Favorite Band: On/Off
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: Yes I am a Witch...Deal with It!

Chapter 6 Part 1

Post by SpiritPink »

Kamen Riders: The Chosen

Episode 6 – Complex Intelligence

On the other side of the same school, a young man sat in the back of a classroom with about 7 or 8 other students in it. Like the others, he was intent on his work. But unlike the others, he was not working on any type of schoolwork.

The 18 year old senior was currently writing in a notebook. His brown, nearly black, hair was short and his hazel eyes were focused on the story developing in front of him. He was slowly writing out chapter 2, for the 7th time. Changing some things around, adding and erasing constantly.

His face, though intent on the story, showed just a little bit of anger. His internet had gone out at home again, and this chapter had been accidentally deleted. He had a number of online friends who were expecting this chapter, and he was upset that he couldn't deliver as he had promised. Not to mention he had to deal with a few...idiots...in the last class he was in, which he was the TA, Teacher's Assistant, for.

So intent he was on his story that he didn't notice the teacher who had been standing there, and didn't look up until after she cleared her throat. He raised his eyes, looking slightly annoyed, though this was not the case.“Yes?” he asked reluctantly.

"I was told to deliver this to you." the teacher said, then handed him a note and walked back to her desk.

He took the note, which was written on an ordinary piece of notebook paper, folded in half. Without looking at it, he pulled it up his sleeve, making a mental note to read it at home. He then continued working on his story until study hall was over.

When the bell rang at the end of class, he walked slowly out of the room, making sure he was the last one out. As he left, his eyes flicked rapidly back and forth, taking snapshots of the surroundings, which were promptly memorized.

While walking, he scanned the crowd for people he knew, picking them out in seconds with a practiced eye. Seeing a friend, he muttered "Mark. Ally trajectory determined." Then, spotting an enemy, he said, "Mark. Danger detected. Initiating fall-back sequence." He quickly took one of three pre-planned alternate routes to the lunchroom.

On the 'new' route to the lunchroom, He heard a commotion. Something about a monster attacking students outside. He kept walking, occasionally flicking his eyes when reaching a new area, to memorize the new surroundings. He began looking for an area to observe the commotion, but encountered a problem along the way.

Seeing the girl he likes, who had rejected him, he said "Sheisa" under his breath, then follows her name with "I don't have time for this. Initiating callback procedures, stratcom-Exo-0-7a1-65." He then promptly pulls a 180, and heads outside, directly into the commotion.

As he walked into the commotion, he saw a familiar face: his counselor, Michael. Michael was acting oddly, appearing to sneak off into a bunch of trees, like he was trying to hide.

Pulling out a pencil and putting it up his left sleeve, he then remembered the note still in there and switched hands. He followed Michael while repeatedly scanning for enemies, and occasionally glanced in the direction of the commotion. He gripped the pencil tighter, a bad feeling about whatever was happening beginning to come over him.

Before he was able to reach Michael, he happened to see Michael pull out what looked like a tuning fork, and put it in front of his forehead. After changing into an armor of some type, Michael ran off to battle the creature. As Michael finished changing, all 5 levels of the student's mind kicked into full gear.

Level 1: Pulling up all escape routes and fighting ability data, as well as plausible dialog, in case Michael noticed him.
Level 2: Wishing he could do that.
Level 3: Wondering if this means that aliens, psychics, etc, are real. Presenting self with arguments and counter-arguments.
Level 4: Determining relative probability of the situation occurring, and probability that it is for real.
Level 5: Wondering what Michaels' transforming ability and the monster mean, and what is going on.

After the battle, he watched as Michael changed back and walked into the building. He hears Michael muttering about 'checking out the box that 'it' came in, as it let me change like that.'

The student followed the counselor back into the building and to the main office. He watched from outside the office, as Michael entered his office and closes the door.

Remembering that Michael had an open door policy to all of his students, the observant student paused as he considered his options. He decided that it wouldn't matter if class was skipped, as the chances of something he didn't already know were whatever came right after zero. Seeing this as the chance of a lifetime, he walked slowly into Michael's office, and closed the door behind him.

Michael was unaware of the student, as he was focused on pulling out an envelope from a box on his desk. That is, until the student spoke. "I saw you shift."
SpiritPink
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger, Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: KR Kabuto
Dreamy: Takeru Sato
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Sato

Chapter 6 Part 2

Post by SpiritPink »

Michael looked up slowly. "Excuse me?" he queried, putting the envelope down.

"Shift, shapeshift, transform, transmogrify, translate, reconfigure, etc." the student clarified.

"I...I see." Michael replied. "What do you want to know?" he finished as he slowly picked up the tuning fork and put it in his pocket.

The student deftly pulled the note out of his sleeve, and placed it in a pocket of his camo jacket which he habitually wore. "Anything. Better than the same old drudgery in class." Locking the door, he then continued. "No-one will be dropping in on us for a while, and I know you could kill me easily, so I pose no threat."

"I don't believe you are 'no threat', Tobias." Michael replied, then gestured to one of the chairs across from him. "Please, sit down and I'll tell you the truth."

Tobias grinned. “You are wise to realize I am more than no threat whatsoever, but it is quite obvious that I do not pose a sufficient threat to be of any concern. I will gladly listen to your tale." He then sat down in the offered chair.

Michael nodded his head, placed his feet on his desk, and leaned back in the chair. "You know I am an avid fan of all Japanese things. That is why I founded the Nihon Society. What you saw me henshin into is known as Kamen Rider Hibiki, a fictional character from a series shown in Japan from 2005-2006.”

Michael sighed before continuing. “I believed the show to be only fiction. Then I received this box in the mail today. Came just before the attack happened. I picked this up," he continued, pulling out the fork from his pocket and showing it to the young man. "And was immediately covered in white light. After the light left, I had certain...knowledge...come to me. So, when the attack started, I didn't hesitate and immediately went to take care of it."

Michael looked at Tobias. "Anything else you'd like to know?" he asked, indicating that he had finished.

“Hmmm..... since I know nothing about THIS particular Japanese series, I cannot think of anything, and must therefore assume that you have told me the whole truth, and that there is nothing more to say."

Tobias then pulled the note out of his pocket. "The Japanese ARE the best with technology, and I always thought they were hiding something." He unfolded the note, and prepared to read. "I better read this, in case it has to do with school. I plan on going home. I have a lot to think about."

When the note was opened, Tobias read: "Come to the front office immediately. You are expected."

"You know the door is open to you still. And I would hope you would not tell anyone about what I have just told you." Michael said, a little of his tension at being discovered leaking through his calm voice.

Tobias stood up and said, "You know me." Grinning evilly, he headed to the front office while thinking, "Wiccan's going to love this..."

Walking into the office, Tobias went straight to the secretary at the front desk. "I apologize for not arriving promptly. I was actually en-route when the commotion occurred. And afterward, I went to see my counselor, Michael, to help me calm down." While talking, he scanned the office, and pulled up the escape route files from the deep recesses of his brain.

The woman at the desk, having heard of the commotion, just nodded her head, and motioned to the UPS delivery guy sitting in one of the chairs behind them.

The delivery man walked up to Tobias, a small box in one hand, a pad in the other. He handed Tobias the pad. "Would you please sign for this, Tobias Mysemar?" he asked politely.

He looked at him and said, "I was pulled from class... for a UPS delivery at school? This just keeps getting better and better." He then saw the box, and his mind (fast as it was) instantly made the connection with the one Michael had. Exhaling slowly, he took the box, and signed the paper. Bidding the delivery man and the office aide goodbye, Tobias turned straight back to Michael.

As he returned to Michael's office, he remarked to himself that it was ironic that, just minutes ago, he had wished he could do what Michael did. He then considered where it would be best to test the phenomenon. "Not here.... Home would be much safer... Michael didn't have a choice... But I, I do."

