved the Tokusatsu days best, as he was a very avid fan of it. His favorite being the Kamen Rider genre. At the moment, the Society was in the middle of the series Kamen Rider Hibiki, which ran from January 2005 to January 2006. The reason he chose that particular series to show was to help the club members learn from the characters on the lessons and problems that come with growing up.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 5 Part 3

Post by SpiritPink »

About an hour later, Michael and the student were talking about cosplay in a nearby anime convention when a knock interrupted them. “Come in!”

A teacher came in the door, and looked at the student in the guest chair. “Sorry for interrupting your session, Michael.”

“Not a session. Just Club talk. What can I do you for?”

“Oh, the Society thing. Anyways, a delivery man came with a package for you, and insisted on delivering it in person rather than leave it with the front office.” the older woman told him.

“Hmmm. Interesting. Go ahead and show him in then. If he's determined to deliver it in person, let us let him.”

The older woman nodded and made a gesture with her hand as she stepped outside the door, and a UPS delivery man stepped in, a small box in one hand, an electronic clipboard in the other. Michael stood up and walked to the door.

“Michael Williams?” the delivery man asked, and Michael nodded his head in reply. “Sign this, if you could please.” he then said, handing him the clipboard. The counselor signed it and took the box the man in brown handed to him. With a short nod of his head, the delivery man walked out of the office, out of the school. And disappeared, once again with a smile on his face.

When the student got to his feet, Michael just shook his head. “No need to leave. In fact, you may get a kick out of this.” And while the student sat down again, Michael opened the box and pulled out a tuning fork. He didn't even notice the envelope nestled in the box.

The student's eyes goggled when she saw what was pulled out. “That...that's Hibiki's Tuning Fork!”

Michael chuckled. “Not the actual fork, mind you. Just a well-made replica. Ordered it a few days ago.” Although he was surprised that it was sent here, instead of his home. And that it had arrived so quickly.

Looking at it just made him smile. And his smile broadened when he saw the way his Society President goggled and sat with her eyes full of awe. So, he handed the fork over to let the young woman look at it more closely.

After getting the tuning fork afterwards, the fork glazed the desk, setting the tone off. And that is when the change happened. White light covered his hand, then his body, and surprisingly the entire office. Once the light faded, Michael was a bit surprised and more aware, and turned to the other occupant of the room.

The other student appeared to have not noticed the unusual light. And confirmed his suspicions when the young woman asked her sensei if everything was alright. Michael didn't get a chance to answer the question, as he heard a ruckus going on outside his window. Looking, he saw what appeared to be a large creature coming towards the building.

Following his instincts, he calmly escorted the young woman to safety than went to a patch of trees that would hide him from all who looked. He then pulled out the tuning fork, and tapped it against the tree next to him. Holding it up to his forehead, the face of an oni appeared and he was covered in purple flames. A minute later, he spread his hands and the flames disappeared, and Kamen Rider Hibiki appeared in this world for his first battle.

Hibiki muttered “Kitojutsu Onidume”, and claws appeared from his hands. With the claws, he was easily able to hurt the creature, which seemed to be a mutated and enlarged wolf. And he was able to get many slashes in by dodging the attacking creature and hitting it as he moved from spot to spot.

In order to slow the wolf creature more, he pulled out his drumsticks, using “Kibojutsu Rekkadan” to set them to flame and throwing fireballs at his enemy.

When the creature had stopped to lick it's wounds, Hibiki smiled and pulled the Kaentsuzumi from his buckle and, jumping on top the wolf, he placed it on it's back. Once enlarged, Hibiki began to beat out a rhythm with his drumsticks. After a time, the creature cracked and disappeared completely, leaving the new Kamen Rider standing there by himself.

After a moment of savoring the victory, Hibiki went back to the same patch of trees and de-transformed into his normal self. Although, Michael thought as he walked back to his office, he was anything but normal now.

And now, with this ability, Michael would be able to impart even more knowledge to his students, especially the members of the Society. He couldn't wait til the next club meeting.

Back in Florida, Sandra was spending some quality time with Dale as they watched the latest episodes of Kamen Rider Decade that she had finished downloaded from TV-Nihon. During one of the battles on screen, she had a flash of knowing. Replacing Decade on the screen was Hibiki, finishing his first battle. “Welcome to the team, Hibiki.” she whispered, low enough that Dale wouldn't be able to hear her.

But she also 'saw' someone else watching. And Sandra's Rider instinct went into full gear, know who it was and what belt the watcher would receive. “Two Riders in the same area. This is going to be interesting.” she thought, then turned back to the show on screen.

End of Episode 5

Return to “Fanfics”