TV-Nihon 2020 Feedback thread

Suggestions, complaints about the forums or bugs in the fansubs are to be submitted in this forum
Forum rules
If you want to suggest a series to sub... Please use this thread 99% of the time, we'll say "no", so this makes it easier to keep everything in one place.

If you have a picture that you want us to use in our videos... Submit it to this thread Widescreen series should be 1280x720 or 1920x1080. 4:3 shows in 640x480.

If you notice a mistake in the subs Please use this thread to submit it
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald
Type: ISFJ Protector

TV-Nihon 2020 Feedback thread

Post by takenoko »

We just had a staff meeting and a few issues came up

Making our torrents work with Nyaa's tracker
Currently we can't because our tracker requires our url be first while nyaa's require's theirs to be first. I think this is just something we'd need to set in our tracker software but anyone know anything about that?
http://www.tvnihon.com:6969/announce
http://nyaa.tracker.wf:7777/announce

Updating our encoding process
Like what's the current demand for h265 encodes? Should we increase the bitrate to improve the quality of the videos?

Training people to be timers/typesetters
Obviously we have a dearth of typesetters at the moment. Would people be interested if on occasion we posted some code and explained how the effects worked? Maybe we can convert the Wiki forum into a general programmer lounge?

Any other feedback that people have currently?
If it's just requesting we do X project, we do have a thread for people to submit project requests
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Re: TV-Nihon 2020 Feedback thread

Post by Mandalori »

Having page on the Wiki that explain how you do your work (timing, encoding, typesetting, etc) so people have a support to be able to help you.
Explaining the whole process so people can do it on their own so more people will be able to help.
Tokyo
Infinity
Favorite series: Dengeki Sentai Changeman
2nd Favorite Series: Juspion
Dreamy: Escape (Go-Busters)
My boom: The official, yet 100% Brazilian, Jaspion manga coming out.

Post by Tokyo »

Mandalori wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 am
Having page on the Wiki that explain how you do your work (timing, encoding, typesetting, etc) so people have a support to be able to help you.
Explaining the whole process so people can do it on their own so more people will be able to help.
That's a great ideia! I know nothing about computers so I can't even begin to help. If there is a page explaining some stuff, maybe more people can give you little helps here and there...

Also, I'd love to see more old school series being subbed. There is a lack of series from the 70s, 80s and 90s with good subs out there.

Anyhow, your website is awesome! You guys should be very proud of what you do!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Quote: "Are you the new monarch, or are you just a pawn of fate?" - Emerald Herald

Post by takenoko »

I wrote kind of a generic description of how the process work. Feel free to ask questions:

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=24414
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

Maybe update status for side-projects?

for example the status of old project like PGSM DVD, Kabuto HD, Blade 60 fps, etc

While I know it could add unnecessary question from people like asking when it finished or something, it can also help people who have certain skill and interested in the project to step in and help.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

PGSM, luna said she'd work on it after her project. Kabuto is infinitely stalled. You'd have to ask xiiliea about blade, but I'm guessing nothing's happening with that or she'd let us know

Return to “Feedback forum”