He stopped at Michael's door, and said to himself "Like I said, this keeps getting better and better. Wiccan is SOOO going to love this.” He then opened the door, walked in, then closed it behind himself. He showed the box to Michael and said "You don't have to worry. I got one, too."

Michael was reading a note when Tobias walked in, the envelope he had been holding earlier sitting on the desk, open. He eyed the package warily. "Would you mind opening it in front of me?" he asked.

"Sure, but I will NOT put it on here. You had no choice but to..... henshin, was it? In an public area. But I will not run the risk of someone seeing the transformation, as I saw yours. I have a choice." Tobias responded. He looked at Michael pointedly, and opened the box, placing it on the desk between them.

Michael nodded his head and looked inside the box. Contained within was the Kamen Rider Faiz belt, beneath it an envelope much like the one which lay open on the desk. "Will you at least pick it up?" he asked.

"Oh, no you don't," Tobias said. "I remember that you said the change happened as soon as you picked it up. I will say it one more time: I will NOT run the risk."

Michael looked him straight in the eye. “I didn't henshin until the time you saw me. All that happened with I picked up my fork was being covered in light. You will not henshin into Kamen Rider Faiz until you don the belt. All that will happen when you pick it up is you being covered in light. That is all." he explained. "I would just like to know if it is truly from the same person."

Tobias frowned and said: "You didn't specify. Besides, there's another reason I'd like to wait. I have noticed that in all the series, as soon as the hero gets his power, the monsters start showing up. Apparently, you got this earlier today, or yesterday. Sure enough, a monster appeared, forcing you to henshin in a public place. No, I need time to plan"

Michael, knowing a bit about the student and how he worked, just nodded his head in understanding. He then takes out a business card and scribed something on the back, then handed it to Tobias. "Here's my home and cell number. Call me when you are finished planning, and pick up the belt." Michael then let out a small smile. "I can also help you out with anything you need to know about the series as well. Kamen Rider Faiz."

"You know my number. If you need help, call. I'll come running. Much better than school." Tobias replied, then walked out of the office and the school, and towards home.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 6 Part 3

Post by SpiritPink »

Once home, he descended to the basement (which he liked to call the 'Nerd Cave'), and logged on to Astro Empires, or AE for short. It was his favorite MMORTS. He let his friend WiccanSpirit, also known as SpiritPink on the Beta server of the browser game, know that he would be on their IRC channel, and that he had something interesting to tell her.

Sitting at her desk in the new apartment, Sandra was checking her AE Beta account, building more fleet for her next attack. Once the screen refreshed, she noticed she had a message. Opening it, she saw it is from her friend Jarnakel, asking her to get on their IRC channel. Grinning broadly, she opened up IceChat and logged onto the chat channel they had made. Seeing him online, she typed out Greetings, Handsome!

He groaned, and typed the normal response: I am NOT handsome. How many times do I have to tell you that? Ach, at least it wasn't huggles. Anyway.... You will NEVER believe what happened to me today. But first, a question: You're a major Anime/Japanese fan, right? Do you know anything about the Kamen Riders?

Sandra giggled in real life. 'So he got the belt.' she thought, then typed out I am a very big fan of the Kamen Rider genre. Why you ask? You wanna start watching it? *looks at him hopefully*

Good, Tobias responded, ignoring her plea, Because I only know what I learned today. You will NEVER believe this." he typed, then got straight to the point. “My counselor at school is apparently Kamen Rider Hibiki. I saw him......henshin today due to an attack at our school. I talked to him afterward.

Sandra sat for a moment. 'He saw Michael henshin? Good thing he wasn't just a bystander.' she thought before typing You have GOT to be kidding me. That series is fictional. You're playing with me, aren't you?

Have I ever lied to you before? Seriously! But that's not all! Apparently, I was Chosen to be Rider Faiz. I have not even picked up the belt yet, because I have notice that in all the series, as soon as the hero gets his power, the monsters start showing up. I need time to plan.

Sandra then typed: *shakes her head at what he tells her* Ok, I'll go along with it. Have you thought of a plan? She was trying so hard not to squeal or let her emotions or actions show that she knew more.

Well, first I am going to try on the equipment in the privacy of my own home, Then I will try to locate the other Riders, as I assume there are more than 2.

Sandra debated with herself, not sure how to proceed. She wanted to help him so much, but couldn't reveal her identity. Not until he asked her if she had sent the belt. Yes, there are more than 2 Riders. In the current era, there are 10, including the current series, Kamen Rider Decade. she finally typed.

Wow, you must know everything about these guys. Good thing I told you! I will call YOU first if I need help. Don't know when I'll be back on. See ya. He then logged off and went do do some random stuff on his computer, including running virus scans and such. (He was slightly paranoid, but had reason to be. He had very important information on the computer, and when living with his grandmother, had fought with the less than tech savvy adults, who seemed to think that no security was good security, and necessary programs such as JAVA were malware)

An hour later, he went back to the box. He opened it, and stepping away from the computer, not wanting to break it on accident, and donned the belt.

Once Tobias had donned the belt, it started to glow white and the change began to occur. New instincts told him to press '555 enter' on the phone included with the belt and then place the phone in the belt buckle. He followed the instinct.

Once done, the belt glowed even more, and the white glow encompassed his entire body. The glow soon disappeared, and Kamen Rider Faiz was standing where he had been.

"That's a nice trick" Tobias said, then soon realized that this was not 'just a trick' when another self emerged within him. It felt like a wolf, but more powerful. This wolf tried to control him, to go out and find some evil so he could practice.

'What the- I talked to the 2 people who would know the most about this, and neither told me THIS would happen! Oh, no you don't bastard! This is My mind!'

The Wolf didn't like this resistance, and insisted the need for practice, for when a real battle came. As it did this, it continued to force Tobias to the backround.

'Of course I need to practice! But not while being controlled!' Then he thought deep within himself 'It's a good thing I played Sunflashes RPG as a mind mage, and I'm obsessed with psychics. I understand how mental combat works.'

Tobias then started closing off sections of his mind, preventing the Wolf from taking over the whole thing. He reinforced the barriers, and put mental spikes on them. Finally, he let go of his physical self, and became a being of pure thought in his own mind.

The Wolf, who was no ordinary wolf, didn't like having a cage penned up around him, and so fast. But it was content to wait for the time being. At least, until a battle. THEN it would show its true strength.

Back in Florida, Sandra was not in her apartment, but at her store. They had asked her to come in for a few hours, to take care of some ordering that the other associates couldn't handle as it was extremely busy due to spring break.

She was in the freezer counting when she was given a flash of knowing. She saw Jarn, as she called him, henshin into Faiz. She grinned broadly, then went back to work. "Welcome to the party, handsome." she said to herself as she counted another case of Pepsi.

Seeing the wolf submit, Tobias carefully expanded the barriers, slowly taking control back. Only when he had regained his entire mind did he relax. After that, he began to do some training for a while.

After he de-henshined some time later, he fell to the ground, reaching for the computer and failing. "Haven't had a challenge like that for a while....Ah, Wiccan can wait. Ow. Ow. She's......gonna love.....mfvfu..." And fell asleep right on the floor.

End of Episode 6
Alara Moonrunner
Gabu
Favorite Band: Depends on the day
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Music

Re: Kamen Riders: The Chosen

Post by Alara Moonrunner »

I've loving the story so far and I hope you don't mind but I have encoded the first episode into html for you.
SpiritPink
7X

Post by SpiritPink »

Alara,

I am SO happy that you are enjoying the story so far. :D As far as the encoding goes, I have no problem with that either. At least, I don't think I do. What all does that involve?

~Spirit
Alara Moonrunner
Gabu

Basically I just use note pad to make it all pretty for offline viewing.

- Alara
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 7 Part 1

Post by SpiritPink »

Episode 7 – Duality

Sandra heard a buzz while she was ordering items in the store's cooler. Recognizing the buzz as a signal that one of her co-workers needed her help in the store, she finished up the screen she was on. She then stepped out of the cold and into the warm store, her glasses immediately fogging up.

While walking up to the counter, it was obvious how busy the store had gotten. The line had about 7-8 people waiting in it, and wrapped around part of the store. Putting her order screen up, Sandra took off her jacket and went to the middle register to help the line get moving.

Maeko was getting a bit hungry, after all she had been staying in a hotel for a few days now. She also needed some basic supplies, which she can grab from 7-11 that was across the street from where she was staying.

She walked into the store and was a bit surprised to see type of crowd in the store. It was packed. At the same time she felt the Dark getting stronger. Not knowing why, she used some of the willpower she had left to push it back. She knew it would not be long before Dark would overwhelm her, so she quickly got what she needed and stood in the line.

Sandra finished ringing up a customer, and waved her hand in a forward motion at the line, calling out "I can help the next customer please!"

Maeko walked up to Sandra. Pointing to her ear, she shook her head to inform that she was deaf. She then placed her items on the counter to be rung up.

Sandra smiled brightly at the young woman. 'This will be a good time to practice my rusty skills.' she thought, then signed "Will that be all for you?"

Maeko was surprised that the cashier had actually signed to her. "Eh, yes." She answered shyly.

Sandra couldn't help but smile at the young woman's surprise. But, looking closer at her as she rang up the snack foods and drinks, Sandra saw an underlying sadness about her. Once she finished ringing all the items up, she signed "Are you alright? You seem to be depressed." After which she pointed at the display that showed the total amount owed.

Maeko answered awkwardly at such question. "I am ...just homesick." 'At least that was a half-truth', she thought to herself. "Came to this place on errands, so I am not used to things around here." She got the cash out of her wallet to give to the cashier.

Sandra the took the cash, and made the appropriate change and handed it to her. "I am off shift in 10 minutes if you'd like some company. I am an excellent listener." she signed, then began to put the items in bags.

'Errands? Yes, to kill riders.' Dark said, silently laughing in her head. 'Shut up.' Maeko answered back. She then hesitated for a bit. "Oh...well I don't have much to say."

"Then I would be honored to just keep you company. You must be lonely being away from home. And perhaps we could find something that we have in common. Everyone can use another friend." Sandra then signed.

"Uh...sure." Maeko signed gently. 'Friend?' Maeko thought to herself. 'Am I allowed to have one after what happened to me?' She needed some answers, but was unsure where to get them. 'A stranger is not a bad place to start.' she thought. 'After all, she's just a stranger.'

Sandra then signed back, asking her to wait either over by the magazine rack or outside and that she would be with her as soon as possible.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 7 Part 2

Post by SpiritPink »

Maeko nodded and went outside. Opening one of her drinks, she started to drink one of the Yoohoo that she had bought in the store while waiting for the cashier.

Sandra, after putting up with good natured teasing by her co-workers(for taking so long to ring up a sale, being able to sign, and a few miscellanious things), counted her register. After recording her numbers, she headed to the back room and quickly clocked out.

After taking off her 7-11 smock (under which was a US Navy t-shirt) and grabbing her purse, she let her co-workers know she would leave her bike there and retrieve it later on. Sandra then walked out of the store and up to the deaf woman standing against the wall. She tapped her on the shoulder and signed "I apologize for keeping you waiting."

Maeko, deep in thought, jumped by a tap from the cashier. "That is okay." She smiled at the cashier. "My name is Maeko, what's yours?" she signed, but thought 'What am I doing? I am risking a stranger's life by just being around her.' She could hear Dark saying, 'Wait and see…you can only fight me for so long.' Maeko tried to ignore that last thought, and felt a bit exhausted trying to control Dark, and the thoughts that came from it.

Sandra smiled at Maeko. "My name is Sandra. But you can just call me Sandy." She then motioned Maeko to the side of the building, so they could sit down on the curb and be out of the way. "I hate to be so forward, but may I give you a hug? You look like you need one."

'Hug? That sounds like someone I know from one of my regular sites.' She reluctantly gave Sandy a hug then sat down on the curb.

"So what do do you do for fun? Any particular shows you like on tv?" Sandra asked, sitting down next to the young woman.

Maeko said "Yeah, well I watch TV online mostly, ya know foreign shows, stuff like that."

"So do I. Well, mainly Japanese shows. I am a real big fan of Tokusatsu. You familiar with it at all?" Sandra asked.

"Tokusatsu?!" Maeko became excited, the odds of meeting someone who liked tokusatsu and also knew sign language made her feel happy. "Yes, that's one of my favorite type of shows to watch." Maeko smiled.

"You as well?" Sandra signed, her face breaking out in a huge grin. "Where do you get your subs at? I go to TV-Nihon myself. They've got a lot of cool shows there."

"Yes, I know that site. In fact, I sometimes QC for some of their shows." Maeko signed.

"Really? May I ask what your username is?" Sandra then asked. She was getting more and more excited by the second. A fellow TV-Nihon member. Things couldn't get any better for her.

"Silentwolfdog. What's yours?" Maeko looking forward to see who she may be, even though she may have already guessed correctly based on the hug.

"SWD?" she signed, then giggled madly yet again. "I go by SpiritPink. Nice to finally meet you in person, gorgeous! Imagine the odds of this kind of encounter."

"Ah, that's what I thought! Who else would want to hug someone else, especially a stranger?" Maeko giggled. Which was something she hadn't done since Dark took over her.

Sandra smiled at her online friend. It was so awesome to meet her. "You want to move this meeting to a different location, so we aren't sitting outside all day? Perhaps my apartment or the place you are staying at?"

"I am staying at a hotel, so you can come over if you want." Maeko suggested.

"Okay! Let's go ahead and head over there then!" Sandra signed, then stood up and held her hand out to help Maeko up.

"Ah, the hotel is across the street. That one. Just follow me." she said, pointing to one of the two hotels sitting across the street.

After waiting for a break in the traffic, the two young women ran across the street to the hotel. Maeko then took Sandy to the second floor and into her room. Once the door was closed, she told her to sit wherever she want and asked if she wanted anything to drink.

"Whatever you are having is fine with me." Sandra told her, then sat down at the desk located next to the bed.

Maeko grabbed a soda from the small cooler and gave it to Sandy. "Here you go." Maeko then opened the laptop and asked her if she wanted to see if any new shows had ben put up on TV-Nihon Tracker, so they could watch them together.

Sandra gratefully took the soda, opened it, and sipped before replying with "I'd love to!"

Maeko looked at the tracker on screen. "Ah, a new Decade episode is out...” she told Sandra. “How about that one?" Maeko asked.

"The new Decade is out? Heck Yeah!" Sandra answered, making herself comfortable while starting to watch the episode with her friend.

The episode in question was about Kamen Rider Blade meeting Decade, then fighting together. Maeko stopped smiling and frowned slightly. 'That was not what I have been doing. Protecting.' She unawarely signed to herself "How can I stop this?"

Sandra, who had been intent on the show, saw movement out of the corner of her eye, and caught what was signed. But she decided to wait til the end of the show before saying anything.

But before Sandra had a chance to mention anything, she heard a scream coming from the slightly open window. Walking to it, she opened the curtain and looked out. What she saw not so much as shocked her and it did annoy her. 'And here I thought I'd get time to hang out with my friend.' She thought before turning to Maeko.

"I'm sorry, but I forgot I have to go home now. My roommate wants me to help make dinner tonight." she told her, trying to come up with a plausible excuse to get out and downstairs.

"Oh, ok. Sure. Guess we will see each other again sometime?" Maeko asked hopefully.

"Find me on IRC anytime tomorrow and let me know when you are free. I am not working for a few days, so I'll be able to come over any time you want." Sandra replied.

"Ok, sounds good." Maeko and Sandra then walked to the door. "See ya later." Maeko signed, thinking that this was a good time because she felt like she was running out of energy.

Sandra hugged Maeko once more, then walked down the hallway. Once she heard the door close, she ran downstairs and outside. After looking around, she found an area hidden from the panicking guests and ran to it.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 7 Part 3

Post by SpiritPink »

Once hidden, she pulled out her belt and slung it about her waist. "Let's do this, Momotaros!" Sandra muttered, then passed her Pass over the SetTouch. Once fully henshined, Sandra raced out to begin the battle with the imagin terrorizing the hotel guests.

After the door closed, Maeko took a few steps and fell to the ground, putting her hands over her forehead. 'Ugh...no...I can't hold on much longer...'

'Kamen Rider!!!' Dark exclaimed.

'Kamen Rider?' Maeko thought, confused.

'I sense it's presence!' Dark replied. Taking advantage of the weak willpower, Dark quickly took over her body. 'Ah, it feels good to have the body back.' Dark thought, then walked over to the window to see what Sandra had seen outside.

Sandra, who was attacking the creature while scared tourists stood in the shadows watching, was getting her ass handed to her. It seemed as if it was expecting her moves, and countered back. Every single blow had been blocked. 'Dammit! This isn't suppose to happen!' she thought as the battle continued. “Just focus!” Momotaros said out loud.

Dark, having sensed the Rider coming from a certain direction, opened the window. Dark was about to jump out, but stopped and grinned broadly.

“Henshin!” Dark called out telepathically. The buckle then called out “Turn Up!” and a dark image of a beetle appeared, right in front of the window. Dark ran thru it and leaped out the window, landing on the ground like it was no big deal.

'I hope it's the rider from the last time. You better not interfere this time, Maeko.' Dark Blade thought before beginning to run in the direction where it sensed the rider was.

Sandra was on her hands and knees, trying to catch her breath from all the dodging of the creature. 'Never have had THIS much trouble before. Did they power up or something?' She looked up just in time to see the imagin shoot a ray of energy towards her.
“Sword Vent.”

When she next looked up the ray had been deflected.

Looking closer, Sandra saw Ryuki standing in front of her. "Are you alright, Den-O?" Ryuki asked.

Before she got a chance to reply, the imagin began it's attack again. Ryuki raced towards it and after only a minute, had the imagin on it's knees.

“Final Vent.” was then announced, and Ryuki sent a well aimed Flying side kick at the imagin's chest, at which point it was destroyed completely.

Sandra walked over to her fellow Rider. "Thank you for your assistance." she said to him.

Dark, which had stood back in the shadow witnessing the battle, decided to interfere. So it threw some energy from the sword, and into the ground where two riders stood. Dark sent out it's replies by telepathy 'Well, well, what a sweet scene between two riders! No worries, I shall make sure to kill ya both at least, altogether, no? Ha!' Dark walking slowly towards them, mocking both of them.

Hearing a thought in her head not belonging to herself or the imagin, Sandra looked around and saw what she had last seen just the other day. Blade, walking towards them.

"What do you mean? You're supposed to be on our side!" she cried while thinking (supposedly to herself) 'I thought you were one of the good guys. You are one of the good guys. You just have to be.'

'Good? I...I am? What...can I...ugh this is too painful!' Maeko was thinking to herself. Unfortunately, only Dark Blade heard it and sent a sense of pain to Maeko to remind her who was in control.

'Ha ha. Good? Evil? I care nothing but to destroy you. Anything that get in my way will get destroyed along with you!' Dark Blade actually replied to Den-O, but also made sure that Maeko heard it as well. Dark Blade raised the sword which is hold in opposite direction than the real Blade would have done and started to run toward the riders especially Den-O.

Having recovered enough from the last battle, and remembering the last fight between them, Sandra didn't let her guard down this time. Meeting the attack dead on, she frowned and began her counter-attack. But instead of gaining some ground, she was losing it. That is, until Ryuki joined in the battle, and the two riders double-teamed against Blade.

Dark Blade was annoyed by the other rider ruining the fun of it. It then sent out telepathically 'Ryuki, get out of my way, you annoying bug!' while managing to deliver one good blow at Ryuki using it's sword.

But that one attack didn't stop Ryuki, or Den-O. They soon had their opponent on it's knees with . But, Den-O, being the soft hearted person she was, didn't kill Blade. Instead, she walked away from the battle, with Ryuki watching the other rider leave.

Ryuki, after a long mental argument on weather or not to destroy the traitor right then, left Blade's side a few minutes after Den-O did, and headed back inside the hotel.

Dark Blade, groaning from the pain, replied 'Mercy? From you? Heh, I swear...someday you will pay for this!' as it yelled at the already departed Den-O.

Maeko watched in disbelief at all of what had transpired. 'Den-O...' was all she could think of as the other two riders disappeared.

Dark Blade dehenshined and struggled to walk back to hotel. 'Not going to mock or yell at me today are you Maeko?' Dark asked, before Maeko took over due to exhaustion.

"Oww." Maeko said as she regain the control of her wounded body once again. She went to her room and slowly crawl to the bed then passed out.

In the privacy of a hotel bathroom, Sandra de-henshined and, hiding her slight limp, walked back across the street to her store. Glad that she remembered her purse, she grabbed her bike (to the chiding of her co-workers about not wanting to leave work) and led it out the door. Slowly, she began her trip home.

Chapter 7...Done
Alara Moonrunner
Gabu

Chapter/episode 8 is complete and will be posted as soon as I can prod SpiritPink into doing so.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 8 Part 1

Post by SpiritPink »

Episode 8 – Connections

Sandra slept through the next morning. At about 2pm she woke up, and stretched lazily in bed, much like a cat did. She smiled slowly, noticing her wounds were gone. Then, as she thought of what was said during the events of the previous evening, her smile disappeared.

~I care about nothing but destroying you. Anything that get in my way will get destroyed along with you!~

She moaned, then decided to attempt to shake her bad mood off by inviting Dale over, so they could work on some costumes for the upcoming anime convention, Jacon. She turned to the desk in her room, and logged into Yahoo Messenger.

In his hotel room, Dale sat at the desk, typing away at his laptop computer. He was making notes of the previous battle, as well as strategies for battles to come.

When his computer chimed that Sandra was on, he stopped what he was doing and answered her greeting. And when she asked, a few minutes into the conversation, if he'd be willing to come over to work on costumes, he readily agreed. Writing down the address she gave, he packed up his sewing supplies and took a cab straight over.

Meanwhile, at the airport, a young woman, appearing about 18 years old, exits the plane. ~I guess I should go get my bag and get to the hotel.~ she thinks as she looks around. Sighing mentally, she starts looking at the signs pointing towards the baggage claim and followed them.

After picking up her luggage and adjusting the laptop bag she's carrying, Sabrena walks toward the entrance, looking for a shuttle to take her to the Ramada. A shuttle appears shortly after she walks out. Sabrena gets on the shuttle, greeting the driver as she enters and goes to sit down.

After a few minutes she arrives at the hotel and goes to the counter to check in for the weekend. After getting her room number and keys, she goes up to the second floor and after walking a ways gets her key out and enters the room. Sabrena sets her suitcase on the floor nearest the drawers and her computer bag on the bed, nearest the window. She sighs and flops down on the bed, deciding to take a nap before dinner.

Meanwhile, a young man also enters the hotel and signs in. He then carries his bags to the room he was registered for, then locks the door. He takes out his laptop computer and starts to get into his chat program when he hears a thumping noise come from somewhere in his room.

Getting up, he starts to investigate it and finds it coming from one of his bags. Opening it slowly, he is hit in the head as the 'noise' comes out. The young man looks at the bat flying above him. "Sorry bout that." he says, then goes back to his laptop. "You forgot about me again. That is just wrong." Kivat replies, and proceeds to chew Eric's ass out for his irresponsibility.

Back in room 205, Sabrena's eyes open, going unfocused for a bit. After coming back to herself, she wonders about why she kept 'seeing' some of the fictional characters as if they were real.

She shrugs, deciding at the moment to shelve those thoughts for a later time period as she pulls out her own laptop. She quickly connects with the hotel's connection, thankful that this hotel has one unlike some of the hotels she's visited in the past. Sabrena logs onto Yahoo automatically and glances at her list. After seeing no one on she'll want to talk to, she starts up Firefox. After checking her email accounts, she goes to TV-N to see if any new episodes for KR Decade have been released.

In Sandra's apartment, a "clank clank" sound can be heard from her room. Unsure and wary, her roommate walks up to the door and knocks. Not getting an answer she opens the door, expecting a battle (she had heard about them on the news). What she does find just makes her groan. Sandra and Dale are sitting at her desk, watching one of her 'Japanese shows'.

"Turn it down, will ya?" she says forcefully before slamming the door shut. Sandra turns to Dale and grins. "Guess we got on her nerves again, eh Mamo-chan?" she said.

"Hai, Usako," Dale replied.

After they finished their episode, they went back to finishing the last touches of the costumes they would be wearing for the nearby anime convention, Jacon. They would be surprising the con-goers as Tuxedo Kamen/EternalSailor Moon as well as MagiRed/MagiPink.

Later that evening, while Dale was asleep on the air mattress in her room, Sandra was at work. She had been called in, again, to aid in putting away the latest inventory that arrived at the store. Seems like they were calling her a lot lately.

After checking and downloading the latest Decade episode, Sabrena walks out of her room, hopefully to get advice on good restaurants in the area. She decides to get a drink first, and hopes that she can find a nearby store. After walking a short distance, she finds and enters a 7-11 and immediately goes toward the drinks, the opening for Boukenger playing on her iPod. Sabrena browses the selection, surprised to find they have bawls in such a place. She immediately picks out as many as she can carry in her arms before making her way to the front of the store.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 8 Part 2

Post by SpiritPink »

Sandra watches the customer as she grabs nearly their entire stock of Bawls and carries them to the register. Amused, she waves off her co-worker and heads up to the register to ring her up. "Will that be all for you ma'am?" she asks after ringing up the sale.

"Yes, thank you." Sabrena replies as she fishes out her debit card, glad she doesn't store it in the same area as her ID card. As she hands over the card, their fingers touch and she sees a woman with blond hair. As she starts to come out of it, she asks herself who that was and why she saw such a thing.

Sandra watches as the woman goes distant for a moment, then come out of it. She swipes the card on the side of the register and hands the card back to her. "Everything alright?" she asks, worried.

Sabrena shakes her head slightly to clear the fog that overcame her as she takes her card back. "I am fine, sorry for blanking out on you like that. Maybe I can explain later?"

Before Sandra could respond further, she heard a scream come from outside the store. ~Imagin!~ Ryuuta says to her. She turns to the young woman and smiles briefly as she nods her head. "Excuse me please." Sandra says and walks quickly out of the store to a secluded area behind it. Once she was alone, Sandra pulls out her Pass and henshins into GunForm, allowing Ryuuta to possess her. They run out to meet the imagin and the battle ensues.

Meanwhile, Sabrena slips her wallet into her left jeans pocket. After pulling her left hand out, one can see the two rings on it. She hears the sounds of a battle going on outside, and after grabbing her bag she walks out. After only a minute of walking, Sabrena sees a character she only thought existed in a show she has seen now and then.~'No way...~ she thinks, stunned as she continues to watch the battle, neither of them noticing her.

After taking a number of good hits, Ryuuta finally was able to form his gun. He then takes out the imagin fairly quickly after that. Limping, he begins to make his way back to the secluded area. More injured than he originally thought, he falls to his knees, feeling faint. Leaning on a nearby tree, he attempts to catch his breath and regain some energy.

Sabrena sees Den-O limping towards somewhere and starts to follow him, abet slowly and at a distance. Unfortunately, she can't help the slight chink of the glass bottles from the bag in her arms.

Ryuuta looks up at the clink, and sees a young woman in front of him. But he saw something else as well. Something well hidden. He grins slightly as he looks at her. "Pretty Wolfie." he says before passing out and falling to the forest floor.

Sabrena, slightly startled that this person could see that, watches as there is a flash and the transformation reverses. She shows a bit of surprise on her face before sighing and grabbing one of the bottles out of her bag. After getting the bottle cap cut into her hand, Sabrena finally gets it open and starts to slowly pour the contents into a mouth that has opened after pinching the woman's nose.

Sandra automatically swallows the liquid, and winces as she comes to. She looks up at the woman she had helped just a short time ago. She slowly begins to sit up, embarrassed a bit from having her identity revealed. "Sorry for troubling you." she says automatically.

"It is no trouble, though I would like an explanation for all this. But first, I think you need to rest. My hotel room is nearby, come on." Sabrena starts to walk away, taking her bag with her.

Sandra nods her head and follows the young woman, not thinking about the fact that she was supposed to go back to work. After a short walk, they reached the hotel and the woman's room.

Sabrena digs her key out of her pocket and puts it into the electronic lock, after quickly pulling it out she gesture's the woman in before following behind her. Partly because of manners but mainly because of her paranoia.

As they enter the room, she goes to the mini fridge and starts to unload the rest of the bottles into it. Sandra watches the door close behind the woman, then goes to one of the plush chairs in the room and all but collapses into it, her head leaning on the back of the chair. She waited for the young woman's questions.

Sabrena finishes putting the bottles away and sees the woman all but passed out in one of the chairs. She lifts her up and carries her the few steps to the bed, then starts to undress her while blushing. ~Gods, she looks very nice.~ Sabrena quickly strips the woman down to her underwear, and after tucking her in, goes to take a cold shower.

Sandra comes out of her thoughts, realizing she had passed out yet again. Looking around, she sees that she was undressed and tucked into the single bed in the room. Hearing the shower, she sits up, leaning against a pillow she props up against the backboard. ~What's going on?~ Momotaros asked her. Sandra shrugs while muttering softly "Hell if I know."

Sabrena comes out a few minutes later, clad in one of the hotel's bath towels. "Ah, you're awake."

Sandra nods her head. "Again, I am sorry for troubling you like this." she replies, slightly embarrassed.

Sabrena holds her hand up to stave off any other apologies. "Like I said, it's fine. May I have the honor of knowing your name first?"

"Sandra. Sandra Brown. And yours?"

"Sabrena Pattat. Now, may I ask about the incident a few minutes ago?"

Sandra raised her hand and scratched her head. "Yeah, about that." she said, while thinking of how best to explain it.

"I am a Kamen Rider. Kamen Rider Den-O." she said, then began to explain what a Kamen Rider was.

Sabrena coughs, loud enough for Sandra to hear. "You do not need to explain" She walks toward her laptop and opens up Firefox.

Sandra looks over at the laptop, and sees TV Nihon's homepage. She chuckles. "Guess not." she says, then revises her planned speech. "Ok then. I was... chosen by some unknown person to receive the abilities and powers of Den-O." she said. "Since then, I've been fighting numerous imagin in the area." One thing Sandra decided not to mention was the fact that she herself had chosen numerous riders to join in the fight, all over the country.

Sabrena looks at Sandra, feeling like she's hiding something but says nothing.

"Are you hungry?"

"A little bit, yes. You?" Sandra asks her, hoping the questioning was over but highly doubting it.

"Very. I was about to ask for information when that imagin attacked. Do you know any good restaurants in the area?"

"Anything in particular you are looking for, or does it matter?"

"I have a preference for sushi and spicy foods but it doesn't matter really."

Sandra burrows her brows in thought. "Don't know of any Japanese restaurants in the area. But there is a Bennigan's that is open that I'm a regular at. We can catch a cab over there if you'd like."

"That sounds fine. It's been a couple of years since I was in one of those places."

"You'll like this one. I promise." Sandra said as she gets out of the bed and begins to dress in her clothes, minus the 7-11 smock, that had been placed in a chair.
SpiritPink
7X

Chapter 8 Part 3

Post by SpiritPink »

Sabrena waits, trying not to groan at seeing Sandra cover up her beautiful skin.

Sandra, being used to dressing in crowds due to her stint in the Navy, didn't flinch about dressing in front of a stranger. And, due to her naivety, didn't notice the looks she was getting from Sabrena.

Once dressed, she turns to the young woman and smiles. "Ready?" she asks.

Sabrena grabs her room key and after checking she still has everything, replies "Yep" and starts toward the door.

After opening the door, Sabrena stands in the hallway. Looking at Sandra she asks "Where to?"

Pulling out her cell phone from her pocket, Sandra made a quick call. Once done, she turns to Sabrena. "A cab will be outside in just a moment. Lets wait outside for it." she says, starting down the hall towards the outside.

Sabrena starts to follow her, pulling out her player and starting to listen to Nightwish - Away, she puts her player back into her right pocket and continues following her.

Once outside the hotel, the two find a cab already waiting for them. Opening the back door, she gets in first and waits for Sabrena to follow. Once both are in, she smiles and tells the driver to take them to her usual Bennigan's and the driver drives off.

Sabrena pulls her mp3 player out slightly and taps a center button on the side before pulling her headphones off. "So anything you wish to know or do you want to wait until we arrive?"

"Let's wait til we are seated." Sandra tells her. Only a few minutes later, the duo arrive at the restaurant. Once both are out of the cab, she hands the driver a 20 dollar bill. "See you in a few hours!" she says merrily, then turns to her companion. "Shall we go in?"

Sabrena nods and walks in, they are greeted by one of the servers, who asks how many. "Two and non-smoking, please." comes the response.

The server nods, and recognizing Sandra, places them in her usual section. A minute later, a young man comes up to them and asks Sabrena what she would like.

Sabrena looks up at the man and politely asks for a minute before looking at the drink menu again.

The server nods and walks away. A minute later, a roving waitress brings Sandra's drink. Sabrena then tells her what drink she would like. A few moments later, the waitress returned with the White Sangria for Sabrena.

Sabrena looks up from her menu, closing it then setting it down. She takes a sip from her drink while waiting for their server to return. When he finally returned, he looked at them. “Are we ready to order?”

Sabrena nods. "I'd like the sirloin, rare with a side of shrimp and the pilaf please."

Tim took the order down, not even asking about Sandra's order, as he knew her order quite well, then retrieved the menu from the table. "Not a problem. You ladies enjoy yourselves." he said before walking off.

Not even 5 minutes later, a bowl of chicken fajita soup was placed in front of Sabrena and a salad with 2 sides of ranch in front of Sandra. When Sabrena looked at it curiously, Sandra winked. “Tim always gives me and my friends free appetizers.” she said, smiling.

"So, are there any other questions you have about what happened tonight?" Sandra then asked after the server was gone.

Sabrena thinks for a bit. "Well for one, how is it possible? I thought such things were pure fiction."

"That's what I thought too. That is, until I put the belt on the first time and heard Momo's voice inside my head." Sandra replied. "And all four of the Taros are there. Well, currently on Den-Liner at the moment."

Sabrena humms to herself. "I see..."

"And...I believe there are others." Sandra continued after a moment's thought of how to proceed. "I have fought against a dark Blade and have fought with the aid of Ryuki as well."

“You believe or you know? Because to me it sounds like the latter.” Sabrena shoots at her.

~Aw Shit. I think she knows.~
Sandra thought before responding with "I know. Kinda have to when I fight against and with someone."

Sabrena looks at Sandra. "I knew from your wording."

"Umm... yeah." Sandra said, looking down. "Sorry bout that. I'm a little uncomfortable with talking about it to others."

Sabrena nods. "I can ask any other questions when we get back to the hotel, or would you prefer your place?"

Sandra thought about Dale sleeping in her room at the moment. "Best do it in your room. I've a friend staying with me who does not know of this." she said, being partially truthful. Dale indeed knew, but she did not want him to know that she knew.

Sabrena half shrugs. "Alright"

It was at that moment that their food arrived. Sandra grinned at the Monte Cristo placed in front of her. "Shall we eat?" she asked with a smile. Sabrena agrees and the two women ate their meal in companionable silence. After dessert and drinks, the two headed back to Sabrena's room. Sandra sat down in a plush chair and smiled. "Wonderful food. As always." she commented, almost to herself.

"Yes, I haven't been in a Bennigan's for at least five years now, sadly there isn't one back home."

"I am sorry to hear that." Sandra replied. "They have such wonderful food." she ended, the room going silent.

Sabrena smiles. "I know we have one back in Bloomington, as far as I know anyway. It could have vanished by now..."

"Such things happen. All things come and go as they are meant to." Sandra said.

Sabrena shrugs. "True, I've seen it happen in the sixteen years I lived in the area."

"So, I am guessing you are here for Jacon then?" Sandra asked.

"Yes, this is actually my first con." Sabrena replies.

"I've been to a few. Mainly with my hubby and a few of his friends." she said, then her face went sad. "Unfortunately, he is in Ohio right now, on parole, and can't leave the state. So he can't come with me on this one here. It's sad when you can't have family with you."

Sabrena nods. ~Geez, I was looking at a straight girl, probably monogamous too...~ "I completely understand."

But then Sandra grinned slightly. "Thankfully, my hubby and I are in an open relationship. I am allowed, even encouraged, to seek others for companionship. Though I have yet to find one." she said with a small giggle, unsure of why she blurted that out to someone she didn't know too well.

Sabrena looks over at Sandra curiously. "Really? Interesting..."

She let out a nervous laugh. "Yeah. He wants me to take care of myself while away from him, Or try to anyway. I was never real good at that. I'm very flighty and airy and need a good, strong person to ground me."

Sabrena sighs. ~Which leaves me out, I'm stuck in Indiana for the present time, I have enough for this trip, barely but that's it...~ “I'm only here for the con itself, I have to go back to Indiana afterward."

Sandra frowned just a little, unknowingly. "I'm sorry to hear that." she said. "I'm sorry to trouble you, but would you mind if I used your bathroom for a bath? I need to get enough energy to get me home. Has been a long and tiring day today."

"It's no trouble, I guess you also have water as one of your elements?" Sabrena asks, curiously.

"Air and Water." Sandra said with a smile. "Water mainly for healing. I am a Healer. I do my best work in the bath."

After saying that, she bows slightly, heads to the bathroom and closes the door, not thinking to lock it as she usually did at home. She started the water and waited the few minutes for the tub to fill. Once it did, she turned the lights off and sunk into the water, casting a protective circle about the tub as was her custom. But instead of feeling the healing energy the bath normally gave her, she instead curled up into the fetal position and sank deep into dreams.

After a while, Sabrena pokes her head in and sees Sandra asleep in the bathtub. She closes the door and decides to check her email accounts as well as a few other things. ~I'll check on her in a few minutes...~

Within her mind, Sandra was beginning to see images she did not fully understand. Heard words she didn't comprehend. And a song, filled with remorse and sadness, floated through-out it all.

And in the real world, unknowing to her, she began to hum the song with tears in her eyes.

Chapter 8...Done!
Alara Moonrunner
Gabu

Chapter 9, part 1

(I'm posting in place of Spirit, who is currently busy playing ST Online...)

Kamen Riders
The Chosen

Episode 9
Black as Death

Sabrena is on her computer in the other room, listening for anything that might suggest Sandra is awake and moving around, when she starts to hear a faint humming coming from the bathroom. Curious, she stands up and moves toward the door, wondering what would cause such a sound. She finds Sandra in a trance, humming.

Unaware of the real world, Sandra was faced with images from her past. She wore a cream-colored cloak and knelt at the side of a man, singing her song. Next to her knelt a raven-haired beauty. Her song ended and she looked at the young woman. "There is nothing more I can do for him." she said aloud, tears in her voice and her eyes.

Sabrena looks at Sandra seeing a faint onyx pendant with two crescent moons and a diamond shape in the middle, before it vanishes altogether. She hears the words spoken and speaks instinctively. "I knew, a part of me always did; my brother was dying even as I bought him to you."

"I...did what I could. He is now at peace." she mumbles.

"I know. He, like the rest of us, came back."

Sandra sighs lightly. In her mind, she looked at the battlefield that stretched out. "So many. So many came back. Only to leave once more. So many that we could not save." She raised her hand out of the water, reaching towards the woman. "I... I am so sorry, love."

Sabrena shakes her head. "Don't be. I met him again in this life, sometime before running across you." She pauses. "Fate will always put the major players near one another, even if they don't know it."

Sandra sighs once more before slumping in the water, a sad look on her face.

Sabrena grabs a towel and extends her right hand to Sandra.

Sandra slowly opens her eyes and attempts to clear the fog in her mind. She sees Sabrena reaching towards her. She takes the hand and looks a bit confused. "Wha.. What happened?" she asks.

Sabrena pulls her up and hands the towel to her. "I will explain after you dry off." She turns and leaves the room.

Anxious to hear the explanation, Sandra quickly dried off and put her clothes back on. After making sure the bathroom was in good order, she walked out in to the bedroom and sat down in a chair.

Meanwhile Sabrena is at her computer, staring blankly at it when Sandra walks out. ~So many died, I hope I can explain to her about this without becoming a nervous wreck...~

Sandra looks over at her. "Was it that bad?" she asks, nearly scared to death of what she might hear.

Sabrena looks over at her, speaking quietly. "Worse, in some ways. Our land was torn apart by war. Many died, the pyres we used to set would burn for days because we had to keep adding those who had just died."

Tears filled her eyes at the thought of so many deaths. "Was that what I saw? I am having a hard time recalling. Was all foggy to me. Except the song. That song haunts me."

Sabrena nods. "Yes it was, as for the song; look up the old Eire legends. The answer lies there."

Sandra nods her head slowly. "I will, the first chance I get."

Sabrena looks at her. "Good"

Sandra let out a small smile. "I suppose I should head home now. I've... I've got to get some rest." she said as she slowly stood up.

Sabrena catches Sandra as she falls and shakes her head before tucking her into the bed. Sabrena picks up the phone on the nightstand and asks for a cot to be sent up to the room, after the cot arrives she changes into her pajamas and settles down to go to sleep.

As soon as her head hit the pillow, Sandra was once again, passed out. But thankfully, this time, her dreams of death and sadness stayed away and she slept deeply and peacefully.

Sabrena's eyes snap open the next morning and she looks around trying to find out what time it is. She stands up and opens up her phone, which she left charging all night. ~7:30, alright; at least I got a decent night's sleep.~

Sandra slowly comes to and hears movement in the room. Opening her eyes, she sees Sabrena already awake and the cot that lay on the floor. "Morning." she says softly.

Sabrena turns around quickly at hearing the greeting. <i>Shit! And here I was trying not to wake her, kuso... Kuso, kuso!</i> "Mornin, sleep well?"

"Like a rock." Sandra replied a bit hoarsely, then coughed to get her voice back to normal. It was like a rock or something was constricting her voice. "And you?"

Sabrena's eyes go wide as Sandra coughs. "What's wrong?"

Sandra shakes her head. "My throat hurts a little, is all. Like a large rock or something stuck in my throat."

Sabrena goes and gets her some water. "This might help, if not let me know."

As Sandra sips the water, Sabrena opens up her computer and does a quick search for something.

Sandra sips the water, and her throat soothes a bit, the rock dissolving slowly. "Much better. Thanks."

"Good, could you come over here for a sec? I have something you need to see."

Sandra gets up out of the bed and walks over to the laptop and Sabrena. "What is it?" she asks.

"Old Irish legends, in particular one that I think will help explain to you that vision from last night."

Sandra looked at the page, then paled. "Banshee." she muttered, then turned to Sabrena. "I'm a Banshee?"

"Aye, ye are"

Sandra just stood there, silent for a long moment, her hand at her throat. "So it was real then. I had thought it was just a screwed up dream." She sat down in a nearby chair.

Sabrena sighs. "There have been times where I thought that too. September of 2001 was a GREAT month for me."

"What happened to you then?" she asks cautiously.

Sabrena's eyes flicker with an emotion too quickly to tell which one it is. "I can't say."

Sandra's eyes flashed with sadness and nods her head slowly.

"I'll let you have the shower first, I tend to take a while." Sabrena turns back to her computer then.

"Thanks." Sandra said and headed into the bathroom to shower.

While waiting, Sabrena checks her email and glances at the weather report for the day before going to various web gaming sites.

Finishing her shower relatively quickly, she dries off using the towel she had used the previous evening. After dressing, she left the towel on her hair to help it dry and walked out into the bedroom. "That felt nice." she said.

Sabrena looks up from hearing the door open, some Celtic music can be heard from the speakers. She stands up and gives a quick smile before padding into the bathroom.

With Sabrena in the bathroom, Sandra lounges on the bed and enjoys the music. But a nagging feeling hit her. Her Rider's Instinct hit her once again, and she knew that there was a belt for this special woman. A unique belt. She'd have to hurry home to send it out, but decided not to rush out of there and waited for Sabrena to finish.

Sabrena walks out in a towel and roots around in the drawers for something to wear, she notices Sandra in the room still. "I hope you don't mind." She says teasingly.

Sandra giggles. "Not at all. I have no problem seeing the female form. Every woman's body is a temple which is to be admired and cherished."

Sabrena sets her clothes on the bed and starts to get dressed.

Sandra looked over at Sabrena as she got dressed, and smiled just a little. "So, what are your plans today, since the con doesn't start til tomorrow?"

"See some of the sites, I suppose. But other then that, I've no idea really." Sabrena finishes pulling on her shirt. "Is there a place nearby that sells Kolaches?"

"Kolaches?"

"A type of pastry, but instead of just fruit filling, anything can be used; making it a good anytime food."

"Sounds yummy." she said, then shook her head. "We can search online to see if there is a place nearby, if you'd like."

"Sure, I think you'd be better at searching for this then I would, it's your area."

"Kinda, anyway." she said with a smile. "May I use your laptop?"

Sabrena grins. "Go right ahead."

Sandra then got on it, and did a search for it. After a minute, she frowns. "I'm not seeing anywhere that sells them."

<p>Sabrena sighs. "I thought as much, generally it's only really popular in Texas and some of the surrounding areas, I did find a shop near Indy that will ship them around the country sometime ago but I haven't done anything because of the high shipping fees."

"I see." Sandra says sadly. "Well, if you like, after your sightseeing, we could have dinner together again."

Sabrena smiles and blushes. "I'd like that."

Sandra stood up, grabbed her work smock, then looked back at Sabrena. "I know this may seem odd, but may I hug you?"

She pauses for a moment, desire and caution warring against each other before she softly breathes "Hai."

Sandra giggles happily and hugs her tightly. "Thank You!" she squeals, then walked to the door and opened it. "I'll give you a call after I am done with my errands." she said, then bowed slightly and walked out of the room.

Once she left the room, she went straight home. After explaining to a worried Dale, she sent him back to his hotel room to shower, change, and time alone. Once he was gone, she pulled out an item and quickly packaged it. She put down Sabrena's name and the hotel address and it disappeared quickly.
Alara Moonrunner
Gabu

Chapter 9, part 2

Meanwhile in Sabrena's hotel room, she gets a call saying that a package has arrived for her and to please come to the lobby. Sabrena agrees and after hanging up the phone, grabs her wallet and cell phone then leaves. Upon entering the lobby, she sees a UPS guy waiting there. She quickly signs off on the package, curious.

She then heads toward the room just off the lobby in search of breakfast. After eating, Sabrena goes back to her room and opens the package cautiously. "Black's kingstone...it can't be... I don't have any of the skills... why...?" She digs into the box for clues.

Sabrena's hand brushed the stone while searching, and a flash of reddish white light soon covers her body.

While Sandra was at her store, talking to the manager about taking a leave of absence due to 'difficult circumstances' (with a giggle in her mind from Ryuutaros), she had a quick flash. ~She certainly didn't waste any time in opening the package~ she thought to herself as she saw Sabrena activate the Kingstone.

Sabrena looks down at herself after the light from the kingstone ceases, her eyes not blinded anymore. ~Huh? What was...? By the gods...!~ She is somehow able to power down.

"I need to call Sandra about this..." She grabs her phone, before realizing she doesn't have Sandra's number yet. With a slight growl, she puts her phone back on her belt and grabs her wallet. Sabrena walks out, intent on going back to the store she ran into her the first time.

~*~

Sandra turned her smock in to her manager, who was sorry to see her go, and walked out of her old store. ~Now that I am no longer at this store, perhaps all the attacks that have been happening around here will cease and the store will become busy again.~ she thought as she just stood outside the building, staring at it.

~See!~ Momotaros thought to her. ~You didn't need that job at all!~

As Sandra is walking away, she runs straight into Sabrena. "Good, I had hoped I would find you here. We need to talk." Sabrena says with no pretenses.

Sandra tilts her head a little sideways, a small smirk on her face. "Whatever it is, I'm innocent." she said jokingly.

Sabrena raises an eyebrow before shaking her head. "I mean it, Den-O"

Sandra's face went serious and alert. "Let's talk on the way back to my place. It's nearby." she said, and started walking.

Sabrena goes to follow her, easily keeping in stride.

"So, what do you need to talk to me about?" Sandra asked.

Sabrena focuses and her henshin belt shows for a minute before she dismisses it.

Inside her mind, Sandra smiles. In the real world, she raises an eyebrow. "So you were chosen as well, it looks like."

Sabrena looks a bit thoughtful before turning back to Sandra. "Indeed. The question is 'Why me?' though."

~Sounds like what I first thought~ was the first thing through her head. "Whoever sent it must know you have the courage and strength to become Black." Sandra said finally. "As well as the ability to handle the responsibilities it entails."

"Responsibilities?"

"To quote a movie: "With great power comes great responsibility." she said. "Every Kamen Rider protects humanity in their own way."

"Alright." Sabrena replies with a straight face, while she sighs mentally. ~Great, another burden on my shoulders...~

"But there is a silver lining to all this responsibility. Kind of." Sandra told her. "You get Battle Hopper, and a lot of money."

Sabrena's eyes go wide. "H...how much are we talking?"

"I don't know how much you'll get. But if you get as much as I did, it will be at least 7 digits."

Sabrena nods, dumbly.

"Be sure to check the box. It should have a piece of paper that has a PO Box location where your keys and account information are stored." Sandra said.

"Okay." Sabrena replies, dazed.

"But be warned. Monsters will follow you wherever you go. At least, they have with me." Sandra said.

Sabrena snaps out of her daze at that. "Is there some way to keep me here then? I'd rather not risk my family if it comes down to it."

"If you like, you and I could always find a place for the two of us. A small house, or at least a 3 bedroom apartment." Sandra suggested.

"Mmmm, true."

"You want to keep your hotel room for the weekend?" Sandra then asked. "Or would you like to use my air mattress I have in my room?"

"Sadly, I've already booked the room for the duration of the con."

Sandra smiled. "Not a problem. You can keep your reservation. Makes it easier to attend the con as well, with no traffic to deal with. Lucky."

Sabrena looks at Sandra shyly. "You could stay with me, I might be able to get the room switched to a double bed."

Sandra's eyes lit up. "I can stay with you? Oh that would be so cool!" she said excitedly. "And if you can't get it switched, I can always haul my mattress over."

Before Sandra was able to say anything else, her eyes flashed purple and she squealed. She stopped in front of Sabrena with a grin. "Can I pet you, pretty wolfie? Please?"

Sabrena just stares. "Erm..."

Before he could ask again, Sandra pushed him out, taking control of her body once again. ~No Fair!~ Ryuuta complained. She saw the odd look on Sabrena's face and smiled a little. "You'll have to forgive Ryuutaros. He can be quite...childish...at times."

~and a bit nutty too it seems...~ Sabrena thinks, but says nothing in reply.

And it was that moment that the two young women arrived at Sandra's apartment. She looked over at her companion. "So, you still feel up to sightseeing? Or shall we start looking for someplace to live?"

"We can start looking." Sabrena agrees. "Is there a place for sale within the city limits or maybe just outside that has a lot of land?"

"I'm sure we can find something suitable." she said, and unlocked the door, motioning Sabrena inside.

Sabrena walks in with a nod in thanks.

Wendy opens her bedroom door, and sees Sandra with yet another stranger in the house. She glares at the newcomer, then even more so at Sandra. "What did I tell you about bringing people here? Give me some WARNING first!" she screams, then slams the door shut.

Sandra leads Sabrena to her room, then closes the door. "Forgive her. She's been like that a lot lately."

Sabrena sums her up in one simple word. "Bitch..." She snarls, looking ready to tear someone limb from limb.

Sandra saw the look in her face, and placed her hand on Sabrena's shoulder. "Please calm down."

Sabrena closes her eyes, breathing deeply. "I should go, I'll be back shortly."

"Ok." Sandra said softly, not asking any of the questions burning in her mind. "You know how to get here. Come back whenever you're ready."

Sandra pauses slightly. "You want my number, just in case?"

"Sure." Sabrena replies and puts Sandra's number in her phone then walks out.

Sabrena wanders the streets, looking for a martial arts class. She finds one in a strip mall near the apartment, she opens the door and enters.

A dark haired man walks out. "Can I help you ma'am?"

She looks at him with a shuddered face, the rage she was and is feeling in the back of her eyes. "Yes, I would like to sign up for lessons. Hopefully to begin immediately"

The man nods briskly, seemingly looking at something. "That will be fine, I actually have a beginner's class starting in a few minutes from now." He turns to go into another room, Sabrena follows him hoping that her anger will finally get under control.

~*~

In her hotel room, Maeko, with Dark once more in control, is at her laptop, looking for advanced battle techniques. Dark was insistent in her search, determined to beat Den-O, then the other Riders afterward.

But what she stumbles upon, quite by accident, made her grin in anticipation. It was a schedule of events for the hotels in the area. And the largest event was an Anime Convention, 2 days away.

~Perhaps I'll see Den-O there. If not, I could lure him there, then quickly destroy him. With a number of innocents as well, just for the fun of it.~

With renewed vigor, Dark continued to research and plan numerous strategies while Maeko, deep within her own mind, hoped Den-O didn't appear.

Return to “Fanfics”